Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sound of Metal

Wow... This was a good film.

I wish that the rumors about the lead actor being scum were bullshit.

I am from New England and had no idea prior to watching that the majority of it was filmed in Massachusetts.

It really captures that Mass vibe. The suburbs are very green and kind of pretty, but there is this element of ugliness and bleakness.

It really worked for this film..

It really liked it. It makes you want to escape and become who you really are. Even if through "a negative circumstance".

by Anonymousreply 19May 9, 2021 11:53 PM

And I really liked the guy who played the "headmaster of the deaf school"...

I think he deserves a supporting actor nomination..

This film got to me.

by Anonymousreply 1February 14, 2021 12:28 AM

I agree. Excellent film.

by Anonymousreply 2February 14, 2021 12:41 AM

I just watched the trailer and this looks awesome.

by Anonymousreply 3February 14, 2021 1:03 AM

[quote] I wish that the rumors about the lead actor being scum were bullshit.

what did he do?

by Anonymousreply 4March 23, 2021 4:46 PM

Terrific film. Though I had to force myself through the opening sequence because I hated the music so much. All three of the leads are perfect, and the sound design was brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 5March 23, 2021 4:49 PM

Riz Ahmed looked hot in this. Has he done any nude scenes?

by Anonymousreply 6March 23, 2021 5:03 PM

I think he had a butt shot in the HBO miniseries The Night Of. He and the series are both terrific, too.

by Anonymousreply 7March 23, 2021 5:12 PM

Really really good!

by Anonymousreply 8April 19, 2021 7:21 AM

And the Riz Ahmed lunatic with her fifteen paragraph posts will be arriving in 5... 4... 3...

by Anonymousreply 9April 19, 2021 9:48 AM

[quote]And the Riz Ahmed lunatic with her fifteen paragraph posts will be arriving in 5... 4... 3...

Hours? Days? Weeks?

Riz is phenomenal in Sound of Metal, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 10April 19, 2021 8:14 PM

Sylvia Plath grew-up in Mass.

I'm just sayin'

by Anonymousreply 11April 19, 2021 8:55 PM

[quote]Riz Ahmed looked hot in this. Has he done any nude scenes?

Riz has never done fully nude scenes, he's done tons of love scenes, with Freida Pinto, Kate Hudson, Bill Pipper and Rooney Mara, but he never completely nude.

Even when beached whale Lens Dungham got naked in their GIRLS sex scenes, while Riz is humping away, you don't see anything because the scene was shot from a weird angle. When they wake up the next day, Riz is wearing bathing trunks! Lens was completely naked, of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 20, 2021 11:24 AM

That should have been the actress, Billie Piper, not Bill Pipper.

by Anonymousreply 13April 20, 2021 11:32 AM

That deaf Lesbian should have gotten an Oscar nomination. She was good.

by Anonymousreply 14April 20, 2021 6:17 PM

That Raci dude got an Oscar nod. Hope he wins.

by Anonymousreply 15April 21, 2021 4:28 AM

I’m watching it now. I haven’t seen many of this year’s Oscar nominated performances, but damn Riz is fucking good.

by Anonymousreply 16April 25, 2021 6:47 AM

[quote] what did he do?

He was a bad date once or something.

by Anonymousreply 17April 25, 2021 10:14 AM

I have R9 on Ignore, he must be the same douchebag who trails the Riz Ahmed fans here. Especially the Riz detractors.

If it's the same posters, he always trails anyone who says negative things abut Riz. This poster is rather neurotic, especially as there are so many other threads here where other celebrities are constantly put down. This freak obsessively trails posters here who have anything negative to say about Riz. This person is disturbed.

Guess R9 is, once again, trying to stir up lies and bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 18April 25, 2021 12:52 PM

Lou has the same expression throughout.

by Anonymousreply 19May 9, 2021 11:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!