Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who the fuck wants to explain Global Warming to Trumpers?

They’re so stupid. They don’t get that it doesn’t mean just literal warmth. It’s climate change. Ugh.

He cute tho.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 22, 2021 4:37 PM

Come on, OP, they have things figured out.

It's cold where I am = No global warming We don't throw gays off buildings like they do in the Middle East = Gay equality

Us libtards just need to open our eyes and our minds to how simple things really are.

by Anonymousreply 1February 21, 2021 7:53 AM

Fuck. I messed up formatting my comment at R1. I think you'll figure it out anyway.

by Anonymousreply 2February 21, 2021 7:55 AM

The world's climate has always changed. It is a dynamic system. Also, the extent of the current changes have been vastly exaggerated. Lastly, he's much cuter than any AOC-supporting lobotomized eco-loon.

by Anonymousreply 3February 21, 2021 7:59 AM

"Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius."

by Anonymousreply 4February 21, 2021 8:11 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 21, 2021 8:18 AM

Typical southerner. Send him back to the patch on HEE-HAW.

by Anonymousreply 6February 21, 2021 8:21 AM

Yes, R3. Climate has always changed. Thing is, before industrialized humans shooting crap into the air it changed VERY VERY SLOWLY.

Now, because of human greenhouse gasses, changes that would have taken10s of thousands of years are taking only decades. Nothing in nature nor even humans can react quickly enough to the climate changing so quickly.

THAT'S THE PROBLEM.

Flora and fauna used to have eons to adapt or migrate naturally to accommodate the changes. Now ecosystems are just outright dying because there's literally no time to adapt or move. And humans, even with our societies and tech, are still "fauna" my friend.

by Anonymousreply 7February 21, 2021 8:23 AM

Sorry, OP. When sheer stupidity looks out at you from someone's eyes, cuteness withers away entirely.

by Anonymousreply 8February 21, 2021 8:29 AM

Ha. Looks like it was me at R7 who actually gave OPs query a shot. I didn't even realize I did it until I was done eye rolling, sighing, and typing out a basic explanation via muscle memory.

by Anonymousreply 9February 21, 2021 8:29 AM

The article at R5 is "opinion"

Here's a forbes article that's not in the opinion section which talks about how the U.S. Military has classified Climate Change as a serious problem for many decades:

"Every branch of the United States Military is worried about climate change. They have been since well before it became controversial."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 21, 2021 9:37 AM

R3 ANYWAY...

Yeah, I love that they had to change it to "Climate change" because Trumpers/Republicans/Anti-science assholes were all "Then WHY is It STILL cold then, huh?"

by Anonymousreply 11February 21, 2021 9:44 AM

As well they should have, R11. Words have meanings, and "global" means worldwide. And the question was never "then why is it STILL cold" in Alaska: "global warming" as explanation for, say, Texas freezing over is patently absurd.

by Anonymousreply 12February 21, 2021 10:31 AM

r5 You posted a six-year-old opinion piece written by a far-right-wing idiot with no expertise in climatology, who worships Ayn Rand? What are you trying to prove, other than your own stupidity?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 21, 2021 12:39 PM

R12 Yeah, if you don't understand things like context, I can see how that would be confusing eg "Why is it STILL cold..."

It's not like they could actually do some research. I mean....we ALL know how fond they are of thinking for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2021 10:17 AM

I don’t care if they understand it, as long as they continue to suffer from it.

by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2021 12:33 PM

This thread didn't go the way OP expected.

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2021 12:59 PM

OP, explain global warming to the Chinese. Explain it to Russia. Explain it to India.

by Anonymousreply 17February 22, 2021 4:15 PM

[quote]Does Our Military Know Something We Don't About Global Warming?

Yeah, that globally, they're one of the biggest contributors. The American military pollutes environments and air around the world.

by Anonymousreply 18February 22, 2021 4:25 PM

R17 we aren’t speaking about them. And they have activists also.

by Anonymousreply 19February 22, 2021 4:33 PM

[quote] "global warming" as explanation for, say, Texas freezing over is patently absurd.

No it isn't, R12. Global warming melts the polar ice caps, which largely consist of fresh water. The addition of that much fresh water to the world's oceans slows the ocean conveyor belt, bringing more extreme cold weather.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 22, 2021 4:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!