Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Help me with ideas to celebrate our 25th anniversary. I'm stumped.

Living in Los Angeles, everything is pretty much still shut down. Climbing the walls, need a change of scenery. Anything open in Palm Springs, San Diego? Road Trip to somewhere unusual?

by Anonymousreply 68March 18, 2021 6:46 PM

A boat trip to Catalina is always nice.

by Anonymousreply 1February 25, 2021 3:13 AM

Palm Springs is open-ish. Outdoor seating at the Tool Shed isn't bad. Go to one of the clothing optional resorts. I think I am going to go this week or next and have been a few times to get out of LA during the pandemic. It's relaxing, but the weather is fairly similar to here right now.

by Anonymousreply 2February 25, 2021 3:17 AM

Joshua Tree is amazing and if you MUST. PS is a hour away.

by Anonymousreply 3February 25, 2021 3:20 AM

Well whatever it is you should try to work silver into it some how.

by Anonymousreply 4February 25, 2021 3:20 AM

Me too.

by Anonymousreply 5February 25, 2021 3:21 AM

Hit Vegas

by Anonymousreply 6February 25, 2021 3:36 AM

Vegas could work, the climax could be a visit to the Neon Museum to see the famous silver slipper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 25, 2021 4:19 AM

Things are pretty much completely open in Orange County.

by Anonymousreply 8February 25, 2021 4:23 AM

Yeah, I know R8, but I hate OC, full of Repugs and pretentious breeders. They pushed out almost all the gays.

by Anonymousreply 9February 25, 2021 4:48 AM

The. I guess anything in Riverside is completely off the table.

by Anonymousreply 10February 25, 2021 4:53 AM

Like what R10, be specific.

by Anonymousreply 11February 25, 2021 4:54 AM

Riverside is even more Repug rapacious than the OC.

by Anonymousreply 12February 25, 2021 5:05 AM

R9 eh, if it's just for a special occasion dinner I don't see why not? Get a nice dinner in Laguna and an overnight stay at a beautiful hotel.

by Anonymousreply 13February 25, 2021 5:25 AM

Can you pack a gourmet picnic and row a boat through the Venice canals?

I guess you’d have to bring one. But I think that would be romantic.

by Anonymousreply 14February 25, 2021 5:42 AM

Hmm, I dint think of that R14 thanks. Venice canals are pretty thin, but they have better ones in Naples Long Beach. I know they have actual gondola rides, seen friends post from there.

by Anonymousreply 15February 25, 2021 5:46 AM

Temecula wine country

by Anonymousreply 16February 25, 2021 5:49 AM

I have never been to a real spa resort, anyone here done that? Are they weird with gay couples?

by Anonymousreply 17February 25, 2021 6:02 AM

Book a room at the Lakehouse in north county San Diego on Lake San Marcos. The attached Amalfi restaurant is outdoors on the lake, they have gondola rides, pontoon boats, paddle boards, kayaks all to rent, and two golf courses. Sunny. Easy. Hidden gem.

by Anonymousreply 18February 25, 2021 8:08 AM

Make a generous donation to a charity in need.

by Anonymousreply 19February 25, 2021 8:36 AM

Book a cabin in the woods. Big Bear?

by Anonymousreply 20February 25, 2021 8:37 AM

Road trip to Carmel, or Big Sur.

by Anonymousreply 21February 25, 2021 9:09 AM

The Venice canals for a picnic lunch? Are you local OP? That's not where you want to be, even though they are pretty to look at.

by Anonymousreply 22February 26, 2021 5:49 AM

Do something around your boyfriend's interests. My boyfriend loves health and beauty, so I took him to a posh spa when we celebrated ours years ago.

He knows I love horses, so he took me racing at Ascot.

Try and think of what he would like.

by Anonymousreply 23February 26, 2021 6:32 AM

I heard Cancun was lovely.

by Anonymousreply 24February 26, 2021 6:37 AM

Go to a ski lodge in a red state. Aren't they still open?

If you want to stay in California, hotels have pretty good deals. More in Orange County. You have to have your masks, but you will see cunts not wearing them.

by Anonymousreply 25February 26, 2021 6:40 AM

happy anniversary OP too. Cheers.

by Anonymousreply 26February 26, 2021 6:41 AM

OP what are some favorite things your partner likes to do? What does he enjoy? Is he an outdoorsy guy? Maybe go up to Yosemite and splurge on staying at that nice lodge in the middle of the park? Go up to the little alpine village called Idyllwild just outside of Palm Springs?

by Anonymousreply 27February 26, 2021 6:44 AM

This is the top rated gay-friendly hotel and resort in orange county. Most hotels and resorts are offering these types of special experiences. There are other hotels, if you are interested in a different area.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 26, 2021 6:56 AM

7 gay resorts in pam springs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 26, 2021 7:04 AM

Idyllwild-Pine Cove, California

Air bnbs, but then you have to hunt for open restaurants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30February 26, 2021 7:14 AM

best Gay bars in Idyllwild. I don't know if they are open. You have to call and check out what you want to do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31February 26, 2021 7:17 AM

That posh hotel out in the mountains with the huge natural pool carved out of rock. It's somewhere in Cali. The Kartrash have all visited.

Or take a plane out to Bora Bora or Turks Caicos where everything is open.

by Anonymousreply 32February 26, 2021 7:18 AM

ps. Happy Anniversary 🎉🎊🎉

by Anonymousreply 33February 26, 2021 7:54 AM

Invite a twinky 3rd.

by Anonymousreply 34February 26, 2021 8:13 AM

I love soaking in hot tubs and getting massages! My partner took me to this place one weekend and it was so fun! It’s about three hours outside of la. almost to San Luis Obispo. Most rooms have their own private hot tub on the patio. You fill it up with the special hot mineral water and soak in it. The only downside is the strong sulfur smell from the water. But you get used to it. I thoroughly enjoyed myself! I keep meaning to go back!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 26, 2021 8:19 AM

Another hotel special offer. Most have them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 26, 2021 8:24 AM

[quote]Help me with ideas to celebrate our 25th anniversary. I'm stumped.

Just remind each other and yourselves how much being together means. There will come a time when one of you will really, really need that.

by Anonymousreply 37February 26, 2021 8:34 AM

[quote] "Book a room at the Lakehouse in north county San Diego on Lake San Marcos. The attached Amalfi restaurant is outdoors on the lake, they have gondola rides, pontoon boats, paddle boards, kayaks all to rent, and two golf courses. Sunny. Easy. Hidden gem."

I was going to suggest booking a hooker for surprise double anal, but this sounds even better!

by Anonymousreply 38February 26, 2021 8:52 AM

what have you decided, op?

by Anonymousreply 39February 26, 2021 10:27 PM

You turn YOUR car (not his) into a float with washable paint and bad paper carnations.

You make him a tiara or find his tiara.

You drive him around slowly so he can do the Queen’s wave.

You suck his dick without forgetting to finger the hole and massage the balls - bonus if you can still put both in your mouth at one time.

by Anonymousreply 40February 26, 2021 10:37 PM

If you guys are "in the moment", I think you're supposed to go to a place where you throw axes at the wall.

by Anonymousreply 41February 26, 2021 11:00 PM

A blow job might be a nice gesture.

by Anonymousreply 42February 26, 2021 11:06 PM

Yosemite National Park. Lots of lodges outside the park.

by Anonymousreply 43February 26, 2021 11:11 PM

Solvang? Never been there, always wanted to go.

Shutters hotel in Santa Monica.

Yosemite is beautiful in winter.

Wine country (Napa, Sonoma, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 44February 26, 2021 11:17 PM

I hear the Overlook Hotel is nice. But I'd check to see if they are open for season.

by Anonymousreply 45February 26, 2021 11:20 PM

I despise las vegas, but they have the best special experience package offers. You might want to consider it. If you go to a smaller hotel, I would be concern that many of the activities and amenities would be CLOSED for COVID.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46February 26, 2021 11:40 PM

[quote]R22 The Venice canals for a picnic lunch? Are you local OP? That's not where you want to be, even though they are pretty to look at.

I used to live in LA but only walked by them once or twice. I saw a punt tied up in one and thought, “How cute!”

I’m not flashy, though. I like things worn and eccentric.

Is the Novel Cafe still in Venice?

by Anonymousreply 47February 26, 2021 11:41 PM

R28, Montage starts at $945 and goes up to $8,000 a night. It's gorgeous, but come on.

by Anonymousreply 48February 27, 2021 3:13 AM

op what have you decided?

by Anonymousreply 49February 27, 2021 7:37 AM

Op, are you still here? Are you cracking under the anniversary planning pressure?

by Anonymousreply 50February 27, 2021 10:30 PM

I've booked us a three day stay at the Amangiri Resort in Utah. Expensive but it has that unique vibe I'm looking for. He loves hiking, climbing and swimming outside in warm water plus the resort has all the luxuries too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51February 28, 2021 12:33 AM

How nice, take me with you. Happy for you guys!

by Anonymousreply 52February 28, 2021 1:21 AM

Go to the mountains for a snow day. Check out Lake Arrowhead.

by Anonymousreply 53February 28, 2021 2:59 AM

Its a pandemic Rose. Just rim him and call it a night.

by Anonymousreply 54February 28, 2021 5:36 AM

We just got take out.

by Anonymousreply 55February 28, 2021 10:04 AM

Drive up the coast to Washington, then take the Anacortes Ferry to Friday Harbor and stay the week in the Friday Habor Suite at the Harrison House of the San Juan Inn Collection.

by Anonymousreply 56February 28, 2021 11:01 AM

you have to take a pic and post, op. Your hub will be so happy. Natural and LUX.

by Anonymousreply 57February 28, 2021 11:29 PM

By all means, ask scores of strangers how you and your partner should celebrate the bid occasion. Or, maybe ask HIM!

by Anonymousreply 58March 1, 2021 12:46 PM

this is what we are here for.

A lounge.

by Anonymousreply 59March 4, 2021 2:41 AM

Maybe the wineries in the San Luis Obisbo valley?

It's a rural area so the COVID restrictions are likely to be light, spring is here and the countryside will be looking stunning, and the OP sounds like he could use a drink.

by Anonymousreply 60March 4, 2021 2:46 AM

Paso: lovely wines, restaurants, and scenery. Easy proximity to the coast (Cambia) and San Luis Obispo.

by Anonymousreply 61March 4, 2021 3:25 AM

OP here, still no decision, other half had a family emergency with his older sibling so I thought our day was going to be down the drain. Anyway it's resolved, he's back sooner than expected but now I am really stumped with only 2 days to figure something else out to do. I think now he's tired of traveling long distances. We have done a lot of things on the list here except for the ultra expensive hotels which are out of our budget. I love that Amangiri Resort in Utah but 2,400 a night! Not going to happen.

So far over the years we have been to:

San Diego

Anza-Borrego

Palm Springs

Idyllwild

Joshua Tree

Laguna

Santa Barbara

Solvang

Venice Canals

All over LA/Hollywood

Big Bear

Seqoia National Park

Yosemite

Lake Tahoe

Death Valley

San Francisco

Redwoods

Have I missed anything? Is San Diego still in lock down? Anyone know a cool house on Air BNB? Cool location or cool architecture maybe? Been to Palm Springs too many times but it's an easy 2 hour drive, but not really special once you have been there numerous times. I don't think my other half is up for a car ride much longer than that right now after his travels. Maybe an awesome restaurant in LA anyone could recommend? Is the Abby open for cocktails yet?

by Anonymousreply 62March 16, 2021 9:31 AM

Well, OP, it sounds like you've been "everywhere & done everything" (or most everything) that California has to offer.......Fucking SHOWOFF!! Perhaps, take a longer trip to Zion, or rent a houseboat on Lake Powell?

by Anonymousreply 63March 16, 2021 10:26 AM

Do a nice picnic on the beach or some nature area.

by Anonymousreply 64March 16, 2021 11:02 AM

[quote]Well, OP, it sounds like you've been "everywhere & done everything" (or most everything) that California has to offer.......Fucking SHOWOFF!!

Well, I lived in California my whole life and I am getting up there in age so not exactly showing off, just been around the block a couple times.

by Anonymousreply 65March 16, 2021 11:16 AM

OP, ask your partner or your best friend for ideas, not a gaggle of queers you've never met.

by Anonymousreply 66March 18, 2021 11:25 AM

If it's still open and accepting guests, the Little River Inn just a bit North (?) of Mendocino is very beautiful and romantic. Bonus: the inn was used in the film "Same Time Next Year" so you have the movie trivia factor added to the experience....

by Anonymousreply 67March 18, 2021 3:32 PM

that movie is crazy interesting. I thought that place was a dive. It's looks nice. You should go. Of course, take pis, and report back.

by Anonymousreply 68March 18, 2021 6:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!