Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bernie Sanders calls Biden OMB Director pick Neera Tanden's social media Tweets "Vicious"

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) opened his questioning of Office of Management and Budget Director nominee Neera Tanden on Wednesday by asking her to “reflect a little bit” on the well-telegraphed personal slights she levied across party lines while running the Center for American Progress.

“Your attacks were not just made against Republicans. They were vicious attacks made against progressives. People who I have worked with, me personally,” Sanders began during Tanden’s hearing before the Senate Budget Committee. “At a time when we need serious work on serious issues and not personal attacks on anybody, whether they’re on the left or right, can you reflect a little bit about some of your decisions and the personal statements that you have made in recent years?”

Speaking during the second of two confirmation hearings this week, Tanden apologized, picking up from a line of inquiry instigated by Republicans the prior day. In front of the Senate’s Homeland Security Committee on Tuesday, Tanden expressed regret for her inflammatory social media conduct, including frequently taking to Twitter to bash prominent GOP officials.

“It’s really important for me to demonstrate that I can work with others and I look forward to taking that burden,” Tanden told Sanders during his first appearance as committee chairman. “I apologize to people on either the left or right who are hurt by what I’ve said.”

Drilling down further, Sanders asked Tanden to promise that she will take a “different approach” if confirmed to the OMB position under President Joe Biden, noting the county’s extreme partisanship. “Absolutely,” she said. “I would say, you know, social media does lead to too many personal comments and my approach will be radically different.”

The brief exchange clarified questions ahead of the hearing about how the two party figures at different ends of the spectrum would interact. Former Sanders advisers and staffers told The Daily Beast that Tanden’s constant antagonizing of the progressive movement, including Sanders himself, is still a sore spot for some supporters, but that they anticipated he would move on.

In one bizarre utterance, Sen. John Kennedy (R-LA), a conservative, appeared to do the opposite, telling Tanden that she “called Senator Sanders everything but an ignorant slut.”

With online insults out of the way, Sanders quickly pivoted to a preferred topic: CAP’s ties to corporate money. He referenced a Washington Post report that listed a variety of sources that bankrolled the center-left think tank over which Tanden presided for many years, including Wal-Mart, JP Morgan Chase, Amazon, and Wells Fargo.

“How will your relationship with those very powerful special interests impact your decision making?” Sanders asked pointedly.

“It will have zero impact on my decision making,” Tanden assured the populist senator, referencing times when she “disagreed vigorously” with positions from some of her organization’s corporate backers. “It will be my role to ensure that I’m only serving the interests of the American people, the administration, and its agenda to address rising inequality and address the needs of working families.”

At other moments, Sanders looked for areas of commonality with Tanden. They agreed on aspects of the Biden administration’s pre-stated White House portfolio, including raising the minimum wage, which Sanders called “starvation wages” to $15 per hour, providing free college tuition for families earning below $125,000, giving individuals three months of paid medical and family leave, and addressing growing climate change and infrastructure concerns.

Tanden agreed to all of Sanders’ shared policy goals with Biden, who selected her to be OMB nominee last December.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98February 27, 2021 2:09 PM

Is Neera Tanden a bitch?

by Anonymousreply 1February 10, 2021 9:32 PM

She looks like the meaner version of Kathy Najimy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 10, 2021 9:37 PM

Is she still suffering PTSD from the traumatic Great Divide of 1948?

by Anonymousreply 3February 10, 2021 9:38 PM

I don’t like her. Biden should pick someone else... someone more attractive.

by Anonymousreply 4February 10, 2021 9:42 PM

[quote] The Center for American Progress

Now what is that? Is that supposed to make America great again?

by Anonymousreply 5February 10, 2021 9:44 PM

The Daily Beast is a pay site now? What a joke, who would pay for that?

by Anonymousreply 6February 10, 2021 9:44 PM

Cunt

by Anonymousreply 7February 10, 2021 9:45 PM

Does she post here?

by Anonymousreply 8February 10, 2021 9:46 PM

Go to sleep, Bernie.

It's past your bedtime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 10, 2021 10:41 PM

I mean, he's right.

by Anonymousreply 10February 10, 2021 11:59 PM

[quote] Moderate Republicans Susan Collins and Mitt Romney come out against Joe Biden's Budget Office pick Neera Tanden over mean tweets but White House refuses to back down on her nomination

Tanden should blame Russian hackers. It's worked before.

by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2021 9:20 PM

He’s not right. Politics is tough. I doubt they’d say anything if she were a man.

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2021 9:23 PM

Sanders is an ignorant slut who consistently votes against gun restrictions and against Russian sanctions and has done NOTHING in his 50 years in the Establishment but name 2 post offices and try to spoil 2 presidential elections. He’s scum.

by Anonymousreply 13February 22, 2021 9:28 PM

“who I have worked with”—oh dear, Bernie

by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2021 9:36 PM

Mean tweets? Seriously? Who gives a fuck. Is she a good person for the job? There's some other reason they are opposing her and using this as cover. Get on it, DL sleuths.

Bernie doesn't like vicious? He sure benefitted from it. So he hated his Bernie Bros? That's sad. They will be very upset.

by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2021 9:43 PM

Well if it isn’t the pot calling the kettle black! 🤡

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2021 9:48 PM

Of course DL would take this bitch’s side against Bernies.

You guys like the [italic]worst[/italic] people.

by Anonymousreply 17February 22, 2021 9:49 PM

I’m so happy she isn’t going to be confirmed. She’s unhinged and unqualified. The only thing she’s done for the past 20 years is raise money from Clinton associates.

by Anonymousreply 18February 22, 2021 9:54 PM

Well she had the gall to call out the bernie bros on twitter so Bernie is just doing fan service to his boys! This just shows how utterly feckless Left Twitter is because they are just boosting these republican talking points to sink her as revenge in some stupid twitter feud. So much for solidarity...

by Anonymousreply 19February 22, 2021 10:06 PM

Solidarity? What do you think this is? The Polish docks?

by Anonymousreply 20February 22, 2021 10:13 PM

Susan Collins has a nerve. When did she ever object to Trump’s tweets? And temperament for the job...like Kavenaugh has?

by Anonymousreply 21February 22, 2021 10:15 PM

[quote] Now what is that? Is that supposed to make America great again?

You’re an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 22February 22, 2021 10:16 PM

R18’s posting history outs him as a Freeper. F&F

by Anonymousreply 23February 22, 2021 10:17 PM

Tanden was always a risky pick. She’s railed against these senators personally for years and years. Confirmation was always going to be tough.

by Anonymousreply 24February 22, 2021 10:24 PM

Neera is nothing but a Hillbot who has spent the last 20 years being a slave to the Clintons. She once psychically assaulted a journalist (who ran bernies campaign in 2020) who DARED to ask Hillary a question about her vote for the Iraq war.

by Anonymousreply 25February 22, 2021 10:28 PM

Sanders needs to be curb stomped.

by Anonymousreply 26February 22, 2021 10:32 PM

[quote]She once psychically assaulted a journalist

Pics Please.

by Anonymousreply 27February 22, 2021 10:44 PM

I don’t necessarily like Tanden. But, for any Republican to say they don’t want to confirm her because of “mean tweets” is utter bullshit and they need to be called out for that.

And as others have said, if you confirmed a rapist as a SC judge, you have disqualified yourself and should just STFU. Bernie has done neither, and he can voice his opinion. Not saying that he’s right or wrong here, but he’s not Susan Collins or one of the other Republican boot lickers.

by Anonymousreply 28February 22, 2021 10:59 PM

[quote] The only thing she’s done for the past 20 years is raise money from Clinton associates.

Perhaps explaining why Neera Tanden has a history of undercutting sexual harassment victims.

Two days after BuzzFeed News unveiled allegations of sexual harassment and retaliation at one of the nation’s top liberal think tanks, the Center for American Progress's president, Neera Tanden, met with staff to restore confidence in the organization’s ability to handle the issue and ensure that employees feel safe.

But during the meeting Wednesday afternoon, Tanden named the anonymous victim at the center that story — a revelation that a CAP spokesperson said was unintentional — and what began as a tense meeting became what three staffers in the room described as a textbook example of the organization’s failures to appropriately handle sexual harassment cases.

"There is literally one thing you cannot do in this meeting and that is out the victim and Neera did it multiple times...It also destroys whatever small level of confidence in the system remained," one CAP employee who was in the room said in a text to BuzzFeed News. “As a manager I don't know how I can tell staff to trust the system when the head of the organization just outed the victim in front of the entire organization. It is impossible to trust her.”

“Neera lost the organization today,” another CAP employee who was in the meeting said. “There was so much angst in that room. She outed the victim, and the subtext of every question was a lack of confidence in her leadership and ability to create trust within the organization.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 22, 2021 11:17 PM

Neera Tanden is smart, tough and qualified. She should be confirmed. These fucking senators overlooked and forgave Trump for causing an insurrection where his vice president was under the threat of death, and yet these same senators can't play hardball with someone who called them a name in a Tweet.

by Anonymousreply 30February 22, 2021 11:24 PM

She's too controversial.

Send her away, ASAP, and find a more suitable replacement.

by Anonymousreply 31February 22, 2021 11:29 PM

That's a lie, Bernie doesn't work with anyone. He just makes a lot of noise in front of the camera and does nothing at all the rest of the time.

by Anonymousreply 32February 23, 2021 12:09 AM

Mean tweets? That's the worse we got on her? We just got through the worse 4 years of lies by major players in the Republican rank and file. She will be a significant, strong, and intelligent woman that OMB needs. Democrats, quit eating your own.

by Anonymousreply 33February 23, 2021 6:24 AM

Biden is wavering. It looks like she's going down now. Thank God.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 23, 2021 7:40 PM

She has a voice that will make you want to tear your ears off, and don't get me started on that suicide-inducing laugh of hers.

President Biden, please don't release this terror upon the nation--we've suffered enough.

by Anonymousreply 35February 23, 2021 8:16 PM

This is what is so exasperating about Bernie, and ultimately why he never accomplishes much. Bernie hired a bunch of toxic shitposters for his campaign comms team. Tanden was defending herself from them just as much as she was attacking them. Instead of wasting time on this stupid GOP talking point which only highlights his own poor hiring choices, he should be laser-focused on POLICY.

by Anonymousreply 36February 23, 2021 8:54 PM

So pathetic. Neera is a fame whore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37February 23, 2021 9:51 PM

Jeff Sessions made a bunch of racist comments and was still confirmed

by Anonymousreply 38February 23, 2021 9:53 PM

Lots of ignorant cunts in this thread. Bernie bros? MAGAts? (What’s the difference?)

[quote] President Biden, please don't release this terror upon the nation--we've suffered enough.

^^ This retard, for instance, seems to think this is a public-facing position. You’d actually hear from Tanden LESS if she were confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 39February 23, 2021 9:58 PM

Good article on how the Biden WH screwed up her nomination

They were betting on “her story” getting her confirmed. Identity politics=loser. Why do democrats persist in this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40February 24, 2021 12:28 AM

I'm not really a fan of Tanden, but does anyone else think that Joe Manchin's refusal to support her nomination is actually retaliation toward the White House for this recent incident?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41February 24, 2021 12:50 AM

Manchin is voting no on Tanden so that he can vote yes on the covid bill. Tanden is the sacrificial lamb

by Anonymousreply 42February 24, 2021 12:54 AM

She looks like a witch.

by Anonymousreply 43February 24, 2021 1:09 AM

Neera Tanden supported the idea of forcing Libya to “pay us back” for bombing them and “liberating” them and argued that that would help keep Americans in favor of war in the Middle East. She’s a sicko

by Anonymousreply 44February 24, 2021 1:52 AM

Blah blah blah Bernie Bro R44

by Anonymousreply 45February 24, 2021 1:55 AM

She looks as fun to have to deal with than Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 46February 24, 2021 2:01 AM

I agree with r44 — we should liberate a country and then we should have to pay them for the honor of being allowed to do that, and then we should apologize and pay reparations.

by Anonymousreply 47February 24, 2021 2:06 AM

Tanden a "liberal". lol

by Anonymousreply 48February 24, 2021 2:55 AM

You know what they say, two outta three ain’t bad...

by Anonymousreply 49February 24, 2021 3:22 AM

“Her tweets are so mean! WAHHHHHHHHH”

by Anonymousreply 50February 24, 2021 3:25 AM

R41, nah, his outrage was mostly theater. He came around on the COVID bill shortly after because of the good reaction she received.

R42, it's also very possible Manchin is voting no because they have enough GOP votes to confirm her. That's usually how he rolls.

by Anonymousreply 51February 24, 2021 6:06 AM

R51 There wouldn't be tons of articles talking about replacements for Neera Tanden if her candidacy wasn't dead in the water. Who is going to vote for her? Murkowski? She votes with Romney and Collins and they are voting no. Sasse? Toomey? Where is this magical 50th vote coming from? Not to mention that Sinema and Bernie may end up voting no as well.

So no, this confirmation is dead in the water, unless the Biden team is hell bent on installing her, in which case they can put her in as acting for 2 years. That may be where he's going if the obsessive tweeting from MSNBC viewers online whining about this is any indication, but they'd be making a big mistake if they do it. They'd be needlessly antagonizing the left and giving Republicans fodder to say that Biden doesn't care about "unity," which would be true if he expends political capital over Neera Fucking Tanden of all people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 24, 2021 6:38 AM

My impression of her from her news show panel appearances over the years is she's a very annoying baby voiced political hack.

by Anonymousreply 53February 24, 2021 8:20 AM

R25 psychically assaulted, you say? Did she use a telepathic attack or a telekinetic attack? I wonder which is worse?

by Anonymousreply 54February 24, 2021 10:32 AM

Have they ever brought up tweets to a male candidate besides Trump? They’re laying this on a bit thick.

by Anonymousreply 55February 24, 2021 11:00 AM

Tanden insulted these senators PERSONALLY for years. It’s not just “mean tweeting” that’s the issue. If someone spent the last four years attacking you and then came to you to ask for a job you’d tell them to get lost too. Not to mention how badly she insulted Bernie’s staff and supporters.

It’s over for her. I’m not sure why the WH isn’t giving up but it’s not a good look for them. Take the L and move on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56February 24, 2021 1:10 PM

She just seems so expandable. What is so amazing that they need to cling to her so desperately? Let it go, and get to somebody else. Manchin has decided this is going to be his big show of independence for his wingnut constituents. Well, so be it. I'm sure there are plenty of party operatives/bureaucrats to choose from.

by Anonymousreply 57February 24, 2021 1:21 PM

It is NOT about mean tweets.

She is a dangerous and unqualified pick

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58February 24, 2021 2:19 PM

R52 Politico has lots of Dem-bashing gossip masquerading as political journalism. Biden is not backing down on Tanden. He's an old school dealmaker. There's a reason he's not giving in on this.

And regardless what you think of Tanden as a candidate, if you don't see the problem with Bernie amplifying bullshit GOP talking points then you're not a serious person. Oppose her on policy or qualifications, sure. But to pretend there's any point to be made by the party with nothing left but trolling on decorum in tweets is fucking ridiculous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59February 24, 2021 2:28 PM

She might be pretty if she had that schnoz fixed and wore a little makeup.

by Anonymousreply 60February 24, 2021 2:29 PM

[Quote] if you don't see the problem with Bernie amplifying bullshit GOP talking points then you're not a serious person. Oppose her on policy or qualifications

He did try that, but the Republicans didn't see an issue with it since they are all corrupt like she is. The tweets is the only thing they could use as a basis to oppose her nomination that would be acceptable to their donors and base.

I don't doubt a lot of the speculation from Democratic strategists online that Bernie set Joe Manchin up to take the fall for him. However, I do think the White House should take the L and move on, but they won't. The party is a vehicle for career promotion and self dealing. Neera is owed a favor and that's why the Biden team is pressing so hard on this. They re making a mistake, but they don't really care. This is the hill they are willing to die on and they will die on it. Worst case scenario for her, she ends up a political martyr and becomes even richer than she already is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61February 24, 2021 2:55 PM

She’s obviously owed a few favours

by Anonymousreply 62February 24, 2021 3:22 PM

She insulted Manchin's daughter. You remember the pharmaceutical profiteer?

by Anonymousreply 63February 24, 2021 3:26 PM

OK, time to Harriet Miers this bitch and move on to another candidate.

by Anonymousreply 64February 24, 2021 3:27 PM

Neera was basically just giving back what the nasty leftists were dishing out, often on behalf of Bernie. Bernie acting like a wounded victim here is pretty rich, when his surrogates on Twitter were about as awful as they could be, often getting suspended for the things they said.

by Anonymousreply 65February 24, 2021 3:29 PM

The hacks on Pod Save America really went to bat for her.

by Anonymousreply 66February 24, 2021 3:29 PM

Did they have any amazing policies that she will implement and that she's been a great spokesperson for, r66, or was it the usual mutual backscratching?

by Anonymousreply 67February 24, 2021 3:32 PM

R67 Mutual backscratching. “She’s one of the most upstanding people I know and qualified for any position. People need to get over a few tweets”.

by Anonymousreply 68February 24, 2021 3:34 PM

The fact that the WH is floating names for another pick means they’re just about done with Neera. They see the writing on the wall. Sinema and Bernie haven’t said if they’ll vote to confirm her or not so it isn’t just about looking for one Republican. Her nomination is dead and I’m thrilled that Bernie is the one to kill it. You reap what you sow, Neera.

by Anonymousreply 69February 24, 2021 3:37 PM

They’ll put Neera in a cushy,do nothing position that doesn’t require Senate confirmation

by Anonymousreply 70February 24, 2021 3:44 PM

[quote] She just seems so expandable.

I noticed that too. She could be the next Violet Beauregarde.

by Anonymousreply 71February 24, 2021 3:49 PM

heh, I didn't see I did that r71. I like it.

by Anonymousreply 72February 24, 2021 3:55 PM

I see the Bernie-hating retards are out in full force. I understand and totally accept criticism of the man, but when you express hate and loathing toward him yet find ways to justify Republicans in disguise like Manclit and Senema, well, your slip is showing.

by Anonymousreply 73February 24, 2021 4:06 PM

R69 As I've said, they are not abandoning her. They are going full out on trying to save her nomination. They are threatening Joe Manchin by bringing back the Epipen scandal into the headlines and leaning on Sinema, Bernie and Murkowski hard to get them to flip. This is such a waste of political capital and you know, if they manage to pull this off (which I don't think they will) that it will come at the cost of a minimum wage increase, stimulus checks and student loan debt relief.

I don't care how many favors Neera is owed, it's not worth jeopardizing the stimulus bill, which is already weak enough as it is, to get a corporate hack a job where she will continue to be scandalous for the administration and serve as a major distraction. I get that a lot of DC politics is about patronage and owing favors, but it's just not worth it in this case. So many lawmakers, including Jim Clyburn, have been trying to walk the Biden team off the ledge here, but they just won't do it. It's a big mistake and anyone who is honest knows it. They won't see the blowback coming if they don't stop this charade now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74February 24, 2021 6:09 PM

I don't care that much about Tanden herself (although I do think it's typical deadender fauxgressive nonsense to torpedo a liberal candidate for inadequate fealty to Bernie). But it is fucking suicidal for Dems to reward the GOP's mean tweets bullshit. If you have a vaild reason to oppose Tanden, say it. But you need to even more loudly denounce the GOP for their bullshit and even more often, because the press is always poised to run with the GOP narrative. Unfortunately Bernie and Manchin have already fucked it up.

by Anonymousreply 75February 24, 2021 7:50 PM

[quote] She is a dangerous and unqualified pick

Fuck off, Susan.

by Anonymousreply 76February 24, 2021 8:12 PM

While the Republicans are being incredibly hypocritical regarding ANYONE's use of Twitter after Trump, I will admit to not having much respect for anyone of any political stripe who resorts to Twitter trolling.

It's immature, cowardly and spiteful and speaks volumes about a person's character.

Seriously, would you want to work for someone who took to Twitter to put out negative tweets about people they did not like?

by Anonymousreply 77February 24, 2021 8:23 PM

Neera is not a “Twitter troll”, Jesus Christ.

This thread is sure full of Bernie dead-ended trolls, however—easy blocking.

by Anonymousreply 78February 25, 2021 5:14 AM

It still continues to baffle me that the Biden team is wasting so much political capital on Neera. If it turns out that Hillary and John Podesta were responsible for putting them up to this, then they will be known for tanking Biden's administration early on, on top of tanking their own doomed presidential campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79February 25, 2021 2:16 PM

The Neera army isn't doing themselves any favors by sending harassing emails to journalists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80February 25, 2021 2:24 PM

I see the Everyone I Disagree With Is A Bernie Bro Troll is active on this thread

by Anonymousreply 81February 25, 2021 2:45 PM

R81 How do you feel about the Neera Bros. and the Hillary Bros.? They do quite a bit of bullying and harassing as evidenced in R80.

by Anonymousreply 82February 25, 2021 3:14 PM

[quote] Kathy Najimy

Holy shit. Can't believe I never noticed this until now.

by Anonymousreply 83February 25, 2021 3:37 PM

Pretty obvious Hillary Clinton is behind this nomination. I’ve noticed that Clinton world is the one pushing the “opposition to Neera is sexist and racist” line.

by Anonymousreply 84February 25, 2021 4:37 PM

^ Was it really in dispute? Of course she and John Podesta are behind this. It's why the Biden White House is expending so much political capital over this worthless nomination. They [italic] owe [/italic] the Clinton's this appointment as a favor and it's despicable that they won't back down on it. The fact that they are even willing to consider derailing their climate change agenda by allowing oil drilling to reopen in Alaska in exchange for Lisa Murkowski's vote really should make people's blood boil. If Bernie doesn't vote no after this shameless horse trading, he will have throughly discredited himself to his entire base.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85February 25, 2021 7:13 PM

Why does Biden "owe" HRC?

For staying out of sight during the campaign?

by Anonymousreply 86February 25, 2021 7:15 PM

It's how politics works. People trade favors for money exchanged and political support. Obviously, this is one of the things the Clinton team demanded of Biden for their help and support. That's why they are going down to the wire on this nomination. If it fails, there may be significant consequences for Biden. It's also possible that the Biden team will place Neera in a position where she will sit for 3 months while leaving the position vacant until congress calls a recess in order for them to install her as acting. They should go with someone else, but it depends on how badly certain powerful people want her installed in that job. Shalanda Young is a fine choice. So is Gene Spalding. Go with them. It's crazy that they are expending so much political capital on this, but this is how DC works.

by Anonymousreply 87February 25, 2021 8:00 PM

This article seems to suggest that this Neera nomination is personal for the White House and that they will die on this hill for loyalty. It's so fucking stupid. A lot of people on Twitter are criticizing this piece for accusing the chief of staff Ron Klain of being too heavily invested in this appointment and failing to secure as a result of tactical errors, but the Washington Post is right. This is not the hill to die on and if they die on it, it will expose weakness to Republicans and the Biden administration will get eaten alive. We are doomed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88February 25, 2021 9:03 PM

Neera might be finally going down. Fingers crossed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89February 26, 2021 4:45 AM

This bird looking bitch is starting to irk me, especially because of the trouble she’s causing Biden.

by Anonymousreply 90February 26, 2021 7:31 AM

God the Clinton conspiracy theorists are out in force today

by Anonymousreply 91February 26, 2021 2:30 PM

This article is spot on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92February 26, 2021 2:44 PM

Link isn't working. Let me try this again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93February 26, 2021 2:45 PM

[quote]We are doomed.

Your concern has been noted.

by Anonymousreply 94February 26, 2021 2:46 PM

Yes, fuck her. Stop promoting bullies and sadists.

by Anonymousreply 95February 26, 2021 2:49 PM

If the WH caves into Murkowski’s demands in order to get her vote for Tanden then Biden will lose the left forever.

by Anonymousreply 96February 26, 2021 2:52 PM

r94 One of the upsides to Bernie losing the nomination is that we avoided juvenile assholes like Sirota being elevated to senior white house staff positions - that screed isn't really about political corruption but his own attempt at payback over some silly grudge because Tanden got one of his Bernie Bro friends fired from Demos for shitposting on twitter back in 2016 - it really is that petty but my god, they tried to make that into some socialist morality play and are still sore about it 5 years later. Google Matt Breuning fired and you will find hundreds of tweets and reddit posts about it - Sirota is so fucking melodramatic.

by Anonymousreply 97February 27, 2021 1:49 PM

-r96 Who is this Left and losing them to where? There is zero risk of any congress member on the left voting against a the most progressive legislation in recent history over some petty twitter grudge but there are at least centrist dem senators who could potentially either vote against the bill or even change parties and throw the senate back into McConnells death grip - which is the greater risk do you think? Part of the problem with the current anti-majoritarian structure of our national institutions (Senate, Judiciary, electoral college) and geographic polarization is that the all the political incentives are stacked against the Left and the democratic party has to cobble together a disparate electoral coalition that includes moderate/centrists in order to barely hold on to power - the republicans have a built in 4-5% advantage just based on geography and will use that as long as they can so the shrinking white minority can hold on to power indefinitely.

by Anonymousreply 98February 27, 2021 2:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!