Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Barb & Star go to Vista Del Mar

The trailer for this movie reminded me of Dataloungers. I know some of you basic bitches can relate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 18, 2022 6:07 PM

They're playing frauen! Since Vanessa Bayer and Margaret Cho and Phyllis Smith (from "The Office") are in it too, it's a must-see for me. I hope it's good.

by Anonymousreply 1February 2, 2021 8:09 PM

Gee. A movie about fraus reminds you of DL?

by Anonymousreply 2February 2, 2021 8:10 PM

This looks about as funny as a colonoscopy. Kristen Wiig doing a wacky voice for two hours? No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 3February 2, 2021 8:15 PM

I love Kristen Wiig, but this looks awful.

by Anonymousreply 4February 2, 2021 8:18 PM

Looks horrid. I’ll watch it.

by Anonymousreply 5February 2, 2021 8:22 PM

Starbra, lol.

by Anonymousreply 6February 2, 2021 9:14 PM

As someone cursed with that regional accent, I’m OFFENDED they exploit my disability!

by Anonymousreply 7February 2, 2021 9:26 PM

OP - worse than Hitler and Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 2, 2021 9:29 PM

I love Kristan Wiig and would watch her read the McDonald's menu.

by Anonymousreply 9February 2, 2021 10:02 PM

upon hearing that old madonna chestnut, Holiday playing over the trailer, I realized I am being pandered to.

by Anonymousreply 10February 2, 2021 11:58 PM

To be reminiscent of the DL, it would have to have far more cuntiness. I detected none of that in this insipid trailer. Besides....Kristin Wiig…hard pass.

by Anonymousreply 11February 3, 2021 12:09 AM

I think we need this movie.

by Anonymousreply 12February 3, 2021 12:09 AM

This looks so fucking bad...and I can't wait to watch it.

It's like the fat, midwestern cousin to Romy and Michelle (if we're lucky!).

by Anonymousreply 13February 3, 2021 12:13 AM

Dataloungers are only interested in skinny legends.

by Anonymousreply 14February 3, 2021 1:08 PM

It also stars Jamie Dornan and his huge dick. I'll go see it.

by Anonymousreply 15February 3, 2021 1:26 PM

^at home on my t.v.

by Anonymousreply 16February 3, 2021 1:26 PM

I liked her cameo on the plane in Bridesmaids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 3, 2021 9:49 PM

Watched this today. It’s quite possibly the worst movie of the year, even though we’re only half way through February.

by Anonymousreply 18February 14, 2021 12:19 AM

Watched it last night, not sure what it's supposed to be....perhaps an ill conceived mash up of Austin Powers and Zoolander?

by Anonymousreply 19February 14, 2021 4:48 PM

Watched it last night. A bunch of gays apparently did as well.

I liked it. I thought it was funny.

However, I also come from a generation that gets the kind of comedy Kristen Wiig does. I always describe it as "charming awkwardness."

by Anonymousreply 20February 14, 2021 4:53 PM

It was funny if you like wacky comedies. Not like Bridesmaids but more like a Zoolander with fraus. I laughed quite a bit. Best when stoned!

by Anonymousreply 21February 14, 2021 5:30 PM

And Jamie Dornan is hot.

by Anonymousreply 22February 14, 2021 5:30 PM

I'll watch just about anything if Jamie Dornan is in it. I think he is truly one of the most handsome men in movies these days.

by Anonymousreply 23February 14, 2021 5:39 PM

It is more like Zoolander and Zoolander 2 than anything else.

It's very sweet, and the best parts are the musical numbers (thrown in just for the hell of it). Weirdly Barb and Star themselves are outshone by Jamie Dornan (who is adorably lost) and Damon Wayans Jr., whose part of a man of mystery who keeps blowing his own cover was one of the funniest parts of the movie for me. Wiig is actually funniest when she's the supervillainess whom Dornan is in love with but who can't fake any reciprocation with him even though she keeps trying. There's also a good ongoing bit with a "talking club" that Star and Barb belong to in their hometown that's run by a control freak played by Vanessa Bayer--and Phyllis Smith is always funny in this bit.

by Anonymousreply 24February 15, 2021 3:31 AM

Chasten approves

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 15, 2021 6:24 PM

It looks really light and silly and I love Kristen Wiig so I reckon I'll like it. Jamie Dornan never really used to do anything for me but for some reason lately he is looking more and more sexy to me.

by Anonymousreply 26February 16, 2021 9:03 AM

Only realized Kristen Wiig also the villain at the end of the movie. And Jamie Dornan should do more comedy.

by Anonymousreply 27February 16, 2021 9:23 AM

[quote]Only realized Kristen Wiig also the villain at the end of the movie.

Are you headless?

by Anonymousreply 28February 16, 2021 11:22 AM

Wig is just a Maga cartoon. Always the same tired joke. Loud dumb voice mixed with pushy dumb behavior. Not funny.

by Anonymousreply 29February 16, 2021 12:34 PM

Lucky Kristen Wiig gets to sleep with Jamie Dornan.

by Anonymousreply 30February 21, 2021 9:10 PM

The more I see of Kristen Wiig, the less I like her.

by Anonymousreply 31February 21, 2021 9:17 PM

I liked it.

by Anonymousreply 32February 21, 2021 9:21 PM

It was not as entertaining or funny as I had hoped. A couple chuckles eight the talking club and the gaysian newspaper delivery boy in the trailer. I agree thst Jamie Dornan shone as a charming and moral villain who wasn’t afraid to look silly as he sang and danced.

by Anonymousreply 33February 21, 2021 9:34 PM

I’m pretty sure Jamie Dornan had a stunt double for most of the dancing. The wig was a dead giveaway.

This was comedy with a capital “C” which means it tried hard but wasn’t very funny.

Funny how when Kristen Wiig writes a script she gets fucked by Jon Hamm and Jamie Dornan. Would never happen in real life.

by Anonymousreply 34March 6, 2021 8:46 PM

[Quote] Funny how when Kristen Wiig writes a script she gets fucked by Jon Hamm and Jamie Dornan. Would never happen in real life.

Neither would Salma Hayek and Adam Sandler. Only in the movies.

by Anonymousreply 35March 7, 2021 1:32 AM

Is it just me or do newer comedies lack a sense of organic conversation? It always strikes me as though the person speaking is improving and having a conversation with themselves, not reliant on the person their speaking to at all, except to give a judgement like "ok, yeah, wow, good for you." Or some other rude fake interaction.

by Anonymousreply 36March 7, 2021 3:06 AM

^ yeah, yeah oh dear spelling errors galore. I'm sick with a covid headache

by Anonymousreply 37March 7, 2021 3:07 AM

This movie was TERRIBLE! There were some laughs in the beginning but it got old. I didn't look great, but I thought it might provide some quirky throwaway enjoyment like last summers "Palm Springs". This was just tedious and way too long. I like Wigg enough and her friend, but this was just shit.

by Anonymousreply 38July 29, 2021 7:21 AM

I love how offended some of you are acting by the frau DLer comparison. I see many similarities. Minus the Jesus worship and the obsessive talk about heir crotch fruit. The underlying saltiness and cuntiness is there, though.

by Anonymousreply 39July 29, 2021 7:31 AM

I’m confused, did they just tag on the start of a completely different Kristen Wiig movie at the beginning?

by Anonymousreply 40August 11, 2021 11:22 PM

Did they film the Spa Hotel scenes in an abandoned mall?

by Anonymousreply 41August 11, 2021 11:34 PM

[quote]This movie was TERRIBLE! There were some laughs in the beginning but it got old. I didn't look great, but I thought it might provide some quirky throwaway enjoyment like last summers "Palm Springs". This was just tedious and way too long. I like Wigg enough and her friend, but this was just shit.

Thank you for saving me some time.

Is there any way to set preferences for your Hulu home screen? It used to show one new release with "keep watching" directly below it, now it has "TV for you" followed by "movies for you" and then finally "keep watching." You'd think Hulu would know me by now but it doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 42August 24, 2021 2:31 AM

Jamie will win yet another RAZZIE "award" for this POS film.

by Anonymousreply 43August 24, 2021 2:40 AM

I have laughed harder at autopsies. I kept waiting for this film to be funny, but it was just pure shyte, like a cloying irritating filler skit on SNL that went on way too long.

by Anonymousreply 44August 24, 2021 3:50 AM

[quote]shyte

🙄

by Anonymousreply 45August 24, 2021 4:13 AM

Homosexual actor Lukas Gage (HBO’s The White Orchid) is obsessed with this program.

by Anonymousreply 46August 24, 2021 4:18 AM

Watching it now and wondering if being high would improve it

by Anonymousreply 47September 1, 2021 4:17 AM

The one funny part was the spirited welcome to the hotel musical number. Most of the movie was dull

by Anonymousreply 48September 1, 2021 11:02 AM

Jamie Dornan seemed grateful to be there, having fun, and threw himself into the role with gusto - which is the same attitude I like to see in my sex partners.

by Anonymousreply 49September 1, 2021 11:09 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 1, 2021 12:42 PM

Where was Margaret Cho?

by Anonymousreply 51October 26, 2021 4:35 AM

hysterical movie, really hope they make a sequel. and Jamie's legs were so hot and on full display in every scene! calves for days

by Anonymousreply 52October 26, 2021 4:45 AM

I thought this movie was great - watched on a plane and laughed out loud a LOT. It's a wonderful film.

And I didn't recognize the co-star from Bridesmaids - that was a cool callback. They must have been planning this film together for years.

More of this please.

by Anonymousreply 53October 26, 2021 5:00 AM

Woof the one who is not Kristen Wiig is a dog

by Anonymousreply 54October 27, 2021 5:08 AM

Kristen Wiig looks like my Mom in this movie. My mom doesn't talk like that and is happily married but they got the look right.

by Anonymousreply 55October 27, 2021 11:05 PM

Somehow this escaped me and came up in my recommended movies on Hulu. It definitely feels like a movie DL would enjoy. Good silly fun.

by Anonymousreply 56January 18, 2022 5:21 PM

It was cute, laugh out loud funny (more so nearer the beginning). I love Kristen & think she’s so talented; she’s great at drama too. She & Bill Hader performed really well in the Skeleton Twins.

by Anonymousreply 57January 18, 2022 6:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!