Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Care a Lot on Netflix

Anyone seen this yet??? Thought it raised some interesting questions about the elder care industry despite being fiction. Anyone else seen it?

by Anonymousreply 9February 26, 2021 3:45 AM

Watched it last night. Good premise with the potential to be a suspenseful drama, but ultimately morphed into B movie camp. Dianne Wiest never disappoints. I wish she had had more scenes. I stuck with it and appreciated Netflix not turning in it into a 6 part series. I needed closure, but wasn’t quite satisfied with the ending.

by Anonymousreply 1February 21, 2021 2:52 PM

I fell asleep watching it last night. Yes I had a few drinks. How does it end? I enjoyed what I remember of the beginning but I also feel it changed pace at some point and became boring...

by Anonymousreply 2February 21, 2021 2:58 PM

The ending was not satisfying at all.

by Anonymousreply 3February 21, 2021 3:17 PM

I thought the main character was one step above an organ trafficker but the movie framed her as an enviable #girlboss. I was glad the story ended with a tiny bit of comeuppance. I would have liked more acknowledgment that she was a vile human being. Did anyone else notice that ending scene perfectly copies Layer Cake? The white outfit, the sun, getting shot at the top of the your game etc

by Anonymousreply 4February 21, 2021 3:47 PM

There’s a thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 21, 2021 3:54 PM

A piece of crap even Lifetime wouldn't have made.

by Anonymousreply 6February 23, 2021 8:01 PM

R2, are you saying you don't care a lot about I Care a Lot ?

by Anonymousreply 7February 23, 2021 8:04 PM

Dirty Money on Netflix has an entire episode dedicated to the guardianship industry. It's soul-crushing.

by Anonymousreply 8February 23, 2021 8:16 PM

Started out well but ends up being totally shit.

by Anonymousreply 9February 26, 2021 3:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!