Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is anybody else tired of TikTokLounge?

What is with all these inane TikTok we're being bombarded with??

by Anonymousreply 9802/22/2021

It's that queen Edwina who keeps posting them.

by Anonymousreply 102/19/2021

Yes, OP. YES!!

A bazillion times yes! And we can’t even fucking block them anymore.

by Anonymousreply 202/19/2021

I refuse to sign up to tick tock to look at stupid videos.

by Anonymousreply 302/19/2021

Absolutely.

by Anonymousreply 402/19/2021

There's someone relatively new who types in all caps at frequent points. I like that guy.

by Anonymousreply 502/19/2021

It’s Edwin lounge. Ugh. For the first time in 12 years, I might leave Datalounge if it doesn’t stop.

by Anonymousreply 602/19/2021

God, yes. I started to post this today. First it was random “hot” guys, then incesty twins, now we are getting fucking Tic Tac fraus molding salami! Stop the madness!

by Anonymousreply 702/19/2021

Enjoy your Chinese spyware!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 802/19/2021

Would it help to immediately FF any thread that links to a TikTok?

by Anonymousreply 902/19/2021

YES! A couple are OK but this is too much

by Anonymousreply 1002/19/2021

Maybe if everyone sick of the inane TikTok onslaught emailed Mediapolis? As unrelentingly stupid as the TikToks are, the headlines and intro posts are criminally cringe - as though they were written by an overweight 12 year old girl no one likes.

by Anonymousreply 1102/19/2021

Close. Very close.

He ain’t 12, but other than that you nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 1202/19/2021

[quote] yes, I split an infinitive;

Oh, jeez, I hope you didn’t hurt yourself. You gotta be careful with that gymnastics stuff.

You need someone to kiss it and make it better?

by Anonymousreply 1302/19/2021

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 1402/19/2021

They’re all being posted by the same Edwina.

by Anonymousreply 1502/19/2021

Ban TikTok links.

by Anonymousreply 1602/19/2021

Ban Edwin.

by Anonymousreply 1702/19/2021

I am tired of it.....I do not come to Datalounge to see endless posts about TikTok......geez...

by Anonymousreply 1802/19/2021

I don't mind. However, I'm in India where TikTok is banned so I don't even bother reading those threads.

by Anonymousreply 1902/19/2021

R19 Thanks for letting us know.

by Anonymousreply 2002/19/2021

I’m surprised people haven’t FFd it to oblivion. The posts are so obnoxious and posted 20 times a day even if they only get 2 replies. Which are both sock puppet posts and then on to the next one.

This tiktok troll is basically vandalizing datalounge and it needs to stop.

by Anonymousreply 2102/20/2021

He could be a Chinese spy for all we know pushing people onto those links to scrape their info.

I don’t click on any of it. It’s sketchy af. Like a way to bait gay people into clicking.

by Anonymousreply 2202/20/2021

I love TikTok!

by Anonymousreply 2302/20/2021

R21 He's been doing it for ages and then runs to Muriel when people call him out on it. He outed himself then got all mental threatening to get the police involved.

He's obviously very unwell and desperately lonely.

by Anonymousreply 2402/20/2021

TikTok is the most prominent social media platform of the moment, it is bound to be replaced by something else by the end of the year. Just hold on and it will be meaningless soon enough. When was the last time you saw a hot gay guys of Vine thread?

by Anonymousreply 2502/20/2021

r20 you're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 2602/20/2021

[quote]I don’t click on any of it

Even if I don't click on the actual video, TikTok still installs a cookie on my browser when I open a thread that contains one

by Anonymousreply 2702/20/2021

[quote]I split an infinitive; don't hate me

Well, then give me another reason to hate you.

by Anonymousreply 2802/20/2021

I don’t tiiktok. It’s easy not to.

by Anonymousreply 2902/20/2021

Is it really one person or more? He/They could just create one main thread maybe titled TikTokLounge.

by Anonymousreply 3002/20/2021

Just FF each one and don’t click on them. That’s about all we can do. Trolls eventually go away.

by Anonymousreply 3102/20/2021

Sometimes he posts such cute guys, that DL will make a comment. Thus, 1 affirmation of interest is enough. People like Edwina block out everything negative to continue their obsessional tic, whatever it is.

by Anonymousreply 3202/20/2021

tik!

by Anonymousreply 3302/20/2021

TOK!

by Anonymousreply 3402/20/2021

R27, are you sure about that? I don’t open TikTok links but the are often posted within threads I am reading.

by Anonymousreply 3502/20/2021

I have the same issue with the Tik Tok posts as I do with the Harry and Meghan posts. Why can't they all be contained in one megathread? Why can't they just start a thread that is titled "Hot Tik Tok Guys Part 1" or "Harry and Meghan News Part 1" to keep it all contained in one space?

by Anonymousreply 3602/20/2021

Not entirely sure R35 , but every time I check my list of cookies there's usually a TikTok one and I never watch the vids.

by Anonymousreply 3702/20/2021

How could anyone get tired of vapid remarks from self-absorbed bores?

by Anonymousreply 3802/20/2021

The new threads is part of the obsession compulsion. It's a cataloguing. We get freaks like this all the time. Remember that one who was creating multiple threads a day that were listicles of vintage pop music.

We had one last week with dozens of threads about Madonna. And her nose. And comparing her to randos, like Lainie Kazan and Chloë Sevigny. Remember PMBT? What do you think of this German guy?

by Anonymousreply 3902/20/2021

"Would he make a good boyfriend? What does he smell like?"

by Anonymousreply 4002/20/2021

R39 it's not the same thing. The TikTok threads are clickbaity bullshit written by some mentally damaged troll. They appear one after the other in batches at various times a day, and then get bumped repeatedly.

Also to the "Edwin" trolls: NO ONE CARES WHO YOU THINK THIS ALLEGED PERSON IS. You are as BAD and just as annoying as the people spamming TikTok links.

by Anonymousreply 4102/20/2021

[quote] at various times a day,

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 4202/20/2021

[quote] Also to the "Edwin" trolls: NO ONE CARES WHO YOU THINK THIS ALLEGED PERSON IS. You are as BAD and just as annoying as the people spamming TikTok links.

It’s not a matter of “thinking” who it is. We KNOW who it is and if you click on any of the videos you would see exactly who it is too because they’re all linked directly from his account.

by Anonymousreply 4302/20/2021

R41 = Edwin

by Anonymousreply 4402/20/2021

R44 = the true Edwin

by Anonymousreply 4502/20/2021

R42 if you're going to Oh, dear! you should be 100% sure you are correct.

by Anonymousreply 4602/20/2021

I am, r46.

by Anonymousreply 4702/20/2021

r47 No, no you are not.

by Anonymousreply 4802/20/2021

His new nickname is EdTina cuz he’s the type who posts Craig’s List ads “ anyone got Tina Turner tickets” when he’s looking for drugs.

by Anonymousreply 4902/20/2021

I think Edwin feels alienated from gay life because he is unwanted and unattractive. He tries to overcompensate by posting about his "dream" guys.

by Anonymousreply 5002/20/2021

As long as the dudes are hot, and current, keep posting them!

by Anonymousreply 5102/20/2021

The guys he picks aren't even that hot. If you are that horny, just make a TikTok account and you'll see loads of them in minutes.

by Anonymousreply 5202/20/2021

Yep.

by Anonymousreply 5302/20/2021

Keep up, grandpa.

by Anonymousreply 5402/20/2021

I just FF all the Tik Tok threads.

by Anonymousreply 5502/20/2021

I blocked the desperate Edwin troll and all the tiktok threads melted like snow in the sun.

by Anonymousreply 5602/20/2021

Is this usually the content you find on tiktok?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5702/21/2021

I don’t care WHO is posting this shit—whether you KNOW so or just THINK so—I’d just like it to stop.

R39, you have a point; thing is, the Tik Tok troll(s) could be dealt with very easily by simply banning links to Tik Tok. If Muriel can ban CNN, she can ban Tik Tok.

by Anonymousreply 5802/21/2021

Isn't this troll the same person who complains about transplants in NYC? How weird because he types like a 13 year old girl from Dallas.

by Anonymousreply 5902/21/2021

Yes Edwin is the same guy that complains about about white people moving to New York r59.

by Anonymousreply 6002/21/2021

He also claimed to have been doxxed when in actual fact he'd posted a link to his own account then said he was getting the police and FBI involved. He's not very clever.

by Anonymousreply 6102/21/2021

TikTok links should be blocked automatically.

by Anonymousreply 6202/21/2021

That Edwin dude looks old as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 6302/21/2021

Edwin is a little white girl trapped inside of a fat Puerto Rican man's body

by Anonymousreply 6402/21/2021

Edwina can be found on malegeneral.

Spoiler alert : it's not pretty.

by Anonymousreply 6502/21/2021

Edwin is such a pathetic Latino.

I’m Latino too, and I can so easily see though Latinos who pretended to be woke and against the whole patriarchy and yet they desperately lust after straight white boys exclusively.

If you are a self-loathing minority fine but when you try to pretend you’re woke when in reality your sexual preferences reveal you to be racist, you look pathetic to all sides.

Then again, if Edwin was even remotely cute, others would let him get away with it...

by Anonymousreply 6602/21/2021

I'm another one who is thinking of suspending my membership.

I don't expect much but I want working block functions and a working thread watch.

How much is that to ask, really?

by Anonymousreply 6702/21/2021

There is no way Edwin is in his thirties. He looks closer to 50

by Anonymousreply 6802/21/2021

[quote]He also claimed to have been doxxed when in actual fact he'd posted a link to his own account

All of our worst trolls dox themselves, it's bizarre. Erna, Davida, PPSM, Matt, AYB, and now Edwin. It's like a compulsion.

by Anonymousreply 6902/21/2021

Every thread turns into an "Edwin" thread. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 7002/21/2021

R70 Edwin is the troll spamming DL with thread after thread of TikTok nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 7102/21/2021

R71 I've heard, yet seen no proof.

by Anonymousreply 7202/21/2021

The bitching and moaning about TikTok (which I fundamentally agree with) is kind of funny, because DL has always had Aspie trolls who’ve regularly linked to external sites others don’t really care about.

When I first started coming here in the mid-00s, there were constantly links to BigMuscle profiles....

by Anonymousreply 7302/21/2021

R72 You obviously missed all the hysteria when he doxxed himself and claimed he had everyone's IP addresses and was calling the police.

by Anonymousreply 7402/21/2021

Well that was before Muriel took away the thread watcher, R73. It was fine when you could easily follow your favorite topics but now without it you’re just subjected to whatever’s front and center whenever you visit. That means being bombarded with TikTok threads and other obsessive topics.

by Anonymousreply 7502/21/2021

TikTok is just YouTube for the 20's.

by Anonymousreply 7602/21/2021

Is Edwin the guy who posted about six months ago that he had a "stalker" who was contacting some guy named "Harrison"?

by Anonymousreply 7702/21/2021

[quote] I've heard, yet seen no proof.

Then you’re an idiot.

Click on ANY of those links and you’ll see his big ugly mug right at the top of the page, since he links them from his account.

by Anonymousreply 7802/21/2021

So if someone posts a TikTok link here, you can actually see the poster's TikTok user name?

by Anonymousreply 7902/21/2021

R76, YouTube never has had this many hot exhibitionists

by Anonymousreply 8002/21/2021

R78 you've convinced me by calling me an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 8102/21/2021

[quote]TikTok is just YouTube for the 20's.

No.

Youtube has real content.

Tiktok is a bunch of short videos featuring whores being whores. Even that one of the gay looking straight guy fully clothed with the text about his disney princess wife features a whore being a whore.

by Anonymousreply 8202/21/2021

Yes r77.

by Anonymousreply 8302/21/2021

[quote] because DL has always had Aspie trolls who’ve regularly linked to external sites others don’t really care about.

Postimg. Edwin was also the Postimg troll.

by Anonymousreply 8402/21/2021

SO tired of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8502/21/2021

If there's a homophobic thread on here, it was most likely started by Edwin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8602/21/2021

That's the guy who wanted to be best buddies with Shockgobbler.

by Anonymousreply 8702/21/2021

[quote] I’m Latino too, and I can so easily see though Latinos who pretended to be woke and against the whole patriarchy and yet they desperately lust after straight white boys exclusively.

I hear what you’re saying, but I thought Latinos were white, especially Puerto Ricans like that hooker in the hotel who pushed that black boy she claimed stole her iPhone?

by Anonymousreply 8802/21/2021

Latinos aren't a race. Latino means you speak a Romance language (Spanish, French and Portuguese) and a citizen of Latin America. There are white Latinos, turn on Telemundo and that's all you will see.

by Anonymousreply 8902/21/2021

In (partial) defense of R70/R72, you see Edwin's fat face pop up on the screen when clicking these Tik Tok links on mobile and tablet devices, but [italic]not[/italic] desktop. So it's possible not to have seen it, if you're only using desktops to view Datalounge. Small mercies.

[quote]You obviously missed all the hysteria when he doxxed himself and claimed he had everyone's IP addresses and was calling the police.

He claimed to have actually filed a police report with the NYPD. I'd pay money for a copy of that.

[quote]So if someone posts a TikTok link here, you can actually see the poster's TikTok user name?

I don't use Tik Tok, but apparently there are two ways to share their links. One way does indeed show the user name of the person sharing the link, the other way links right to the video.

[quote]the headlines and intro posts are criminally cringe - as though they were written by an overweight 12 year old girl no one likes.

You mean you aren't impressed by grown men who start their sentences with "omg" and end them in "lmao"?

[quote]That's the guy who wanted to be best buddies with Shockgobbler.

And Dylan Geick, before Dylan told him to fuck off and unfollow him. That was hilarious. He was also clearly the one stalking Harrison from Lowe's, and getting VERY upset if it was ever pointed out.

[quote]I think Edwin feels alienated from gay life because he is unwanted and unattractive. He tries to overcompensate by posting about his "dream" guys.

I also think this is true. It's pretty sad that for some, who are handicapped by their own circumstances, thirsting after unattainable guys on Tik Tok is the only way they can express their sexuality. I suspect that religion is involved as well. However, it really has been turned up a notch here in recent days/weeks.

by Anonymousreply 9002/21/2021

[quote] I suspect that religion is involved as well.

Eggweener has an unsupportive family apparently (I read somewhere on something of his).

by Anonymousreply 9102/21/2021

I wouldn’t even mind it as much if it was one thread that he and/or others contributed to.

The problem is he’s literally spamming the board with numerous, numerous threads. Anyone else would’ve been banned from any other site. I’ve been on some message boards where if you respond too quickly to two or three posts in a row the website automatically puts you on a timeout because it thinks you’re a bot spamming.

by Anonymousreply 9202/21/2021

Yes R92 but Muriel allows Edwina anything she wants. The NYPD complaint seems to have worked!

by Anonymousreply 9302/21/2021

All problems on the DL, including all the Russian Trolls, are actually Edwin. Is it possible this person is the AntiChrist and he has chosen the DL to make his return, through irritating and insulting posts?!! 😳

Is it possible Edwin is the reason the Viewed Threads don't work right and the site is buggy??

by Anonymousreply 9402/21/2021

R94 Yes.

by Anonymousreply 9502/21/2021

Edwin came to my house and kicked my dog.

by Anonymousreply 9602/21/2021

R94, I like scapegoats as much as anyone, but the Anti-Christ is going to be MUCH better looking.

by Anonymousreply 9702/21/2021

[QUOTE] Is it possible Edwin is the reason the Viewed Threads don't work right and the site is buggy??

No, but his presence is exacerbated because the site doesn’t work right.

by Anonymousreply 9802/22/2021
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!