Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Things you didn't like at first, but now enjoy

Inspired by the thread about what we used to like, then came to despise! I'm curious about the opposite phenomenon, what did you once despise then grow to love?

I used to really despise Aretha Franklin's music, but over the last 6 or 7 years I've come to really appreciate it! I don't know what clicked for me. The same thing happened with me and Joni Mitchell. I used to HATE her musica and thought her voice was shrill and unlistenable, but now I'm a bona fide fan! I'm not sure what changed, somehow I suddenly "got" them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 2, 2021 9:00 AM

Sushi. I first had it as a teenager and didn't get it, and now it's one of my favorite things to order.

by Anonymousreply 1February 26, 2021 2:14 AM

Rimming.

by Anonymousreply 2February 26, 2021 2:20 AM

Reading non-fiction.

by Anonymousreply 3February 26, 2021 2:23 AM

The Beatles

by Anonymousreply 4February 26, 2021 3:45 AM

R1 On a similar vein... seafood. Just the smell of it used to make me retch. Now, in my forties, I love it! Well, what I've tried so far: haddock, salmon, shrimp, crab, lobster.

by Anonymousreply 5March 2, 2021 5:17 AM

Nothing. No changes. I still dislike the things I originally disliked.

by Anonymousreply 6March 2, 2021 5:41 AM

R5 - next up...pussy.

by Anonymousreply 7March 2, 2021 7:39 AM

I used to hate eating anything with mayo. Now I actually enjoy it in tuna salads and on sandwiches.

by Anonymousreply 8March 2, 2021 7:40 AM

Offal.

As for French opera, first I loved it, then for 20 years didn't like it, now I like it again.

Cheap fragrances and cloying designer fragrances on people in public. I get a kick out of them now but as a young man I was a snob about it.

by Anonymousreply 9March 2, 2021 7:57 AM

“Born to Run”

As a suburban TX kid, it sounded so “Jersey” to me - cold, blue-collar, aggressive. Then one night while driving in LA, it came on the radio and I fell in love. Windows down, cranked-up joy. Still love it.

by Anonymousreply 10March 2, 2021 8:03 AM

[quote] On a similar vein... seafood. Just the smell of it used to make me retch. Now, in my forties, I love it! Well, what I've tried so far: haddock, salmon, shrimp, crab, lobster.

Oooh, I’ve only tried two of those before. What does shrimp and crab taste like? What’s the difference between crab and lobster?

by Anonymousreply 11March 2, 2021 8:20 AM

Lily Allen. When she released her first album I thought she was the absolute worst and talentless. But then her second album came out, “it’s not me, it’s you” and it’s easily in my top 10 of all time. I’m a fan now.

by Anonymousreply 12March 2, 2021 8:38 AM

Bottoming

by Anonymousreply 13March 2, 2021 8:53 AM

Surprise anal

by Anonymousreply 14March 2, 2021 9:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!