Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I haven't washed the dishes since December 23rd.

The dirty dishes are all over the kitchen but I don't care. I wash a dish or a fork or a pot when I need one.

I have a dishwasher but the rubber plumbing (not the dishwasher) failed and I can't be bothered to fix the rubber plumbing (although I know how to fix it, I think).

What about you? What dishwashing liquid do you prefer? I prefer Palmolive; I now have two bottles but don't use them because they are too precious and when I received them via Amazon on Dec 28th I was so happy I thought, "mission accomplished".

I observe the dirty bowls and plates (with old solidified Dakota baked beans sauce) as I type this. But I don't care.

I thought of getting paper dishes and plastic silverware but I can't be bothered.

Tell me how you do the dishes, or not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 11, 2021 2:38 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 24, 2021 1:02 AM

Palmolive has this light purple, violet dishwashing liquid. The scent is so dreamy that washing dishes by hand is rewarding! I also add it to a spray bottle w/water & few drops of bleach. Add a bit in the washing machine. Mopping wood floors just to enjoy the scent.

There has to be a reward or I'm not involved

The original scent ofTide gets me off of my ass as well. Just offer yourself an immediate reward for motivation. Trick yourself

by Anonymousreply 2February 24, 2021 1:03 AM

Thank you. I will go to the diner tomorrow at 7am for 2 donuts and coffee : no dishes to wash; I might pick up a deputy for a blow job again.

by Anonymousreply 3February 24, 2021 1:11 AM

You sound like the type my late mother would have called "too lazy to draw breath".

by Anonymousreply 4February 24, 2021 1:20 AM

Oh I draw breath hun, but not for the housekeeping. Want a job R4?

by Anonymousreply 5February 24, 2021 1:25 AM

This is why I hide all but one place setting on the tall people shelves in my kitchen, OP. Then, washing becomes the end note of each meal.

by Anonymousreply 6February 24, 2021 1:26 AM

Too lazy to get out the way of a shower of shit.

by Anonymousreply 7February 24, 2021 1:26 AM

Are you an adult R6 or a homealonekid?

by Anonymousreply 8February 24, 2021 1:28 AM

The roaches must love you...

by Anonymousreply 9February 24, 2021 1:30 AM

Hire someone on Taskrabbit to come wash the dishes for you. They work cheap.

by Anonymousreply 10February 24, 2021 1:31 AM

Taskrabbit are all full of COVID.

by Anonymousreply 11February 24, 2021 1:33 AM

R8, living by yourself means you can keep everything looking its best with minimal effort - many times by simply keeping everything where it belongs.

by Anonymousreply 12February 24, 2021 1:33 AM

[quote] The roaches must love you...

I have a Texan who comes round once a month to fuck me and do the bugs. No roach problem, just sayin.

by Anonymousreply 13February 24, 2021 1:37 AM

Dawn...the best

by Anonymousreply 14February 24, 2021 1:47 AM

Dawn makes the back of my throat hurt, a bit.

by Anonymousreply 15February 24, 2021 1:51 AM

OP, you might be depressed.,understandable after the year we’ve all had.

Consider seeing a doctor.

As for the dishes, throw em out! Buy new ones at Target. Problem solved for $40.00.

by Anonymousreply 16February 24, 2021 1:52 AM

Can you eat in the restaurant in your house? That's what I doo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 24, 2021 2:03 AM

Hi Aaron

by Anonymousreply 18February 24, 2021 2:05 AM

Hi hun

by Anonymousreply 19February 24, 2021 2:07 AM

Seriously just throw them out

by Anonymousreply 20February 24, 2021 2:07 AM

[quote] As for the dishes, throw em out! Buy new ones at Target. Problem solved for $40.00.

Where? Tar-Jay?

by Anonymousreply 21February 24, 2021 2:08 AM

So guys, I do need help with the dishwashing, I appreciate that; otherwise I am a total top. What do you think I do first: (a) repair the rubber issues on my dishwasher; or (b) wash the dishes.

by Anonymousreply 22February 24, 2021 2:14 AM

I've been in the same situation as you OP. My landlord won't fix my dishwasher. I finally washed my sink full of dishes and now only use paper plates/bowls

I bake almost everything. I just put down a sheet of tin foil. I only use a pot if food is liquid and can't be baked

by Anonymousreply 23February 24, 2021 2:15 AM

I’d wash the dishes first the. Repair the dishwasher after because it may be messy.

by Anonymousreply 24February 24, 2021 2:16 AM

Finally some good sense, thank you R23!

by Anonymousreply 25February 24, 2021 2:16 AM

Darlink, u need a skrubber.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 24, 2021 2:20 AM

Before I bought a dishwasher, I did what R23 did.

I ordered a ton of paper plates and bowls from Amazon, and disposable silverware, and ate off that. Cooked everything on foil sheets.

Handwashing dishes is one of the worst tortures known to man.

by Anonymousreply 27February 24, 2021 2:23 AM

Whatever you do, don't start talking about tips for the dishwashers; the Caftan Crisis will only get worse.

by Anonymousreply 28February 24, 2021 2:26 AM

Dishes are for those who control their portions, OP. Do what I do -- spread out a big blue tarp (or a Slip-N-Slide will do), go to town, and hose it off in the back yard. Much easier.

by Anonymousreply 29February 24, 2021 3:19 AM

Buy a nicely scented detergent, put on soft music and wash them.

by Anonymousreply 30February 24, 2021 3:52 AM

ROACHES!!!

by Anonymousreply 31February 24, 2021 4:39 AM

The lazy fuckers who are loads are a dead give away by the shape of the muscles, especially on the forearms.

Like tenderized meat just hanging off of the bones

Plus dirty, hoarding homes

Lazy loads

by Anonymousreply 32February 24, 2021 5:02 AM

OP, I can't be bothered...

Now, get off your sorry ass & wash those dishes, you trifling ho!

by Anonymousreply 33February 24, 2021 5:07 AM

I took a sink full of dirty dishes and threw them down them down the chute.

by Anonymousreply 34February 24, 2021 5:41 AM

OP don't give a fork no mo.

by Anonymousreply 35February 24, 2021 5:45 AM

Filth: You’re Soaking in It

by Anonymousreply 36February 24, 2021 5:49 AM

OP: You’re as dull as the dishwater you refuse to use.

by Anonymousreply 37February 24, 2021 5:50 AM

I don’t mind washing dishes but I have such bad back pain that I can only do it for five minutes at a time. It takes me forever to clean the kitchen but at least I get it done eventually. Maybe break it down into baby steps OP?

by Anonymousreply 38February 24, 2021 6:03 AM

An emotional support raccoon would keep those dishes clean for you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 39February 24, 2021 6:07 AM

Get a barstool so you don’t have to stand. Prop up your iPad with subtitles and guilty pleasure whatever I prefer Don lemon —!i love it when he gets real serious and says ok., listen, come in close ...

Get a good pair of rubber gloves and take your fuckin time . I’ve gone the paper plate route but it makes so much trash ... not that I give a fuck about the environment, but it causes me too many trips to the trash

by Anonymousreply 40February 24, 2021 6:11 AM

Are you allowed skeet shooting, OP?

by Anonymousreply 41February 24, 2021 6:13 AM

[quote] Want a job [R4]?

No Toots. I'm sure your place is roach infested.

by Anonymousreply 42February 24, 2021 11:40 AM

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I might try to wash a dish or two today. Baby steps.

by Anonymousreply 43February 24, 2021 1:00 PM

I was going to suggest paper plates, or if you feel fancy, plastic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44February 24, 2021 1:06 PM

I'm sorry that Santa Claus didn't bring you a dishwasher for Christmas, OP.

by Anonymousreply 45February 25, 2021 3:33 AM

Clean up your act, you'll feel 1000% better.

by Anonymousreply 46February 25, 2021 7:39 AM

I have some frozen Stouffers which I can heat and eat from the container. No need for plates. Still need knife and fork tho.

by Anonymousreply 47February 25, 2021 12:15 PM

I washed some forks and knives today and a pot I am about to use for my pasta dish.

by Anonymousreply 48February 26, 2021 2:14 AM

you disgusting piece of shit

by Anonymousreply 49February 26, 2021 2:20 AM

I bet you're too lazy to wash your ass as well. YOU FUCKING STINK OP

by Anonymousreply 50February 26, 2021 2:26 AM

Good lord, wash the damn dishes, OP.

I wash the dishes at least once, but usually twice a day. I have a dishwasher, but I don't use it. I don't like it, and I have too many things that can't go in it anyway.

I use solid dish soap - actual soap. I used to buy it, but it was way cheaper to just make it myself. I made three batches of 100% coconut oil soap with 0% superfat. I scented the batches, one rain, one rose, one lily of the valley. Each batch made four cubes of soap that last a little over two months each - so I won't need to make more for a couple of years.

I have double sinks, and I fill the rinse sink with hot water, and dissolve one tablespoon of citric acid in it to neutralize the PH and help prevent spots.

For washing I use 100% cotton scrubbers that are two layer tunisian crochet. I made them myself, and use a fresh one each day.

Washing the dishes doesn't take very long - if you stay on top of it.

by Anonymousreply 51February 26, 2021 2:27 AM

The only cockroaches I have are the few that come in across the pest-control line and die. I have left their dead, cold corpses around as I figure that if any vital roaches get in then they will see the deaduns and flee out.

by Anonymousreply 52February 26, 2021 2:27 AM

R51 that's too long, and all about you, yourself and you.

by Anonymousreply 53February 26, 2021 2:30 AM

R53, OP asked - Tell me how you do the dishes, or not.

That is what I did. I don't know how to do that without talking about what I do.

As far as being too long, I am sorry that your attention span is so desperately short, as that answer really was not that long.

You should think about why you are such an asshole, and what you can do to be less of a stain on humanity.

by Anonymousreply 54February 26, 2021 2:48 AM

R54 I thought you were European until I read your insults at the end when I assumed you are a brittle queen from CA.

by Anonymousreply 55February 26, 2021 2:51 AM

I am neither European, nor Californian. R54. I am not a brittle queen, either, though sometimes I am a raging cunt. People whining online about how anything longer than a tweet is too long is one of my pet peeves. It brings out my bitchy side.

by Anonymousreply 56February 26, 2021 2:57 AM

I just combed my hair and a cockroach fell out; weirdly I am not completely stressed out so I am glad I am getting over my phobia but still, yuk.    I still look under the bed every night for Red spies though!

by Anonymousreply 57February 27, 2021 12:49 AM

I’ll take a guess that you haven’t bathed in that same two months, OP, and you are now getting rashes in the folds of your skin around your elbows, knees and underarms.

I won’t fault you as I’ve been there myself, depression is depressing and it’s hard to climb out.

Still you sound like sort of an asshole so I’m thinking you’re enjoying this. If that’s the case, congratulations. You’ve created your nirvana just to your liking, huzzah. You might just as well name the cockroach since you willed him into existance, too. Well done, OP, well done.

by Anonymousreply 58February 27, 2021 1:17 AM

I had a shower yesterday. No rashes, I leave those to you R58, keep taking your meds.

by Anonymousreply 59February 27, 2021 1:33 AM

I have one of those vacuum cleaner thangs which plug into the wall. There is so much dust on the floors here that, given all of your words of encouragement for which I thank the kindly DLers, I will try to vacuum tomorrow even if it does seem rather difficult.

by Anonymousreply 60February 27, 2021 1:44 AM

Sorry, I meant to sign R60 from OP

by Anonymousreply 61February 27, 2021 1:45 AM

R51, that is clever. Making soap gives me nightmares of Julian Sands in “Warlock”, but a local store caries olive oil solid soap. I’ve had good luck sewing 10 or12oz. linen into a sock shape to hold the bar. The fiber is rough enough for most tasks. The whole thing hangs off the tap so it doesn’t melt away.

OP@ R60, playing an energetic Sousa march helps get shit done.

by Anonymousreply 62February 27, 2021 3:43 AM

[quote] OP@ [R60], playing an energetic Sousa march helps get shit done.

I'm not in the army anymore. But thanks for the tip! I made some iced tea today so had to wash the pitcher. There.

by Anonymousreply 63March 1, 2021 1:54 AM

[quote]I have a Texan who comes round once a month to fuck me and do the bugs. No roach problem, just sayin.

Anyone who needs to have an exterminator visit monthly is fucking disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 64March 1, 2021 4:17 AM

That reminded me R64. He was here today, without his mask of course, despite the mask mandate here. Anyway, I have now washed 2/3rds of the dishes from Dec 23rd. Sorry for the misinformation: Tex comes to fuck me once a month but does the bugs every 2 mths. It gets rather confusing, what with my busy career (yes, I have a demanding career). I also have pool boy who visits weekly; was Weds but now Mon; he's a very nice Southern boy with a gf (wife?) who doesn't care as long as he's happy; he's happy. No one has been vaccinated of course.

by Anonymousreply 65March 11, 2021 2:09 AM

What? You mean you don't have an organic recyclable dish washing system like I do? 𝙃𝙤𝙬 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 11, 2021 2:35 AM

My dog died. I kept her in the freezer for about a year then gave up.

by Anonymousreply 67March 11, 2021 2:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!