Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Matias" on Call My Agent

Thibault de Montalembert -- not traditionally handsome but sexy as all hell. And Fanny Sidney who plays his daughter is simply adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 18, 2022 9:58 AM

This show is catching fire on Netflix. Let's see if the French are as financially driven as American TV makers because they're all in for raises if they keep going

by Anonymousreply 1February 8, 2021 2:57 AM

I loved that show before it was a thing. The changeover of the creative team in series four is obvious but it is still very good.

I thought the other guy was oddly hot. A delightful show.

by Anonymousreply 2February 8, 2021 3:07 AM

The Administrators at DL are pitching ANOTHER Netflix show.

by Anonymousreply 3February 8, 2021 3:12 AM

Season four is terrible.

Seasons one through three were excellent. Something happened -- or they ran out of creative steam.

And Mathias is NOT sexy. He's fat and mean. His son, however, was very cute.

by Anonymousreply 4February 8, 2021 3:54 AM

Thibault recently played a mother-hen-type transvestite in the film Miss.

by Anonymousreply 5February 8, 2021 5:19 AM

He's a good actor, but I wouldn't call him hot.

by Anonymousreply 6February 8, 2021 5:32 AM

@r3 nope not shilling. You're missing a great show.

by Anonymousreply 7February 8, 2021 6:15 PM

He reminds me of Peter Gallagher.

There is another active but slow thread titled Dix Pour Cent which is the name of the show when it originally aired in France. Hopefully this thread may attract more fans of the show who know it as Call My Agent.

by Anonymousreply 8February 8, 2021 7:04 PM

Gabriel is a slow burn hottie. And Herve is growing on me too!

by Anonymousreply 9June 11, 2021 5:02 PM

Lousy final season.

by Anonymousreply 10June 11, 2021 5:23 PM

I want to run my hands through Matthias’ thick, beautiful hair. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 11June 11, 2021 5:25 PM

Dominiqur Besnehard, one of the producers of the show, said in an interview that this is the final season and the series will close with a feature-length movie to be filmed in the USA with American celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 12June 11, 2021 5:28 PM

Hmm. A feature length movie... I don't know about you guys, but what made the series for me was the procession of actual actors playing themselves to advance the narrative of the agency. So how would that work in a non-series feature format?

by Anonymousreply 13June 12, 2021 5:11 AM

Sexy?!

by Anonymousreply 14June 12, 2021 5:22 AM

It jumped the shark with Sigourney Weaver’s dismal turn. All the other guest actors were self-deprecating enough. But Ms. Weaver had to engage in a vanity trip.

by Anonymousreply 15June 12, 2021 6:20 AM

Every time I watch a French movie or show I wish I had had the discipline to keep up with my French lessons. Such a beautiful sounding language. Anyway, I loved this show.

by Anonymousreply 16June 12, 2021 11:08 AM

Herve constantly cracks me up. I hope he gets a great career out of this.

by Anonymousreply 17June 12, 2021 11:59 AM

The first couple seasons were really funny.

by Anonymousreply 18June 12, 2021 12:11 PM

Herve's body language! Eloquent!

by Anonymousreply 19June 12, 2021 2:16 PM

Le bump.

by Anonymousreply 20June 17, 2021 9:57 PM

I agree that Matias isn't handsome but is sexy.

I loved the first three seasons but still haven't brought myself to watch the fourth, because people say it's so dismal. I don't want to wreck my memories.

by Anonymousreply 21June 17, 2021 10:20 PM

R15, unlike Sigourney Weaver, has no sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 22June 26, 2021 12:10 PM

Like a lot of series, the first season is genius, the second not quite so good and then things go really go down hill.

by Anonymousreply 23June 26, 2021 12:21 PM

Ooo it’s a French comedy about show business

I watched it- MEH

by Anonymousreply 24June 26, 2021 12:39 PM

I am finally watching it. It's really entertaining. Soapy, and I am invested in all the characters. The gay woman lead is definitely the star of the show IMO, along with her assistant/the daughter. The gay assistant is a slightly less cartoonish version of Marc from Ugly Betty, impish but not to such a degree he's an offensive stereotype.

The show makes me sad, though, because I took French classes for years and I understand maybe one out of every 150 words. I wish schools taught languages with an emphasis on actual conversational speaking. I can read about 85 percent of French writing but I don't have an ear for it at all.

Several of the actresses on this show have great big noses and I find them beautiful. I appreciate that the first episode skewered the US entertainment industry for its Stepford disfigurement addiction. Average French women do age better because they aren't under the illusion their surgeons have the power to defy time.

by Anonymousreply 25November 2, 2021 3:01 PM

I binged on all four seasons. Season four is not terrible. I don't know where that's coming from. The direction did change noticeably at some point but the writing remains strong and I stayed invested with every character all the way to the end. Every single one. That doesn't happen a lot.

by Anonymousreply 26November 6, 2021 6:42 PM

I thought Gabriel was low key hot. I mean, give him a decent haircut and put him in a gym for a month and he'd be extremely attractive. I never really understood his low self esteem. I guess that's why Sofia and he were so drawn to to each other, given that she had the same issue.

by Anonymousreply 27November 6, 2021 6:51 PM

My first reaction to Herve was that he was exactly like a queeny character from an Amoldovar movie. I found him annoying for a while, but he grew on me.

Loved the episode with Juliette Binoche.

by Anonymousreply 28November 6, 2021 6:52 PM

I agree Mathias is sexy!

by Anonymousreply 29November 6, 2021 6:55 PM

Sometimes he's sexy, sometimes he looks like a very alert dog.

He's confusing.

by Anonymousreply 30November 6, 2021 7:10 PM

I agree he is doggy, like if Samantha Stevens turned a well-groomed basset hound into a person.

by Anonymousreply 31November 6, 2021 7:12 PM

Great show.

by Anonymousreply 32November 6, 2021 10:37 PM

I just rewatched it. Thierry de Montalembert is a great character actor and I'd like to see him as a mastermind criminal leader. But as for sexy....I can't imagine he'd be anything but a fat, lazy and selfish lover who'd probably have a sex-induced heart attack.

by Anonymousreply 33May 18, 2022 8:03 AM

Arlette and Jean Gabin are my favourite characters. The actress Liliane Rovère has lived an incredible life.

by Anonymousreply 34May 18, 2022 8:35 AM

It was hilarious at the end when Arlette told Jean Reno she was grieving over the death of Jean Gabin and he assumed she meant the actor who died in 1976. Jean Reno's self-controlled, kind reaction was classic.

'I miss him so much.'

'Well, we all do.'

'He loved running after a ball, you know?'

'No, that I didn't know..'

'In his youth.'

by Anonymousreply 35May 18, 2022 8:42 AM

^ That was a beautifully acted scene, zany but heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 36May 18, 2022 9:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!