Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends: chez Kim and Kanye

I feel sorry for the children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57February 23, 2021 10:55 AM

They turned it into a shrine to whiteness. Not a fleck of colour anywhere. A mausoleum.

by Anonymousreply 1February 22, 2021 10:24 PM

It's eerie - reminds me of the catacombs in Italy.

by Anonymousreply 2February 22, 2021 10:27 PM

What happened to the vineyard?

by Anonymousreply 3February 22, 2021 10:31 PM

I think it beautiful house.

by Anonymousreply 4February 22, 2021 10:32 PM

Every man associated with the Kardashians wind up sad and insane.

by Anonymousreply 5February 22, 2021 10:36 PM

That house is frightening. As in, horror-movie-set frightening.

by Anonymousreply 6February 22, 2021 10:36 PM

Changing it from McMansion to Brutalist Dwell is neither good or bad - especially if they live there only three months a year.

It’s much lower maintenance.

by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2021 10:37 PM

Kanye was a bit off balance before he met Kim, surely R5.

by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2021 10:37 PM

Do they actually live there? With kids?

by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2021 10:38 PM

I love their bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2021 10:39 PM

Can you imagine the kids using those vast marble corridors to skateboard or slide in? Or does Kanye scare them so much that they're frightened to do that?

by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2021 10:40 PM

It looks like a scene from American Psycho. I expect to see red blood spattering the white walls as ironic symphonic music plays in the background.

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2021 10:41 PM

All I see is concussions and snow-blindness.

by Anonymousreply 13February 22, 2021 10:43 PM

So cluttered...

by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2021 10:43 PM

The master closet now looks like a boutique.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2021 10:45 PM

Next week, on WHOREDERS...

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2021 10:45 PM

I don’t mind the monochromatic look per se if it’s well done and aesthetic. But the furniture and sculptures that I’ve seen are ugly, and the place is just cold, dead, and absolutely tasteless. Just like Kanye’s clothing line.

by Anonymousreply 17February 22, 2021 10:45 PM

oof just burn it down

by Anonymousreply 18February 22, 2021 10:46 PM

We think it is lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 22, 2021 10:46 PM

[quote] just cold, dead, and absolutely tasteless. Just like Kanye’s clothing line.

Just like Kanye's presidential 'bid'.

by Anonymousreply 20February 22, 2021 10:47 PM

At least they spend enormous piles of money, trickling it down to contractors and white paint companies.

by Anonymousreply 21February 22, 2021 10:51 PM

You all are so mean! No one has even mentioned the color palette. Everything from SNOW ICE to MOUNTAIN CAP. With a little WINTER FROST thrown in for contrast.

by Anonymousreply 22February 22, 2021 10:56 PM

Shiiiiit. Their kids are going to need therapy...

by Anonymousreply 23February 22, 2021 10:57 PM

R24, they would feel right at home in any mental institution.

by Anonymousreply 24February 22, 2021 11:00 PM

I think it's tremendous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 22, 2021 11:00 PM

It's odd maybe but the most bizarre and shocking thing to me was the food. ALL that food. Every bit of it obviously there to be staged, as clearly determined by the way the tomatoes are in front of the taller items, the placement of the cucumbers, etc..

There is no way all of that fresh food is for two people and two little babies. Even if she fed her whole clan, it would be vulgar in its waste. It was intentionally staged and much, if not most of it was either given away (okay fine), or privately tossed in the trash a day or two later. All of it grown and purchased solely for this wasteful Human being to boast over her opulence and wealth and waste.

I grew up poor and working-class (depending on the period) in the deep, DEEP south. To us, the wealthy people in the town were the lawyers. I think about this woman and the fact she was not raised poor. Her father was wealthy, famous. She grew-up around finery and in beautiful homes. It's a bit easier to understand had she grown-up poor. But she didn't. She grew up in the epicenter of wealth, fame, and opulence. She isn't necessarily nouveau riche. So it's all the more disgusting and sad that she acts this way. Tone-deaf, prideful, selfish, gluttonous.

by Anonymousreply 26February 22, 2021 11:01 PM

[quote] At least they spend enormous piles of money, trickling it down to contractors and white paint companies.

Not smart to have paid. Not smart.

by Anonymousreply 27February 22, 2021 11:01 PM

they could live with Donna Reed in a Father Knows Best setting and still need therapy. Both parents are certifiable. Though Kim seems to be pleasant despite whatever her diagnosis is.

by Anonymousreply 28February 22, 2021 11:02 PM

It’s a physical manifestation of any NYT feature describing a “journey” - out of touch blah.

Or it’s “Interiors” by Woody A.- neurotic navel gazing by the walking dead. They can’t even import Maureen Stapleton to add interest.

Better yet, It’s “White Box” with Kanye in the role of Bettina.

by Anonymousreply 29February 22, 2021 11:06 PM

I’ve been inside Kris Kartrashian’s desert home, the Madison Club in La Quinta. Not much different from these after pix. Cold, white, little to no decoration, void of any personality. Same finishes.

by Anonymousreply 30February 22, 2021 11:08 PM

I'm pretty sure that there are other parts of the house where they actually live.

The sad thing is that Axel Vervoordt has designed some minimalist-type spaces that actually do look livable and warm. The combination of Vervoordt and Kanye West equated to something ridiculous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31February 22, 2021 11:13 PM

I think the Tasteful friends with duplex full of mannequins was less creepy.

by Anonymousreply 32February 22, 2021 11:28 PM

As a maximalist this would be one of my personal hells.

by Anonymousreply 33February 22, 2021 11:47 PM

R33 = Nic Fairford

by Anonymousreply 34February 22, 2021 11:52 PM

Better than Serena's house.

by Anonymousreply 35February 23, 2021 12:20 AM

Link please R35.

by Anonymousreply 36February 23, 2021 12:22 AM

I understand they are both trash and trashed it up to feel more at home, I get it.

by Anonymousreply 37February 23, 2021 12:29 AM

Kim's not trash. Kanye, I'm not sure.

by Anonymousreply 38February 23, 2021 12:36 AM

Here it is, R36.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 23, 2021 12:46 AM

This home was a spec home built on a very large lot in Hidden Hills. The previous owner was Lisa Marie Presley. The builders bought the home, razed the house and built an amazing home on the lot which was prime real estate. Two plus acres. Two pools. An enormous home (15,000 plus square feet). Every amenity imaginable. And, yes, a vineyard in front. It was beautiful and WARM. Truly gorgeous. These bimbos lay down the 20 million for the home and then proceed to basically tear this fucking gorgeous home apart to redo it. This is for real: they filled in a brand new swimming pool with dirt because they didn’t like the location. They added on a couple of structures, one a recording studio. They tore down a wing twice to keep adding on to a closet for Kim. Another 10+ million to destroy a brand new, gorgeous home. The end result looks cold, anemic, sparse and not really a place a human would feel comfortable in.

The pix of the brand new home they bought pre destruction are there. Compare those to the current monstrosity.

by Anonymousreply 40February 23, 2021 12:50 AM

OP, After a couple decades of reading daily about their offspring (and cousins), I daresay you will be sick to death of rather sorry for them.

by Anonymousreply 41February 23, 2021 1:14 AM

Frigid.

by Anonymousreply 42February 23, 2021 1:24 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 23, 2021 1:25 AM

It looks like The Day of the Triffids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44February 23, 2021 1:30 AM

I don't understand the "sinks" in the master bath. I don't see a bowl, or any sort of depression. It looks like the faucets just pour water onto the counter, which has a slot to drain some of it away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45February 23, 2021 1:33 AM

I like parts of it for sure. With some art and decent furnishings it would be nice. Also love the bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 46February 23, 2021 1:42 AM

It’s hideous. Two people wirh ugly souls live there, and it shows.

by Anonymousreply 47February 23, 2021 1:51 AM

[quote] The builders bought the home, razed the house and built an amazing home on the lot which was prime real estate.

They built a cookie-cutter junior executive home with contract grade finishes that looks like it belongs in the cornfields outside Naperville, Illinois, R40.

And, a pool? With a kid? And Kanye? You can’t have a pool around Kanye because the baby can’t save him.

This is zero sum - no loss, no gain. It’s just twits playing with money.

by Anonymousreply 48February 23, 2021 2:19 AM

I agree. What's so horrible if people with scads of loot waste it into the local economy.

by Anonymousreply 49February 23, 2021 3:38 AM

I like Serena's house. I don't like her art and I don't like the Lighting Display showroom effect in the dining room.

by Anonymousreply 50February 23, 2021 3:40 AM

R49 I doubt there's much trickle-down to ratedpeople.com

by Anonymousreply 51February 23, 2021 3:42 AM

I would want to kill myself living in that place. So pretentious and depressing.

by Anonymousreply 52February 23, 2021 4:05 AM

Is this an insane asylum? Because all the white - don't want to actually delight the senses with any color or personality. "Lush foliage?" ROFL. Looks like Temecula during the summer.

by Anonymousreply 53February 23, 2021 4:13 AM

[QUOTE] And, a pool? With a kid? And Kanye? You can’t have a pool around Kanye because the baby can’t save him.

They built another, bigger pool in a different position.

by Anonymousreply 54February 23, 2021 4:17 AM

North's bedroom looked like something in a slum. No furniture and all her toys on shelves cut out of the wall.

by Anonymousreply 55February 23, 2021 4:18 AM

R55 you can take the boy out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the boy.

by Anonymousreply 56February 23, 2021 4:40 AM

I really don't mind shades of white used in interior design - that isn't my issue here. The bizarre part to me is that they have NO furniture and NO art to speak of (outside of the "temporary" and seasonal decorations). What few pieces they own/display make no sense, don't fit the rooms or space that they are placed in and seem like afterthoughts. Her bathroom is about the only aesthetically pleasing area of the home. Pathetic vanity project IMO. Hidden Hills is OK but I never did understand the appeal for the $. You really aren't close to ANYTHING, but I suppose that traffic isn't much of an issue.

by Anonymousreply 57February 23, 2021 10:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!