Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

President Biden Takes Charge, Boldly Vowing to Vaccinate America By End of Summer

[QUOTE]"To a nation waiting for action, let me be clear: Help is on the way," Biden said Tuesday after announcing the purchase of another 200 million vaccines and a hike in distribution to states within days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227December 9, 2021 1:26 AM

YES.

by Anonymousreply 1January 27, 2021 2:54 PM

Do your part: get vaccinated if you have the opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 2January 27, 2021 2:55 PM

We’ll be back in the movie theaters in time for Halloween Kills!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 27, 2021 3:01 PM

Trudeau says the same thing here in Canada. "Every Canadian that wants a vaccine will have one by September".

by Anonymousreply 4January 27, 2021 4:20 PM

It will come down to who is willing to pay the most, Biden is just paying more and other countries will get less because they couldn't match the price.

by Anonymousreply 5January 27, 2021 4:23 PM

Imagine if we had this kind of leadership months ago. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 6January 27, 2021 4:25 PM

[QUOTE] Imagine if we had this kind of leadership months ago. Oh well.

We could’ve had it four years ago. But her emails.

by Anonymousreply 7January 27, 2021 4:30 PM

Big deal.

I said anyone who wants a test can get a test. That worked out well, until I said slow the testing down, please.

by Anonymousreply 8January 27, 2021 4:45 PM

I LOVE the idea BUT it's not going to happen that fast. Imposible. Dump/Repigs fucked us over. We need to accept it may take a little longer. Suck it up.

by Anonymousreply 9January 27, 2021 4:49 PM

Is that what you said after John F. Kennedy vowed to take us to the moon, R9? This is America and we can either get it done or get damn close. It’s time to show the world that this nation is back in business.

by Anonymousreply 10January 27, 2021 4:52 PM

If you damn libtards had just drank bleach like Our Lord and Savior Donald J. Trump told you, you wouldn't be in this mess now.

When are you every going to learn your lessons and listen to The Almighty Donald?

by Anonymousreply 11January 27, 2021 4:56 PM

I am immunocompromised but my shithole state doesn't allow priority placement for my condition, just general public, so this is great news.

Since the grownups are back in charge, I went looking for a sort of daily recap of all the new progress. If anyone's interested, I found this well-sourced digest with a daily email option.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 27, 2021 4:57 PM

As his old running mate would say, "Just words...."

Let's save the congratulatory blowjobs for when he actually achieves these miracles he's been predicting for the past year.

by Anonymousreply 13January 27, 2021 4:58 PM

Oops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 27, 2021 4:58 PM

Ya botched the link r12, but I love ya anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 27, 2021 4:58 PM

What miracles has Joe Biden been predicting for the past year, R13?

by Anonymousreply 16January 27, 2021 4:59 PM

Thanks r15, Mwah!

by Anonymousreply 17January 27, 2021 5:01 PM

R16 Playing dumb isn't cute at your age.

by Anonymousreply 18January 27, 2021 5:02 PM

R13 has been trolling for days, this morning he was talking about bashing Democrats. Ignore his stanky butt.

by Anonymousreply 19January 27, 2021 5:02 PM

We have a science-based government again. They are actually WORKING. Unlike what was before, committing crimes, lying and letting everyone die.

by Anonymousreply 20January 27, 2021 5:14 PM

R19 Today you accused me of bashing Democrats yesterday (because I dared to criticize a couple of cunts) and I responded that some deserve to be bashed. By bashed you were referring to Democrats being criticized. So was I. So don't try turning this around and claim I'm talking about physical assault. It's dishonest people like you who deserve to be bashed. Pick your definition on that one.

by Anonymousreply 21January 27, 2021 5:16 PM

R18 I’m assuming you’re R13? If so, could you just cite some examples of these Biden miracle promises instead of cracking jokes?

by Anonymousreply 22January 27, 2021 5:19 PM

[quote]This is America and we can either get it done or get damn close. It’s time to show the world that this nation is back in business.

I am all for positive thinking but I think after the past few years I've learned the differences between blue states and red states when comes to science. Luckily I live in a blue one so we'll be just fine and I truly hope the same for everyone out there!

by Anonymousreply 23January 27, 2021 5:55 PM

[QUOTE]President Joe Biden announced several changes to the country’s COVID-19 vaccine supply and distribution plans late Tuesday, in an effort to streamline and increase vaccinations in states, tribal areas and territories.

[QUOTE]Biden also stated that the U.S. vaccine distribution policy would become more regular and predictable. To-date, governors have bemoaned the irregularity of deliveries of unknown quantities, which made scheduling appointments nearly impossible week-to-week in most states.

[QUOTE]“Until now we’ve had to guess how much vaccine to expect for the next week. From this week forward ... we will ensure states tribes and territories will always have a reliable three-week forecast,” Biden said.

[QUOTE]The allocation will also increase to about 10 million doses weekly, or about 1.4 million more than currently allocated, Biden said. The more than 15% increase in doses is also a significant increase from the nearly 4 million per week being shipped prior to Biden taking office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 27, 2021 5:59 PM

I'm glad they're able to move this quickly, I'd assumed Trump and his idiot administration had screwed everything up so badly that it would be weeks before we even got to this point.

by Anonymousreply 25January 27, 2021 6:09 PM

I had dose #1 (Pfizer) yesterday. Need to schedule dose #2 for mid-Feb. Is there a good resource for explaining the do's and don'ts post-vaccine?

by Anonymousreply 26January 27, 2021 6:14 PM

FWIW, r26, I’ve heard no dos or don’ts other than waiting 15 minutes minimum at the vaccination site to ensure you don’t have a reaction.

A doctor said on the news in my area that their hospitals are scheduling 2-3 days off for those employees who get the vaccine because it [italic]may[/italic] make you feel weak or tired the next day. He said no one has needed it yet.

I’m glad you got it and look forward to getting mine.

by Anonymousreply 27January 27, 2021 6:59 PM

[QUOTE] I had dose #1 (Pfizer) yesterday. Need to schedule dose #2 for mid-Feb. Is there a good resource for explaining the do's and don'ts post-vaccine?

I’ve never heard of anything you need to do differently or watch out for after getting the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 28January 28, 2021 2:54 PM

If the J&J vaccine turns out well, I think it could be before that. One shot, kept in a regular refrigerator, will make this vaccine the standard, even if it is only 80%.

by Anonymousreply 29January 28, 2021 3:29 PM

[QUOTE] Yet in the days since taking over, the Covid response team has confronted a situation that officials described as far worse than expected — and that has prompted public assessments so dour they surprised some who had worked on the administration's former transition team.

[QUOTE]On Tuesday, Biden warned that the "vaccine program is in worse shape than we anticipated or expected," echoing complaints from his chief of staff, Ron Klain, that a "plan didn't really exist."

[QUOTE]Biden's Covid response team has since made a concerted effort not to heap blame on the Trump administration, one official said — even as their vague allusions to a worse-than-expected situation have prompted speculation about what specific problems they've encountered.

[QUOTE]But people with knowledge of the response detailed fresh concerns that are centered largely on the federal government's vaccine supply. Biden's team is still trying to get a firm grasp on the whereabouts of more than 20 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine that the federal government bought and distributed to states but has yet to record as being administered to patients.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 30, 2021 3:54 PM

President Biden says we’ll have enough doses to vaccinate every American by July!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31February 11, 2021 9:25 PM

July?! Not good enough. Do better. I have Easter dinners and Memorial Day BBQs planned.

by Anonymousreply 32February 11, 2021 9:31 PM

Under 65 with no health risks so I will be in the last group to be vaccinated. I hope they get them moving.

by Anonymousreply 33February 11, 2021 9:35 PM

Amateurs, the UK has bought over 400 million doses to vaccinate 52 million adults, we'll be getting our 8th shot by September.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 11, 2021 9:42 PM

It's so nice to have someone with a plan. There's finally an end in sight to all this crap.

by Anonymousreply 35February 11, 2021 10:00 PM

President Biden rocks!

by Anonymousreply 36February 11, 2021 11:31 PM

President Biden says we’ll be wearing masks until 2022.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37February 12, 2021 3:41 PM

Yeah, you still have to wear a mask even if vaccinated, we've known that for months.

by Anonymousreply 38February 12, 2021 3:48 PM

Well there’s still plenty of people out there who believe otherwise, R38. Shit, there’s people who aren’t even wearing masks now. What do you think it’s going to be like after most of us get vaccinated?

by Anonymousreply 39February 12, 2021 3:55 PM

Is he going to do it all himself? I don't think I want his hands on my exposed shoulder. I might faint at the touch of such a powerful man.

by Anonymousreply 40February 12, 2021 4:10 PM

No he’s not going to do it all himself, R40. He doesn’t need to. He just needs to LEAD. That’s what America has been missing in this fight: a LEADER at the federal level with the power to marshal and coordinate forces across 50 states.

by Anonymousreply 41February 12, 2021 4:17 PM

Your crazy Adderall uncle has moved to Florida. Daddy's back in the house.

by Anonymousreply 42February 12, 2021 4:56 PM

Dr. Fauci says the floodgates will open in April. That’s when everybody starts getting vaccinated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 14, 2021 1:00 AM

What's happening with his hair in the OPs photo?

by Anonymousreply 44February 14, 2021 1:02 AM

Way to focus on the important things, R44.

by Anonymousreply 45February 14, 2021 1:09 AM

Won’t happen. All the politicians are promising us these insane timelines

by Anonymousreply 46February 14, 2021 1:15 AM

I’m over 65 and have 3 co-morbidities and every time I check my County government website for vaccine sites/appointments it says “None available.”

I’m in NY.

by Anonymousreply 47February 14, 2021 1:22 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48February 17, 2021 2:16 AM

They are making the J&J vaccine here but I hope by the time they get to me I can still get the Pfizer or Moderna which are more effective.

by Anonymousreply 49February 24, 2021 9:42 PM

I wish they could hurry the fuck up! What's the point of being the "wealthiest nation" in the world if we can't pay more and cut the line for our shots? Flex that muscle Biden and get this shit done. I have vacations to plan and we only have so many years left as the world's leader.

by Anonymousreply 50February 24, 2021 9:51 PM

[QUOTE] get vaccinated if you have the opportunity.

unless you’re an urban black or Latino, then by all means make us BEG you to get the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 51February 24, 2021 10:04 PM

If he can't fix that awkward hair in the back, I don't have much hope for his promise to get us all vaccinated by the end of the summer.

by Anonymousreply 52February 24, 2021 10:19 PM

They are setting up special programs for the minorities here to get vaccinated. I am an average white guy under 65 so it will be a long wait for me. I wish they would have had a lottery like they did in the movie Contagion then there is a chance I wouldn't be last in line.

by Anonymousreply 53February 24, 2021 10:22 PM

I am glad my grandma got the vaccine but some of the people who live in her retirement place are 90+ and on their last legs to begin with, seems like the younger people who still have a long life ahead of them should have got vaccines first. Yes I know I sound bitter, I keep seeing people post about getting the vaccine while I still have a long wait.

by Anonymousreply 54February 24, 2021 10:24 PM

We are rattling through vaccination here in the UK. They reckon everyone will have been offered a vaccination by 31 July.

I've got mine next week.

by Anonymousreply 55February 24, 2021 10:41 PM

I got my second Pfizer vaccination today. Good timing, since I deploy on Monday to Maryland for the DC metro area vaccination program.

I'm in eastern NC, where the local hospital system, National Guard and a list of state organizations have combined to take over the convention center. A remarkable effort, very well organized, well staffed and moving folks through very efficiently. Pretty impressive, and running seven days a week, ten hour days.

I hope the Maryland set-up works as well. I have co-workers in Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon, Washington and Ohio where some of the vaccination centers were disorganized messes. They are improving though.

by Anonymousreply 56February 24, 2021 10:53 PM

My parents and my sister have been vaccinated here in CA. CA seems to be doing things right when it comes to how they are doing the vaccines.

by Anonymousreply 57February 24, 2021 10:54 PM

I too wish there was a lottery or perhaps a age band timeline. I keep hearing a lot of projections but not a tangibles. The rest of the developed world is kicking our ass, well maybe not Canada. I don't think we should have done this age bullshit. Treat it like voting. If grandma wants a shot she can wait her ass in line like everyone else. God knows her old ass got to live life already. The rest of us with actual things to do aren't too keen on this wait and see and maybe the summer mumble jumbo from the government.

I'm proud Biden supporter but I'm frustrated and tired of this preferential treatment. Also, I know of healthcare workers that aren't in important roles that got their shots just because the states had such large blanket policies. I'm fine with people getting them, but I'm like really bitch, the girl that gets the room ready at a dental office is a vital healthcare worker? Oh, please.

by Anonymousreply 58February 24, 2021 11:09 PM

r58 they gave vaccinations in the first round to hospital clerical workers here who were WORKING FROM HOME. That's some bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 59February 24, 2021 11:14 PM

You're doing ok USA.

The main thing it to get as many people vaccinated as quickly as possible. Last thing we want is for the virus to mutate and make this first shot ineffective for large numbers of people. We're going to have to ramp up global vaccination production hubs, so that if we're hit with a resistant strain, we can respond quickly to it.

by Anonymousreply 60February 24, 2021 11:56 PM

No matter how much the virus mutates, the vaccine will still help.

by Anonymousreply 61February 25, 2021 12:00 AM

The infection rate is decreasing, it could be coincidence but more people are being vaccinated and the rates are down.

by Anonymousreply 62February 25, 2021 12:06 AM

That's good to hear r60 but I'm a bit peeved that Israel was able to effective vaccinate everyone while we sit here looking like fools. Like damn they get billions a year from us, as a receiver nation they should not be outdoing us. Frustrating.

Not sure what poor countries have been getting up to but I hope their governments take out loans to get their orders in.

by Anonymousreply 63February 25, 2021 1:51 AM

Israel vaccinated everyone? They had 5000 new cases today. When will we see the effect of the vaccine?

by Anonymousreply 64February 25, 2021 2:24 AM

Texas is predicted to reach herd immunity by June, based upon current infection and vaccination rates.

by Anonymousreply 65February 25, 2021 2:39 AM

[QUOTE] The infection rate is decreasing, it could be coincidence but more people are being vaccinated and the rates are down.

I think it’s just a coincidence for now.

by Anonymousreply 66February 25, 2021 3:58 PM

$500M ad campaign launching to encourage vaccinations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67February 25, 2021 6:46 PM

The Biden administration is planning to provide states with estimates of their expected vaccine shipments likely months ahead of time rather than weeks, according to multiple sources with knowledge.

The longer planning window, which is expected to start as soon as next week, could address concerns from governors who had complained that limited shipment forecasts affect their ability to plan vaccination clinics and figure out where to steer doses. And it represents the growing confidence among vaccine makers and the Biden administration in the production of shots, with substantial boosts in supply expected over the coming weeks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68February 26, 2021 12:47 AM

John & Johnson one-shot vaccine approved by the FDA. They’re vowing to flood the distribution chain with millions more doses in the coming weeks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69February 27, 2021 12:44 AM

I am a low income young guy so I will probably get stuck with the J&J vaccine. I would prefer the Pfizer and Moderna since they seems to have a greater effect against Covid.

by Anonymousreply 70February 27, 2021 9:39 PM

I’m sure you can choose which vaccine you want, R70. There will be enough of each for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 71February 28, 2021 4:46 PM

Lord I wish Dr. Jill would make him get his hair at the neck line trimmed and tapered to his neck. That just look horrible on an old man.

by Anonymousreply 72February 28, 2021 4:48 PM

The sooner everyone gets vaccinated...the sooner we can be done with masks, social distancing, and half-empty bars and restaurants.

by Anonymousreply 73February 28, 2021 4:49 PM

R58, they did that because people take off their mask at the dentist’s office. Anyone cleaning the room is cleaning a room that’s had a bunch of Covid-denying Republicans who go everywhere with no masks in it. I’d be happy if they gave the dentist’s janitor the vaccine in the first round.

I went to Quest labs recently, never took off my mask. I went to get a CAT scan, only took off my mask in the machine (metal nosepiece). The second I was out, it was back on. I went to my eye doctor, never took my mask off the whole time he and the nurse examined me.

At the dentist, there’s no way you’re not directly exposed. And if you’re sick, you’re spraying virus all over everything, not just the dentist. So I’m okay with that.

by Anonymousreply 74February 28, 2021 5:01 PM

I actually enjoy the half-empty bars and restaurants part.

by Anonymousreply 75February 28, 2021 5:04 PM

[quote] I’m sure you can choose which vaccine you want, [R70]. There will be enough of each for everyone.

That is doubtful. Each concern administering the vaccinations (so far) has one specific vaccine. I can't see them at any time stocking multiple vaccines so that people can pick and choose.

by Anonymousreply 76March 1, 2021 3:40 PM

How authoritarian!

by Anonymousreply 77March 1, 2021 3:43 PM

And don't forget draconian!

by Anonymousreply 78March 1, 2021 3:43 PM

Now I read if you're fat the Pfizer vaccine is less effective. That is half of America.

by Anonymousreply 79March 2, 2021 1:20 AM

President Biden says we’ll have enough vaccine for every adult by May.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80March 2, 2021 9:59 PM

That would be great to get the vaccine before summer r80

by Anonymousreply 81March 3, 2021 2:52 AM

But what will the Forever Maskers do if everyone is vaccinated by then. We don’t want to spoil their “fun” now. Hopefully some new, out-of-control variants will spring up by May to keep things interesting and shut down!

by Anonymousreply 82March 3, 2021 2:56 AM

^^Another big, tough trumpnazi who’s to delicate to wear a mask

by Anonymousreply 83March 3, 2021 2:58 AM

Don't worry r82, where I live in Michigan so many people are saying they won't take the vaccine that we will probably get some new strain of Covid here to keep things lively. I live in Betsy DeVos town but what is funny is that tRUMP had a rally here the night before election and the next day we flipped blue and Biden won our district.

by Anonymousreply 84March 3, 2021 2:59 AM

R83, I’m a diehard Hillary-lovin, Biden-votin, Beto-lusting Democrat. I’m just making fun of DLers who want to wear masks forever, up to and beyond the point of herd immunity.

by Anonymousreply 85March 3, 2021 3:09 AM

r85 I was the Michigan poster above and the one thing nice about masks is in February when it was freezing here I liked wearing one outside to keep my face warm. But it will be a different story in the summer.

by Anonymousreply 86March 3, 2021 3:11 AM

[quote] I’m a diehard Hillary-lovin, Biden-votin, Beto-lusting Democrat.

If it quacks rightwing talking points like a trumpnazi, it’s a trumpnazi.

by Anonymousreply 87March 3, 2021 3:12 AM

I love my mask for that reason too, R86. It’s been chilly here in NYC lately.

Not tomorrow, though—should be nearly 50°!

by Anonymousreply 88March 3, 2021 3:13 AM

Whatever you wanna call me then, R87. I couldn’t care less.

by Anonymousreply 89March 3, 2021 3:14 AM

Then why are you trolling?

by Anonymousreply 90March 3, 2021 3:15 AM

I’m going to have a hard time adjusting back to normal life once we all get vaccinated. Anyone else? I’ve gotten used to working from home and being alone and not having to socialize. I can’t believe I’m even typing this. It is weird how you adapt as time passes. The thought of returning to the office and commuting on the subway and having to make plans with people again gives me anxiety.

Just me?

But aside from my pathologically introverted craziness, this is great news.

by Anonymousreply 91March 3, 2021 3:33 AM

r91 I loved being able to get out of family obligations, especially during the holidays. So relaxing to only worry about Thanksgiving and Christmas with my partner, not having to go to the obligatory family celebrations.

by Anonymousreply 92March 3, 2021 3:40 AM

r82 is a total idiot who thinks hes funny

by Anonymousreply 93March 3, 2021 7:50 AM

[quote]Johnson & Johnson one-shot vaccine approved by the FDA.

Hopefully that will take care of the poors and that will leave the good stuff for the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 94March 3, 2021 8:09 AM

r92 exactly lol.

by Anonymousreply 95March 3, 2021 2:12 PM

Yeah he will. Biden has done more in one month than the Dump did in 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 96March 3, 2021 2:36 PM

Michigan is getting over 82,000 doses of the J&J so I will probably end up with that. Hopefully it will be effective enough. I read Pfizer may not be as effective on fatties and after gaining some Covid pounds maybe I am better off with the other kind of vaccines.

by Anonymousreply 97March 3, 2021 6:00 PM

J&J is only 64% effective for the south african variant (which is in my state).

i get that it's 100% effective against death and hospitalization, but sue me if I don't want that to be my standard? i would rather not get COVID at all?

if possible, i would want pfizer or moderna. give the college kids J&J.

by Anonymousreply 98March 3, 2021 6:02 PM

Unfortunately I don't think I have a choice.

by Anonymousreply 99March 3, 2021 6:09 PM

I'm not putting that shit in my body if I can help it.

There is no possible way this is good as fast as this all came about.

At the start of this whole thing the dialogue was that it would take years to get a vaccine. Now in less than a year all of a sudden there is a vaccine? Were they already anticipating doing something like this to have something available so fast?

It's amazing there are not more people questioning this, COVID brainwashing has been successful.

Now everybody stick electrodes up your ass and plug them into a socket, it will make you healthier, TPTB said so.

by Anonymousreply 100March 3, 2021 6:22 PM

r100 I read something about that being similar to a SARS vaccine so they could build off that. I am not a scientist, only play one on tv.

by Anonymousreply 101March 3, 2021 6:26 PM

[quote] COVID brainwashing has been successful.

You are proof positive of that.

by Anonymousreply 102March 3, 2021 6:28 PM

R100, you’re an idiot.

We’ve discussed this here ad nauseam and it’s not fast at all. And all the doctors said it would take a year to 18 months for a vaccine. They had the genetic code in January of 2020. They’ve been working on coronavirus vaccines for decades.

by Anonymousreply 103March 3, 2021 7:29 PM

[quote] J&J is only 64% effective for the south african variant (which is in my state)

Moderna and Pfizer have not been trialed with these variants, so we don’t know what their efficacy will be (though so far the experts are saying they expect it to work fine, they just don’t have the data to back it up), but J&J has been tested against the SA variant.

by Anonymousreply 104March 3, 2021 7:31 PM

[quote]i get that it's 100% effective against death and hospitalization, but sue me if I don't want that to be my standard?

Ok, I will. And I’ll take it all the way up to Supreme Foods if necessary.

by Anonymousreply 105March 3, 2021 7:32 PM

JUST got my jab today, from FEMA. so go, joe, GO!

by Anonymousreply 106March 3, 2021 7:32 PM

^^Oooooh, who’s FEMA, you little slut?

by Anonymousreply 107March 3, 2021 7:35 PM

Did any of you have the vaccination chair?

by Anonymousreply 108March 3, 2021 7:39 PM

I hope so. Then all the businesses will be open including my mussy.

by Anonymousreply 109March 3, 2021 7:42 PM

[quote] Did any of you have the vaccination chair?

Is that like a rim seat?

by Anonymousreply 110March 3, 2021 9:29 PM

[QUOTE] I hope so. Then all the businesses will be open including my mussy.

As if your mussy ever closed.

by Anonymousreply 111March 3, 2021 10:53 PM

I am so happy, I got the call today. Scheduled for the Pfizer vaccine on Thursday. I have to go to our convention center to get it where they set up a clinic. It's going to be a hassle parking, etc. but I am just happy to be able to get it. I thought I would get the J&J since our state just ordered a bunch but am getting the Pfizer.

by Anonymousreply 112March 7, 2021 8:02 PM

I am chubs and Daily Mail said Pfizer may be less effective on fat people but then again that is the Daily Mail and I will take it with a grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 113March 7, 2021 8:05 PM

The Mayor of Detroit turned down the J&J vaccine saying the people of Detroit deserve the better vaccines. He is in hot water for saying that because they are supposed to be saying all 3 vaccines are good.

by Anonymousreply 114March 7, 2021 8:38 PM

[QUOTE] I am chubs and Daily Mail said Pfizer may be less effective on fat people but then again that is the Daily Mail and I will take it with a grain of salt.

I’ve got news for you, R113. Everything is less effective on fat people. Every Single Thing. Every medication. Every natural supplement. Every medical procedure. Obesity puts you at risk for all of those things not working as well as on as they would on a lean person with a normal BMI. That includes vaccines. So no, the DailyMail isn’t wrong. The reduced efficacy of the vaccines on larger people was reported long ago.

by Anonymousreply 115March 7, 2021 8:57 PM

[quote] He is in hot water for saying that because they are supposed to be saying all 3 vaccines are good.

That’s because they are.

They all have the same efficacy of preventing serious illness and death from COVID.

by Anonymousreply 116March 7, 2021 9:00 PM

I see the Catholics are saying no to the J&J vaccine because it used aborted fetuses.

by Anonymousreply 117March 7, 2021 9:10 PM

President Biden delivering a Primetime address tonight on the anniversary of the Pandemic declaration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118March 11, 2021 3:30 PM

Got my first dose of the Pfizer today. YAY! They opened up the convention center here and there were tons of people there but it was so organized.

by Anonymousreply 119March 11, 2021 6:11 PM

We’re now vaccinating 2 million ppl a day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120March 11, 2021 8:50 PM

President Biden opening up the vaccine to all adults by May 1st.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121March 11, 2021 11:40 PM

I voted for Joe, but I still want to say he has just come out guns blazing. Such an effective first 100 days in office.

by Anonymousreply 122March 11, 2021 11:46 PM

President Biden will announce in his primetime address tonight that we’ll be holding gatherings again this July 4th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123March 11, 2021 11:56 PM

What his administration/Dem Congress accomplished in 1st 50 days exceeded my expectations, but then given what we had for the 4 yrs prior, it's understandable.

by Anonymousreply 124March 12, 2021 12:15 AM

Most consequential first 100 days EVAH!

by Anonymousreply 125March 12, 2021 12:18 AM

Agreed r124. I think Joe is doing great, but he certainly shines in comparison to Dump anyway.

by Anonymousreply 126March 12, 2021 12:21 AM

I love this man, faults and all. he is decent.

by Anonymousreply 127March 12, 2021 12:25 AM

R127 he’s a really good guy but more important, he’s extremely competent.

by Anonymousreply 128March 12, 2021 12:26 AM

@fowerli

[quote] This thing drips with insincerity. It's actually pretty hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129March 12, 2021 12:33 AM

They need to get rid of that Filibuster, so the rest of his agenda can get passed.

by Anonymousreply 130March 12, 2021 12:43 AM

A new wave of Coronavirus sweeps Europe while America steadily marches toward full vaccination thanks to President Biden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131March 15, 2021 3:22 PM

REPUBLICAN AND fox news: "how dare he try to help us, we are free, we have freedom!"...."he's trying to be a dictator!"...

by Anonymousreply 132March 15, 2021 3:26 PM

I have to laugh at these thread titles that seek to make Biden sound like a take-charge, bold kind of guy

by Anonymousreply 133March 15, 2021 3:52 PM

Oh, like the last take charge guy? The one who vowed to run his administration like a business?

by Anonymousreply 134March 15, 2021 4:18 PM

R133, he actually is. Why do you think we’re getting better every day re covid?

by Anonymousreply 135March 15, 2021 5:55 PM

[QUOTE] I have to laugh at these thread titles that seek to make Biden sound like a take-charge, bold kind of guy

I have to laugh at people like R133 who keep underestimating him, foolishly believing that he’s some sort of feeble old man. That’s why I want him to run again in 2024. Nothing is more advantageous than the gift of underestimation.

by Anonymousreply 136March 16, 2021 12:03 AM

President Biden doubles vaccination goal to 200 million in his first 100 days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137March 26, 2021 1:01 AM

Let's do a little math. Given we have 330,000,000 people in the U..S. Divide that by 6 months and it means we have to vaccinate 55 million people per month. Seeing as how we're at 2 million it's going to take a massive amount of effort to get everyone vaccinated by September.

by Anonymousreply 138March 26, 2021 1:10 AM

R138... 2 million? Check that number.

by Anonymousreply 139March 26, 2021 1:16 AM

My book, "Beautiful Things", is available April 6th.

by Anonymousreply 140March 26, 2021 1:16 AM

R138 Hopefully many Deplorables will die off by then.

by Anonymousreply 141March 26, 2021 1:17 AM

[quote]We could’ve had it four years ago. But her emails.

R7 We could indeed have had dear Joe Biden four years ago, who could have defeated Trump, but Democrats insisted on running that she-demon Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 142March 26, 2021 6:28 AM

You are correct there, R142. The Democratic Party, chiefly President Obama, could’ve pushed Joe Biden to run in 2016 if they wanted but instead they were too concerned about his “gaffes.” Plus it was her turn.

by Anonymousreply 143March 26, 2021 3:18 PM

I may be wrong about this, but didn’t Biden decline to run in 2016 due to his son’s cancer diagnosis?

by Anonymousreply 144March 26, 2021 3:21 PM

R138 the number is much higher than 2 million. As of yesterday 27% of NYers weee vaccinated. That’s across the entire state including NYC and is 27% of total population, not just those eligible to get it right now.

I am feeling cautiously optimistic.

by Anonymousreply 145March 26, 2021 3:39 PM

I'm liking him better than Obama so far: no big-business bailouts yet, no negotiating endlessly with the GOP, emergency relief funds to families, and this vaccine rollout is going pretty well.

by Anonymousreply 146March 26, 2021 3:45 PM

R145, you’re right. R128 has not corrected his number, on which he based his whole argument. We’ll be in great shape by mid-summer, I think.

by Anonymousreply 147March 26, 2021 4:14 PM

He proved that there is nothing more progressive than a straight white male and that all dissent from the Democratic Party establishment is manufactured dissent, especially that reactionary stealth rethug Jimmy Dore.

by Anonymousreply 148March 26, 2021 4:45 PM

[QUOTE] I may be wrong about this, but didn’t Biden decline to run in 2016 due to his son’s cancer diagnosis?

He had already died by then. Like I said, he could’ve been convinced to run. Instead Obama weaponized Joe’s grief to keep him out of the race. He didn’t want Joe to run in 2020 either, but thankfully Joe said fuck it and ran anyway.

by Anonymousreply 149March 27, 2021 5:43 AM

Turns out Americans hate the idea of mass vaccination sites, so the Biden administration is quickly changing course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150March 29, 2021 1:17 PM

R138, NPR has a vaccine tracker, right now it's showing close to 51M vaccinated, far more than 2M.

You may have meant 2M per day, which is what we were at earlier this month, but now it's nearly 3M per day.

At this rate, everyone will be vaccinated in just under 100 days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151March 29, 2021 1:24 PM

Odd. The New York Times is showing a much slower vaccination rate.

by Anonymousreply 152March 29, 2021 1:39 PM

this is what I use

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153March 29, 2021 1:49 PM

Wow, the one at R153 is showing double what NPR has.

by Anonymousreply 154March 29, 2021 2:34 PM

Maybe that’s people who have taken at least one dose, as opposed to fully vaccinated?

by Anonymousreply 155March 29, 2021 2:41 PM

Yes, if you look at the New York Times tracker it shows 28% of the population with at least one dose. But you know what, I think that’s good enough quite frankly. I mean who’s getting one dose but not the other? Unless it’s the Johnson & Johnson shot, in which case one dose is all you need. And even with the Moderna shot, one dose is enough to save you from death should you get the coronavirus.

by Anonymousreply 156March 29, 2021 2:49 PM

September r4? Has Canada been sleeping at the wheel. Shouldn’t take that long consider your population size.

by Anonymousreply 157March 29, 2021 2:56 PM

[quote] And even with the Moderna shot, one dose is enough to save you from death should you get the coronavirus.

Didn’t they say the same with Pfizer also? Seems I’ve heard that but can’t remember.

by Anonymousreply 158March 29, 2021 3:08 PM

Joe boldly taking charge

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159March 29, 2021 4:05 PM

Joe Biden’s approval rating on Coronvavirus Pandemic handling rises to 72%.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160March 29, 2021 4:08 PM

Thank you, Biden, for bringing hope back to America

by Anonymousreply 161March 29, 2021 4:10 PM

[quote] Didn’t they say the same with Pfizer also? Seems I’ve heard that but can’t remember.

Yes, it seems that both Pfizer and Moderna work very well with just one shot. many weeks out. At least at the level of one J&J shot

by Anonymousreply 162March 29, 2021 4:11 PM

US administers 4 million doses in one day

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163April 5, 2021 12:24 PM

72% approval rating on COVID? That means even Trump’s zombies have had to face reality that Biden is getting shit done!

Just the man we needed for the times we are in. Thank the Lord we squeaked out a win in 2020. Couldn’t have done it without the House and Senate. Really was a make or break election. I get sick just thinking about the wheeling and dealing Trump would have done with the vaccines. My blue state might have been left for dead.

by Anonymousreply 164April 5, 2021 12:30 PM

I wouldn’t say we squeaked out a win with a 7 million+ vote margin, R164. But cheers to everything else you said.

by Anonymousreply 165April 5, 2021 2:02 PM

All adults can now get the vaccine on April 19th

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166April 7, 2021 1:37 AM

His approval rating will be 100% by the end of the year.

Permanent one-party rule by Democrats, here we come!

by Anonymousreply 167April 7, 2021 4:34 AM

I wish, R167. You can have the higher approval in the world, the only thing that matters is your approval percentage among the people who actually show up on Election Day. If Democrats fuck around and stay home next November, then the Republicans will take over the House.

by Anonymousreply 168April 7, 2021 12:05 PM

[QUOTE] You can have the highest* approval in the world

by Anonymousreply 169April 7, 2021 12:28 PM

R165 it was a close race in AZ, GA, and WI for Biden. The house majority is slim and the Senate is literally 50/50. We lost majorities in state houses, Republicans beat the odds compared to the polls, all things considered. It was a squeaker. When the national popular vote becomes the gauge for winners and losers of WH races then we can talk. But the individual state voting totaled were basically razor thin to somewhat thin.

A breeze could have tipped this race in Trump’s favor as it did in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 170April 7, 2021 1:30 PM

[QUOTE] A breeze could have tipped this race in Trump’s favor as it did in 2016.

Bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 171April 7, 2021 1:44 PM

30% of adults fully vaccinated

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172April 16, 2021 2:00 PM

I’m actually not thrilled with that figure, though it’s not Joe’s fault.

But we’ve been vaccinating a little over 4 1/2 months and got to 30%. At that rate, it would take almost a year to reach the minimum for herd immunity.

by Anonymousreply 173April 16, 2021 9:38 PM

4 and a half months? We didn’t seriously start vaccinating people until February after Biden took over. It’s a miracle we’ve gotten this far.

by Anonymousreply 174April 16, 2021 9:44 PM

Biden took over in January and, in reality, vaccines started in December. I got rid of December and figured Biden taking over in January four months ago.

by Anonymousreply 175April 16, 2021 9:47 PM

President Biden celebrates 200 million vaccine doses administered!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176April 21, 2021 7:28 PM

Tell me more about this “governing” of which you speak, human.

by Anonymousreply 177April 21, 2021 7:29 PM

[quote] President Biden celebrates 200 million vaccine doses administered!

Oh, my! He should be careful. I don’t think you’re supposed to take that many doses.

by Anonymousreply 178April 21, 2021 8:23 PM

How does vaccination contribute to herd immunity if it doesn't actually make you immune?

by Anonymousreply 179April 21, 2021 9:32 PM

R176 Biden the rock star!!

He said 100 mil in 100 days, which he managed to SURPASS. I love when people overdeliver, it’s pretty awesome.

Where’s the “Mighty Joe Biden” troll, it’s appropriate here! Go Joe!

by Anonymousreply 180April 21, 2021 11:19 PM

I’m waiting the 15 minute period after getting my second vaccine right now! Thanks President Biden!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 181April 21, 2021 11:23 PM

I’m the “Mighty Joe Biden troll,” and it’s been appropriate every time I used it. Joe Biden has pulled off the impossible more times than I can count. Conventional wisdom says he should be nowhere near the White House yet there he is, saving America. That’s why he’s Mighty Joe Biden, goddamnit.

by Anonymousreply 182April 21, 2021 11:35 PM

Are most of us in a bubble? Why aren't approval %s higher, given the alternative?

52 percent of adults say they approve of the job Biden is doing, compared with 42 percent who disapprove. At this point in his presidency four years ago, Trump’s rating was nearly the reverse, with approval at 42 percent and disapproval at 53 percent. Overall, 34 percent of Americans say they strongly approve of Biden’s performance, compared with 35 percent who strongly disapprove. Biden receives the highest marks for his handling of the coronavirus pandemic, with 64 percent of adults — including 33 percent of Republicans — giving him positive ratings. His approval rating for his handling of the economy stands at 52 percent. But 53 percent say they disapprove of the way he has dealt with the immigration situation at the U.S.-Mexico border, a problem that has vexed his administration for much of its first months.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183April 25, 2021 11:20 AM

[quote] Trudeau says the same thing here in Canada. "Every Canadian that wants a vaccine will have one by September". —hope he's right

lol, you guys won’t even be close to achieving that until 2025 at the earliest.

by Anonymousreply 184April 25, 2021 11:26 AM

COVID cases lowest since last June:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185May 23, 2021 11:22 AM

[quote]Are most of us in a bubble? Why aren't approval %s higher, given the alternative?

Because a lot of Americans are greedy or like to buy the Yankee Doodle Greatest Nation on Earth fantasy, or both.

Lows marks on the border (racism and some understandable frustration with people breaking the rules and 'getting away' with it) and on a infrastructure (a motherlode of spending.) I don't know what you do about the border (looking at DL's vaunted Kamala who apparently can't do all) except distract because the infrastructure is necessary, will create long term jobs and generate economic growth. So if that takes root as expected (I think we're looking at Pete here) then I would guess his numbers rise because results are results. The country is hopelessly divided and probably always will be now unless the Republicans shatter... but that takes people and if 2/3 can't even get behind Joe Biden I don't know it if can be solved.

by Anonymousreply 186May 23, 2021 11:54 AM

His approval numbers are in the 60’s in many polls, R186. He’s doing great considering the era we live in.

by Anonymousreply 187May 23, 2021 3:02 PM

Is Joy Reid still running around with two masks outside? Has Rachel Maddow really trained herself to stop sending hateful thoughts to anyone she sees without a mask anywhere at any time?

by Anonymousreply 188May 23, 2021 3:11 PM

BIDEN'S BUILDING BACK AMERICA!!

I noticed last week there were more cars on the road and this weekend everyone's out on TN, it's crazy!! Shops and restaurants are filling up again. Looks like we finally rounded that turn!!

Go Mighty Joe!!

by Anonymousreply 189May 23, 2021 3:17 PM

EIGHT states are now 70 percent vaxxed (all adults, at least one shot)

by Anonymousreply 190May 23, 2021 3:18 PM

President Biden wants 70% of adults with at least one dose by July 4th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191May 23, 2021 3:44 PM

Half of all adults now fully vaccinated. Single-dosers over 60%.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192May 25, 2021 10:38 PM

New York City reports zero COVID deaths.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193June 1, 2021 7:14 PM

W00T!!!!

by Anonymousreply 194June 1, 2021 7:15 PM

For the 2nd day in a row, NJ had the lowest number of infections since the first weeks of its outbreak in March 2020.

by Anonymousreply 195June 1, 2021 7:26 PM

That’s so weird that we New Yorkers haven’t all died yet, what with the fatal reopening and all.

by Anonymousreply 196June 1, 2021 7:27 PM

Florida and Texas should've been front and center with footage of hospital corridors stacked three deep with patients choking to death according to many here earlier this year!

by Anonymousreply 197June 1, 2021 7:33 PM

Florida doesn't surprise me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198June 1, 2021 7:43 PM

An additional 5000... out of 25 million residents.

by Anonymousreply 199June 1, 2021 7:47 PM

USA will never get close to, say, 80% vaccination. Too many die hard ignoramuses and deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 200June 1, 2021 7:53 PM

Had Trump been re-elected, I could see 20% of the country making excuses why they "just don't feel safe" with "his" vaccines, as was floating around in Dec and Jan.

by Anonymousreply 201June 1, 2021 7:57 PM

[quote]An additional 5000... out of 25 million residents.

Proportionately, that's comparable to 76,400 nationally. Imagine hiding 76,400 deaths.

by Anonymousreply 202June 1, 2021 8:37 PM

Mighty Joe Biden has almost vaccinated America, and now he’s going to vaccinate the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203June 3, 2021 5:13 PM

Mighty Joe has a problem as Black people still alarmingly low in receiving vaccinations. But that can change as happened with other minority groups.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204June 7, 2021 12:25 PM

what the fuck!

by Anonymousreply 205June 7, 2021 12:26 PM

New York lifts nearly all COVID rules and limitations as state hits 70% vaccination rate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206June 15, 2021 6:13 PM

What about NYC, though? We’re waiting until next month, right? THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!

by Anonymousreply 207June 15, 2021 7:25 PM

Fuck ‘em!

by Anonymousreply 208June 15, 2021 7:49 PM

White House reaches goal of having 70% of adults 30 and over vaccinated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209June 22, 2021 2:58 PM

Wariness of the Delta variant has driven US vaccinations up substantially. The unvaccinated are wising up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210July 1, 2021 11:30 AM

US still not close to being vaccinated enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211July 3, 2021 7:03 PM

August will bring a big bump of unvaccinated Covid deaths in mostly red states.

I guess that's what they want.

by Anonymousreply 212July 3, 2021 7:12 PM

Red states with low vaccination rates see highest rise in COVID numbers.

[QUOTE] Alabama, Mississippi and Arkansas are the only states to have fully vaccinated fewer than 35% of their residents. Average daily case rates in each state were among the 10 worst in the country last week.

[QUOTE]Vermont leads the nation with about 66% of its population fully vaccinated -- and while case rates there increased compared to last week, the state still had the lowest case rate in the country last week, with an average of less than one new case per 100,000 people each day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213July 16, 2021 11:30 AM

It should be called the Indian Delta Variant since it originated in India.

by Anonymousreply 214July 16, 2021 11:46 AM

This is high on your list of priorities, R214?

by Anonymousreply 215July 16, 2021 11:52 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216July 16, 2021 2:22 PM

Biden shipping 3.5 million Moderna doses to Colombia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217July 24, 2021 10:10 PM

You know, I've been thinking about the cost involved in all of there anti vaxxers and I wish we could find a way to send a bill to guys like De Santis and force him to reimburse all the hospitals for the costs involved with treating COVID. I bet the taxpayers of Florida would be pissed.

by Anonymousreply 218July 24, 2021 10:19 PM

Boldly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219July 24, 2021 10:37 PM

R218, I’m shocked the insurance companies haven’t done that already, considering what mercenary fucks they are.

by Anonymousreply 220July 24, 2021 10:42 PM

US Hits 70% Adult Vaccination Goal

Seventy percent of American adults have received at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine, officials said Monday, reaching a goal President Joe Biden had hoped to reach a month ago.

Biden had said he wanted to hit that mark by July 4.

The goal was ambitious, but Monday's development is a good step, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said.

"We’ve said from the beginning: Even when we set this goal, our work would not be done even when we reached it, and so we're forging ahead," she said.

As of Monday, more than 180.7 million people in the U.S. ages 18 or older, or 70 percent, have received at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

For those 12 years or older, the percentage is 67.6 percent. Younger children than that are not eligible to be vaccinated. A Food and Drug Administration official has said emergency use authorization for younger children could come by early to mid-winter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221August 3, 2021 8:00 AM

I like Biden, but I really want to snip that mini mullet from the back of his head.

by Anonymousreply 222August 3, 2021 8:06 AM

Time to take stock

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223November 25, 2021 1:24 PM

NYT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224November 25, 2021 1:27 PM

Biden urges Americans to remain calm and keep getting vaccinated to combat the Omicron variant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225November 29, 2021 9:35 PM

R219 This is why his handlers don’t allow him to take many questions from the press. Just squint at the teleprompter while reading prepared statements, and even that looks painful these days.

And the Aussies are relentless in their ridiculing of poor old Joe for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 226November 30, 2021 2:40 AM

Over 200 million Americans now fully vaccinated!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227December 9, 2021 1:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!