Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lawrence Ferlinghetti Dead at 101

Who was a fan?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 24, 2021 4:29 AM

NPR story from last year...

by Anonymousreply 1February 23, 2021 6:35 PM

Anna Maria Alberghetti in a taxi, honey

by Anonymousreply 2February 23, 2021 6:37 PM

I love his book store.

by Anonymousreply 3February 23, 2021 7:12 PM

Sometime during eternity some guys show up and one of them who shows up real late

is a kind of carpenter from some square-type place like Galilee and he starts wailing and claiming he is hep to who made heaven and earth and that the cat who really laid it on us is his Dad

And moreover he adds It's all writ down on some scroll-type parchments which some henchmen leave lying around the Dead Sea somewheres a long time ago and which you won't even find for a coupla thousand years or so or at least for ninteen hundred and fortyseven of them to be exact and even then nobody really believes them or me for that matter

You're hot they tell him

And they cool him

They stretch him on the Tree to cool And everybody after that is always making models of this Tree with Him hung up and always crooning His name and calling Him to come down and sit in on their combo as if he is THE king cat who's got to blow or they can't quite make it

Only he don't come down from His Tree

Him just hang there on His Tree looking real Petered out and real cool and also according to a roundup of late world news from the usual unreliable sources real dead

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 23, 2021 7:39 PM

Well, that didn’t format the way I intended.

by Anonymousreply 5February 23, 2021 7:40 PM

I’m a fan, OP. He helped map our desires.

by Anonymousreply 6February 23, 2021 8:43 PM

After 101 years I've finally heard of him. I hope that he had a good life and an even better after-life!

by Anonymousreply 7February 23, 2021 9:17 PM

Definitely the last of that generation of beat poets and writers. And another SF institution gone.

by Anonymousreply 8February 24, 2021 4:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!