Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Broadcast TV Scorecard 2021: What's New, Renewed and Canceled

Keeping up with which scripted dramas and comedies are returning (or ending).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38February 28, 2021 1:56 PM

I’m kind of interested in why the CW just basically rubber stamped and renewed everything, even Roswell which they haven’t shown any episodes from in season 3. Was someone lazy, they just don’t care any more about being the bastard child network or they’re happy with their sponsorship?

by Anonymousreply 1February 22, 2021 4:52 PM

Looking forward to the Law and Order spin-off and CSI reboot

by Anonymousreply 2February 22, 2021 5:07 PM

Damn, the CW renewed Batwoman. Even Cult had better ratings !

by Anonymousreply 3February 22, 2021 5:14 PM

So what was canceled?

by Anonymousreply 4February 22, 2021 5:23 PM

"Grey's Anatomy: awaiting word on season 18 (renewal talks under way)"

Fingers crossed!

by Anonymousreply 5February 22, 2021 5:25 PM

You want to talk about lazy, R1, just look at new shows on CBS' slate:

CSI: Las Vegas, NCIS: Hawaii, FBI: International

by Anonymousreply 6February 22, 2021 5:27 PM

Call Me Kat - renewed for two more seasons!

by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2021 5:34 PM

R6, CBS is the worst. I watch nothing on that network.

by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2021 5:39 PM

R8, not even Mom? GFY!

by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2021 5:41 PM

The only show on that entire list that I've watched is The Conners.

by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2021 5:43 PM

OT I don’t like the original 911 but I like lone star a lot. I gave up watching This Is Us. Too depressing.

by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2021 5:44 PM

Whaddabout (new) Dynasty?

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2021 5:44 PM

Network television is truly scraping the bottom of the barrel. What age group is exactly the audience for 95% of that garbage?? When L&O:SVU S23 is one of a couple of things I could even remotely see myself watching every once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 13February 22, 2021 5:46 PM

Isn’t CSI: Las Vegas the original recipe? They’re bringing it back?

by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2021 5:49 PM

I never watched a single show on that list.

The only thing I did watch last year was Manifest, and clearly that's gone for good.

by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2021 5:50 PM

The only thing I watch is Brooklyn Nine Nine, which is sadly ending. It had lost a bit of steam anyway from the first few years. And yes, r11. I do NOT get the This is Us love. Totally manipulated drama , and DEPRESSING.

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2021 5:51 PM

OMG, Mom is ending in May after eight seasons. Why???!

by Anonymousreply 17February 22, 2021 5:59 PM

Because Anna Faris quit the show.

by Anonymousreply 18February 22, 2021 6:03 PM

R3 They can't cancel it. That would mean admitting that making her black was a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 19February 22, 2021 6:06 PM

I suspect I am not the only DLer who hasn't watched network TV in a few years and is completely unaware of what's on now.

Crazy how two completely different worlds--streaming and broadcast have emerged

It's not a snob thing, I just like being able to watch on my own schedule and would rather binge something like The Crown than anything on broadcast.

by Anonymousreply 20February 22, 2021 6:07 PM

Looking at those lists of current network shows feels like walking into a Blockbuster store in 2013 or so; i.e. mostly sad.

by Anonymousreply 21February 22, 2021 6:13 PM

It really looks like networks are calling a mulligan this year. Covid has affected too many things. There are barely any new shows premiering next season, assuming because producing new shows under covid restrictions has been a pain in the ass. They've renewed every show except a few, which had already been announced were ending (Brooklyn Nine Nine). No "shocking" cancellations. Not surprised by any of this.

by Anonymousreply 22February 22, 2021 6:13 PM

Of course, CW is renewing their superhero shows. They paid a lot of money for licensing these comic book franchises. They will milk them as long they can keep these rights.

by Anonymousreply 23February 22, 2021 6:26 PM

Has the fate of "Young Sheldon" been decided yet? It's the only network show I watch, mostly because of Meemaw (Annie Potts).

by Anonymousreply 24February 22, 2021 6:53 PM

A better resource.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 22, 2021 7:09 PM

Looks like NBC may have something good on its hands with "Debris":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 26, 2021 8:52 PM

Are all those shows really on the air? Wow.

Can't wait for the debut of IRS: Charlotte!

by Anonymousreply 27February 26, 2021 8:58 PM

Bassett is approaching mummification.

by Anonymousreply 28February 26, 2021 9:02 PM

you didn't fall into the volcano?

by Anonymousreply 29February 26, 2021 9:03 PM

R3 get over it. CW does not care about live ratings.

R19 except it wasn't. Stay bitter, Ruby.

by Anonymousreply 30February 28, 2021 2:31 AM

[quote] Damn, the CW renewed Batwoman. Even Cult had better ratings !

What the hell is Cult? Is it a show?

by Anonymousreply 31February 28, 2021 2:44 AM

Is it just me or is literally everything on CBS exactly the same show with a slightly different?

And what's with;

Chicago Fire: renewed for seasons 10 and 11

Chicago Med: renewed for seasons seven and eight

Chicago PD: renewed for seasons nine and 10

Why not also;

Chicago Gas Station Chicago Home Depot Chicago Tow Trucks...

by Anonymousreply 32February 28, 2021 3:32 AM

I guess I haven’t thought about it before, but I really don’t watch any major network scripted shows anymore. Gave up on This Is Us, all the CW shows, the ABC comedies. In fact, I think the only network shows I watch are Survivor and the Jane Lynch game shows.

by Anonymousreply 33February 28, 2021 4:12 AM

R31 yes, it's a show. Was cancelled after one season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 28, 2021 8:06 AM

SPEAKING OF CRAP TV (what do i expect from MTV of course! i know! i know) what is up with their show "FLORIBAMA"????

and here i thought that jersey shore crap was a waste!..

the ONLY reason i have ever ever ever watched this show is for that hunk body of jeremiah.... that's it! on the other hand, i think to myself, who watches this show and really watches this crap for EVERYTHING and EVERYTHING ELSE that goes on?

granted, i'm a old fart, but i think "my GOD these people are utter trash!" is that how people their age actually act????" and yet they think they are so "cool"?! literally uneducated, utter trash, drinking, barfing, countless idiotic behavior both mentally ill and childish and so on and so on...is this crap what MTV is happy putting out because people actually watch it? guess so since it's been going on for like 3 or 4 seasons now i think..

shameful! talk about rotting the brains of people this age group and a total waste of electricity! how far and how low can MTV GO in the near or distant future! by the way, why do they even CALL themselves "MTV"... NO MUSIC IS PLAYED THERE!.. for years now!

by Anonymousreply 35February 28, 2021 9:59 AM

What is the point of this post...everything listed is "awaiting word" of renewal or cancellation?

by Anonymousreply 36February 28, 2021 10:07 AM

r32 Have you not heard of a little franchise called "Law and Order?"

by Anonymousreply 37February 28, 2021 1:40 PM

[quote] What is the point of this post...everything listed is "awaiting word" of renewal or cancellation?

One word: Clickbait.

by Anonymousreply 38February 28, 2021 1:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!