Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Behind Her Eyes: WTF!!!!1

So no thread about this INSANE show on Netflix?

That ending!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28Last Saturday at 12:58 PM

Didn't see it but might check it out. Can't stand Bono and usually find nepotistic acting careers of famous kids to be worthless, but Eve Hewson looks interesting here as the lead.

by Anonymousreply 102/21/2021

I've started watching it and trying not to spoil myself, since everyone seems to be talking about the ending.

by Anonymousreply 202/21/2021

I've just finished and I'm curious to see what others think. The weird loop the series takes from about episode 4, and then that final episode, have left me undecided about how to judge the fact that the final mystery "twist" turns out being the whole genre we started out with in the opening three episodes.

by Anonymousreply 302/21/2021

Does Tom show everything?

by Anonymousreply 402/21/2021

I like my mystery to be "realistic", can it have some friendly ghost, neutral spirit, or evil entity to spice things up? Interesting ideas but no thanks, it can not! That will instantly turn it into a supernatural genre which I have no interest investing time to watch or analyze. Humans can't really compete against supernatural power, they will always prevail if they want, of maybe I should say if they really want. Anyway, my point is, if there is a supernatural factor involved, I avoid watching them, there is no point examining the clue, the twist, the ending...it's supernatural, anything is possible!

by Anonymousreply 502/22/2021

Same here: I stopped watching when I realized there were some supernatural events and forces even though I did find the acting and the dynamic between the characters interesting. I like my fictions to be grounded in my real world.

by Anonymousreply 602/22/2021

I'm on episode 2. Is Hewson supposed to be blind? She has such a weird non eye contact thing going on at certain times, but then others she seems like she's tracking fine.

by Anonymousreply 702/22/2021

I thought it was fucking stupid. But the music was great and Bono's daughter is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 802/22/2021

Twitter thinks it’s transphobic

by Anonymousreply 902/22/2021

R9, of course they do. If trannies could actually body hop every woman on earth would be dead.

by Anonymousreply 1002/22/2021

Anne Rice did it earlier.

by Anonymousreply 1102/22/2021

Is Tom Bateman naked?

by Anonymousreply 1202/22/2021

[quote]Is Tom Bateman naked?

We see his ass a few times.

I loved it. And yes, when it delves into a different genre it's jarring, but it worked for me.

by Anonymousreply 1302/22/2021

It wasn't well-reviewed, but her previous effort, "The Luminaries" got somewhat better reviews, so I started watching that.

I won't be watching this.

by Anonymousreply 1402/22/2021

Yes, it was entertaining. I had no idea what it was about and was pleasantly surprised. Some non-spoiler thoughts.

1. Dr. Sharma didn’t look at all Indian. I thought he was a lovely character. Also loved Sue and think she was good at hiding her knowledge of the obvious affair between David and Louise.

2. Louise was a total idiot, start to finish.

3. Was her friend Sophie meant to be a lesbian?

4. David went from being hot to looking like Jack Torrance to looking like an awkward little boy. It was very odd.

by Anonymousreply 1502/22/2021

Poor Eve Hewson has a beautiful face but Hillary Clinton legs. There’s nothing to be done about that.

by Anonymousreply 1602/22/2021

R14 The Luminaries is unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 1702/22/2021

I thought it was boring at first but gets more interesting in the last two episodes.

I have also learned from Twitter that this series is racist, homophobic and transphobic.

by Anonymousreply 1802/24/2021

whoa... it does take a weird turn in ep 5 and definitely a what the fuck ending!

by Anonymousreply 1902/25/2021

**spoiler ahead**

Someone online pointed out that while the villain is willing to go through hell and high water to land his dream man, he draws the line at wearing high heels. When he takes charge of a female body, he puts her into low-heeled, clunky shoes. Offing people and pets and zapping around through the ether? No problem. But stilettos? No way.

by Anonymousreply 2002/25/2021

It is weirdly homophobic. I felt very uncomfortable with the ending. I’m surprised it was ever given the green light. There’s no reason they couldn’t have chosen to have a woman be Adele’s friends and fall in love with Tom Bateman other than they wanted the unearned ending to be sensationalist. It was a bad choice. I would imagine there will be quite some backlash. And that poor little boy.

Really, the whole thing was just in terrible taste. Netflix is so desperate for constantly new content they’ll take anything, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 2102/25/2021

I liked it. I have mixed feelings about the astral travel -- it just seemed to come out of nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 2202/25/2021

[quote]There’s no reason they couldn’t have chosen to have a woman be Adele’s friends and fall in love with Tom Bateman other than they wanted the unearned ending to be sensationalist. It was a bad choice.

Rob didn't do the things he did because he's gay. There were hints that he was jealous of Adele while they were in rehab. He was jealous of her being in love and being loved and knew that this woman who he thought was a kindred spirit was going to change once she went back to her own life. When he finally saw the complete package: the estate, David, their love, he had to go for broke. Jealousy is a universal feeling.

by Anonymousreply 2302/25/2021

I didn't like it, but I don't like "supernatural" or "otherworldly"

by Anonymousreply 2402/25/2021

Just finished watching the finale.

I'm not sure yet whether I like it or not. A lot of things (and cinematic tricks) from the previous episodes are falling into place now. Music was very good. Stellar acting, very hard to keep that brooding atmosphere going throughout 6 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 25Last Friday at 12:06 PM

Started watching last night. Only got to Ep 3 but so far interesting and, yes, Adele has piano legs.

by Anonymousreply 26Last Saturday at 3:02 AM

I read the book as it got quite good reviews. Hated it! I'm with the posters above who like their mysteries grounded in reality-- despise the supernatural genre. I started watching it (forgetting I had read the book) and, after Episode 2, realized it and stopped. Don't waste your time on this.

by Anonymousreply 27Last Saturday at 3:08 AM

Louise wanted to have her cock and suck it, too. Can you blame a girl? Dude is hot.

by Anonymousreply 28Last Saturday at 12:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!