Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Meghan McCain: Replace Dr. Fauci With Someone Who ‘Understands Science’

Meghan McCain, who may have been reading too many Ben Shapiro tweets Monday morning, embarked on one of her signature rants during which she both complained about not getting a COVID-19 vaccine yet—despite her position as a co-host of very important daytime talk show The View—and called on President Joe Biden to fire Dr. Anthony Fauci and replace him with someone who actually “does understand science.”

She began by sharing a clip of Fauci on CNN’s State of the Union over the weekend resisting Dana Bash’s plea to give concrete advice to vaccinated grandparents about how to visit their unvaccinated grandchildren. “There will be recommendations coming out. I don’t want to be making a recommendation now on public TV,” he said. “I would want to sit down with the team and take a look at that.”

“So I was very frustrated when I saw this clip,” McCain said, explaining she has “respect” for the pandemic that has now taken more than half a million American lives and doesn’t mean to “downplay” the tragedy.

“That being said, next week it will be a year since we left the studio and I have been very responsible in many different ways as so many Americans have been,” she continued. “And the fact that Dr. Fauci is going on CNN and he can’t tell me that if I get the vaccine, if I’ll be able to have dinner with my family.”

“It's terribly inconsistent messaging and it continues to be inconsistent messaging,” she said, comparing the U.S. response to a billboard from Israel she saw online—“Get a shot, take a shot”—that promised people they could go to bars with their friends after getting vaccinated.

Meghan McCain and Joy Behar Go at It Over American ‘Enemy’ Ted Cruz

“The fact that I, Meghan McCain, co-host of The View, don’t know when or how I will be able to get a vaccine because the rollout for my age range and my health is so nebulous, I have no idea when and how I get it,” the 36-year-old pundit said. “I want to get it. If you call me at three o’clock in the morning, I will go any place at any time to get it.”

“I want to be responsible and obviously wait my turn,” she continued, “but this rollout has been a disaster. And I understand President Trump can take much of the blame, but now we’re in the Biden administration and I, for one, would like something to look forward to and to hope for because if getting the vaccine means that just nothing changes and we have to wait another few years until everyone gets it, there’s already a lot of people not getting it.

“So I’m over Dr. Fauci,” McCain declared. “I think we need to have more people giving more opinions and honestly quite frankly, I think the Biden administration should remove him and put someone in place that does understand science or can talk like these other countries about how we can be more like these other places that are doing this successfully.”

It’s one thing to criticize the Biden administration’s messaging around vaccines, but for McCain to suggest that Fauci doesn’t “understand science” was clearly beyond the pale for moderator Whoopi Goldberg, who talked over her co-host and threw to commercial as she explained, “I know what I’m saying is controversial, I really do. But I’m not a phony and I’m not going to come on air and say something different than what I’m saying privately.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 23, 2021 1:40 PM

Yes, she's a true scientific expert. Moo Moo Girl, stop embarrassing yourself!

by Anonymousreply 1February 22, 2021 7:20 PM

Replace Meghan McCain with someone who has intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 2February 22, 2021 7:22 PM

OP we know

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 22, 2021 7:23 PM

is she really this stupid, or is she just trolling for attention?

As if this dumb bitch knows anything about science.

by Anonymousreply 4February 22, 2021 7:23 PM

"The fact that I, Meghan McCain, co-host of The View"

A cohost of The View isn't getting special treatment! That is shocking!

by Anonymousreply 5February 22, 2021 7:41 PM

Does she ever shut up?

by Anonymousreply 6February 22, 2021 7:43 PM

I remember when Barbara Walters asked, "Who cares what Meghan McCain thinks?"

by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2021 7:47 PM

The modern Right is all about saying exactly the same thing 1000s upon 1000s of times, particularly lies. So any nuance or equivocation is viewed at best as a weakness. Fauci adjusts his opinions as the science dictates. The pandemic is a present tense dynamic phenomenon.

The Right doesn’t pivot anymore and Covid is an example of how they can’t function where uncertainty plays any role. And that’s why the last administration first marginalized Fauci, then banned him from network interviews, and finally mounted a campaign against him so insidious that he and his family’s lives were threatened.

The Dr. has been doing this for 40 years with absolutely no drama or chaos. This is about creating a lightening rod to help deflect from ones own flaws and limitations. And though Trump is gone, the right will continue to victimize Fauci, as he has become a usable asset with their radicalized wing.

by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2021 8:03 PM

OP: So glad you brought up this subject. I was watching The View this morning and couldn't believe what I was hearing come out of that shrill cow McCain's mouth.

Dr. Fauci is imminently qualified especially given that the virus is constantly changing and as a result, the science changes. WTF gives her the notion that she's qualified to say anything so fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2021 8:05 PM

what is wrong with her? no one is this stupid.

by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2021 8:05 PM

She has no science credentials. ABC could do much better.

by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2021 8:12 PM

This is the reason the word *puke* was invented:

“I want to be responsible and obviously wait my turn,” she continued, “but this rollout has been a disaster. And I understand President Trump can take much of the blame, but now we’re in the Biden administration and I, for one, would like something to look forward to and to hope for because if getting the vaccine means that just nothing changes and we have to wait another few years until everyone gets it, there’s already a lot of people not getting it.

“So I’m over Dr. Fauci,” McCain declared. “I think we need to have more people giving more opinions and honestly quite frankly, I think the Biden administration should remove him and put someone in place that does understand science or can talk like these other countries about how we can be more like these other places that are doing this successfully.”

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2021 8:15 PM

Ha don’t all these other countries have some sort of nationalized healthcare system? If you’re gonna compare what you’re seeing in the US vs other countries, you might wonder if that could contribute to what you’re seeing Meghan. But “we’re number 1!”, so I guess it can get confusing.

by Anonymousreply 13February 22, 2021 9:32 PM

Question for Europeans, Australians, and New Zealanders.

Do you have people who are THIS STUPID in your country, and who are also on television or major networks spouting this type of garbage?

Or is America alone in this phenomenon?

by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2021 10:19 PM

No one has a better understanding of science than republicans. I mean kno one has a better understanding of the bible than republicans.

by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2021 11:02 PM

Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2021 11:05 PM

She should be executed for that fucking hairstyle.

by Anonymousreply 17February 22, 2021 11:37 PM

After receiving considerable backlash, McCain took to Twitter to double down on her comments.

“Many of you can keep worshiping at the alter of Fauchi [sic],” she wrote. “I’m not a phony – i will not go on tv and lie saying one thing privately and another on air. This is my opinion. We need someone else in charge of coronavirus messaging and leadership.”

Rofl. She really has gone off the deep end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 23, 2021 8:23 AM

[14] In Germany her false story about Fauci and the masks (he never said they were useless!) would've earned her the title "Covidiot". And sadly yes, some of Missy McCain's calibre happen on German TV too. But only as guests - every few months. Most of the political chat shows have virologists, local politicians and much better informed journalists than the View's elite "analyst" hairstylist. Such extreme views are rare and appear only to show that such nonsense actually exists.

by Anonymousreply 19February 23, 2021 9:47 AM

Where did she get her advanced degree? The University of Sucking Her Husband's Cracked, Chapped Penis?

by Anonymousreply 20February 23, 2021 10:04 AM

I like how she pretends she isn't a member the party that has been waging war against science and education for decades.

by Anonymousreply 21February 23, 2021 10:20 AM

[quote]I mean kno one has a better understanding of the bible than republicans.

Even that is untrue, R15.

by Anonymousreply 22February 23, 2021 12:42 PM

Replace Meghan McCain with someone who understands applying make-up, dying your hair and fashion.

by Anonymousreply 23February 23, 2021 1:18 PM

Cancel MegHan!

by Anonymousreply 24February 23, 2021 1:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!