Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 13, Part 2. Happy Valentines, bitches!

Part 1 is about to be all dried up. Kind of like your vagina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602February 24, 2021 7:40 PM

Fat Vanjie is the most hated queen ever!

by Anonymousreply 1February 2, 2021 2:12 AM

She's pissed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 2, 2021 2:17 AM

R2 is so racist she had to post the same "thug Kandy" meme to the other thread as well as this one.

by Anonymousreply 3February 2, 2021 2:21 AM

Please stop calling her Fat Vanjie. The two are nothing alike and it's an insult to Vanjie.

by Anonymousreply 4February 2, 2021 2:23 AM

She is dominican and loud and fat. Two of the three things Vanjie are.

by Anonymousreply 5February 2, 2021 2:24 AM

Kandy in action.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 2, 2021 2:32 AM

I won't compare her to vanjie anymore but she doesn't seem to an outsized view of herself. She was funny enough in the RuPaulMark channel one. Are her looks making an impact? Idk

by Anonymousreply 7February 2, 2021 2:33 AM

Agree r4. Vangie was entertaining as hell, don't get why people are calling Kandy Fat Vangie. People loved Vangie.

by Anonymousreply 8February 2, 2021 2:35 AM

Kandy has horrible looks. Her ball look was literally backpacks. Her night time look had a hole in it. She talks like she has shit in her mouth. She is rude. And she is ugly.

by Anonymousreply 9February 2, 2021 2:41 AM

I truly cannot believe these queens are getting all the "death threats" they claim to be getting. What even consists of a "death threat"? Is it a disgruntled 12 year old telling a queen to kill themselves? Is it an unhinged person with an actual PLAN? Why are these queens getting so many death threats. Of course, I can understand why Brita would get so many death threats. Her death would be as impactful as 9/11 was on the city of New York, as she's the undisputed Queen of New York.

by Anonymousreply 10February 2, 2021 2:42 AM

Still waiting for Kandy's Mom death threats receipts.

by Anonymousreply 11February 2, 2021 2:43 AM

[quote]I truly cannot believe these queens are getting all the "death threats" they claim to be getting.

I don't always know what's true versus trying to get clicks, but I've seen the reaction some of these "fans" have on social media and Reddit and nothing would shock me.

by Anonymousreply 12February 2, 2021 2:46 AM

R11 Receipts indeed. Otherwise get fucked Not Vanjie and Fat.

by Anonymousreply 13February 2, 2021 3:28 AM

R5 Vanjie is Puerto Rican, not Dominican like Kandy.

by Anonymousreply 14February 2, 2021 3:31 AM

I think they get the “death” threats they say they’re getting. I doubt any are serious and all bare from basement dwellers and teen girls doing it.

It’s probably stuff like: you shouldn’t have won! You’re ugly and I hope you die.

It’s worse when the queen isnt white young skinny and rich.

It’s funny how the fanbase is getting nastier and sicker while demanding the queens to now be politically correct all the time.

Back when the queens were mean, the fans were nicer.

by Anonymousreply 15February 2, 2021 3:47 AM

R15 Were the fans nicer? Didn't they basically drive Tyra insane because they thought Raven should have won?

by Anonymousreply 16February 2, 2021 3:49 AM

[Quote] Back when the queens were mean, the fans were nicer.

Because the "fans" where their target. Making fun of a crowd was one of the best parts of a comedy drag show. Ask Bianca.

by Anonymousreply 17February 2, 2021 3:52 AM

To be fair, R16, Tyra went off the deep end only a few years ago. Season 2 was in 2010, and the infamous DragCon incident was in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 18February 2, 2021 3:54 AM

If I was a Ru girl or whatever, I would vocally.defend people who anonymously make death threats to Kandy Muse and her mother on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 19February 2, 2021 4:04 AM

R15 It is worse when the Queen is not funny. Or talented. And dresses like an open sewer.

by Anonymousreply 20February 2, 2021 4:10 AM

Kandy has a face for radio and a voice for closed captioning.

by Anonymousreply 21February 2, 2021 4:19 AM

This show has gotten so boring over the years. At least Kandy Muse offers some drama. This past weeks Untucked was the best entertainment the show has seen in years! I'm glad she's a fat, arrogant, bitch on my tv. It's like looking in a mirror. No wonder you caftan cunts hate her.

by Anonymousreply 22February 2, 2021 5:27 AM

R16 If fans telling you that you shouldn’t have won a show sends you off the deep end then your pool is pretty shallow to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 23February 2, 2021 9:19 AM

I kind of hope Kandy Moose stays till the end. Her humiliation won't be complete until she "almost" wins and instead gets squashed by someone she hates.

And you know she hates anyone prettier than she is.....and anyone who does better makeup......and anyone who has better drag. And that includes everyone on the show - even the queens that have already been eliminated.

Watching her sashay away on her broken heels is something I look forward to. I can wait.

by Anonymousreply 24February 2, 2021 2:31 PM

Get some help R24. You're clearly insane. Kandy Muse is a minor character on a niche reality show. Your obsessive hate is why some people DO make death threats to total strangers on the internet. You're clearly unhinged.

Take a break from your endlessly repetitive posts. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 25February 2, 2021 4:40 PM

R22

It was only good because of Tamisha. The other queens are too scared to challenge Kandy. And it’s not fun to watch Kandy bully Elliott every week.

by Anonymousreply 26February 2, 2021 4:47 PM

[quote]To be fair, [R16], Tyra went off the deep end only a few years ago. Season 2 was in 2010, and the infamous DragCon incident was in 2018.

True, but Tyra got tons of hate on social media right out of the gate from people who thought Raven was robbed. It was building for a while. I don't think she does drag anymore.

by Anonymousreply 27February 2, 2021 4:49 PM

Tyra got tons of hate after Season 2. Phi Phi in Season 4 got tons of hate. Roxxy in Season 5 got tons of hate.

It's not new.

by Anonymousreply 28February 2, 2021 4:52 PM

[Quote] Tyra got tons of hate after Season 2. Phi Phi in Season 4 got tons of hate. Roxxy in Season 5 got tons of hate.

Rightly so. They're all bully assholes!

by Anonymousreply 29February 2, 2021 5:08 PM

[Quote] Tyra got tons of hate on social media right out of the gate from people who thought Raven was robbed.

They're both cunts. Juju should have won.

by Anonymousreply 30February 2, 2021 5:09 PM

JuJu didn't win a single challenge. As good a Drag Queen and personality as he is - JuJu had no right to the crown. He proved that once again on All Stars.

by Anonymousreply 31February 2, 2021 5:13 PM

[quote]It’s probably stuff like: you shouldn’t have won! You’re ugly and I hope you die.

I never realized that someone saying they "hope" someone dies could construed as a DEATH THREAT? Sounds more like a wish than a threat!

by Anonymousreply 32February 2, 2021 6:33 PM

I hope Kandy realizes how much her odious personality is to blame for all the negativity toward her. It ain't no one else's fault, dumb bitch.

by Anonymousreply 33February 2, 2021 7:26 PM

"My boyfriend-to-be".... "you sent my man home"... "I for sure will sleep with the bitch..." yeah f'n right. What's next, NativeNYer getting with DL fave Dylan G?

Man, R529 in thread one was right - Kandy, Mik and Tina do have an unholy alliance going on.

'I said what I said' needs to be on a T-shirt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 3, 2021 6:13 PM

What happened at Drag Con, r18?

by Anonymousreply 35February 3, 2021 7:33 PM

God damn, Kandy is all the producers care about at the new link at r34. RIP RPDR.

by Anonymousreply 36February 3, 2021 7:37 PM

R35 She kinda threatened to bomb it, I think.

by Anonymousreply 37February 3, 2021 7:43 PM

Kandy: "All the girls are rooting for me." Did she REALLY say that at R34 or did I mishear? Wondering when Snatch Game is going to pop up and who the queens might do. Can't imagine Kandy being able to do any good impersonations, either looks or vice wise. Does anyone if any of the queens do impersonations in their stage acts?

by Anonymousreply 38February 3, 2021 8:20 PM

Kandy is annoying, but none of these girls should be getting threats of any kind. Their families certainly shouldn’t. That and the racism disgust me.

by Anonymousreply 39February 3, 2021 8:26 PM

Kandy is so bland and inoffensive I can't imagine being bothered enough to either like or hate her.

by Anonymousreply 40February 3, 2021 8:39 PM

I don't believe Kandy and these "threats." Proof! Where is it?

by Anonymousreply 41February 3, 2021 8:56 PM

Kandy Moose didn't finish her sentence.....it should have read: "All of the girls are rooting for me.....to leave."

by Anonymousreply 42February 3, 2021 10:25 PM

We all love Kandy. The fanbase is obsessed with her. She's beautiful and strong and outspoken and represents for the big girls AND the Dominican queer community. Unfortunately she's unlikely to win. Big girls with big mouths and personalities are exploited on Drag Race for ratings and clicks, then eliminated in the top 3 or 4. Kandy's essential sweetness shines through her at times unflattering edit. She reminds me of a young Charo. Kandy is sexy, but also zany. ❤️

by Anonymousreply 43February 3, 2021 10:53 PM

R43 hi Kandy’s mom. Big personality is often just code for asshole.

by Anonymousreply 44February 4, 2021 6:28 AM

R43 lol

by Anonymousreply 45February 4, 2021 8:07 AM

I don't hate Kandy and think anyone sending death threats is a major cunt, but she's clearly the weakest out of the current cast by a long shot and I can't understand why the judges seem to be fans of her. When your cunty attitude eclipses your talent by several magnitudes you are not entertaining television, you're just annoying and taking up screentime from other queens I would rather see.

by Anonymousreply 46February 4, 2021 10:06 AM

The juxtaposition of Lala's heartfelt and true feelings about BLM and how it is effecting her and the community and Kandy's fat lip service to the same events exposed her as the ugly and stupid person she truly is.

What Kandy should have said was: "If it wasn't for BLM and the riots, I wouldn't have my nice new TV."

by Anonymousreply 47February 4, 2021 2:35 PM

...or maybe that should be "affecting" - I should have listened in class instead of eating a meatball sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 48February 4, 2021 2:36 PM

Watching the latest sneak peak of the next episode on IG and clearly Kandy is a person who has never heard the word NO in her life. She reeks of a spoiled brat.

by Anonymousreply 49February 4, 2021 4:07 PM

* Sneak Peek

by Anonymousreply 50February 4, 2021 4:24 PM

Please.. Kandy grew up dirt poor. She's used to being told "no" all her life.

by Anonymousreply 51February 4, 2021 4:27 PM

[Quote] Please.. Kandy grew up dirt poor. She's used to being told "no" all her life.

Bullshit. There are many who grew up poor and never heard the word no. It has nothing to do with "no you can't have that" but parents who never said "no you can't behave that way." Kandy is one of them.

by Anonymousreply 52February 4, 2021 4:34 PM

^^Agreed, R52. I don't know what Kandy's deal is personally. But as to the point of being told no, it has nothing to do with money. Sure, you get those spoilt brats who get everything and grow up without having worked a day in their life and that's a different kind of spoiled. There are plenty of ways to indulge a kid and one is by not creating firm boundaries and letting them run amok. I've seen it many a time, for example the kid who regularly hurts other children (and I mean throwing metal objects at kids faces) and the parents laugh or say "aww, my poor X" when they told about it. That kid learns it's okay to do that because they won't get admonished for it. What happens to them when they get older?

by Anonymousreply 53February 4, 2021 5:08 PM

Do people of color know that white people also criticize other white people? Or do they only think we’re mean to them?

by Anonymousreply 54February 4, 2021 7:56 PM

R11, the receipts are probably one anonymous internet person writing “Fuck you and your mom” and the victim-obsessed fandom ran with it.

by Anonymousreply 55February 4, 2021 8:59 PM

First some person would have to admit to having giving birth to it - so I doubt the threats happened.

by Anonymousreply 56February 4, 2021 9:39 PM

Without Kandy, the rest of the girls would be telling each other how beautiful they all are while synchronizing their periods.

With Kandy, DL has something to talk about.

by Anonymousreply 57February 5, 2021 12:37 AM

Kandy is not poor. She glues money to her head for high fashion. You all look down on her for her accent and being 25 lbs overweight? So was Vangie. That's why she went home on the FIRST episode! She looked like a tank covered in flowers. Vangie had no real talent - just some cute loud charm. Ms. Muse has that AND so much more. Kandy has a sexy shape and knows how to dress for it. Her comedic talents are evident, but so far she shines most in fashion and beauty. I think we will really see her soar during tomorrow's music and dancing main challenge. I predict that she'll win. Kandy is a hot firecracker ready to POP!! She reminds me of a young JLo.

by Anonymousreply 58February 5, 2021 1:58 AM

r58,

Sure

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59February 5, 2021 2:03 AM

[quote]Without Kandy, the rest of the girls would be telling each other how beautiful they all are [bold]while synchronizing their periods[/bold].

I'm triggered.

by Anonymousreply 60February 5, 2021 2:07 AM

Are fatties allowed to just claim 25 pounds overweight now? I am so excited! I am also *25 pounds overweight *

by Anonymousreply 61February 5, 2021 2:09 AM

[quote]You all look down on her for her accent and being 25 lbs overweight?

You flipped the numbers... 52.

by Anonymousreply 62February 5, 2021 2:42 AM

Proof of how shitty this season is. Most of the comments are about one boring queen out of a pack of boring queens, and mostly because of these "death threats" that I'm doubtful about. This is easily one of, if not *the* dullest, most unmemorable season so far.

by Anonymousreply 63February 5, 2021 3:13 AM

[R38] I know, Charles Nelson Riley screams Snatch Game, I wonder if they'll do Password or something with pairs for the impersonation challenge, although it seems early in the season for it.

by Anonymousreply 64February 5, 2021 3:22 AM

r10: It's Marjorie Traylor Greene and her cohort, of course.

by Anonymousreply 65February 5, 2021 3:26 AM

I just started watching Drag Race UK and it's so much like the earlier, better seasons of RPDR.

by Anonymousreply 66February 5, 2021 3:41 AM

Watch Drag Race U.K. R63. It's delightful. And on concurrently. I agree that season 13 is a dull line up of basic talents and personalities. It's not about to get better either. Some OK runways will come our way, but this is not a stand out group. Not ONE of them. The Kandy obsession/hate comes from the self appointed "moderator" of these threads. He's a nutty fat old white man going on about the pushy people of color, every season. He likes NO one black except Chi Chi, Bob and sometimes Symone. He's in love with Vangie, cuz he finds that dude cute. And white. Ha.

That said, Season 12 and Season 10 really were great. I don't understand all the misty memories for Season 4 or 6 for instance. Sharon and Bianca were good winners and contestants, but neither did anything unexpected or outstanding once we saw who they were. As in, after 3 episodes. Sharon is particularly dumb. She had a different look, at the time. For the show. It's been done much better many times since. Alaska was far more punk rock in real life. Season 6 is when Untucked started feeling ridiculously staged. Some good and attractive personalities on that season - though they mostly performed poorly. People forget. Adore, Laganga, Joslyn Fox, Darienne Lake, Vivacious and Courtney Act??? Come on. They were reality TV personalities, with little talent. Bendela is highly overrated. Weird dude in all those showgirl costumes and the scary fake persona. Not a bad impersonator. He went home in 5th place, where he belonged. Like Trixie, it took two tries to get rid of him. He was great on All Stars 3, with no competition but Shangela. Who was robbed.

To me, Seasons 2, 3, 5, 7, 10 and 12 are the best. Season 12 is as good as ANY other season of Drag Race IMO. All Stars 2 and 4 were also really good TV. The ladytestants were competing in top form.

How old are the posters here? Charles Nelson Reilly??? who the fuck should know him. I know my references but I've never heard of him. I had to google and still can't see no way to get there. It's like that Paul Lynde impersonation. Who cares? RuPaul is OLD. That's what fucks up the Drag Race show. Ru, Ross, Carson and (to a lesser extent) Visage. They've seen lots of drag and have all their puns and references, but they're way too old. So the producers end up picking undeserving winners.

Canada and U.K. Drag Race proved what a winning format and showcase the show still can be. Full or raw talent and true surprises. RPDR judging panel needs permanent changes. Keep Michele and Ru, get some human people with flavor and good looks in the other two chairs. Start with that.

Before anyone objects.....Season 7 IS the bomb. Slow start, but some of the best challenges and performers and attractive weirdos E V E R.

by Anonymousreply 67February 5, 2021 3:44 AM

I don't understand why the season 2 UK thread gets next to no attention when it is such a fun show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68February 5, 2021 3:51 AM

R67 Season 7 was good....Oh fuck off Violet you dreary cunt.

by Anonymousreply 69February 5, 2021 6:26 AM

Where are you watching season 2 of UK, r69? I have no interest in subscribing to WoW for a bunch of YouTube videos and UK2.

Kandy is the Eric Cartman of season 13, without good writing. Her biggest laugh out of Ru is when she didn't understand the words that were being used. That's why she got mad for being called arrogant, she doesn't understand the meaning of the word. Queens in earlier seasons would have owned it and loved it. She couldn't define the word. She is the perfect reality show contestant, a bully who is always a victim.

Symone is getting the winners edit. In past seasons a queen would have been read for not matching the vertical stripes on the seam. GottMik is getting a good edit, too. I still don't understand how that outfit she designed was so well-liked. It was a series of foul flags pinned to straps. She won for an outfit she purchased in a design challenge. Based on the edit I assume the competition is between these two. Also, until Priyanka in Canada all winners have either the Ball challenge or Snatch Game. Tina Burner seems to be getting the 'Graham Norton Agreed to Scale for UK to get you on this season' pass. I am over The Happy Meal realness.

Drag Race is the only reality show where the contestants have to spend thousands of dollars before arriving just to compete. No other competition show does this. It used to be more even by hving more design challenges, but its all 'look' queens with design and styling teams putting their looks together before they get there.

by Anonymousreply 70February 5, 2021 6:38 AM

r68, where are you watching drag race uk season 2?

by Anonymousreply 71February 5, 2021 10:35 AM

Kandy is the most annoying contestant that has ever been on the show. Discuss.

by Anonymousreply 72February 5, 2021 12:44 PM

Where are people in the US watching UK version? I’m not paying for another streaming service.

by Anonymousreply 73February 5, 2021 12:50 PM

WoW. It's only $4 a month. Less than your daily BigMac. Or torrent it like a plebe.

by Anonymousreply 74February 5, 2021 12:53 PM

[quote]Drag Race is the only reality show where the contestants have to spend thousands of dollars before arriving just to compete.

Which is why I think they should do a season where wardrobe, makeup, and wigs should all be provided by the production and the queens should be required to use what they're given and adapt that to their own styles. Some of these queens are living in 5 floor walk up studio apartments and are jacking their credit up by taking out loans, and then you have queens who have wealthy parents or other types of "benefactors" giving them top name designer looks.

by Anonymousreply 75February 5, 2021 1:00 PM

Jaida won last season and almost all of her outfits she made herself. If you are a talented seamstress you don't need to rely on expensive designer outfits. But yes, a lot of queens do. The money queens spend getting ready for drag race has really ballooned.

by Anonymousreply 76February 5, 2021 1:26 PM

So people don't like Kandy because she's not white? Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 77February 5, 2021 1:38 PM

R58 said:

[quote] Kandy is not poor. She glues money to her head for high fashion. You all look down on her for her accent and being 25 lbs overweight? So was Vangie. That's why she went home on the FIRST episode! She looked like a tank covered in flowers. Vangie had no real talent - just some cute loud charm. Ms. Muse has that AND so much more. Kandy has a sexy shape and knows how to dress for it. Her comedic talents are evident, but so far she shines most in fashion and beauty. I think we will really see her soar during tomorrow's music and dancing main challenge. I predict that she'll win. Kandy is a hot firecracker ready to POP!! She reminds me of a young JLo.

I don't look down on her and her accent and her weight are entirely irrelevant to me. Kandy doesn't have any charm that I've seen so far, her outfits are basic, poorly designed and show absolutely no individuality, her make-up is terrible, and I don't find her remotely funny.

I can only assume you comparing her to J-Lo is an attempt at humour?

by Anonymousreply 78February 5, 2021 2:09 PM

Is tonight the night that we get to see the real Kandy Moose and we all begin to love her for her talent and beauty?

Oh....no....sorry.....that's Never Night.

by Anonymousreply 79February 5, 2021 2:28 PM

Kandy Muse is America’s sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 80February 5, 2021 2:45 PM

Hi, Kandy! Thanks for stopping by!

by Anonymousreply 81February 5, 2021 2:49 PM

Kandy Muse invented the COVID vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 82February 5, 2021 2:55 PM

She should have maybe been working on an ugly vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 83February 5, 2021 3:28 PM

Kandy Moose! R79 she’s Kandy Moose for me now.

by Anonymousreply 84February 5, 2021 4:07 PM

Let me tall you about Kandy Muse...

by Anonymousreply 85February 5, 2021 8:51 PM

I just realized what Kandy looks like......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86February 5, 2021 9:23 PM

Seems like they protected Gottmik, she was bad in that challenge. And I am not some hater, thought she deserved to win last week.

by Anonymousreply 87February 6, 2021 1:21 AM

Not a great ep. All the routines in the disco challenge seemed very short and unexciting. And little black dress isn't most exciting runway theme.

And neither one of them actually had the words down for that lipsync.

by Anonymousreply 88February 6, 2021 1:37 AM

Yeah, the challenge sucked. I couldn't tell who did a good job or who did a good job.

Not gonna comment on Gottmik's runway. What else is there to say, really?

by Anonymousreply 89February 6, 2021 2:39 AM

This is bullshit! K lost the LS.

by Anonymousreply 90February 6, 2021 2:41 AM

The producers are pushing the asshole club along this season. Sucks!

by Anonymousreply 91February 6, 2021 2:43 AM

The season is fucked up because the producers went with the LS for the first episode. And it's assholes like Mik, Tina and fat ass can't get past it. They do think they're better. Fat ass and Tina's careers are over. They will not have a fanbase after this show. Thankfully.

by Anonymousreply 92February 6, 2021 2:58 AM

Um, Tamisha did this show with a fucking colostomy bag and her legs weren’t working? Jesus Christ wtf. That was a HORRIBLE elimination and I may be turned off to the show completely this season.

by Anonymousreply 93February 6, 2021 3:04 AM

Tanisha was never going to go all the way in this competition. But she got to share her story and generate a fanbase. That's what's important.

by Anonymousreply 94February 6, 2021 3:06 AM

r93 - they didn't know but they said it "do we judge her the same as every other contestant?" it is only fair.

by Anonymousreply 95February 6, 2021 3:07 AM

But Kandy Mooch needed to go, Tamisha with a ostomy bag and bad legs was a better performer.

by Anonymousreply 96February 6, 2021 3:08 AM

R86 I believe you meant this looks like Kandy Moose

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97February 6, 2021 3:10 AM

Gottmik did a second runway where she is mostly naked. Aside from no breasts, she has a Nice , slim woman’s body. What is her achievement? She looks fishy because she’s a woman. . I don’t hate her and she is creative but I’m confused.

by Anonymousreply 98February 6, 2021 3:12 AM

At least Tamisha didn't tearfully bring up the ostomy bag to the judges on the runway in a last ditch effort for sympathy. I respect that.

A bit shocked that they put Kandy in the bottom so soon!

Carson was right - Olivia Lux does have a positivity and a joy radiating around her, and it's clear it is genuine. Well deserved win.

by Anonymousreply 99February 6, 2021 3:15 AM

Mik is not that creative. C'mon. She's good but the producers are keeping her for other reasons.

by Anonymousreply 100February 6, 2021 3:16 AM

Yeah, that doesn’t cut it for me R95. And now we know why WOW went so hard last week against the fans. A very dumb freshmen year PR mistake, btw. They knew what was going to happen this week, that Kandy would be solidified as one of the biggest cunts this show has ever seen. It will be a VERY bad look for this show if Kandy is anywhere near the top.

You’d better hope she’s eliminated soon Ru.

by Anonymousreply 101February 6, 2021 3:23 AM

I rewatched the 3 assholes RUtine in the disco challenge. Tina knows how to dance. Shocking how good she did.

The other two REALLY FUCKING SUCKED! Fat ass didn't know half the steps and that other cunt was totally lost.

by Anonymousreply 102February 6, 2021 3:28 AM

And Kandy was STILL delusional AGAIN about being in the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 103February 6, 2021 3:33 AM

The Moose is so unlikeable....and is an ugly crier.

I think Lux, Simone and Elliott are the ones to watch.

by Anonymousreply 104February 6, 2021 3:34 AM

R98 Her body doesn't look "fishy," she looks like a pre-pubescent boy on the runway. The bitch needs to pad, but I'm sure it would trigger her ~dysmorphia~ so... this is what we have to live with.

by Anonymousreply 105February 6, 2021 3:34 AM

Everyone is simply jealous of Kandy's lewks, the other queens and haters alike!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106February 6, 2021 3:55 AM

When is Michelle going to call out Tina Burner for ripping off McDonalds' color scheme? She called out Dusty Ray Bottoms' makeup dots on what... the first runway? Yet no one's saying anything on this Ronald McDonald bitch? Hmm, okay.

by Anonymousreply 107February 6, 2021 4:16 AM

on = about

oops!

by Anonymousreply 108February 6, 2021 4:17 AM

Kandy has terrible looks. They're keeping her for the drama. Tamisha lived every word of that lip sync.

by Anonymousreply 109February 6, 2021 4:33 AM

It’s hard to watch this episodes of this season after watching episodes of Drag Race UK the night before. UK is a truly excellent season so far, where literally anyone can win.

by Anonymousreply 110February 6, 2021 4:36 AM

Wow, they really are not judging Gottmik on the same level as the other girls. Her dancing was really bad and she didn't know half of the steps. She should have been lip-synching.

by Anonymousreply 111February 6, 2021 4:39 AM

For a disco themed episode, it was really kind of flaccid and depressing. I LOVE disco and the disco era, but the cheesy original song they used for most of the musical number was kind of a mess and a chore to sit through. I'm bummed that Tamisha had to go home losing a lip sync to Kandy of all people. Kandy was bad, but I'm not sure she was the worst this week. They were obviously capitalizing on their feud by pitting them against one another and I suspect also to give Kandy a wake-up call that she's not as safe and stellar as she thinks she is. Olivia Lux is delightful and I'm so glad she won, but her LBD look was kind of meh. Symone could have won for her runway look alone.

by Anonymousreply 112February 6, 2021 4:50 AM

Ugh, I hate that Tamisha went home.

She was really likable.

Kandy is a horrible person. Or at least she come across as a horrible person.

None of those black dress looks were great.

by Anonymousreply 113February 6, 2021 5:48 AM

Mean girls? Deluded and rather untalented twats.

by Anonymousreply 114February 6, 2021 6:16 AM

Gottmik was equally as bad as Kandy but of course, she cannot be put in the bottom 3 or it will be LITERAL VIOLENCE.

I'm watched DR-UK using torrents - same as I do for RPDR.

by Anonymousreply 115February 6, 2021 6:51 AM

I fucking loved Mik's little black dress look. She really goes for the gonzo/exaggerated stuff and it works.

Tonight's elimination was a crime.

by Anonymousreply 116February 6, 2021 7:20 AM

She had a boy chest. Why did Michelle not call her out?

by Anonymousreply 117February 6, 2021 7:59 AM

Sorry if this has been said (and I have no issue with Gottmik being trans. So far, I quite like him.), but if she has nothing to tuck, well, doesn't it make her naked outfit a little unfair? No man with junk, tucked or not, could have worn that. Isn't half the fun or "magic trick" aspect of drag is to wonder just how a man can wear some of the outfits while having to do SOMETHING with their cock and balls?

by Anonymousreply 118February 6, 2021 9:59 AM

Tamisha’s storyline actually sort of depressed me - and I normally fast forward through the trauma porn of the show. Here is a true drag QUEEN who, after years in the industry, is able to show her talent to the world, only for her to have cancer and a freaking colostomy bag! How painful that she wasn’t able to show what she was made of and I do hope they allow her to come back on another season (not an All Stars) once she has more time to heal.

Also really puts Gotmilk into perspective. Here is someone who unlike Tamisha, hides behind excuses. Won’t to X Y and Z because its triggering. She had all the connections she needed in the drag world. Comes from money. And only got into drag (and became a man) so she could be on drag race. It is easy to wear skimpy, fashionable clothes when you have a female form, went to an elite art school, and have rich friends.

by Anonymousreply 119February 6, 2021 11:22 AM

Why did no one call out Tina's make up on the runway. It was TERRRIBLE. The nylon red wig, no contour, She looked like the first day of drag bad.

by Anonymousreply 120February 6, 2021 1:59 PM

Kandy Moose's excuse for her bad behavior - my mom was in jail and that isn't really me, etc - was as fake and useless as she is.

Her disco outfit was NOT good and her runway - a dress painted on a bag? - was also terrible.

But Utica??? Please the makeup was horrendous. Her constant mugging and contortions really detract from her outfits. Does she have any other talent? It's hard to tell underneath all that "Look at me - I'm Carol Burnett/Lucille Ball" which of course she doesn't even come close to being.....

I wouldn't miss her if she left - you know exactly what she's going to do in every challenge - only the ugly costume and makeup change a little - the tricks remain the same.

by Anonymousreply 121February 6, 2021 2:08 PM

Tamisha was beautiful in drag and all around nice, Candy on the other hand is the cancer in the show. There is nothing pleasant about her, sh eis nasty to the core and he g/f TtB is just as bad.

by Anonymousreply 122February 6, 2021 2:24 PM

r121 - also did Aja - her former House Mother do a very similar look on all stars?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123February 6, 2021 2:28 PM

Mik- still working that unfair advantage of not having a dick- she can go pee any old time she wants, without any de-taping/re-taping. I forget whom it was on DRUK, but someone wore a very skimpy bottom, and you could see all the tape in the back and got called out for it. It's a very common ploy for reality shows to supply very little food and a lot of alcohol, so people will get messy. Because the queens are all taped up, they're not going to be drinking a lot of hydrating liquids.

I really respect Tamisha and love that no-bullshit attitude. They should add her as the House Mother Mentor to the contestants, but I guess that would be impinging on Ru's "Mother" role.

Candy brings nothing to drag- it certainly is not the "New Face". Perhaps they edited all the charm that the other contestants are claiming. She would be a great Khloe Kardashian for Snatch Game though.

You can tell Ru and Michelle really loves the UK contestants, and they look like they're actually enjoying themselves.

by Anonymousreply 124February 6, 2021 3:16 PM

Am I allowed to say Gottmik has fairly obvious female form and curves? She definitely throws a wrench in drag queen jokes. The show is respectful: any comments about female bodies Gottmik is nowhere in the shot. She trying pretty hard to snap it up with the other girls. Not a huge fan of the open mouthed drag face she gives.

That's all my Gottmik talk. Surprised there's not a dedicated thread.

by Anonymousreply 125February 6, 2021 3:25 PM

Was a bad episode overall with Tamisha being in the bottom two and eventually being sent home topping (bottoming?) it off. Kandy was bad in the disco number - you could see her choreography was off as was her costume - and her runway look was horrible in design and presentation. It actually took me a few moments of rewinding to understand the dark streaks on her face and collar were intentional, meant to mimic the design on the "dress". Her lip sync was just as bad. As for the other queens, I've had enough of Tina, Gottmik and Utica. If they're not repeating their styles week after week (Tina will come out in yellow and red, Gottmik will be half-naked to show off their new boy body, Utica will be "wacky" although not in a funny and/or charming way), they're out of their element. And surprisingly, none of them are hardly called out on it, except Utica who has been told to stop acting up on the runway but apparently doesn't know how NOT to. The only saving points were the majority of the other queens who performed adequately in the disco challenge or who had good looks, but nothing very over the top. (Only other high point was watching and hoping Denali and Rosé might make out.)

by Anonymousreply 126February 6, 2021 3:59 PM

They need to edit Candy out of the program just like they did with the queen last season

by Anonymousreply 127February 6, 2021 4:17 PM

Gottmik is good. She's here to play and have fun, she wants us to know she has a sense of humor about herself. I'm just thinking about this because drag allows for gender being a joke or in the context of the show, a game [sic]. A lot of trans people don't seem to feel that way. At least on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 128February 6, 2021 4:28 PM

RDR is essentially a game show, and it’s rigged as badly as Twenty-One in the 1950s.

I would bet my dog’s life that they’re shooting these out of order. The ones with Loni Love shot in one day. The ones with Nicole Byers on another day. That means the queens know the exact order of their finish, and they are actually shooting shows where already removed queens are “competing”.

One last comment. I don’t care how young these queens are, they ought to know who Donna Summer and Diana Ross are...and know that they’re not dead. Even the old bitches, Tina and Tamisha didn’t know who Charles Nelson Reilly was.

by Anonymousreply 129February 6, 2021 4:29 PM

R128 Where do you get the impression that Gottmik has a sense of humor about anything? What scenes have I missed.

"TaMiShA lEaVe HeR aLoNE!!!!!111111!"

by Anonymousreply 130February 6, 2021 4:30 PM

I get the impression GottMik was raised in a wealthy family and has never had to work in her life. That’s the case with a lot of the younger contestants in recent years. They’re more rich “club kids” than real drag queens.

by Anonymousreply 131February 6, 2021 4:34 PM

[Quote]I don’t care how young these queens are, they ought to know who Donna Summer and Diana Ross are...and know that they’re not dead

I hate to break it to you r129, but Donna Summer is dead to me. And to everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 132February 6, 2021 4:39 PM

R133...Aaaaand my dementia is officially settling in. How in the hell do I not remember that??????

by Anonymousreply 133February 6, 2021 4:41 PM

Are we allowed to ask what Mik is into? Is he a gay transman or a straight transman? I know you're not supposed to ask about bottom surgery. I'm trying to get the rules right, to be respectful, but I am curious if he's gay or not.

by Anonymousreply 134February 6, 2021 4:41 PM

Gottmik seems playful, 'yas queen' enough in the interviews. No?

by Anonymousreply 135February 6, 2021 4:49 PM

R124 If we're going to discuss unfair advantages (tucking vs. not having a dick to tuck), doesn't it also call into question contestants with plastic surgery. Seriously. Someone line Trinity "the Tuck" who has numerous procedures to make the "illusion" more permanent with face fillers, fat injections, etc. She's just one of many queens who have had these procedures. Versus queens who use couch cushions to pad and overfill their natural lips to create the "illusion."

I think the first few seasons of the show were enjoyable because it seemed that the queens were on a much more level playing field. Sure, you had Shannel with her expensive "costumes" and Chad Michaels transforming into Cher 2.0, but it just felt more "fair." Not that it was more fair, it just FELT more fair as a viewer.

by Anonymousreply 136February 6, 2021 4:50 PM

No. Gottmik trotting out tired gay “boi” slang is not playful.

by Anonymousreply 137February 6, 2021 4:51 PM

Mik sucks! She brings zero to drag. Plus, she is a mean girl and she's a rich kid and has had everything handed to her in life! Fuck her!

by Anonymousreply 138February 6, 2021 4:58 PM

The fact the "mean girls" call themselves the "mean girls" is telling. Hate all of them. I hope their careers are done after this season. They deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 139February 6, 2021 5:30 PM

r137, I don't know how to answer that...I worked with Detox pre-RPDS, and she already had pec & butt implants and silicone implants or injections in the soles of her feet so she could wear heels for longer periods of time. I have worked with other drag queens with plastic surgery to enhance the "Illusion", but my take of it was it was just to facilitate the preparation and removal time, as this was their full-time job, and it was never for RPDS exclusively.

I also did a commercial for a prep-type drug (that particular ad was haunted by deaths, and was never aired) with a Southern transexual queen- she had confided to me that she got all her surgery just for performance, and it was easier to live as a women, than a man, because the way she looked. However, she really didn't want to be a woman. Sadly she died from complications of a butt implant procedure about 6 months after filming. The first death was one of the guys committing suicide 3 months after filming- that was tragic, because he had just gotten married right before we filmed the spot, and he and his husband seemed so happy.

by Anonymousreply 140February 6, 2021 5:32 PM

Eurgh Kunty Moose. No bueno.

by Anonymousreply 141February 6, 2021 6:31 PM

R140 Well, I just think the answer is that a lot of the queens are coming into the competition with unfair advantages. Not just Gottmik because she has no dick. If anything, it's not Gottmik's genitalia that's giving her an unfair advantage, it's the fact that she's coming from significant amounts of money with an expensive designer wardrobe. Unlike Tamisha (for example) who made all of her outfits. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Gottmik!!!

by Anonymousreply 142February 6, 2021 6:38 PM

It's not just that she has no dick, it's also the fact that she has a clearly female body, even without her breast and T shots she still looks very female. It's more obvious when she's standing next to the other queens. Trinity/Detox and other queens who have had excessive cosmetic plastic surgery done to their face and body still look like men, but just freaky looking men. Even with all that surgery, fillers and botox none of them look like they are any closer to fulfilling the "illusion" than any other queen.

by Anonymousreply 143February 6, 2021 6:56 PM

R143 Pumping yourself full of silicone is still an unfair advantage, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 144February 6, 2021 7:01 PM

R144, How so? Silicone queens don't look anymore "fishy" or feminine to me than any other queen who hasn't had any work done. With all that plastic surgery they seem to ruin the illusion more than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 145February 6, 2021 7:09 PM

I agree about Gottmik's advantage being more about money, it's the same with more & more queens each year. I think the other problem with that is we don't see any "work" getting done on these looks; everything's premade & done outside the production. The workroom barely gets used for physical labor aside from putting makeup on & the occasional dreadful mini-challenge. Now half the episodes are spent showing rehearsals & prep for another shitty group performance. The disco number was not worth it. I'd rather see queens creating their looks in the workroom, which they used to show a lot more.

by Anonymousreply 146February 6, 2021 8:09 PM

All I can say is Tamisha better win Miss Congeniality!

by Anonymousreply 147February 6, 2021 9:10 PM

^ That will probably be Olivia. We can already see the writing on the wall that Symone, Gottmik and Kandy will be your final 3.

by Anonymousreply 148February 6, 2021 9:23 PM

I like Tamisha but she had no memorable looks and if we didn't know she had cancer or the ostomy bag we'd all agree she was just kinda meh.

by Anonymousreply 149February 6, 2021 9:58 PM

[quote]We can already see the writing on the wall that Symone, Gottmik and Kandy will be your final 3.

The thought of Olivia (who I agree is a shoo-in for Miss C this year) sashaying away before two of those three... yikes.

But I still kind of want to see Gottmik win, just for the reaction. WoW will be very busy lecturing us on how we should accept it.

by Anonymousreply 150February 6, 2021 11:20 PM

Gottmik winning would be the death of the show.

by Anonymousreply 151February 6, 2021 11:35 PM

Tamisha is one of the most likable contestants in recent memory. I don't mean nicest, I mean likable. Like a more together Latrice

by Anonymousreply 152February 6, 2021 11:54 PM

Kandy Muse encompasses everything I hate about drag queens. Why is she even on the show?????

by Anonymousreply 153February 7, 2021 12:02 AM

Sorry for not being woke enough, but Gottmik should not be competing in Drag Race...for obvious reasons.

by Anonymousreply 154February 7, 2021 12:02 AM

R153, it's on because the production team knows that a fat unlikeable pig always draws attention and stirs chatter, as in Eureka O'Hara and Sulky Nutmeg Gash. It's a ploy. And Muse is in the final four, just like the other two mentioned, I'm sure. Horrible.

I agree Gottmik shouldn't be on the show. Parading your tit-cut scars doesn't make you a drag queen. Everything about him is female-expressing, and he's enough of a cause célèbre with plenty of money and support behind him that he's torquing the season. Another final four, of course, certainly - the show wouldn't let her go no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 155February 7, 2021 12:17 AM

I hope Ru and Co win zero Emmy awards for this season. They are the reason this show is fucked up!

by Anonymousreply 156February 7, 2021 12:41 AM

What was wrong with this episode? how could disco wind up so dull? Was it the choreographer?

I am progressively more annoyed with the Mik being there thing. It's ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 157February 7, 2021 12:50 AM

And WHY was the LS song NOT a Disco song? WTF????????????

by Anonymousreply 158February 7, 2021 1:07 AM

It should have been Kandy and Gottmik in the bottom 2.

by Anonymousreply 159February 7, 2021 1:14 AM

Is the makeup the same?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160February 7, 2021 1:21 AM

[Quote] Is the makeup the same?

YES!

by Anonymousreply 161February 7, 2021 1:22 AM

Criticism of any sort about Gottmik is NOT allowed! You have been warned.

by Anonymousreply 162February 7, 2021 4:39 PM

I don't mind Gottmik being part of the competition. But she was plain bad in that challenge. If she is going to be treated with kid gloves by the judges that is crap.

by Anonymousreply 163February 7, 2021 4:52 PM

R161 your comment is literal violence.

by Anonymousreply 164February 7, 2021 5:16 PM

What is up with the assumptions of Gottmik being rich? They showed her parents in the recent "Untucked" episode and they (like Gottmik) all seemed fairly standard bourgeois. I am not really getting the wealthy things at all.

by Anonymousreply 165February 7, 2021 5:44 PM

Gottmik when to private school in her youth, she comes from a well off background compared to the average American. And especially compared to the average drag queen which traditionally had been people from poor backgrounds. Of course in the Drag Race era you see more of these kids from well off backgrounds going into drag.

by Anonymousreply 166February 7, 2021 5:54 PM

Correct, r166. Thanks for explaining.

by Anonymousreply 167February 7, 2021 7:07 PM

I'm surprised that Mik has embraced the mean girls moniker.

by Anonymousreply 168February 7, 2021 7:09 PM

R168 Yes, surely that triggers her deep seated body hatred.

by Anonymousreply 169February 7, 2021 7:29 PM

Mik has declared herself to be one of the "mean girls", but someone was hissed at in Thread One for calling her a "woman". Imagine that.

by Anonymousreply 170February 7, 2021 7:40 PM

I’d rather have a drag king like Landon from Dragula than someone like Mik.

by Anonymousreply 171February 7, 2021 8:28 PM

^ Why don't they invent their own competitions for their brand of dress ups?

by Anonymousreply 172February 7, 2021 8:49 PM

Fucking millennials. When I wanted to dress like a slutty rocker chick with too much makeup and my tits out, I went to the bar.

by Anonymousreply 173February 7, 2021 9:12 PM

Because R172, it's way more fun to co-opt and ruin something that already exists.

by Anonymousreply 174February 7, 2021 9:28 PM

I remember reading that a lot of queens take out loans for their wardrobes on the show, sometimes $10-20k.

by Anonymousreply 175February 7, 2021 9:30 PM

Kandy is the least feminine or convincing drag queen they've had?

by Anonymousreply 176February 7, 2021 9:31 PM

Kandy is a busted bar queen

by Anonymousreply 177February 7, 2021 9:46 PM

Suck it, Kandy! And believe all the negative things you read about yourself online. They're all true. Can't wait to see you hit the road!

by Anonymousreply 178February 7, 2021 9:53 PM

R171 I loved Landon. I used to not be interested in drag kings at all, but Landon won me over. Don’t think a drag queen would work on Drag Race, however.

Anyway, we had transqueens and now an F2M, pretty soon we will have bioqueens and thats when I stop watching.

by Anonymousreply 179February 7, 2021 11:00 PM

That KD Lang-looking WOMAN needs to leave.

by Anonymousreply 180February 7, 2021 11:10 PM

GottMik's Little Black Dress look was ridiculous and I was a bit pissed that not one of the judges had anything negative to say, especially since the other queens put so much thought, design and effort into preparing their presentations and all Gott' did was slap on some pasties and small fabric to cover his bottom.

by Anonymousreply 181February 8, 2021 1:07 AM

Now had Mik created a meaty tuck under that little black dress, that would have been something.

by Anonymousreply 182February 8, 2021 1:15 AM

I have to watch this season with the fucking subtitles on so that I can understand what that repulsive fatty Kandy is trying to say. Otherwise whatever she's saying is unintelligible.

by Anonymousreply 183February 8, 2021 3:24 AM

^ So true. Is it sloppy diction, or so much fat around her mouth the words can't get out.?

by Anonymousreply 184February 8, 2021 3:35 AM

he has a fat tongue.

by Anonymousreply 185February 8, 2021 3:38 AM

Fat Vanjie needs to get yeeted.

by Anonymousreply 186February 8, 2021 3:47 AM

^Darling, he has a fat everything.

by Anonymousreply 187February 8, 2021 3:47 AM

Does anyone remember when Ru said something to fatty Kandy about wearing short shorts and fatty Kandy answering that he liked to show off his body?

[bold]Nobody[/bold] would want to touch that body. When fatty Kandy said he would have sex with poor Joey Jay - that was a violent threat wasn't it?

by Anonymousreply 188February 8, 2021 4:06 AM

The show becomes much more interesting next week when Kandy Moose suddenly becomes threatened by GottMik’s “talent”, tears off one of her arms and beats her to death with it.

by Anonymousreply 189February 8, 2021 4:17 AM

Then eats it.

by Anonymousreply 190February 8, 2021 4:25 AM

Okay, I'll play with the plastic surgery gives an advantage, but if every contestant had plastic surgery and Mik is in there, Mik still has an advantage over them with no cock....yes?

by Anonymousreply 191February 8, 2021 8:43 AM

mik should have used olivia lux’s tiny purse

by Anonymousreply 192February 8, 2021 10:47 AM

I'm not going to lie, the little black dress concept that Mik came up with was clever, but I don't see how a male drag queen could have pulled that exact same look off.

by Anonymousreply 193February 8, 2021 1:57 PM

Kandy reminds me of old school, early 90s drag. That busted screamer who sits at the end of the bar, drunk off her ass, makeup smeared and wig askew, hitting on everyone and screaming insults when she gets turned down. Oh, she's also holding and if you can get to her before her fifth GnT, she'll sell you a dimebag though she'll probably grope you if she catches you later in the bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 194February 8, 2021 2:10 PM

r193, valentina pulled off the nearly-naked look years ago on a madonna-themed runway. mik's look seemed to be a copy of what valentina already did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195February 8, 2021 2:43 PM

R193 how would it have been any different? How was it really any different in concept to Valentina's look in a previous season?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196February 8, 2021 2:44 PM

That Valentina look was iconic! She should have fucking won that challenge.

by Anonymousreply 197February 8, 2021 2:45 PM

Haha R195 we had the same thought at the same time - twinning!

by Anonymousreply 198February 8, 2021 2:45 PM

R191 can you please explain what advantage Gotmik possibly has other than saving a bit of time getting ready due to not having to tuck?

by Anonymousreply 199February 8, 2021 2:46 PM

[quote]How was it really any different in concept to Valentina's look in a previous season?

True and I forgot about Valentina's look. I tend to forget all the other seasons once they're done. But look at Valentina's black lower strip versus Mik's little black dress. There was no way a male drag queen could could wear something that little.

by Anonymousreply 200February 8, 2021 2:54 PM

[quote]

There was no way a male drag queen could could wear something that little.

Season 7, episode 1 says...haaaay gurl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201February 8, 2021 3:00 PM

Then I stand corrected. Like I said, I tend to forget the seasons once they're done. I was wrong and will shut up now.

by Anonymousreply 202February 8, 2021 3:02 PM

Yeah some of the younger queens who still had their twink bodies (Violet, Valentina. Aquaria) can pull off the GottMik’s look.

by Anonymousreply 203February 8, 2021 3:14 PM

R203 It wasn't a look. It was a l. And her makeup always makes her look for a kabuki actress.

by Anonymousreply 204February 8, 2021 4:43 PM

Even Kandy Moose doesn't want to fuck Gottmik.

by Anonymousreply 205February 8, 2021 5:44 PM

I think a lot of SJW's like to virtue signal by saying they would fuck a trans, but in reality it's a dick withering/vadge-drying situation that they would never actually put themselves in.

by Anonymousreply 206February 8, 2021 11:57 PM

Tamisha Iman Knows She Deserves an Emmy for That “Untucked” Fight

"At that moment, it was heated... her horns are showing, mine were showing."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207February 9, 2021 12:21 AM

Probably my favorite part of Tamisha's fights with Kandy was her declaring, more than once, that she was a "GROWN ASS WOMAN!"

I just hope that wasn't *too* invalidating to one of the other Mean Girls, who definitely heard it.

by Anonymousreply 208February 9, 2021 1:45 AM

I SAID WHAT I SAID!!!!

by Anonymousreply 209February 9, 2021 1:59 AM

R191, Right, and as you saw she didn't even need to contour her body with that little black dress look because she already has a female body, just some pasties to cover her scars and she's done. Twink queens still need to do more than that.

by Anonymousreply 210February 9, 2021 2:05 AM

Even Violet Chachki who walks as a woman on the REAL runways, and has been rumored to have had rib removal, would have struggled to pull that off. A solid tight tuck is part of drag and when you have a contestant without that issue, they have a strong advantage. I really hope this is a one and done with this Gotmikwhatever experiment, and the EVERYONE IS TRANSQUEERBLAHBLAH fad will have died down in a couple of years, because this really does throw off the balance of the show. Why not go for the drag king circuit? I could see that working much more for him/herm/them/snore. Mik can always get her tits stuffed back in, and something tells me that's going to happen once she has her moment of dubious fame. COVID couldn't have come at a better time to ignore her off the map.

by Anonymousreply 211February 9, 2021 5:43 AM

Yeah, fuck Mikk and fuck this season. Drag Race was so great in its early seasons where we saw people we never saw on TV before with a sharp, cutting sense of REALNESS and serving T.

Now we’re all supposed to smile and pretend like the sky is purple as a biological woman marches down the runway in a merkin in a drag competition. No. Doesn’t work that way.

I’m not interested in another season where the critiques are given to eleven men and one woman two feet shorter and a hundred pounds lighter than them. That’s boring. And why is Drag Race supposed to be a personal Make-A-Wish handout to a rich straight woman with severe mental illness?

by Anonymousreply 212February 9, 2021 7:42 AM

the interview above with tanisha is interesting. she refers to her now-deceased drag mother and said "But she was a fierce boy in Atlanta that could stand against the trans girls or anybody."

this was probably 30 years ago or so. but were trans girls in atlanta a different camp from gay drag queens?

by Anonymousreply 213February 9, 2021 10:50 AM

[quote]I don't see how a male drag queen could have pulled that exact same look off.

See also: Carmen Carrera. Not exactly sure what his parts are like now but he was intact back in season 3.

But in any case, I don't think "fishiness" has ever been a requirement, regardless of what Visage says. They want to see versatility (which Mik hasn't shown yet) and talent more than who can make a pretty girl/believable woman. I think Mik will get the cut when the numbers get low enough that she can't be just safe. She didn't have the greatest outfit or performance, but it was better than the ones who landed in the bottom 3.

[quote]Tamisha lived every word of that lip sync.

Only the ones she could remember. They were both sloppy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214February 9, 2021 1:37 PM

Really bad episode. Denali and Rose are watchable and Tina looked good for once. Symone was a bit more in the background and looked fantastic. But surprisingly not a great dancer. Olivia was like the real Tina Turner - just exuding joy and sexiness.

I don't care about Mik. The idea that a great tuck is so important is just not true. Some queens hate to tuck and always wear full skirts, some queens don't have much to tuck and it's not that hard - just painful. And a few others see it as the most important part of the illusion. Mik is not more feminine looking than Trinity or Detox, Jaida Hall, Valentina or JuJu (in Drag) or Kenya Michaels or Courtney Act or Mariah or many, many other former contestants. I don't see any advantage about that. Mik's aesthetic is not fishy or feminine anyway. The BIG deal to me is that she's a WOMAN.

And yes Aquaria wore something similar to Mik's look too. But better. And she WON the challenge. Because Aquaria has a lot of......style and TALENT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215February 9, 2021 6:21 PM

Does no one remember that Courtney act didn't pad? He was one of the most natural looking "women" on the show. Ever. As Katya would say - that's a biological woman! Still Courtney was called out on her meaty tuck. His wig and makeup were flawless Aussie or California girl natural beauty - but she has no breast or hip pads and wears bare legs....because she CAN. Also her body looks like a thin tanned man in a slinky dress. That was far back as season 6 and Shane definitely wanted to win. He's a true non binary and wasn't about to change his look though. When he wanted to look more shapely on the bottom he wore a skirt with structure that flared out. But he didn't pad his hips. I'm boring even myself. But one more thing....Yara Sofia. Another bare leg goddess - but this time with real female shape. A tiny waist and curved hips and the most beautiful ASS. She had gorgeous body and skin wearing a tiny bikini without hosiery, closed shoes OR pads. That's not fat injections. It's silicone. Very well done. Cheaply in Puerto Rico. Fingers crossed for Yara. His female illusion was very convincing the more naked he got. Far more convincing than GottMik. Too many of the contestants AND judges are dysmorphic. The fun art of female illusion is being displaced on Drag Race over time. But look at Symone. That's a bald headed skinny dark skin black man with nothing but confidence and brains and innate sexiness and camp. He makes me BELIEVE. Not that he's a woman - but that I don't know or care! Slow week for Symone. That shiny boy better win this thing. He owns this Factree.

Speaking of silicone injections and implants - here is Trinity the Tucks response to someone who said that anal bleach might burn her hole.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216February 9, 2021 11:28 PM

R212 this season is quite literally SERVING the T.

by Anonymousreply 217February 9, 2021 11:48 PM

R194 those are & were the fun ones. These 13 yo girls who are the demographic now will never get that. This new need for corporate drag is boring.

Gottdik and Sigh-moan are coat hangers, empty vessels, who serve lewks and that’s it. They don’t have the je ne sais quoi. The show and the radioactive, dead clit fans will take them to the finish line. Top 2 will be Gott & Sy, Sy will win because a black cis man is the only person a white woman could lose to.

by Anonymousreply 218February 9, 2021 11:54 PM

How much you wanna bet the ‘T’ wins?

by Anonymousreply 219February 10, 2021 12:10 AM

Symone in drag looks like the neighborhood crackhead hooker in a 90s urban gang movie.

by Anonymousreply 220February 10, 2021 12:13 AM

That would be the death knell for RDR R219. What’s left of the gay fans will leave en masse and will only encourage more inclusivity in contestants...like straight 50 year old empty nester women with peg legs and eczema.

by Anonymousreply 221February 10, 2021 12:18 AM

Isn’t that Charlie Hides?

by Anonymousreply 222February 10, 2021 12:21 AM

In a season with Symone who Ru clearly adores I don't know why anyone thinks Mik is going to win.

Mik's biggest weakness is her performance chops. She is going to win lip sync for the crown? Please, calm yourself.

by Anonymousreply 223February 10, 2021 12:25 AM

Oh LooK over here--- Our thread starter and constant racist has decided to call Symone a "crackhead neighborhood hooker from an URBAN movie?

DO THE RIGHT THING AND BAN that THING at r220!! And his hundreds of other posts on these threads.

Years and years of this fucking racist fat old fag talking shit about anyone and everyone black on Drag Race? STOP it.

by Anonymousreply 224February 10, 2021 12:25 AM

Mik doesn’t have to be worthy of winning to win. This is *reality* TV, after all.

by Anonymousreply 225February 10, 2021 12:31 AM

R224 take it to Lipstick Alley, Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 226February 10, 2021 12:34 AM

R224 mmmmmmm hmmmmmmmm

by Anonymousreply 227February 10, 2021 12:39 AM

R224 stay pressed, Hunty!

by Anonymousreply 228February 10, 2021 12:50 AM

Stop taking on the attitude of a fake DL personality R228. I'll see your ancient fat WHITE faggotty ass gone from this platform. Stay pressed? Who the fuck says that in 2021. What are you - a 75 year old white queen folded over yourself in blue veined fat and obsolete opinion. Get lost. Don't attempt to matriculate or appropriate. Black is the most beautiful and always will be. In life and the race. Put the bottle down and stop posting racist hate speech R228/r226/r220/r on and on. Your act is cold. Like your nose, feet and tiny blue nub.

What a gross entity you continue to be on this platform. Jump off.

by Anonymousreply 229February 10, 2021 1:47 AM

“Stay pressed? Who the fuck says that in 2021”

Me ....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230February 10, 2021 1:55 AM

Follow the leader. Symone is so high art and camp and wise and smart and street and sexy - that some old white man people don't know what she do. There are only two stars of season 13 - and they're both black. Cheers to Symone and Olivia!!! ♛🌹❤️🌹🥃🥃♛

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231February 10, 2021 2:02 AM

Not gonna cosign on R212 but it has been a lot of seasons. It's weird how World of Wonder is its own ecosystem. It makes me admire more the queens who made names for themselves years ago. And without Instagram and conventions

by Anonymousreply 232February 10, 2021 5:15 AM

223 I agree that Mik probably won’t win. She is a worse dancer than Kim Chi even. If the show wants to be nice they will eliminate her 5th place. That way her fans can say she was robbed and she won’t have to LSFTC and show how poor of a performer she is.

Or maybe she can do an Asia Ohara and shoot butterflies out of her vagina.

by Anonymousreply 233February 10, 2021 10:19 AM

Mik already won a lip sync.

by Anonymousreply 234February 10, 2021 11:26 AM

R233 I think you mean "front hole."

by Anonymousreply 235February 10, 2021 1:11 PM

R233 - because no one undeserving has ever won a reality show.

by Anonymousreply 236February 10, 2021 1:16 PM

R229 being racist and homophobic as she lectures on imagined racism. What a lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 237February 10, 2021 2:13 PM

After the surgery, will she change her drag name to GottDik?

by Anonymousreply 238February 10, 2021 3:13 PM

[quote]It's weird how World of Wonder is its own ecosystem. It makes me admire more the queens who made names for themselves years ago. And without Instagram and conventions.

The pageantry systems used to serve more or less the same function as far as helping queens further their careers. Before S1 premiered, I remember that Victoria "Porkchop" Parker was considered a front runner due to her pageant success (along with appearances in two drag documentaries).

Speaking of S1, here's our first RPDR thread ever. If memory serves, DL icon Price Leatherbarrow (a.k.a. Daphne St. Jacques and Miss Misty Kiss) auditioned for the first season.

Quote of the thread:

[quote]Tammie looks like a hydrocephalic, so naturally she's my favorite. I hope she sticks around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239February 10, 2021 7:33 PM

First part of this Friday's episode is already up. Reading is Fundamental returns for this week's mini-challenge, and guess who wiiiiiiiins? 🎉

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240February 10, 2021 8:14 PM

Kandy Moose just never shuts up.

by Anonymousreply 241February 10, 2021 8:19 PM

Based on what they showed at r240, you cannot blame them for who they picked for the winner of the reading challenge.

Also, it is very clear who is going home this week based on that clip. Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 242February 10, 2021 8:30 PM

R239 Thanks for that little bit of history. Fun to see how Bebe was so loved during the original airing.

by Anonymousreply 243February 10, 2021 8:58 PM

Lol "GottDik" would have actually been a better name than the one she has, but I doubt she has that kind of sense of humour about herself.

by Anonymousreply 244February 10, 2021 10:59 PM

R240, Oh, God that was all round terrible.

by Anonymousreply 245February 10, 2021 11:08 PM

Season 13 just gets worse and worse. Nobody did well in the reading challenge R240. It's always been overhyped and they seldom do - but this one might be the worst in Drag Race Herstory. Beyond lame. There is not a wit between them.

Interesting that workroom Ru is sucking gender bending clit this season though. One week HE wore the one shouldered pussy bow blouse under his suit, this week the open toed platform shoes with black bell bottoms and a hat Britney might wear in Vegas. He looks stupid as fuck.

Save the Drag for the runway old man. You look like a nonbinary pedophile.

Gottmik has the bitchy gay boy shit down. This season sucks and any episode that features Bossy Rossy is going to be worse than Season 7 does Shakespeare. Y U C K

by Anonymousreply 246February 11, 2021 2:59 AM

" You look like a nonbinary pedophile."

You just feed on all the hatred tropes.

Shit on your shoes, do you?

by Anonymousreply 247February 11, 2021 5:38 AM

Miss Warwicke is the scat obsessed troll on this thread^^^.

by Anonymousreply 248February 11, 2021 5:43 AM

r247: "tropes"

by Anonymousreply 249February 11, 2021 11:56 AM

[Quote] being racist and homophobic as she lectures on imagined racism. What a lunatic.

Truth.

by Anonymousreply 250February 11, 2021 5:18 PM

[quote]Miss Warwicke is the scat obsessed troll on this thread. ^^^

True.

by Anonymousreply 251February 11, 2021 6:04 PM

Not looking forward much to tonight......but I'll watch.....the trainwreck.

by Anonymousreply 252February 12, 2021 1:43 PM

R252 Same here, just judging from the preview clip posted above. However, as with many shows, the editing can sometimes be deceiving - someone who appears very assured of winning early in an episode finds themselves at the bottom, possibly even eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 253February 12, 2021 3:10 PM

All the previews for this week's episode STILL focus on FAT ASS!

Fucking exhausting!

by Anonymousreply 254February 12, 2021 7:55 PM

I'm sure most viewers of RPDR US aren't watching the UK edition, but airing these shows back to back really highlights how overproduced the US edition has become. The UK version is so much more enjoyable because the drama has been more "fun." For example in the most recent episode: production being shut down due to COVID-19, one contestant ripping off another's outfit!!! and RuPaul lost his damn mind over an outfit from H&M. No doubt that all reality shows are produced with a narrative in mind, UK edition is not an exception, but at least they make it SEEM more organic to viewers. It's not nearly as heavy handed as Kandy sucking the fucking air out of the room during every episode about being called arrogant!

by Anonymousreply 255February 12, 2021 11:27 PM

What was that Tyra Banks shit, R255, yelling about H & M? Ru wore literal garbage on stage in the 70s/ 80s. I don't want 12 GiGi Good/Aquarias, the ones who can afford professional wardrobe just for the show.

by Anonymousreply 256February 13, 2021 12:19 AM

R256 I don't know, but I enjoyed his mini-meltdown! It's ridiculous to expect the queens to go into $20K worth of debt to procure a custom wardrobe for this show, I agree.

by Anonymousreply 257February 13, 2021 12:41 AM

Well that was boring.

by Anonymousreply 258February 13, 2021 2:22 AM

A bit surprised they didn't give the win to Symone after that amazing runway outfit. Those beads in her hair, spelling out her name - talk about a wow factor!

Oh Kandy, Maury never reads the paternity results to the [italic]woman[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 259February 13, 2021 3:07 AM

Go, Elliott! I thought that was a pretty great save from him in the lip sync. He’s good on stage. Where’s that personality been? I’m impressed.

by Anonymousreply 260February 13, 2021 3:38 AM

That was some bull shit. No way did Kandy belong in the top. Wildly overpraised performance and runway.

by Anonymousreply 261February 13, 2021 4:36 AM

Oh, and was Olivia wearing Kandy's wig from the Bag Ball?

by Anonymousreply 262February 13, 2021 4:50 AM

Why are they trying to make FAT ASS, "happen?" What is it for production? Why? FAT ASS is a bully and none of RPDR demographic will support her.

by Anonymousreply 263February 13, 2021 6:22 AM

Kandy confirmed via Twitter that she DID NOT lend Olivia her wig...they both had the same wigs. Poor Olivia now she looks like a copycat for two different runways.

by Anonymousreply 264February 13, 2021 9:59 AM

I don't know, R264. Who wore it better?

by Anonymousreply 265February 13, 2021 12:41 PM

I’m super tired of Fat Vanjie. She should have gone a few episodes ago. I don’t see her lasting much longer. I’m also done with Ronald McDonald. We’ve seen what she has to offer. Byeeeee. I’m not hating Gottmik. She consistently seems to be doing well and has a personality and is funny so I’m fine with her being in the top three. Olivia seems to be coming back a bit while Symone is getting that mid season fade. The fashion is starting to feel a bit repetitive with Symone (although I loved her hair this week)? I don’t know, I’m just losing sight of her. It might be editing. She seemed a bit weak in the challenge. I like Utica and think she has something unique to say but Ru and Visage and the producers don’t seem to agree though they continue to keep her around. I liked Elliott’s save last night, she ate Lala alive but I imagine she’s gone soon.

by Anonymousreply 266February 13, 2021 12:57 PM

I like Gottmik. She's not a whiny crybaby like so many of the others.

by Anonymousreply 267February 13, 2021 1:08 PM

Every time I see Denali, I realize I’ve forgotten she’s on the show. She’s not terrible, but she’s just so forgettable for me.

by Anonymousreply 268February 13, 2021 1:27 PM

Both Denali and Rose R268. If I see another piece of ruched tulle on Rose I’m going to wretch.

by Anonymousreply 269February 13, 2021 1:51 PM

Why did they think Kandy was so great in that thing with Ross? They acted like saying “you bitch!” in response to Ross was some Oscar-worthy moment.

by Anonymousreply 270February 13, 2021 2:05 PM

"Bossy Rossy" is boring.

The seasons are in a rut. Will there be a Rusical episode? Will there be an improv episode? Will there be Snatch Game?

by Anonymousreply 271February 13, 2021 2:08 PM

I really think the producers were brain dead not to realize how hated Kandy is and get rid of her when they had the chance. Now their audience is hate watching. And yeah, "you bitch?" ugh.

by Anonymousreply 272February 13, 2021 2:10 PM

Rose is one of my favorites and I can't decide if he's one of my favorites because I think boy Rose is cute or because there is real talent there. He's clearly in the top tier in my mind. Kandy is Kandy. He' snot going to win, but he's great for ratings and clicks. There is one every season.

by Anonymousreply 273February 13, 2021 2:13 PM

Your redemption tour of the workroom will not work Kandy Moose. You have already revealed yourself to be an arrogant sore loser so jealous of others that you can't control yourself.

As for your "look" - it really was ruined by the big roll of FAT hanging over your waistband.

by Anonymousreply 274February 13, 2021 2:33 PM

[quote] wretch

noun an unfortunate or unhappy person. "can the poor wretch's corpse tell us anything?"

INFORMAL a despicable or contemptible person. "ungrateful wretches"

So, r269, are you unfortunate, unhappy, despicable or contemptible?

by Anonymousreply 275February 13, 2021 3:00 PM

Rose, Joey J an god help me Kandy Muse - cock shots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276February 13, 2021 3:49 PM

That Joey really is hot.

by Anonymousreply 277February 13, 2021 4:02 PM

The Moose got fatter. How is that possible.

by Anonymousreply 278February 13, 2021 4:21 PM

Ru literally said you can have something cheap r257, but you need to make it special and interesting before you come on the runway. And he is right. People watch drag race to see these girls serving exciting looks, not literally just grabbing some mall clothes and wearing it as is on the stage.

Now here is when I stop defending him. How on earth was Kandy in the top for this challenge?! I was floored, complete and utter bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 279February 13, 2021 4:35 PM

I'm fine with the winner from last night. The episode itself was boring so I ff through 85% of it. Mik's outfit has been done 3 times before on the show. Did she not watch past seasons? Sheeeesh! So dull. Did the judges not see the GIANT fabric knot / tumor on the underside of Kandy's hat? It was right in front of her face? Really judges? At least she could have turned the hat around so it's behind her fat head! All that outfit was a bodysuit, fur and a cardboard hat. Cheap!

by Anonymousreply 280February 13, 2021 6:26 PM

Kunty Moose overpraised yet again for the sake of the script. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 281February 13, 2021 6:31 PM

Gottmik kinda killed that acting challenge, and the "anal beads" dress was a fun and campy take on the theme -- surprised she didn't get top 3 over Kandy Mooseknuckle.

by Anonymousreply 282February 13, 2021 6:35 PM

Gottmik’s Gottalent.

by Anonymousreply 283February 13, 2021 6:37 PM

I do think it was weird how much praise Olivia got without acknowledging her bit was successful because Mik did a great job making it work.

Really Mik, Denali, Rose....ANYONE else should have been in the top instead of Kandy.

by Anonymousreply 284February 13, 2021 6:42 PM

I’m shocked Utica or the other queens didn’t go off on Olivia on Untucked. Utica probably would have been in the top, and not the bottom, if she got that mime part.

by Anonymousreply 285February 13, 2021 6:46 PM

Gotmik's runway has been done many times. Nothing new and interesting. Plus, she a mean girl. Fuck her. She's a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 286February 13, 2021 6:47 PM

Got Mick has fuck all going for her. Not fashion. Not runway. And kabuki makeup.

by Anonymousreply 287February 13, 2021 7:12 PM

It is pleasing to us seeing that the normally anti-trans Datalounge is slowly warming up to Gottmik.

Better get used to the idea of them winning!

by Anonymousreply 288February 13, 2021 10:01 PM

Gotmik is fine but just seems too artificial. It is like she studied how to win drag race and just does that. It doesn’t feel organic at all. She should be unique but it really isn’t. Everything she wears we have seen on someone else.

Honestly I really am not rooting for anyone. I gusss Dinali, but it seems like the editors are not giving her or Rose any love. Would love to see another hispanic winner and I thought we would have that with Dinali, but not at this rate.

by Anonymousreply 289February 13, 2021 10:17 PM

Did everyone else miss all the biological males crying like big babies while GM did her job? Any other time, DL would be lauding GM.

by Anonymousreply 290February 13, 2021 10:17 PM

R288 No, they aren't. Is one person. As GotMuff cannot sing, dance, or act, she would hardly be a favourite here.

by Anonymousreply 291February 13, 2021 10:40 PM

Watching this season is depressing.

Gotmikk is a (straight?) woman pretending to be a bitchy gay boi. The queens (with the exception of Tamisha) didn’t know anything about disco, not familiar with the divas (Diana Ross who? Gloria Gaynor what?) and probably think that Lady Gaga invented dance music.

Yup, that is pretty much gay culture in 2021.

by Anonymousreply 292February 13, 2021 10:45 PM

I stand corrected, Elliott most certainly IS a dancer

by Anonymousreply 293February 13, 2021 11:01 PM

Elliott laughs like Phyllis Diller. (look it up) He IS depressing, but he turned out that lip sync and it was nice to see. Bitch can dance for real. The dress was great and the moves were sleazy. He's not a bad person. We can see he's a misfit. A lot of drag queens claim that moniker and I guess maybe when they were kids they felt that way. So do most gay men, even non drag queens. But Elliott is just a bit weird and a downer kind of self pitying presence. Glad he made it through this week. He won't be around much longer. There are three tops and nothing in between for the whole season.

The Lala Ri experience was no Jaidynn Diore Fierce.

Utica is going nowhere but home soon. I think he's a mean girl too - though they are editing most of it out, you can see it in his expressions and responses when he's not given what he wants, in parts or feedback. He's kind of scary. Thorgy Thor was a lot like that too, but miles more talented than Utica.

Same with Tina Burner, he reminds me of Robbie Turner. Sketchy as fuck.

It's really a terrible season. Way worse than season 7 or 8.

Kandy did nothing but shut her ugly mouth up a bit in the challenge and throw a bathmat over her shoulders for the runway and suddenly she's in the top 3? This is not unfair judging, it's reality show fuckery. It's extremely transparent. Nah.

I thought that Denali and Rose and Olivia were the clear tops. I love Symone, he turns me on and that outfit was a meticulous creation. Sexy boy/girl that Deborah. The NO PADDING big mouths have yet to sound off about his beaded near naked runway. Pussy got your tongue? Some little titties wouldn't have hurt but the fashion of it all on his sleek shiny body kind of did the work. That beaded box braid wig is a Beyonce world class number - no matter if he did it himself. You better win this thing Symone. ❤️

GottMik is doing just fine. She was funny in the challenge. Her runway look has been done much more memorably by Latrice Royale. All Stars 23.

I'm not a fan of T.S. Madison. That bitch has always been crude as fuck and yes we know that you're a hooker and a porn performer. Burns me that Ru has NEVER let a former drag race contestant on the judging panel, but invites someone as classless as T.S. Madison. We know why.

It's tranny season on 13.

by Anonymousreply 294February 13, 2021 11:24 PM

Sounded like Ru was pronouncing Got Milk as Got Mick. Which actually makes sense as her name.

by Anonymousreply 295February 13, 2021 11:30 PM

Gottmik is her name. I don't get your point R295. They call her Mik all the time. Has nothing to do with got milk.

Anyway - Symone is playing to win every week on the social medias. She does more than post a screenshot of her look. This weeks video got over a thousand retweets. She's already winning the audience. She clearly made it to the finale. She's campaigning for the win now. Got my vote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296February 14, 2021 12:04 AM

[Quote] Same with Tina Burner, he reminds me of Robbie Turner.

Tina = Mimi Imfurst

Robbie at least was a little funny and clever.

by Anonymousreply 297February 14, 2021 12:13 AM

R297 Apart from the rampant lying, yeah Robbie is a peach.

by Anonymousreply 298February 14, 2021 12:15 AM

T.S. Madison is usually fun but this episode she was so fucking boring!

by Anonymousreply 299February 14, 2021 12:15 AM

[Quote] Apart from the rampant lying, yeah Robbie is a peach.

Everyone lies even YOU! Who gives a fuck what she does. The only cunts who care about dumb shit like that are the pure people and they are the biggest liars of all!

by Anonymousreply 300February 14, 2021 12:22 AM

R300 - dial it back, Norma.

by Anonymousreply 301February 14, 2021 12:24 AM

Hey Robbie. It was just you told such a stupid fucking lie, which was always going to discovered. And obviously, there is no coming back for you, from that.

by Anonymousreply 302February 14, 2021 12:28 AM

I get annoyed when queens like Denali and Jan lose their minds about being safe "safe," good lord. Get a grip. You're not in the bottom, calm down.

by Anonymousreply 303February 14, 2021 12:37 AM

I was surprised to see Loni Love on the panel again. But apparently, that was some non famous person named TS Madison?

by Anonymousreply 304February 14, 2021 12:48 AM

TS Madison is a man. But DL likes her? It's hard to keep track of which trannies are allowed.

by Anonymousreply 305February 14, 2021 1:00 AM

For the past several seasons, I haven't known the great majority of the guest judges. Where in my worldview am I missing something?

by Anonymousreply 306February 14, 2021 1:55 AM

T.S Madison used to make "comedy" videos for WOWPresents YT channel years back, other than that he didn't have any involvement with Drag Race or anything else in particular.

by Anonymousreply 307February 14, 2021 3:05 AM

TS madison is a transexual prostitute and porn performer, who over time became famous on Youtube and other formats. Really crude basic online fame, but she's well known. She is soon coming out with her own reality show. My friend has already filmed it. But the evolution of TS Madison did not begin with WOW. I am not calling him a prostitute to be derogatory, that's exactly what he was. A tranny and then a post op transexual. Prostitute and porn performer/personality.

But Ru won't sit next to Bianca Del Rio or Alaska?

by Anonymousreply 308February 14, 2021 3:10 AM

The best improv sketch players on RPDR will always be Kennedy and Bendela in The Bitchelor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309February 14, 2021 4:48 AM

r255, and they had a similar situation to the Kandy being called arrogant situation with someone being called something slag (I can't remember it right now), and it was more watchable and delightfully shady.

This episode was a big ball of meh. I hated Utica humping around on the ground...but you know when a queen pronounces that acting/singing/improv/dancing, etc is her specialty, she gets the fail edit. Olivia, Symone, and Mik in the top 3 now.

And it not M I L K, it's M I K. Her name is a portmanteau of her full name, Mik Gottlieb

by Anonymousreply 310February 14, 2021 12:27 PM

I'm really not loving any of the queens so far, but I am absolutely HATING Kandy Muse. She's not talented, she's not funny, she's not creative, and she's a nasty cunt.

And every time I see Gottmik out of drag, all I see is kd lang when she used to be skinny,

by Anonymousreply 311February 14, 2021 12:35 PM

As others have said, I simply don't get the judges' love for Kandy. "She called Ross a bitch, she's a comedic genius! She's got her man boobs out on the runway, what a gorgeous look! Etc Etc." Maybe it just plays better in real life rather than edited for television, but I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 312February 14, 2021 2:49 PM

R312 I don't get it, either Maybe the judges love her because overall, the competition this season is pretty damn weak.

by Anonymousreply 313February 14, 2021 3:19 PM

Even Kandy's tongue is fat. You can barely understand a word she says.

She's by far one of the most ignorant contestants ever featured on Drag Race.

by Anonymousreply 314February 14, 2021 3:22 PM

For some reason my dvr didn’t record the show.

Wonder what happened. 🤔🤔

by Anonymousreply 315February 14, 2021 3:23 PM

R312 Also, the judges see her in "moderation" compared to the viewers. I can see how she'd be more tolerable in small doses.

by Anonymousreply 316February 14, 2021 4:03 PM

When Kandy Moose first heard the Runway was Bead It! she thought it was supposed to be a Michael Jackson costume......

by Anonymousreply 317February 14, 2021 4:18 PM

I was sad to see Lala Ri go - although I like Elliott. Lala's confessions were always fun and she was great in the workroom.......and her talk about BLM and her life was epic......and memorable.

Utica would be a beautiful TALL fashion model type if she would just forget her clown painting and boring, derivative physical quirks JUST ONCE......JUST ONCE......

by Anonymousreply 318February 14, 2021 4:24 PM

Lala Ri was the best personality on the show. Huge loss with her gone. It’s a shame that energy couldn’t translate into her skits.

by Anonymousreply 319February 14, 2021 5:03 PM

Kandy simply wasn't very good in the acting challenge

by Anonymousreply 320February 14, 2021 5:31 PM

Trixie Mattel & Bianca Del Rio Break Down “Bossy Rossy After Dark”

Best part is Bianca reading Kandy's runway look, starting around 17:25

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321February 14, 2021 7:34 PM

The major problem is that the improvisational challenges are so bad to begin with. Ross Matthews is not funny in the slightest and it's highly doubtful the queens are coming up with their own lines or told "just do whatever you think is funny". Every now and then, one of these challenges might produce a chuckle or two, but the entire concept and dialogue of the Bossy Rossy Show (ugh!) was unfunny - trying to make fun of The Jerry Springer Show and similar should be rife for parody but this was just bland.

by Anonymousreply 322February 15, 2021 12:02 AM

This isn't your first Bossy Rossy show R322. The judges should go. Michelle is gorgeous and loves the queens and really is the mother of them all. Ru is having a small renaissance. She can feel her legs again. But Carson and Ross are both terrible. Since when is being a 50 year old white queen a qualification to judge acting, fashion or comedy? And no, Carson knows nothing about fashion. Ross knows nothing about comedy. His comedy is self pity and some weird throwback to fat queeny men crossing their legs funny.

Put Nicole Byer in a perma spot even if Michelle has a fit. Then give another one to a cute young ethnic gay guy, or just cute and young. Keiynan Lonsdale or Priyanka from Canada's Drag Race! Or even one of those figure skaters with insight - Adam or Johnny Weir. Or let Jamal Syms judge every week. He's sexy and sweet energy. Or get a beauty influencer if they can find one who doesn't drug and molest young straight guys. The point is Ross should go. And Carson is worse.

The cast of season 13 is not helping the Bossy Rossy show.

Do you really think that someone "wrote" Kandy Muse's lines for her R322? She said - and I quote - shut up bitch. And then got lots of praise for it. The fuckery is not in being scripted - but in the editing and judging.

Kandy is the protagonist of the season. And one of the stupidest of all time. The SHOW is keeping her around. RPDR is not above eliminating a GREAT contestant in some weird heartbreak. They just think we will bring them back for an All Stars Season, 2 years later. I guess that was fair before COVID, because all the contestants toured and favorites rose above their elimination order. Alyssa is still your lovely 5th alternate. But now....the great Jaida Essence Hall spent her whole win and drag race reign in lockdown. She really was one of the best winners in many seasons. Don't fuck with people Drag Race.

The fandom cancelled gorgeous Jeffrey Bowyer Chapman for his weird RuPaul imitation bitchery. Boy left twitter and won't be back for a second season as host of Canada's Drag Race. (Ru remains loyal to him - a good thing)

Ross and Carson are seen as harmless. They are the least effective permanent judges on the show, ever. And going strong. Their words are written for them. That's exactly what Ru wants. Michelle he trusts. Otherwise he doesn't want funnier or more insightful judges, not as long as he wins the Emmy every year. (He choses only unattractive white gay men as permanent judges) He beats the Amazing Race. But he'll take it. Bossy Bussy.

by Anonymousreply 323February 15, 2021 12:30 AM

Yes, it's time to demote Ross and Carson. And I really don't understand why there isn't another queen on the panel. Bob the Drag Queen is smart, fast, and naturally funny (i.e., without a script piped into his brain by an ear piece).

by Anonymousreply 324February 15, 2021 12:45 AM

[quote]Do you really think that someone "wrote" Kandy Muse's lines for her [R322]? She said - and I quote - shut up bitch. And then got lots of praise for it. The fuckery is not in being scripted - but in the editing and judging.

R323 I'm sure Kandy did come up with the bitch line by yourself, thinking it would be hysterical. My basic point was I doubt these challenges are truly improvisation, with the queens getting getting insight and suggestions from the show especially since EVERY reality show tries to push certain story lines, even to the point of creating dialogue.

by Anonymousreply 325February 15, 2021 12:53 AM

I'm sure Kandy did come up with the bitch line by HERself. Damn auto-correct!

by Anonymousreply 326February 15, 2021 12:56 AM

The improv challenges would be better if they taught (eyeroll) the queens a BIT about improv BEFORE having them do the challenges. Just because you're funny, doesn't mean you'll succeed at improv. I'd like to see the show get a comedian with improv skills (I dunno who'd be willing to do the show -- maybe someone like Amy Poheler) to do a little improv workshop with the queens to warm them up. The improv challenges are just as bad as the Rusicals for me.

by Anonymousreply 327February 15, 2021 12:58 AM

R324 I'd be ok with the show keeping Nicole Byers and Loni Love on as judges, their critiques have been much better than whatever Carson and Ross ramble on about. Carson is more tolerable to me than Ross, because Ross gets too "inspirational" with the queens.

Compared to Graham Norton and Alan Carr on the UK version, Ross and Carson really stand out as bad.

by Anonymousreply 328February 15, 2021 1:01 AM

Symone is a natural. I don't think he's a had misstep yet.

by Anonymousreply 329February 15, 2021 1:01 AM

R327 I doubt either network would allow for any crossover, but for improv training, why not someone from Whose Line on the CW. Or any of the well-known improv groups. Better yet, have the queens divide into groups as they do now, have each team work with an individual coach THEN have them do their challenges and be judged.

by Anonymousreply 330February 15, 2021 1:06 AM

You cannot be taught to improvise quickly. You would have time to teach not blocking, 'Yes, and...' and time would be up.

by Anonymousreply 331February 15, 2021 1:14 AM

Jeffrey Bowyer Chapman and the other judges from Canada's dr were a bore! NEVER give them another show! They said nothing but boring dull shit and on top of that none knew gay or drag history. Shameful! Priyanka is horrible. Zero talent and also a bore.

by Anonymousreply 332February 15, 2021 1:19 AM

I thought I wasn't understanding Kandy Muse because of the accent + talking fast, but reading this thread it seems a problem for everyone else too. There's no way RuPaul would let another drag queen go on the panel let alone a good one, because he has to be the star AT ALL TIMES. Ross and Carson are there for good.

by Anonymousreply 333February 15, 2021 1:28 AM

The Canada's Drag Race judges might have been a bore to some, but they must have been interesting enough to feel the wrath of the Twitterati over their comments, to the point where JBC had to deactivate his Twitter account.

by Anonymousreply 334February 15, 2021 1:31 AM

Brook Lyn was a fucking awful everything on CDR. Shit looks, no wit, useless comments.

by Anonymousreply 335February 15, 2021 1:34 AM

r334, I have no idea what JBC said but on the show he and the rest of them were terrible.

by Anonymousreply 336February 15, 2021 1:36 AM

I thought the Canadian judges were just blunt. More like Americans than the American judges - like Ross - who are CanadiaNice

by Anonymousreply 337February 15, 2021 1:43 AM

They *were* merely just a bit more blunt than the American judges of recent seasons, but the current over-sensitive teenage fanbase with gender issues just could not cope with it.

I laugh every time I think about JBC telling Ilona Verley that she should have put foundation on her ass, and RPDR Twitter went crazy. Ilony was a NON-BINARY TWO-SPIRIT, how very the fuck dare he!

by Anonymousreply 338February 15, 2021 1:48 AM

RPDR alumna queens seemed to really like the way Canadian judges were just like “it’s not good” without having to find something nice to say. I didn’t realize the judges caught flak for it.

by Anonymousreply 339February 15, 2021 1:53 AM

Do you think Kandy and Tina are being coached. They both came off as hatefult towards Eliott,then suddenly they cared??

I like Eliott.

by Anonymousreply 340February 15, 2021 1:56 AM

R331 I think that teaching the queens those two concepts would vastly improve the improve challenges, which isn’t saying much!

by Anonymousreply 341February 15, 2021 2:01 AM

^ True, anything would be an improvemment.

by Anonymousreply 342February 15, 2021 2:04 AM

R338, Lol but he was right, she needed several dozen layers of concealer and a full paint job on that ass! My eyes still burn thinking about it.

by Anonymousreply 343February 15, 2021 2:08 AM

[quote]Do you think Kandy and Tina are being coached. They both came off as hatefult towards Eliott,then suddenly they cared??

I think what you're seeing is hours and hours of footage edited together and it doesn't always allow for a natural progression of time for the viewers at home. For instance two events that are shown one right after the other on air, may have happened hours or days apart in real time.

I have not seen this particularly addressed on Drag Race, but on other reality competition shows I've read interviews were the contestants will say that what is shown on TV is a fraction of everything that actually happens and that it may not always happen in the order that it is shown on TV.

by Anonymousreply 344February 15, 2021 2:09 AM

Say what you want about Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman, Canada’s Drag Race was MILES more entertaining than this stinker of a season.

by Anonymousreply 345February 15, 2021 2:11 AM

I didn't mind that he was mean. It was that he was putting on this fake queeny persona witch was sooo creepy and - as I said - fake. Made me hate him.

by Anonymousreply 346February 15, 2021 2:21 AM

^^^^Which

by Anonymousreply 347February 15, 2021 2:22 AM

WoW, how soon people forget. They've had Devon Greene (the unfunny Betty Bowers) Rita Rudner and the wonderful Cecily Strong coach the queens before in comedy and improv. Not to mention Tori Spelling and Jennie Garth! Kathy Najimy was a bitch once directing. Kathy Griffin tried to help them in comedy once too. The seasons blurrr. Nobody can learn improv in an afternoon anyway. I always find DL funny that way. Expecting so much from unscripted material. Most always go for the gross misogynist cheap shit. Whores and loud mouth whores. And their mothers. That's why Jinkx and Bendela and even the gross BoB stood out so much. They had other takes on being a character. Most of these queens are not sketch players. But a funny person who likes to play with personas can do improv - whether they're a drag queen or not. But what's Ross's excuse? He's holding his fat face and showing his ankles and giggling? Unlike reality show contestants, he gets paid.

Priyanka was an out of the box suggestion, but he's a very smart and fast guy, a proven performer and Drag Queen winner. He hosted a very popular kids show in Canada before becoming a drag queen. And then he won Canada's Drag Race. And he was funny all the way through. Attractive dude. The poster who says he is terrible is the same racist hate filled fuck pig that hates everyone darker. Priyanka as a guy on the judging panel is what I meant. (Because Ru would NEVER let Trixie or BOB or Bianca take a judge's seat. Piggish RuPaul. Any one of them would be great. Lots of other popular alumni [Katya, Alaska, Willam, Allyssa] would NOT make great weekly judges.)

But racists got to race, so as soon as I typed Priyanka, R332 was on the ready. Fucking freak who thinks he runs these threads. I don't give a rusty fuck about Priyanka, but there was a solid reason for my suggestion as a judge. R332 would automatically dismiss anyone of color, except for the ones he views as white. (see Vangie, ha) He likes minstrel shows like BOB too. But NO to black queens or brown queens or Asian queens. Fuck that fat white man @ R332. Tired of that fuck being here.

And yes R345, Canada's Drag Race was many times more entertaining. At first glance I thought who are these men? Then, they transformed into something more than instagram queens or pageant girls. Because you can't make a living being that in Canada. The girls were club performers. So we saw the best LSFYL and challenge performances on Drag Race for many years. And unscripted friendships and rivalries. The runway, not so much. But charming and inventive, like the OG Drag Race.

Canada and the UK do most things better. Facts are facts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348February 15, 2021 2:34 AM

I hate it too when they go straight to the cheap-whore-for-laughs route and think that's all it takes to be funny, like stumbling around with a tit or vadge hanging out while throwing around a few four letter words doesn't make you a comedian.

by Anonymousreply 349February 15, 2021 2:55 AM

R348 Oh Goody. The mental fuck is back.

by Anonymousreply 350February 15, 2021 3:09 AM

I think GotMik’s entrance should have been a tribute to Gia Gunn: “Feeling like pussy, feeling like cunt!”

It would have been so meta.

by Anonymousreply 351February 15, 2021 4:29 AM

^ She isn't that witty. Nor self aware.

by Anonymousreply 352February 15, 2021 7:08 AM

R337 Sorry, who were the judges? They knew what about drag? They got to comment because......

by Anonymousreply 353February 15, 2021 10:26 AM

R337, I don't know what they know about drag. I was just comparing Canada's judges to America's judges. I'd take JBC and Stacey _____________ over Carson/Ross any time.

by Anonymousreply 354February 15, 2021 11:05 AM

[quote]You cannot be taught to improvise quickly.

You'd think some of these queens would take a class before going on the show. Maybe they did and this is just the best they can do. Not everyone is going to be good at improv.

by Anonymousreply 355February 15, 2021 11:36 AM

Went back to watch S1 as I’m new to DR. Quite a difference in production. And in the drag racers. I loved the bit where they did selfies with digital cameras. You forget the age of the cellphone selfie is quite recent.

by Anonymousreply 356February 15, 2021 1:12 PM

R356 Seasons 1-6 are really fun to watch and gave us (most of) the greatest queens of the RPDR cannon.

by Anonymousreply 357February 15, 2021 2:07 PM

Canon! Dammit! Although some of them should have been shot out of a cannon.

by Anonymousreply 358February 15, 2021 2:09 PM

PlutoTV has been running early seasons of Drag Race. I had never seen season 2, and was surprised how boring Tyra was.

However, season 3 with Raja, Manila, Yara, Alexis Matteo, and even Shangela, round 2 reminded me why I started watching.

by Anonymousreply 359February 15, 2021 2:26 PM

I think having an RPDR Cannon is a great idea...... They could shoot the skinny girls OUT of it, and shoot the fat girls WITH it.

Goodbye!

by Anonymousreply 360February 15, 2021 2:52 PM

The US doesn't have the equivalent of a Graham Norton or an Alan Carr. If you want an out and proud gay celebrity in the US who will say outrageous things, you have to search the C List and the D List which is why we have Ross and Carson.

by Anonymousreply 361February 15, 2021 3:04 PM

Who the fuck is Ts Madison and why does she have a career?

by Anonymousreply 362February 15, 2021 3:23 PM

What happened to RuPaul after season 6? I just started re-watching it, and something about his demeanor with the queens really changed during season 7. He used to be much more engaged and seemed to enjoy himself a lot more. What the hell happened? I suppose the novelty of the show wore off and he saw what a cash cow it was. Or was he just better at putting on an act during the earlier seasons? It's hard not to notice the difference when watching S6 and then new S13 episodes. Did Pearl break him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363February 15, 2021 3:26 PM

This week's show broke the cardinal rule of reality TV; it was B-O-R-I-N-G...

by Anonymousreply 364February 15, 2021 5:53 PM

Eliott is being called “Eliott with three Ks” now after Kandy did a live Insta the other night saying that he was saying racist stuff off camera that really bothered some of the queens and that’s why they were ignoring him. Other queens backed up Kandy and they’re now pulling up stuff on Eliott’s Insta and Twitter to back it up.

by Anonymousreply 365February 15, 2021 10:31 PM

How did people understand the Moose? Were there subtitles?

by Anonymousreply 366February 15, 2021 11:21 PM

[Quote] Other queens backed up Kandy

Let me guess, Tina and Gotmik?

by Anonymousreply 367February 16, 2021 2:31 AM

Implied most of the other queens of color like Symone and Lala R367.

by Anonymousreply 368February 16, 2021 2:53 AM

So let me get this straight. Elliott made racist comments but Kandy went over to console him? Really?

by Anonymousreply 369February 16, 2021 2:48 PM

The Kandy Redemption Tour is starting a bit early......it won't work anyway.

by Anonymousreply 370February 16, 2021 4:15 PM

Ohhhh so it was Kandy who was being picked on! Ok.... I find it very hard to believe that Elliott made racist comments and loudmouth Kandy didn’t confront him.

by Anonymousreply 371February 16, 2021 8:29 PM

I can't imagine any scenario where Kandy could be bullied by anyone, let alone, Elliott.

by Anonymousreply 372February 16, 2021 8:41 PM

Elliott with 2 Ts Is Racist & Transphobic? Let's Look At The Receipts!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373February 16, 2021 11:30 PM

TWANSPHOBIC?

by Anonymousreply 374February 17, 2021 4:44 AM

R363 Here, so I’m in the midst of watching rewatching S6, which is actually pretty good. I wasn’t a fan of it at the time, but I can understand people who’d argue that it’s the best season of RPDR.

Anyway, the funny thing about the season is how much shit Laganja got for her “yaaas goddd props to ya mama okurrrr” obnoxious personality from the other queens AND the judges. She was constantly being read Bianca and Adore for that shit. Now, practically every other queen on the damn show has a personality like that. In retrospect, yes Laganja was annoying but she was pretty innocuous. I guess she was a trail blazer, after all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375February 17, 2021 4:49 AM

Still think that Adore should have been in, "Rent Live!" instead of Valentina.

by Anonymousreply 376February 17, 2021 10:25 AM

Still think that nobody should have been in "Rent Live!" as it is a shit show.

by Anonymousreply 377February 17, 2021 10:47 AM

Have yet to her a drag queen who belongs anywhere near a live microphone.

by Anonymousreply 378February 17, 2021 1:08 PM

I just watched R373 and I am never going to get that 5 minutes of my life back. Is that person the typical fanbase of this show now?

by Anonymousreply 379February 17, 2021 1:13 PM

Yes, the fanbase is now mostly fraus and young, wannabe queens who think they know better than everyone on the show.

by Anonymousreply 380February 17, 2021 1:23 PM

The Drag Race fans are so annoying. Last season they overreacted to the Sherry Pie situation (which was really just basic catfishing with no physical abuse). Now this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 381February 17, 2021 1:54 PM

I liked Elliott after last week. The video at R373 is good. Elliott made some dumb comments. Humor probably from ignorance. She's playing fast and loose with the black Barbie stuff and Caitlyn. Real talk a lot of white families aren't racing out to buy black dolls for their kids.

by Anonymousreply 382February 17, 2021 1:58 PM

Maybe Jim Jordan is right about cancel culture. Kidding! A lot of people in the LGBT+ had a Caitlyn joke or two behind closed doors.

by Anonymousreply 383February 17, 2021 2:24 PM

Jim Jordan is *thisclose* to getting cancelled himself so he should be shaking in his wrestling boots.

by Anonymousreply 384February 17, 2021 2:30 PM

The problem with Elliott and most drag queens in general is they try to be "outrageous" in what they say, but more often than not, it doesn't translate well when read in print, especially online. I don't think he's racist or transphobic, but his comments were either ill-informed or bad jokes which were misinterpreted (or possibly a combination of both). If any of the more comedic queens had made the same comments, there likely wouldn't have been as much as a fuss.

by Anonymousreply 385February 17, 2021 3:10 PM

R381, They're still not over it lol, just look at the recent interview with Sherry Pie, the comments underneath are practically in vapours. Apparently Sherry is the most EVIL queen to ever walk the earth, conveniently they forgot to denounce all the other queens pre-Sherry who have done much worse than catfishing.

by Anonymousreply 386February 17, 2021 4:09 PM

I guess I don't understand or I just have to finally admit that I'm old and out of touch. I kind of thought the point of the drag queen was to put on an outrageous and over the top and impolite cabaret type performance while dressed as an exaggerated version of a woman.

While I understand that times change and that we have to be careful of our word choices, but don't drag performers and comedians get a certain amount of leeway?

by Anonymousreply 387February 17, 2021 4:53 PM

The episode preview is out on IG and again fat ass gets the most screen time? Why? We have to listen to fat ass explain her feeling about who won and who lost the LS. How she feels about everything. Why?

by Anonymousreply 388February 17, 2021 6:17 PM

R376 Could Adore have stayed sober long enough, though?

by Anonymousreply 389February 17, 2021 6:18 PM

Not in 2021, r387.

by Anonymousreply 390February 17, 2021 6:38 PM

R381 I mean, paying for steroids for someone and offering them a fake job if they do it is a little more than catfishing.

by Anonymousreply 391February 17, 2021 7:25 PM

I think Kandy Moose and Sulky Nutmeg Gash should do a show together so I could miss both of them at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 392February 17, 2021 7:28 PM

Kandy needs sub titles when she speaks, can't understand a word she says

by Anonymousreply 393February 17, 2021 8:29 PM

We're getting a behind the scenes Covid-19 special, hunties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394February 18, 2021 4:11 AM

But can we survive another week of Kandy?

by Anonymousreply 395February 18, 2021 12:01 PM

I wonder how many biological women will feature next season? Give the trans an inch and they'll take 4 miles.

by Anonymousreply 396February 19, 2021 7:28 AM

Newb. I’ve been watching the current season, and just finished S4 all-stars. Which are the best seasons to binge watch?

by Anonymousreply 397February 19, 2021 1:34 PM

For me: S5, S4, S3, AS2, S6, S1, S2 -- then the rest in any order. Once you hit S7, it's mostly queens who became queens to get on TV. It's no longer about drag as art (not that every drag queen was an artist, but they focused on their live acts and mostly did stuff other than just pose for Instagram). It's the beginning of queens who became queens because of the show.

by Anonymousreply 398February 19, 2021 1:51 PM

r387 that is the basic definition of drag but no longer defines it. Drag has expanded to include genderfuck, fishy queens, comedy queens, campy queens, drag kings, and trans members.

by Anonymousreply 399February 19, 2021 2:35 PM

R399 No. It hasn't. they say this, but these performers are fucking useless and stupid and belong in the gutter of straight bars.

But nobody wants to watch their stupid shit.

by Anonymousreply 400February 19, 2021 11:11 PM

Bummer

by Anonymousreply 401February 20, 2021 1:31 AM

This season is the worst!!!!! I have had enough!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402February 20, 2021 1:35 AM

[Quort] Once you hit S7, it's mostly queens who became queens to get on TV.

Most of those queens had been doing drag for years so that's impossible.

by Anonymousreply 403February 20, 2021 1:35 AM

And just when I thought the season was actually going to get good starting next week, they pulled this shit. What a crappy season!!!

by Anonymousreply 404February 20, 2021 1:36 AM

[Quote] [Quort]

Ha!

by Anonymousreply 405February 20, 2021 1:36 AM

Is it too early to discuss the Snatch Game preview? From the trailer it looks like Gottmik is Paris Hilton, Utica is Bob Ross, Denali is Jonathan Van Ness, Rose is Mary Queen of Scots, Tina Burner is Richard Simmons, Symone is Harriet Tubman (that's a choice!). I couldn't make out who Elliott and Kandy are playing.

Based on the previews, Utica's impersonation looks AWFUL so I am guessing she'll be in the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 406February 20, 2021 1:42 AM

Who sachayed away?

by Anonymousreply 407February 20, 2021 1:59 AM

R407 No one. It was a double shantay for Kandy and Symone.

by Anonymousreply 408February 20, 2021 2:03 AM

R408 which one deserved to stay?

by Anonymousreply 409February 20, 2021 2:07 AM

R409 Symone. Ru declared Symone the winner first, and called Kandy back as she was sashaying away.

by Anonymousreply 410February 20, 2021 2:08 AM

[Quote] and called Kandy back as she was sashaying away.

Did fat ass have the most airtime tonight? I know she will during untucked.

by Anonymousreply 411February 20, 2021 2:12 AM

KM is good tv.

by Anonymousreply 412February 20, 2021 2:13 AM

Kandy staying irritated me so much that I spoiled All Stars 6 for myself!

by Anonymousreply 413February 20, 2021 2:15 AM

Jeez, is it just me or does anyone else think Rose has no charisma at all. Yeah, he sang and danced fine, but it wasoveracting and not very exciting. Symone singing badly and slinking around the stage had the star quality Rose lacked, and yet she ended up on the bottom. Utica should have been on the top just for pulling it off and Tina and Kandy should have been on the bottom. I fucking hate this show.

by Anonymousreply 414February 20, 2021 2:49 AM

[Quote] I spoiled All Stars 6 for myself!

What does that mean?

by Anonymousreply 415February 20, 2021 2:51 AM

Before they even started the lipsync I said to my husband they are both staying. There was no way either were going home at this point. Especially after they keep lifting Moose up

by Anonymousreply 416February 20, 2021 2:55 AM

R415 It means that I read spoilers for All Stars 6.

by Anonymousreply 417February 20, 2021 2:59 AM

No new episode tonight?? My DVR recorded a “social media” repeat of last week.

by Anonymousreply 418February 20, 2021 3:17 AM

I just watched the LS on IG. Stop it! KANDY LOST IT! What's up with her extremely basic outfit? Wtf? Hands down so far this is the most rigged season ever!

by Anonymousreply 419February 20, 2021 3:17 AM

R4118 It was a new episode tonight. You didn’t miss much. Just my soul being crushed when Ru changed his mind and let Kandy Moose stay.

by Anonymousreply 420February 20, 2021 3:32 AM

Geez. Was that the longest Rusical ever? It seemed to go on for hours. I would have given the win to Denali. Her runway was a zillion times better than Rosé's.

I can't believe I got my hopes up that we'd at last been relieved of the odious Kandy. But no. Ru has decided to torture us for another week. Such bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 421February 20, 2021 4:37 AM

Okay, I’m an idiot. My dvr did record a new episode tonight. I can’t believe this fuckery. We almost were rid of Kandy!

Tina dated Graham Norton???

Rose’s runway outfit was hideous. He really doesn’t know how to dress for the runway. I think each week he’s had a bad outfit.

Symone! Girl, you better bring it next week! When freaking Eliott and Utica do better than you in a performance, you are in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 422February 20, 2021 6:37 AM

I was seriously concerned that Simone would saschay just because the producers seem to have such a hard-on for Kandy. No wonder they were having a shit fit on twitter when they realised Kandy is by no means likable to the audience.

by Anonymousreply 423February 20, 2021 7:00 AM

I just got banned from the Drag Race subreddit for saying the only reason Kandy stayed was because she acts trashy during Untucked.

by Anonymousreply 424February 20, 2021 7:49 AM

I think Olivia Lux won the title tonight. She didn’t win the challenge, but she turned the corner tonight from naive-looking to seriously confident. She’s there to win, and now I think she knows she can.

by Anonymousreply 425February 20, 2021 9:15 AM

I was so happy when I thought Kandy was gone..then it happened, what the hell is Ru thinking

by Anonymousreply 426February 20, 2021 11:03 AM

Lol at people bitching over Kandy staying. Who the hell takes this show do seriously? Are you all 12?

It’s obvious the only ones with star potential are Simone and Olivia. Even if they don’t win the show, they’ll win in the long run.

I hope Kandy lasts long and Mik wins just so this fragile stanship of the show blows up.

by Anonymousreply 427February 20, 2021 11:18 AM

Fuck I want to slap the grease off of KM's face. Yet all the queens seem to be genuinely happy that she stayed, so there must be content that they're not showing us.

by Anonymousreply 428February 20, 2021 1:00 PM

The A Girls were unsufferable in Untucked, clucking that "bitch you better not lose" and acting like they were at a death bed vigil.

by Anonymousreply 429February 20, 2021 1:03 PM

At this point, I'm hatewatching this. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 430February 20, 2021 1:05 PM

Brace yourselves ladies, Kandy will be there for a while. The villains usually make it to top three.

by Anonymousreply 431February 20, 2021 1:33 PM

If this is what they show and people loathe Kandy, imagine what was edited out.

by Anonymousreply 432February 20, 2021 1:47 PM

This close. She did a good lip sync tho

by Anonymousreply 433February 20, 2021 2:36 PM

Can anyone explain the orange makeup they use? Hides beards?

by Anonymousreply 434February 20, 2021 2:39 PM

^ Yeah, the orange is supposed to color correct their beards.

by Anonymousreply 435February 20, 2021 2:43 PM

Well Kandy Moose did get her wish - she's been there long enough for us all to know WHO she is and WHAT she is.......I think that's what she said. It's hard to tell.

And during UNTUCKED, dumbass girl NotGottDik was standing there trying to put herself in that group and they were ignoring the hell out of her.....hoping she would take the hint and walk away.

by Anonymousreply 436February 20, 2021 2:49 PM

I liked the part where Kandy referenced how reddit used to call her 'fat aja' (they also called her bulldog aja)

by Anonymousreply 437February 20, 2021 3:01 PM

I know this is unpopular, but I thought Kandys lip sync was better. All Symone did was stand there-at least Kandy flopped around. That being said-what a shitty LS song and EFUCKINGNOUGH with these fucking rusicals. FOREVER.

by Anonymousreply 438February 20, 2021 3:01 PM

Yah, the flopped around like an elephant seal on dry land.

by Anonymousreply 439February 20, 2021 3:03 PM

I think you are being very cruel to Kandy Moose Knuckle. Just because she has Little Debbie snack cake induced turrets and went after someone who recently recovered from cancer, and was wearing a bag while performing dance numbers?

by Anonymousreply 440February 20, 2021 3:07 PM

^^^ I mean't Tourette's. But who know's, maybe she has both.

by Anonymousreply 441February 20, 2021 3:12 PM

What was it that someone said during the read last week: "The only time Kandy isn't talking is when she's being plowed?"

by Anonymousreply 442February 20, 2021 3:18 PM

[Quote]Rose’s runway outfit was hideous. He really doesn’t know how to dress for the runway. I think each week he’s had a bad outfit.

Thr truth is Rose is an attractive guy r418, but he is not an attractive drag queen. I honestly think I'd rather see him as a male act than a drag act. But I get it, he wants to perform and there are more opportunities for him if he does it in drag.

by Anonymousreply 443February 20, 2021 3:23 PM

I thought Symone did a good job of embodying the song r438, winning a lip sync doesn't have to be about who does the most stunts.

by Anonymousreply 444February 20, 2021 3:26 PM

r434, the orange also is supposed to counteract the blue based lighting on stage, like old school newscaster makeup. However, that lighting is not used backstage.

by Anonymousreply 445February 20, 2021 3:36 PM

Kandy proved herself a contender, once again. She wins top toot of the week for that pretty yellow confection. She looked like Beyonce in the garden of Eden. Naturally she slayed the challenge. Have you seen her legs? That bitch can dance. Yes, he could lose 20 lbs to bring out his facial structure more, but I like his voluptuous look. Kandy reminds me of a young Kim Novak.

Simone is so shiny with grease. He must piss off all the other strippers.

by Anonymousreply 446February 20, 2021 3:44 PM

Anyone think Rosé looks cute out of drag? Here’s his IG. He kind of reminds me of Billy Zane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447February 20, 2021 4:55 PM

[quote]I thought Symone did a good job of embodying the song [R438], winning a lip sync doesn't have to be about who does the most stunts.

Yes, good lip syncing is more about acting out the song and using your face than how many cartwheels, splits, and death drops you can do.

by Anonymousreply 448February 20, 2021 5:02 PM

I much prefer a good lip sync that embodies the song to belly flopping and twerking and flips. Not that Kandy could do a flip.

by Anonymousreply 449February 20, 2021 5:46 PM

r443 I agree about Rose. I've noticed a lot of good looking guys make ugly drag queens. Likewise many ugly or funny looking guys make excellent, beautiful drag queens.

by Anonymousreply 450February 20, 2021 6:00 PM

Rosé has really terrible skin, she looks like Billy Zane with adult acne.

by Anonymousreply 451February 20, 2021 6:03 PM

Props to Jamal Sims who is 50 years old but was showing off his tits and looking fine.

by Anonymousreply 452February 20, 2021 6:27 PM

I really think Utica won this one. Symone looked all boy unfortunately. Candy, just so much ugh at him still being there

by Anonymousreply 453February 20, 2021 7:11 PM

R452 You also gotta give it to him for not being a complete cunt to the girls as he was going through the choreo. May we never see Todrick again!

by Anonymousreply 454February 20, 2021 7:14 PM

Kandy is a disgusting sight, has a rotted and delusional personality, and can't speak properly. By pushing forward her and GottMik, two terrible performers with all the charisma of potted plants, the show is hastening its decline. No one wants to watch Kandy Muse. No one aspires to be like her.

by Anonymousreply 455February 20, 2021 7:22 PM

The point of a double shantay has been to reward queens that serve two fabulous performances. These were not that. They were pretty even. Kandy was fine, Symone did okay, none of them SERVED it. The save wasn¨t earned and it tells the other girls that Kandy is Ru's little pet and can do no wrong. She is going to be even more insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 456February 20, 2021 7:46 PM

Kunty Moose lives to slay another day. 🤢 I’m really beginning to think she’s got a secret executive producer credit or something. Easily the worst episode so far. Thank goodness there is the UK version to look forward to. I’m only watching this season because I’ve watched from day one but boy is it trying my patience.

by Anonymousreply 457February 20, 2021 7:47 PM

People really don’t like Kandy. Like, at all. I’m confused as to why WOW is going out on a limb for her. You are literally driving fans away. Knock it off.

by Anonymousreply 458February 20, 2021 9:32 PM

I think WOW seriously miscalculated the appeal of Kandy during shooting, which is why the hard press now to redeem her. I'm sure the Pandemic special will focus almost exclusively on Kandy.

by Anonymousreply 459February 20, 2021 9:39 PM

Kandy's aggressive pursuit of Joey Jay is borderline harassment, and I am uncomfortable. She's still talking about having sex with him. He literally ran away from her (as any man would).

by Anonymousreply 460February 20, 2021 9:41 PM

Don't make me defend Kandy r460, but you know Joey Jay appreciates the screen time. Having someone still talking about him on television after he left the show? Winning.

by Anonymousreply 461February 20, 2021 10:05 PM

I’m sorry, I know it’s been stated here before, but where are you all watching Drag Race UK?

by Anonymousreply 462February 20, 2021 10:10 PM

Drag Race UK is the best!!

The Best thing about last night's episode was the charming and very pretty Anne Hathaway. She joins Elton John, Alex Trebek, Carol Channing, Patti Labelle and Dolly Damn Parton in the Drag Race Cameo Hall of Fame!

by Anonymousreply 463February 20, 2021 10:20 PM

The legal watch to watch it is through WOWPresents r462. It's 3.99/mo.

by Anonymousreply 464February 20, 2021 10:22 PM

R462 Just download it.

by Anonymousreply 465February 20, 2021 10:32 PM

See RATS the Rusical on UK Drag Race for a much better experience. It's a great concept, well done. They all sing their own parts. And the Eurovision track is a fucking HIT. UK Hun. Bing Bang Bong.

In case people forget how much better things can be, here is 1/2 the cast on episode ONE of Season 12. What a great season it was. I'm That Bitch. This ain't even the Rusical. Just an introduction.

Bitch Perfect is probably still the best Rusical of all time.

This weeks performance went on forever. It was a disaster musically AND in the queen's execution of simple choreography and costuming. They were all terrible. Denali has some mad cute dimples though and Rose can actually sing. Tina Burner is no Alexis Michelle. That's saying something....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466February 20, 2021 10:55 PM

What is so bizarre about Kandy is she believes she can get Joey. Delusional!

by Anonymousreply 467February 20, 2021 11:33 PM

Trying to decide the 5 biggest queens to come out of Drag Race:

1) Bianca

2) Shangela

Who are the others? Alyssa Edwards???

by Anonymousreply 468February 21, 2021 1:18 AM

Biggest meaning most successful?

Bianca, Trixie, Shangela, Alyssa and Miss Fame?

In terms of fan love it's Trixie, Shangela, Katya, Jinkx, Bob and Sharon.

by Anonymousreply 469February 21, 2021 1:25 AM

Most successful, R469

by Anonymousreply 470February 21, 2021 1:26 AM

Is Trixie in at the same level of success as Shangela and Bianca?

by Anonymousreply 471February 21, 2021 1:27 AM

Bianca and Trixie are in a league of their own. Easily the two most successful alums of the show.

by Anonymousreply 472February 21, 2021 1:35 AM

Trixie is rich. From merch, music and makeup.

by Anonymousreply 473February 21, 2021 1:35 AM

Trixie's set. Between her two shows with Katya, their book, her makeup line, her music, her own YouTube channel and hosting other online gigs, she's easily the most diversified of all of the queens. She doesn't have to rely on live performances to make her mortgage (I feel so fucking bad for all of the other queens out there who are scraping by on Cameos and not sure what else during Cuntvid.). She's probably worth more than any of the others at this point, short of Ru, and she's only 31.

by Anonymousreply 474February 21, 2021 2:12 AM

Don't sleep on Bianca r474. Still still has the most popular instagram account of all the alum and has been constantly doing sold out stand up tours at impressive venues since she won. Those rake in the money given it is just her and a mic, practically no overhead expenses.

by Anonymousreply 475February 21, 2021 2:23 AM

Yet neither Trixie or Bianca lip synch or do numbers. They are both very successful. Clowns in wigs who tell jokes and are "professional." But they are not the best queens of Drag Race. There are at least 30 others better than them. For the all round successful and good at everything, the winner is Shangela.

by Anonymousreply 476February 21, 2021 2:25 AM

R476 we are talking about the most successful I thought.

R475 I would never count Bianca out of ANYTHING, I certainly wasn't discounting her in the slightest. I am a fan of hers. But right now she's in Palm Springs waiting this shit out. There are no open venues right now that I'm aware of. At least she's waiting it out on a pile of money.

by Anonymousreply 477February 21, 2021 2:29 AM

Fame and Trixie are not known in the real world.

Shangela is. Bianca kinda.

by Anonymousreply 478February 21, 2021 2:40 AM

I didn't know about Trixie's makeup line. Is Willam successful? What about Latrice?

by Anonymousreply 479February 21, 2021 2:40 AM

R478 Trixie is definitely known in the real world, as much as a drag queen who isn’t RuPaul can be known. Her audience is not the same as Shangela’s or Bianca’s, she markers herself towards the teen girl demographic.

Let’s face it. The most famous drag queens from RPDR are D list at best.

by Anonymousreply 480February 21, 2021 4:09 AM

Kandy was a triple threat this week - she stunk in the Rusical, the runway AND the lip sync. I honestly think if it had been any other queen, she would have received harsher critiques especially for the Rusical. She messed up the choreo a couple of times (no big mistakes, but you could tell she messed steps) as well as also messing up the lip sync of the lyrics. Her runway look was my least favorite for design/style and make up. Not one judge commented on its awful shape - that is it had no shape other than "blob". And her make up was horrible. As mentioned already, the lip sync was about equally matched but at least Symone had movement and flow while Kandy mostly flopped around on the floor of the stage.

by Anonymousreply 481February 21, 2021 4:40 AM

I wonder if they struggled to put together a decent cast this year because of the pandemic? I’m clutching at straws to explain why it’s so very bad this time around.

by Anonymousreply 482February 21, 2021 5:13 AM

Kandy is... limited.

by Anonymousreply 483February 21, 2021 5:16 AM

R482, I think they’ve honestly just exhausted the pool of quality contestants. Now it’s just ambitious NYC BFA Musical Theater gays who can’t pass enough even for chorus work who reinvent themselves as “drag queens” but really just a tired version of their senior year solo of “Too Damn Hot” in Kiss Me Kate.

Then there’s the queens who join some of the numerous houses of Davenport and O’Hara, who’ve rarely produced a successful contestant, with the same tired moves, same tired body suits, same tired quotes...mediocrity handed down from generation to generation.

And then there’s the long rumored local legends who somehow never managed to make it on the first twelve seasons, yet everyone is aghast when their 2AM Midwestern shithole drag doesn’t hold up in the harsh glare of the TV lights.

Now, we have biological women competing which, at the very core, is antithetical to what the show is about which is men creating the illusion of the other gender. I don’t give a shit if the show and the audience wants to pat themselves on the back. There’s a woman on the stage of a drag pageant and it’s fucking BORING.

by Anonymousreply 484February 21, 2021 5:27 AM

I'll miss Tia Kofi- she's so charmingly shady. But she should have waited maybe another season and get more polished.

by Anonymousreply 485February 21, 2021 8:35 AM

That last minute save has me thinking that maybe Kandy actually wins this season. It just seems crazy how much pressure they are putting out there on insta etc for everyone to love KM. A few weeks ago I would have said it was unthinkable but now I really don't know. I hope not, but it would explain a lot of what's going on right now.

by Anonymousreply 486February 21, 2021 8:59 AM

R485 Tia had 7 months during the break in filming to get more polished and she didn’t. Good! Drag Race has made drag too polished and took the fun out of it. Tia is fine being sloppy, it helps her image.

by Anonymousreply 487February 21, 2021 9:09 AM

Are costumes provided on this show or do the gurls bring all their own?

by Anonymousreply 488February 21, 2021 1:01 PM

It seems clear that Kandy is in the top three if they are working so hard to rehab her image.

by Anonymousreply 489February 21, 2021 1:03 PM

Horny Gottmik wanted to fuck Jamal so bad and she wasn’t even hiding it! Lmao!

by Anonymousreply 490February 21, 2021 1:20 PM

r487- I'd like to agree with you, but in a 7 month lockdown, she couldn't go and perform/didn't have an audience to give her feedback. Looking at her Insta, her makeup/hair certainly has glowed up since.

I would love to see a competition between Lawrence Cheney and Kandy Muse- Lawrence would mop the floor with Kandy and show the world how big girls should be.

r488- girls bring their own.

by Anonymousreply 491February 21, 2021 1:48 PM

R485 I loved her, but her drag just didn’t have an angle; it was just cheap. She needed to up the camp factor at least. I’m happy she didn’t come back after the break looking too polished, though. I think her discount drag was part of her charm (it just needed to be campier).

by Anonymousreply 492February 21, 2021 1:50 PM

I'm going to miss Tia too. She'll be better when she gets more mileage under her heels, and figures out a way to fuse camp with her lovely body. She needs a good drag mother who themselves are a bit of a hybrid, and I think that would help. I know Katya has said she's not at all interested in that sort of thing, but I would be interested in what she could do at least coaching Tia a bit.

All that said, here's the link to the UK thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493February 21, 2021 2:43 PM

Tia Coffee ain't nothing special. Charming guy on the runway, but neither talented or beautiful. His drag was cheap and lacking style. He went one week further than he deserved to go. He's whiner and a wanker. Ru always has an attraction to the homely boy, tall skinny model types. He wants to drink their blood.

Priyanka from Canada was ready to be a star and has been fully embraced by the U.S. Drag Race family. That bitch is glamorous, bitchy, hilarious and quite bonkers.

Tia did nothing memorable at all. Back to waiting tables for that one.

by Anonymousreply 494February 21, 2021 4:43 PM

r494, I love me some Priyanka, but that bitch has been performing on camera since 1991.

by Anonymousreply 495February 21, 2021 5:06 PM

When Kandy Muse came out in that piece of shit yellow tent and plastic daisies or dandelions or whatever in her hair, I thought it was over for her. Then the judges actually PRAISED her look! What the fuck?!

by Anonymousreply 496February 21, 2021 5:10 PM

The judges crucified Tina Burner for forgetting to lip synch during the last 15 seconds of performance, but acted like Kandy pasting plastic flowers in her was the most fashion forward event of the 21st century.

I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 497February 21, 2021 5:12 PM

Kandy is being kept for the drama. No way is she going to win. Still they have to do a lot of lying and fuckery to keep her there. Because she's terrible at everything.

by Anonymousreply 498February 21, 2021 5:18 PM

Eliott has the biggest forehead I've ever seen. You could project the Cinerama version of Ben-Hur on it.

by Anonymousreply 499February 21, 2021 5:23 PM

Not a fan of Tina Burner by any stretch, but she did a great job as MC - and it was really only 5 seconds where she forgot to lip synch while dying.

by Anonymousreply 500February 21, 2021 5:25 PM

R500 Yet the judges acted like she had committed a mortal sin.

by Anonymousreply 501February 21, 2021 5:26 PM

I don't get why some of these queens aren't allowed to use their real drag names.

For instance:

Denali Foxx is simply referred to as Denali on the show.

Elliott Puckett is referred to as Elliott with 2 Ts on the show.

by Anonymousreply 502February 21, 2021 5:26 PM

I agree, R500 - I thought she was great in the challenge and I was shocked she was in the bottom .

by Anonymousreply 503February 21, 2021 5:41 PM

R488 I've always found the wardrobe/costume situation on the show to be fascinating, so after last year's Madonna Rusical I did a bit of digging to figure out what they bring costumes for and what they don't.

Generally, the queens *do not* bring costumes for Rusicals. For Rusicals, they have costumes chosen (large -- medium - small) for each role and the queen that gets the required role picks the costume for that role that fits them. According to Monet X Change, I believe, this is what happened with the costuming for the Cher Rusical. They also have seamstresses and wardrobe people to take care of the fittings. HOWEVER, I'm not sure how this works for All Stars. I know that queens on All Stars 3 had to bring their own costumes for Divas Live.

For mini-challenges and main challenges, of course, they bring their own costumes.

I believe that for design challenges the queens (sometimes) get extra help from seamstresses to finish the outfits. I'm not sure how much help they actually provide, or if it changes from season to season. For example, in season 1 the queens had assistance working on their Absolut outfits, iirc. Othertimes, they can bring their outfits to their hotel and work on them overnight. I'm really not sure how much help they get with regards to each garment, which fascinates me. I mean, they probably couldn't assist La La Ri with her outfit...

by Anonymousreply 504February 21, 2021 5:52 PM

R502 With the shit Ru gave Heidi N Closet last year, can you IMAGINE him dealing with a queen going by "Elliott Puckett"?

by Anonymousreply 505February 21, 2021 5:58 PM

Tina ending up in the bottom for that reminds me of the time that Trixie was eliminated for walking in and out of a shot during that Weird Al challenge.

Tina dropped a few lines towards the end of her song. Kandy dropped lines during her song AND during the lip sync for your life. Yet that talentless pig stays another week.

by Anonymousreply 506February 21, 2021 6:03 PM

Trixie and Jan are not having it with Tina's critiques this week on the new episode of the Pit Stop. They mostly suck Ru's clit, but I enjoy it when Trixie says the show is rigga morris.

by Anonymousreply 507February 21, 2021 9:04 PM

Do the queens know before the season starts what the maxi challenges are going to be so they can have their outfits ready? I mean, I can't imagine they can whip these things up in 24 hours. I have to believe they know well in advance.

Well, except for Kandy Muse, who looks like she puts all her stuff together in the span of five minutes.

by Anonymousreply 508February 21, 2021 10:16 PM

R508 From what I can gather, it depends. The queens get a list of about 20 "themed" outfits for the runway and mini-challenges.

I think that maxi challenge outfits are sometimes on the list, sometimes not. They have a costume department that they use for some challenges, as well, so it just depends. I listened to an interview with Bob who said that for the Bitch Perfect challenge, for example, they used a mix of their own clothes and provided outfits/accessories. They were basically presented with a bunch of items from the costume department and they could to incorporate pieces of their own wardrobe into their looks, if they wanted to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509February 21, 2021 10:23 PM

I do think Tina deserved to be in the bottom because Elliott, Utica, and Olivia were better than her IMO.

by Anonymousreply 510February 21, 2021 10:27 PM

R508 I forgot to add, from what I can gather the queens get about 2 to 3 weeks to prepare for drag race.

by Anonymousreply 511February 21, 2021 10:29 PM

This is one of the reasons that some queens with no fashion sense or hair skills sometimes look better in the the maxi challenges and Rusicals R508. They are essentially provided wardrobe, makeup and hair. It's quite noticeable. Look how great Chi Chi, Thorgy and Derrick Berry look in Bitch perfect, compared to their usual personal style choices. It's not that the wardrobe is more expensive, it just often suits them better. No winner has ever looked as bad as BoB on the runway. Week after week. Now he has money and his own stylist and makeup artist and he still looks like SHIT. Because he has very bad taste. He wore tights and pumps and a thrift store short sequin jacket for his BEST DRAG look on the final episode of season 8. With some hacked up 30 dollar wig, blue eyeshadow and garish red lipstick. He's atrocious looking and should not be judging anyone. No one takes him seriously but he gets good guests. Peppermint looks like a biological woman this week on Purse First. Bob looks like a pervert enjoying Halloween, as always. Very Gacy. Very much that, as the queens say.

Raven slipped on to Drag Race UK this week, looking skinny and gorgeous. Perfect hair, dress and makeup. Hard as nails that one, but still a vision.

by Anonymousreply 512February 21, 2021 10:36 PM

He's fucking rich and successful. Could Bob look any worse??? Peppermint is ready to take over hosting the Wendy Williams show or revive Oprah in the afternoons!! Or back to Broadway. So pretty and funny and so over BoB thinking he knows better. Peppermint is going to win All Stars 6! Like Shangela and a very few others, she could be on TV weekly, in any mainstream supporting role. I ❤️ PeP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513February 21, 2021 11:17 PM

Does peppermint have a front hole yet?

by Anonymousreply 514February 21, 2021 11:28 PM

Peppermint is a beautiful and beloved person R514. I suspect you are not.

by Anonymousreply 515February 21, 2021 11:34 PM

Not beloved by the Broadway community. Nor drag fans.

by Anonymousreply 516February 21, 2021 11:58 PM

R504 Where are you getting this info from? Thanks for sharing your findings though!

by Anonymousreply 517February 22, 2021 12:04 AM

The Pit Stop S13 E8 | Trixie Mattel & Jan Celebrate Rusical Week

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518February 22, 2021 1:26 AM

You're a liar. And the resident racist on these threads, R516. You smell like old fat white man dirty ass and stale beer. You're always wrong. God bless you.

by Anonymousreply 519February 22, 2021 2:24 AM

R519 This thread has been great without your screaming of 'racist' at everyone, for any imagined infraction of your bizarre rules. Peppermint is a crappy drag queen. As is The Vermin.

by Anonymousreply 520February 22, 2021 2:35 AM

Ah, and it took the bait. ^ Racist nutjob.^

by Anonymousreply 521February 22, 2021 2:43 AM

I'm praying for you R520. We see your hatred on these threads. Sad man. 🙏🏿

by Anonymousreply 522February 22, 2021 2:52 AM

OMG, that fat cow should have gone home.

Symone is nothing special, either.

by Anonymousreply 523February 22, 2021 3:07 AM

Next week is a "behind the scenes" Covid special, but maybe the week following will be a double elimination.

by Anonymousreply 524February 22, 2021 3:23 AM

I still can't believe there have been 8 episodes of this season but only 4 eliminations.

by Anonymousreply 525February 22, 2021 3:31 AM

Symone has to lip sync and Gottmik is in the top 3 this week.

The momentum is shifting!

by Anonymousreply 526February 22, 2021 5:06 AM

So, now the fans are losing their minds that Elliott dressed up as one of the racist taxis from The Wiz. I don't particularly LIKE Elliott, but I don't understand what the lunatic fans are expecting from her regarding all of her "microaggressions." Is she just supposed to kill herself to please them, at this rate?

by Anonymousreply 527February 22, 2021 1:11 PM

[quote]Is she just supposed to kill herself to please them, at this rate?

That would probably be the safe, sane solution.

by Anonymousreply 528February 22, 2021 1:39 PM

I think Olivia is overrated. Her outfits are mostly underwhelming and lack an edge, or cool factor. But my main problem is she looks like a mouth-breather. Her teeth make it so she can't really close her mouth. Kind of reminds me of this guy:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529February 22, 2021 1:45 PM

I can't believe that Tina dated Graham Norton, Love Graham but I guess he has no taste in men.

by Anonymousreply 530February 22, 2021 1:53 PM

Both Trixie and Jan fawned over Kandy's underwhelming runway look, so WOW has Trix towing the company line now.

by Anonymousreply 531February 22, 2021 2:10 PM

I can hardly wait to see Kandy Moose's crib this week.......or should I say.....stall.

by Anonymousreply 532February 22, 2021 3:07 PM

Will this be the lowest-rated season ever? I follow the Drag Race communities on Reddit and no one seems to be enjoying it. Thanks in large part to the spotlight on no-talent Kandy Fat, GotMik, and Tina Burner

by Anonymousreply 533February 22, 2021 3:11 PM

GotMikk I can see has a bit of talent, but Kandy seems to think putting on pretty dresses, glittery makeup and trout pout is all you need for drag. Such a difference from earlier seasons where you had pretty seasoned and battle scarred queens. It doesn’t seem like the same drag.

by Anonymousreply 534February 22, 2021 3:20 PM

I made a comment to my husband about how GottMik is ruining the show and next we'll have CIS women participating. He disagreed and gave me a lecture about it!

Anyone know a good divorce lawyer?

by Anonymousreply 535February 22, 2021 3:23 PM

Maybe CIS women doing male drag?

by Anonymousreply 536February 22, 2021 3:27 PM

GottMik is like Victor/Victoria: a woman pretending to be a man, performing as a woman

by Anonymousreply 537February 22, 2021 3:33 PM

The mean girls have fucked up this season. None are as great as they think they are. If Symone doesn't win then this truly is a rigged season.

by Anonymousreply 538February 22, 2021 4:06 PM

I like Symone, but hasn't she done a few runway looks where she's wearing suspenders?

by Anonymousreply 539February 22, 2021 4:13 PM

When I see Kandy, I don’t see girl, I see man dressed up like girl. More like Flip Wilson as Geraldine. The rest all look like girl, but not Kandy. And the voice.

by Anonymousreply 540February 22, 2021 4:15 PM

Except Flip Wilson as Geraldine was funny......KM is not.

by Anonymousreply 541February 22, 2021 5:07 PM

OMG - I just realized who Kandy Moose reminds me of......of course Kandy's makeup isn't as good.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542February 22, 2021 9:57 PM

Thanks for clarifying R541. Geraldine was funny, Kandy thinks she is!

by Anonymousreply 543February 22, 2021 10:52 PM

Oh fuck, I loved Flip Wilson. His Geraldine was fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 544February 22, 2021 11:00 PM

I loved Geraldine too. KM can't hold a candle to her.

She actually reminds of the the Largest Kardashian a couple of noses ago:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545February 22, 2021 11:50 PM

Who the fuck was Flip Wilson? I googled. (That nasty old racist hall monitor on this thread is even OLDER than I thought!) Flip Wilson performed 60 fucking years ago. Just some damn black man step and fetching in a dress for white people's amusement. #TimesUP. BLM. ✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿

[quote]His Geraldine was fabulous.

Spoken like the ancient 80 year old misogynist racist fat old white sow you are.

by Anonymousreply 546February 22, 2021 11:55 PM

[quote]Horny Gottmik wanted to fuck Jamal so bad and she wasn’t even hiding it! Lmao!

Gottmik doesn't strike me as someone who is particularly attracted to men.

by Anonymousreply 547February 23, 2021 12:30 AM

And that is why 546 is blocked. Mental. As. Fuck.

by Anonymousreply 548February 23, 2021 4:02 AM

Flip Wilson was not a drag queen you old fat sow. ^

by Anonymousreply 549February 23, 2021 4:07 AM

R547, really? Because her whole vibe is rich straight female Drag Race superfan who got her tits lopped off so she could compete on the show with a doctor’s note.

Demonstrably lusting after a handsome black man is very on brand.

by Anonymousreply 550February 23, 2021 5:10 AM

It had the highest debut of any season R533.

by Anonymousreply 551February 23, 2021 12:43 PM

Gottmik killed another performance/runway again. You may hate her, and maybe she doesn't belong on the show, but she's there and she's killing it. And still, Denali outshone her. Elliott was great in the challenge and runway, and his taxi outfit was so much better than Tina's. (Don't care what redditors/the tween/frau fanbase think about it.)

I thought Utica was 1000x better than Rose who performed well, but completely emotionless. The minute Rose stepped onto the runway in that ORANGE outfit, I thought she had lost to Utica. Even Symone showed more emotion with her being ashamed of her singing voice.

Kandy is there because the producers thought, hey "big girl" + "reminds us of Vanjie" = FAN FAVORITE. No one stepped back to realize just how unlikable she is.

Also, can we not cross-contaminate the UK race and this thread? We're not all always caught up on both and sucks to get spoiled when you're specifically avoiding one thread but read the other. I should know better, but still hopeful after all these years.

by Anonymousreply 552February 23, 2021 1:42 PM

But has the show kept viewers? A lot of my friends have stopped watching.

by Anonymousreply 553February 23, 2021 1:49 PM

Tina looks like a man. In drag. And why is she obsessed with putting objects on her boobs?

by Anonymousreply 554February 23, 2021 1:49 PM

R553, your friends have stopped watching, but armies of their nieces have started watching.

by Anonymousreply 555February 23, 2021 2:05 PM

Tina looked like she had a ton of work done. Then they showed the picture of her young with Graham Norton, and I realized that’s just her face.

by Anonymousreply 556February 23, 2021 2:06 PM

I went to Dollar Tree today and got me some of those daisies that Moose Face put in his hair......

by Anonymousreply 557February 23, 2021 3:09 PM

To be fair to Mooseknuckle, the dress was really nice, and moved very well during the lip-sync. That shower curtain hair is what brought the look down a few notches.

by Anonymousreply 558February 23, 2021 3:14 PM

Does Kandy have a Twitter account?

by Anonymousreply 559February 23, 2021 3:22 PM

[R551] Sure, coming after the highly rated Season 12 I can see why people tuned into the debut episode... then fans were soured after the "A Squad" and "B Squad" nonsense right off the bat.

by Anonymousreply 560February 23, 2021 3:38 PM

Ross is engaged.

Presented without further comment:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561February 23, 2021 4:47 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562February 23, 2021 5:41 PM

Oooooph! He sho' is UGLY!

by Anonymousreply 563February 23, 2021 5:45 PM

Tina Burner is one of those queens that has been around NYC forever. Not top tier, just kinda meh. She would never have made it on earlier seasons with the top NYC queens. Now that they have run throught them we get Tina and Kandy seocnd tier NYC queens. They really need to do a season with NO LA or NYC queens. Then we get the standouts like Heidi N Closet or Aiden Zayne. I mean if I see one more Ronald McDonald looking outfit from her - we get it you are Tina Burner...ha ha...ha...ha.

by Anonymousreply 564February 23, 2021 6:16 PM

I know we aren’t supposed to mention UK, but I like that they are not focusing on London queens like the US focus on LANYC queens.

by Anonymousreply 565February 23, 2021 7:12 PM

Ross and his fiance are tragic, Troll doll-looking gays.

by Anonymousreply 566February 23, 2021 7:46 PM

Who cares? Let's talk about the queens.

by Anonymousreply 567February 23, 2021 8:05 PM

Ross looks fine, however the transvestite at 542 looks like a dropped trifle. It is wasn't for his high voice and inflated mannerisms you wouldn't be complaining as much. I think he looks too thin now like skinny Adele. The weight loss has made his head appear quite larger than his body.

by Anonymousreply 568February 23, 2021 8:36 PM

R565 Interestingly, I don't think the whole trope of annoying New York queens became "a thing" until season 8 with Bob, Acid Betty and Thorgy. Of course, there were always queens from NYC like Bianca, Milk, Jiggly, etc. but after season 8 every fucking season had to have a trio of New York queens who just go ON and ON about how they're from NYC and how yaaaas mama they're the best because in New York you have to be what?! Sickening. It's just gotten old! Yes, I'm sure to be a successful drag queen in New York you have to be good, because there's so much competition... but from what I've seen on the show, there's better drag across the country.

by Anonymousreply 569February 23, 2021 9:37 PM

Season 10 didn't need five NY queens. I'm sure the RPDR world could have waited for Dusty Ray or Yuhua to appear on a later season.

Last year had five NY queens as well, and three of them were among the first six eliminated. The only ones who were there at the end were the Canadian and the one who was disqualified before the season even began.

by Anonymousreply 570February 23, 2021 9:47 PM

I still want a Drag Race: International Edition when this stupid virus is under control. We have Thailand, Holland, England, Canada, and U.S. Not sure if there is a Mexican or Oz RPDR. Can you imagine the homeland costume runway?

by Anonymousreply 571February 24, 2021 12:11 AM

R571 Come, sit by me.

by Anonymousreply 572February 24, 2021 12:47 AM

Wouldn’t a homeland runway on international Drag Race just be the costume segment of Miss Universe 1985?

by Anonymousreply 573February 24, 2021 1:00 AM

I kind of think that was the point, r573 Just done by drag queens.

by Anonymousreply 574February 24, 2021 1:06 AM

Bianca in London musical "Jamie"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575February 24, 2021 1:31 AM

Bianca is no Peppermint. Or Rose. Or Alexis Michele. Which alumni sang opera? I forget. Latrice and Kennedy Davenport performed at 54 below together. It was terrible. I wish that people who can't sing would stop singing live on Broadway. Or TV, Miss Valentina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576February 24, 2021 2:08 AM

And I know he watches me....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577February 24, 2021 2:13 AM

Which Drag Race judge are you most like? Take the quiz. I'm mortified to learn that my soul aligns with Carson Kressley? Truly I am horrified. I should have lied on that last question....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578February 24, 2021 5:18 AM

^If your answers show contempt for the show, you too will get Mother RuPaul at the quiz above.

by Anonymousreply 579February 24, 2021 11:09 AM

R398 - following your order. S5 was okay - I loved Jinkx, Roxxxy was an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 580February 24, 2021 12:42 PM

Utica is grotesque in and out of drag. Who told him that he was funny?

by Anonymousreply 581February 24, 2021 1:30 PM

Kandy is grotesque in and out of drag. Who told him that he was funny?

by Anonymousreply 582February 24, 2021 1:51 PM

I actually think Utica has potential, if he pulled by the over the top face making comedy and revised his make-up he could actually look good, instead of a clown.

by Anonymousreply 583February 24, 2021 1:53 PM

Utica could be stunning if she have more of a model aesthetic than clown. Something like this Katya look would look great on her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584February 24, 2021 2:02 PM

have = had, duh

by Anonymousreply 585February 24, 2021 2:03 PM

By focusing so much on Kandy, you guys play right into the producers hands. If you want Kandy and future Kandy types to go away, you stop talking about them.

by Anonymousreply 586February 24, 2021 2:05 PM

I hope Utica is reading this and takes heed.

by Anonymousreply 587February 24, 2021 2:09 PM

When this thread is used up - like momma's messy mussy - head here for part 3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588February 24, 2021 4:01 PM

R586 is right. In fact, I still haven't watched last week's Untucked because I figured it would be mostly around Kandy, and I'm tired of looking at that face and hearing that voice.

by Anonymousreply 589February 24, 2021 4:39 PM

[quote]If you want Kandy and future Kandy types to go away, you stop talking about them.

Or you could just stop watching altogether.

by Anonymousreply 590February 24, 2021 4:46 PM

[quote]Or you could just stop watching altogether

But still interested enough to post in the threads

by Anonymousreply 591February 24, 2021 4:48 PM

Beats watching the show if these recent threads are any indication.

by Anonymousreply 592February 24, 2021 4:49 PM

Kandy is the worst contestant and ugliest person to ever be featured on the series.

by Anonymousreply 593February 24, 2021 6:34 PM

Calm your hate. You sound like a monster yourself R593.

by Anonymousreply 594February 24, 2021 7:09 PM

How soon we forget, R593...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595February 24, 2021 7:10 PM

R594 I do need to calm my vitriol. It's not healthy. R595 At least Sherry Pie was a decent drag artist.

by Anonymousreply 596February 24, 2021 7:16 PM

R596 Yeah, but she's still literally the WORST contestant to compete on the show, sorry!!!

by Anonymousreply 597February 24, 2021 7:17 PM

Fat ass is a dirty smelly cunt!

by Anonymousreply 598February 24, 2021 7:31 PM

Fat ass is talentless!

by Anonymousreply 599February 24, 2021 7:31 PM

Fat ass is delusional!

by Anonymousreply 600February 24, 2021 7:32 PM

Fat ass and her "career" will go nowhere!

by Anonymousreply 601February 24, 2021 7:32 PM

[Quote] Yeah, but she's still literally the WORST contestant to compete on the show, sorry!!!

Sherry wasn't the worst. Her "real life" person is the worst but you knew that.

by Anonymousreply 602February 24, 2021 7:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!