Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is the pejorative term “Average White Guy” only used by jealous BIPOC / People Of Color?

Because no white person uses the term “average black guy”, “average Asian guy”, “average Latin guy”, “average Eskimo guy”, “average subcontinental Indian guy, “average American Indian guy”, or “average Middle Eastern guy”.

Are white people more polite (highly doubt it) or are they just not jealous of the average other races?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 23, 2021 3:49 PM

Racism in any form is bad, or we just keep turning the sludge up to let the current bottom worms get some light.

by Anonymousreply 1February 22, 2021 6:30 PM

Garrison Keillor literally did nothing wrong.

by Anonymousreply 2February 22, 2021 6:32 PM

I use the term here only, because Dataloungers in general have very vanilla, conservative tastes in guys. Its a jab at the grandma taste in men, it just so happens that the guys are mostly white.

The current thread about Jared Kushner is a great example. I wouldn't give him a second glance IRL because he's just very plain IMO, but apparently people here are hot for him. I love sexy ass white men and IMO Jared is not one of them! AWG all day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 22, 2021 7:26 PM

I wonder if Russian intelligence gives a list of topics to the Klan and then they post them. Or does the Klan do this by their lonesome? Either way, today has show the Right wingers to having a tough time coming up with an indecent troll thread. This one just sucks: badly.

by Anonymousreply 4February 22, 2021 7:28 PM

I'm a white woman in big tech. I've used "mediocre white guy" for about 15 years. Big tech is busting with them. They're early thirties, working their way up to middle management or have wedged themselves in there already, all have the same hair cuts, same clothes, drive the same cars and go on the same vacations. They're forgettable, interchangeable, and live in the same faux-chic downtown apartments. That's how I've always thought about it.

by Anonymousreply 5February 22, 2021 7:35 PM

r4, these trolls have a bullet list of divisive discussion topics (e.g., society victimizing whites) and these trolls run with it, posting random shit on discussion boards to see what gets traction.

If you didn't have a chip on your shoulder, OP, you wouldn't sound so triggered. Average white guys aren't triggered by this descriptor because they have enough common sense to know 90% it's not derogatory and even when used in such a manner they have enough of a humor about themselves to laugh it off and go on about their day. You must be a below-average white guy, OP.

by Anonymousreply 6February 22, 2021 7:37 PM

What about the pejorative, "white entitlement."

by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2021 7:44 PM

[quote] The current thread about Jared Kushner is a great example. I wouldn't give him a second glance IRL because he's just very plain IMO, but apparently people here are hot for him. I love sexy ass white men and IMO Jared is not one of them! AWG all day.

R3, I’m R7 from the Kushner thread you linked. I wrote the following:

[quote] I hate myself for this, but facially and physically he's just my type.

by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2021 7:48 PM

R5 White women in tech are even more mediocre than the white men.

by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2021 7:51 PM

R3 are you BIPOC or some other colored person?

by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2021 7:58 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2021 7:59 PM

That explains it.

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2021 8:00 PM

You’re very defensive r6

And it’s amusing that you think I’m a Russian operative R4

by Anonymousreply 13February 22, 2021 8:07 PM

It's because white people are very diverse therefore they need a qualifier.

by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2021 8:14 PM

R14 = Orlando Bloom, the Mexican

by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2021 8:20 PM

This thread is trash like the Proud Boy who started it

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2021 11:10 PM

I don't think I've seen the term "average white guy" used outside DL.

by Anonymousreply 17February 23, 2021 3:17 AM

Op = white guy desperate to find a bad word society use against him like society uses them against minorities.

by Anonymousreply 18February 23, 2021 3:25 AM

[quote]And it’s amusing that you think I’m a Russian operative [R4]

I don't think r4 is calling you a Russian operative. They're calling you a right-wing troll. And they're correct.

by Anonymousreply 19February 23, 2021 3:39 AM

Serious question: How come People of Color is acceptable but colored people is offensive?

by Anonymousreply 20February 23, 2021 3:46 AM

R20 People of Color will be deemed offensive in a few years. Like any other industry, the victimization industry needs to keep inventing itself to elicit new outrage.

by Anonymousreply 21February 23, 2021 3:49 AM

The AWG aka “Everyman” archetype has been a standardized, bland, inoffensive, mediocre-looking actor with little displayed talent who are cast in leading roles paired with a hot actress.

That goes back to TWOP forums and maybe even Dlisted. AND, it’s because they are chosen by average white guy casting directors who demand much more desirable physical attributes from female and POC actors.

Keeping It Simple: We demand an unreasonably talented pretty supporting cast for bland paunchy male stars like Matt Damon rolling around in black spanx or Steven Segal draped in a black tarp.

by Anonymousreply 22February 23, 2021 4:01 AM

It’s especially amusing that you think I’m a right wing troll , especially since I have voted for Democrats since I was first old enough to vote and I gave multiple contributions to first Pete Buttigieg, and then Joe Biden last year.

You have no conception of nuance r19.

by Anonymousreply 23February 23, 2021 4:02 AM

[quote] Matt Damon rolling around in black spanx

Link please.

by Anonymousreply 24February 23, 2021 4:03 AM

Viola, R24

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 23, 2021 4:06 AM

Davis, R25?

by Anonymousreply 26February 23, 2021 4:09 AM

[quote] People of Color will be deemed offensive in a few years.

r21 I already see too many people online going: "This is why it should be BIPOC, not POC" excluding the minority unworthy of support. And white people, now they teach you to choose who exactly you are: instagram.com/p/CLaUpwklnnW

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 23, 2021 9:53 AM

I forgot. Isn't it Black and Brown nowadays instead of POC?

by Anonymousreply 28February 23, 2021 9:55 AM

DL likes ladybugs 🐞 & cannot lie.

by Anonymousreply 29February 23, 2021 9:58 AM

R28, "black and brown" was doing well for a couple of years there, but BIPOC really took off after George Floyd died, because the academic view of things, which prioritises black people and indigenous people (due to the academy's focus on colonialism), got a lot of airtime last summer. Think Ibram X. Kendi et al. It was somewhat prescient as Hispanic voters showed later that year that they are much less monolithic than had been hoped, and prominent "woke" figures, like Nikole Hannah Jones, inveighed against the many Hispanic Americans who voted for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 30February 23, 2021 10:04 AM

Regarding average looking guys like Kushner or Zuckerberg. People underestimate the appeal of success these guys have. Their level of fame or success makes them more appealing to some (not me, of course).

It's like a blurry and grainy celebrity dick pic being more interesting (and hot) to some than a clear shot of a regular guy's dick.

by Anonymousreply 31February 23, 2021 10:15 AM

[quote] You have no conception of nuance.

Dear OP,

thanks to social media alt-right trolling, nuance is dead.

When call a whole ethnic group (talk about nuance!) like BIPOC jealous (or petty)? That makes you a racist troll.

[quote] It’s especially amusing that you think I’m a right wing troll , especially since I have voted for Democrats since I was first old enough to vote and I gave multiple contributions to first Pete Buttigieg, and then Joe Biden last year.

SUUUUUUURE, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 32February 23, 2021 10:19 AM

I use "random white guy".

by Anonymousreply 33February 23, 2021 10:52 AM

R23 Exposed: as a Right wing troll. Now go beat off to a Trump pic.

by Anonymousreply 34February 23, 2021 11:06 AM

I love when nuance is used to explain away good old fashion trolling.

by Anonymousreply 35February 23, 2021 11:40 AM

R20 try using People of Coloreds sometime!

by Anonymousreply 36February 23, 2021 11:44 AM

BIPOC sounds stupid.

by Anonymousreply 37February 23, 2021 12:02 PM

R32 the cognitive dissonance is hard on you, poor lamb.

by Anonymousreply 38February 23, 2021 1:45 PM

OP is a snowflake triggered when her privilege is identified. We get it, it’s difficult to carry on when you’ve been so put upon. It’s ok, let go, just let yourself melt away.

by Anonymousreply 39February 23, 2021 3:12 PM

I’m doing just fine r39.

You’re obviously bothered by this post, which is simply asking a question.

Are you a person of color and/or BIPOC?

by Anonymousreply 40February 23, 2021 3:26 PM

I wish the "colored" word did not have such deep painful history. Otherwise "colored" would be a fabulous desciptor for myself, being a gay brown person. The white and black thing is so boring. Thanks history for ruining it.

by Anonymousreply 41February 23, 2021 3:48 PM

[quote]It's like a blurry and grainy celebrity dick pic being more interesting (and hot) to some than a clear shot of a regular guy's dick.

Brilliant analysis r31! 🤣

by Anonymousreply 42February 23, 2021 3:49 PM

R41 how about colorless people instead of white?

by Anonymousreply 43February 23, 2021 3:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!