Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What Deplorables Are Saying Now

There is a mixture of feelings in MAGA world about the upcoming inauguration. A new idea they’re floating is that the call to the Capitols is a setup, so some of them are saying to not go.

by Anonymousreply 16January 16, 2021 4:19 PM

A setup. 😂😂😂😂 Yeah, right.

The reality: they see that there are going to be 25,000 National Guard troops in DC next week. I assure you this place is totally locked down in a wide area surrounding the WH and the Capitol, including the entire National Mall. No one is going into any space that they are not already authorized to occupy. I don’t think the insurrectionists want to play their little 1776 Patriot Games now that they realize they’re going to get shot as soon as they step out of line.

Any of these fools who think that they’re going to start another civil war are in for a very rude awakening.

by Anonymousreply 1January 16, 2021 5:40 AM

My joy is mixed with fear, as I realize how close we came to 4 (or more?) years of Trump. If not for black and brown and other marginalized people voting in droves; if not for Covid; if not for mail-in voting; if not for a bi-racial VP and a candidate who got Obama's endorsement... if not for so many things that fortuitously happened- this could have turned out so differently (shivers)

But we did it; we got rid of them. And even though Trump and his Haters have tried so hard to kill our joy, they can't.

I wish him and his family all the misery life can dish out. They need to be punished over and over for what they did- tried to do- to our country.

by Anonymousreply 2January 16, 2021 6:02 AM

Wouldn't that be great R2? Unfortunately - he'll take whatever ill gotten green he's been able to lift from being in the WH and live out his days in comfort and luxury.

He'll suffer once Satan (finally!) gets a hold of him. But hopefully we won't be privy to that view.

by Anonymousreply 3January 16, 2021 8:21 AM

One I work with is still hoping that the Supremes will disqualify Biden as a candidate because of Hunter's past business practices. He wants an electoral 'do-over'.

He does think that Trump made a verbal flub on Jan 6th, and wants Ben Shapiro to be the GOP candidate.

by Anonymousreply 4January 16, 2021 10:31 AM

This one's sending mixed messages.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 16, 2021 12:11 PM

[quote] One I work with is still hoping that the Supremes will disqualify Biden as a candidate because of Hunter's past business practices. He wants an electoral 'do-over'.

I guess I should consider myself naive. I never realized how many genuinely stupid people there were in this country.

by Anonymousreply 6January 16, 2021 12:22 PM

While some are going on Facebook & yammering about "healing", I think the hard core Deplorables are biding their time. They're emboldened by the coup & now that they've got a taste of victory & their views are becoming mainstream, thanks to moronic representatives like the QAnon gun toting congresswomen (I can't even be bothered to google her name), they'll continue to try & find ways to undermine & destroy the government. Maybe initially nothing big like last week, but smaller, scattered violence like pipe bombs in federal buildings - that kind of thing. Biden's work to roll back the changes of Dear Leader are going to make them completely mental

by Anonymousreply 7January 16, 2021 12:30 PM

R7, do you think these people are strongly political in the sense of a specific agenda? They won’t like immigration changes, but are they really going to take a bullet for re-entering the Paris Accord? My sense is that they are for Trump’s bluster and nationalistic bravado, but that it does not align neatly with Republican politics.

by Anonymousreply 8January 16, 2021 12:36 PM

For the most part they are bereft of policy beyond America first and its racist tropes. They just want to own the libs and the elites. And there are others that our just batshit conspiracy theorists. QNuts.

by Anonymousreply 9January 16, 2021 12:43 PM

I, for one, would be quite happy for our election to be undone by The Supremes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 16, 2021 12:45 PM

R4 Ben Shapiro... the Queen-y Jew, yeah that’ll go well!?

by Anonymousreply 11January 16, 2021 2:37 PM

[quote] I never realized how many genuinely stupid people there were in this country.

What took you so long?

by Anonymousreply 12January 16, 2021 3:09 PM

Lol, r12. I knew there were stupid people, it’s the level of stupidity and the sheer amount of people that surprised me.

by Anonymousreply 13January 16, 2021 3:28 PM

Don't mean to stereotype, okay yeah, I kinda do, but why do so many of these people have southern accents? And what conclusions can we draw from it.

by Anonymousreply 14January 16, 2021 3:38 PM

🙄🙄🙄 @ R14.

by Anonymousreply 15January 16, 2021 3:46 PM

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that" George Carlin.

by Anonymousreply 16January 16, 2021 4:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!