Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Protestors Send Mariachi Band To Ted Cruz House ’

Cancun Cruz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37February 22, 2021 10:35 PM

This is hysterical. I love it. I think protest ought to have some wit and humor behind it. Creative. I give it a 10 out of 10.

by Anonymousreply 1February 22, 2021 4:29 PM

Hopefully the neighbors call the INS.

by Anonymousreply 2February 22, 2021 4:35 PM

I LOVE IT!!! possibly the best form of protest available

by Anonymousreply 3February 22, 2021 4:37 PM

anyone else love it

by Anonymousreply 4February 22, 2021 4:44 PM

I fucking love Mariachis. Cruz doesn't deserve them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 22, 2021 4:50 PM

Poor Ted had to leave early to try to save his horrible career.

Bring a little Mexico to him. Yes. Very good.

by Anonymousreply 6February 22, 2021 4:54 PM

Will Cancun Cruz come out and offer water?

If he was smart, which he isn’t, he would come out and be a human being about his mistake. A mix of contrite and a bit of humor to defang the humiliation and stupidity.

But politicians are too full of themselves to admit error.

by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2021 4:55 PM

Poor poor Snowflake, no rest for her these days.

by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2021 5:09 PM

I know I'll catch shit for this but somebody is REALLY trying to make this a 'thing' and it just isn't.

I despise Ted Cruz, but fuck, does everything have to be a cancel-worthy, days-long newscycle scandal? Is it possible they decided to get away, as many people do, without having any idea how widespread the issue was? It'd be one thing if the guy had been given reports by staffers or the Governor indicating the state as a whole was in trouble. And maybe someone did. But is the man not entitled to be checked-out from work from time to time and perhaps was legitimately clueless to what was going on? Mistakes happen. Cruz and his wife, as much of a creepy weirdo that he is, likely weren't sitting around saying "Let's cause a lot of shit for ourselves and fly to Cancun to laugh at the shivering poors!".

Shit happens. If he can't be defeated at the ballot box, is this really going to do anything besides embarrass him? And does he deserve to be embarrassed if he realized it was a mistake and came right back home?

Jesus people, am I the only one violently sick of the sociopolitical hate in this country? We're obsessed with the most bottom-feeding, trashiest of trash stories while our adversaries are hacking our power grids and planning for war.

by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2021 5:10 PM

Shut up MAGAt R9

by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2021 5:12 PM

Trying to give Cruz a pass on this is crazy AF.

by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2021 5:14 PM

Can they send Los Primos De Durango next time??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2021 5:18 PM

Ted Cruz & college pal David Panton (who also went to Cancun). Chocolate and Vanilla Pinwheel Cookies fresh out of the oven.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 22, 2021 5:24 PM

Rafael had to drop those daughters in Cancun haul ass back to TX, but his college buddy stayed behind in Mexico keeping those Ritz Carlton sheets hot. Maybe Rafael had plans to slip back across the border?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2021 5:39 PM

Sending the mariachi band reminds me of the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where Larry sends an orchestra to wake up & irritate the shit out of some asshole.

by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2021 5:59 PM

His neighborhood looks so basic. I’m surprised.

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2021 6:07 PM

Did they serenade the ugly wife?

by Anonymousreply 17February 22, 2021 6:09 PM

R9, he is the fucking SENATOR, and he left his state behind while people were dying! He's not some regular Joe Blow! Were you dropped on the head as a kid?

by Anonymousreply 18February 22, 2021 6:12 PM

R9 sounds so alarmingly triggered on all 5 senses. Gag & die, QAnon cunt!!

by Anonymousreply 19February 22, 2021 6:26 PM

R16 they say that ugly house is $2m... looks like shit and it’s right up against other homes.

by Anonymousreply 20February 22, 2021 6:28 PM

[R9] I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that you’re not an outright MAGAt, but with your equivocations you sure seem to be an apologist. You’re way off base. Ted Cruz represents everything that is vile about the Republican Party., including one of the most anti-gay agendas on record. This is one reprehensible act in a long line of reprehensible acts. You are trying to normalize deeply abnormal behaviour. To what avail?

by Anonymousreply 21February 22, 2021 6:33 PM

Was Cancruz home to hear it, or was he too busy handing out water to the citizens?

by Anonymousreply 22February 22, 2021 6:41 PM

I overlapped somewhat with him at Princeton, R13. Don't remember him. Never had him. But yeah, that's a pretty gay photo

by Anonymousreply 23February 22, 2021 6:50 PM

[quote]Was Cancruz home to hear it, or was he too busy handing out water to the citizens?

Good question. This was all pointless if he wasn’t home.

by Anonymousreply 24February 22, 2021 6:50 PM

[quote] This was all pointless if he wasn’t home.

Keeps it in the news

by Anonymousreply 25February 22, 2021 6:54 PM

Ted in his youth somewhat resembles Paul Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 26February 22, 2021 6:55 PM

What does it say about you when Ted Cruz is your best friend?

by Anonymousreply 27February 22, 2021 7:01 PM

Senate was in session 168 days in 2019, 20 days less than 2018. The average American works 260 days. Basically, senators work 100 days a year less than us. Motherfuckers do not need to get away.

by Anonymousreply 28February 22, 2021 7:02 PM

R26 get your glasses checked. Cruz is ugly then and uglier now.

by Anonymousreply 29February 22, 2021 7:10 PM

R29 I didn't suggest otherwise. But they both look similar.

by Anonymousreply 30February 22, 2021 7:12 PM

Can someone stick a dick in R9’s mouth to shut her up?

by Anonymousreply 31February 22, 2021 7:12 PM

This is EXPERT level trolling. Do we know who organized this??

by Anonymousreply 32February 22, 2021 7:20 PM

Was senor senator in at the time? Did he come out? Then what happened?

by Anonymousreply 33February 22, 2021 8:04 PM

I hope they played "La cucaracha" for Cruz.

by Anonymousreply 34February 22, 2021 8:06 PM

You guys are so gullible, that's not a Mariachi Band, that's ANTIFA disguised as a Mariachi Band

/s (just in case)

by Anonymousreply 35February 22, 2021 8:09 PM

Someone should hire Charo to perform in front of his house

by Anonymousreply 36February 22, 2021 8:15 PM

CHoochi chichi!

by Anonymousreply 37February 22, 2021 10:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!