Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Donald Trump Must PAY for What He’s Done!

There is bipartisan consensus that he incited an insurrection against the US Government. Mitch McConnell himself is on record admitting it. What is the course of action to punish him for his criminal acts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 6, 2021 1:18 PM

A fitting punishment would be for him to be locked in a room forever with all of his children and ex-wives (and the Slovenian Slut).

by Anonymousreply 1February 14, 2021 12:34 AM

He will be remembered as the president who was acquitted ... twice.

by Anonymousreply 2February 14, 2021 12:35 AM

Nothing will happen to him. We are a third world country with a fucking Gucci belt.

by Anonymousreply 3February 14, 2021 12:36 AM

Nonsense, R3. Something must happen and it looks like it’s up to the Department of Justice.

by Anonymousreply 4February 14, 2021 12:39 AM

No, r2. He will be remembered as having been impeached twice. The Republicans will be remembered as acquitting him twice.

by Anonymousreply 5February 14, 2021 12:40 AM

r5 is right. Nobody remembers that Andrew Johnson was ultimately acquitted, they only remembered that he was impeached (pre Clinton and Trump impeachments).

Trump was impeached twice. That'll stick even more.

by Anonymousreply 6February 14, 2021 12:43 AM

No one remembers Andrew Johnson, period.

by Anonymousreply 7February 14, 2021 12:44 AM

The "Henny Penny, the sky is falling" types here are really irritating. They just voted on this, calm the fuck down. The walls will really start closing in on Dump now. Lawsuits galore, possible criminal indictments from SDNY and Georgia, and his creditors calling in his debt. Plus the Slovenian Whore will file for divorce in the next year, which is just an added bonus.

What this trial did was put 43 sacks of shit GQP Senators on the record for the history books that they are just fine with insurrection.

by Anonymousreply 8February 14, 2021 12:44 AM

Well r7, history isn't taught in the schools anymore, but that's a rant for another day.

by Anonymousreply 9February 14, 2021 12:45 AM

[QUOTE] The walls will really start closing in on Dump now. Lawsuits galore, possible criminal indictments from SDNY and Georgia, and his creditors calling in his debt.

What does that have to do with the insurrection? I don’t give a shit about having him prosecuted for the Georgia phone call or his slush fund of a business. He needs to pay for the goddamn insurrection! He tried to stage a fucking coup!

by Anonymousreply 10February 14, 2021 12:47 AM

Yes, r10, we know. Take a Nervine.

by Anonymousreply 11February 14, 2021 12:50 AM

The Repukes were always going to acquit, this just put 43 of them on permanent record as still doing it when there was so much overwhelming evidence that Trump was/is guilty.

Yeah, it's not much, but it'll have to be enough..

by Anonymousreply 12February 14, 2021 12:50 AM

R10 OJ Simpson initially got away with murdering two people, but in the end justice caught up with him.

Have a drink and settle down.

by Anonymousreply 13February 14, 2021 12:51 AM

The history books in 50 years will include the event and the Senate's acquittal of Trump. He and those cowardly Republicans will be looked on as they are. It won't be good for them.

Since the house managers have collected and bounded together all of the evidence, who's to say they can't turn it over to the FBI? Criminal charges, not impeachment, will be on the way. For him and all of his accomplices. Lindsay Graham has now been tied to the Georgia probe into Trump's election fraud and threats. He might feel good right now, voting as he did against impeachment, but that feeling may be replaced by fear and regret when he realizes he's on a hot seat.

by Anonymousreply 14February 14, 2021 1:53 AM

After every win, we all gather and hope for the next scandal that will finally bring him down. But it never happens.

There's a visceral need to see him 'pay'. But all we've gotten so far is he is no longer President (except in his own mind).

by Anonymousreply 15February 14, 2021 2:08 AM

This is setting the precedent that nothing anyone does will have consequences...remember you parents saying "grow up to be president"? Well now you can lie, be racist, bigotted, misongynostic, grab'em by the pussy and nothing will be done.

Just made my job as a high school teacher easier and sexier!

by Anonymousreply 16February 14, 2021 2:12 AM

"Simpson initially got away with murdering two people"

No. Like Trump, OJ always had people do his dirty work for him. In this case, he hired a psycho drifter to go over to Nicole's after the lights went out, sneak-in and snatch back the jewelry he gave her. But because the guy was a dumb hillbilly, everything went horribly wrong.

So like Trump he's guilty- of something- but they were unable to pin anything on him.

by Anonymousreply 17February 14, 2021 2:15 AM

[quote]r8 The "Henny Penny, the sky is falling" types here are really irritating.

That was Chicken Little. Whore. Henny Penny was a mere supporting character.

You need to read up on your Little Golden Books.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 14, 2021 2:33 AM

While most Senate Republicans pursued his acquittal, even those who voted not guilty warned the former president that criminal charges could be forthcoming.

"The ultimate accountability is through our criminal justice system where political passions are checked," said Sen. Thom Tillis of North Carolina.

"No president is above the law or immune from criminal prosecution, and that includes former president Trump," he added.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, who also voted for acquittal, shared the same sentiment.

"Impeachment was never meant to be the final forum for American justice," said McConnell.

"We have a criminal justice in this country, we have civil litigation, and former Presidents are not immune from being held accountable by either one,' he added.

In Washington, DC, the US attorney said in January that federal prosecutors are open to investigating Trump's role in inciting the violent riots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 14, 2021 2:35 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 14, 2021 4:37 PM

When the fuck is the Department of Justice coming after this thug?

by Anonymousreply 21May 4, 2021 12:18 PM

Why does he stoop like that? His silhouette is so bizarre. Even Biden, old as he is, doesn't have that stooped look. Funny because all the deplorables I'm acquainted with think he's tall, broad shouldered and "strong". All I see is an oafish looking stooped, fat old man.

by Anonymousreply 22May 4, 2021 12:23 PM

Let's get real. Anyone wanna add anything to r8?

by Anonymousreply 23May 4, 2021 12:26 PM

That noose at the Capitol should have been for him. In the olden days, it would have been carried out.

by Anonymousreply 24May 4, 2021 12:31 PM

*crickets* ... R21

by Anonymousreply 25May 4, 2021 12:33 PM

He’s learned his lesson.

by Anonymousreply 26May 4, 2021 12:38 PM

I really believe that there is a majority in our country that NEEDS him to be held accountable. If you want people to believe in government again, apply equal justice to all, including him. When black men and women are dying every day due to police violence, of this SOB has no consequences, this country can never move forward. I definitely dread his supporters reaction to that, but we must *not* stop. He must be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law, that is literally the only way to repair the damage to the People and their ability to trust government again. Joe gets this. But he also knows it cannot come from him, his hands have to remain clean.

Execution is too much to hope for, but how about prison time, hmmmm? Trump has actual blood on his hands. Many deaths were a direct result of his shitty leadership.

by Anonymousreply 27May 4, 2021 12:49 PM

Yes, good comment. ^^

by Anonymousreply 28May 4, 2021 12:55 PM

He won't. None of them will. That's the way the world works today.

by Anonymousreply 29May 4, 2021 12:56 PM

Trump was an AVERAGE Republican president.

His VILLIFICATION is BULLSHIT.

Nit Wit Junior and CHENEY are the REAL criminals and they literally got away with murder.

by Anonymousreply 30May 4, 2021 1:06 PM

Something definitely needs to be done. This fat retarded motherfucker has really gotten comfortable since his orchestrated terrorist attack, continuing to perpetuate the “big lie” that the election was stolen from him and alluding to running again in 2024, as if he has nothing to worry about.

by Anonymousreply 31May 4, 2021 1:13 PM

R30, I disagree. I would put them all as equally vile. I understand why you have this position with all the killing and war, but Trump helped to kill hundreds of thousands of his fellow citizens. He cheered when people died. So they all suck equally. Junior didn’t make light of people dying, at least that I’m aware of.

by Anonymousreply 32May 4, 2021 1:18 PM

LOCK HIM UP!

by Anonymousreply 33May 4, 2021 5:31 PM

Lock up his cronies enablers and accomplices in crime and treason.

by Anonymousreply 34May 4, 2021 5:33 PM

It will NEVER happen, sadly. We { Dems } are PUSSIES!!!!! We are afraid of the Repigs!

by Anonymousreply 35May 4, 2021 5:36 PM

He stole from us. He must pay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 4, 2021 7:07 PM

I couldn't care less what does or does not happen to him. I don't want to think about him, read about him, or see a photo or video of him.

by Anonymousreply 37May 4, 2021 11:47 PM

Barr too. He must be brought to justice as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 5, 2021 2:40 AM

Fine. But Trump first, R38. He’s still a danger to society. Bill Barr isn’t.

by Anonymousreply 39May 5, 2021 1:36 PM

Four months and not a hint of any charges.

by Anonymousreply 40May 6, 2021 12:22 PM

he's disgusting

by Anonymousreply 41May 6, 2021 12:25 PM

Not my fault; I didn’t vote for this creep.

by Anonymousreply 42May 6, 2021 12:25 PM

Yup R40...all the bluster that preceded his loss and now that he's out....nada. Miz Letitia...fuck her and NYSD for not doing their job.

by Anonymousreply 43May 6, 2021 12:44 PM

Why do you keep blaming the New York attorney general, R43? What about the fucking attorney general whom she answers to?

by Anonymousreply 44May 6, 2021 1:10 PM

I guess it's because that's all you heard...Letitia James...and she also went on some shows speaking about evidence against trump, so I blame her. The build up...like Mueller...then it falls flat. Yes...you're right, what about the Attorney General? It pisses me off, bot I'll just have to move on of course...as it's just what it is. Just venting...

by Anonymousreply 45May 6, 2021 1:18 PM

*but not bot^^

by Anonymousreply 46May 6, 2021 1:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!