Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pete Buttigieg confirmation hearing slated for Thursday!

The HILL reports:

Former South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg’s confirmation hearing for the role of Transportation secretary will be held Thursday.

Just a day after President-elect Joe Biden is slated for inauguration, Buttigieg will face questions from members of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation.

Buttigieg rose to national prominence while running for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination before exiting the race and endorsing Biden.

ADVERTISEMENT If he’s confirmed, he’s expected to play a key role in helping to shape Biden’s climate change agenda by working to reduce emissions from the transportation sector.

Last month, he called for putting “millions of new electric vehicles on America’s roads" and building “public charging infrastructure powered by clean energy,” in a tweet.

Buttigieg was the mayor of South Bend from 2012 to 2020, though he took a seven-month leave to serve in the Navy. He was previously a consultant with McKinsey & Company.

When he formally introduced Buttigieg, Biden said that he’s “got the perspective of a mayor that solves problems and brings people together.”

If he’s approved, Buttigieg will be the first openly gay Cabinet secretary to be confirmed by the Senate, though Rick Grenell, who served as the acting director of national intelligence from February to May, was the first openly LGBTQ Cabinet secretary.

by Anonymousreply 80February 2, 2021 4:25 PM

Go, Pete.

by Anonymousreply 1January 15, 2021 10:12 PM

Chasten will be in the front row, wearing a stylish pink pants suit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 15, 2021 11:08 PM

For the people who love to push the narrative that Pete Buttigieg is hated by the black people of South Bend, he was invited and spoke virtually at the 35th annual MLK Day of Celebration in South Bend today even though he hasn't been mayor for over a year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2021 10:22 PM

Finally, my chance to bring back the pillbox hat!

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2021 10:25 PM

Mr. Buttigieg do you, in fact, enjoy taking it up the butt?

(La Senatrice swoons and someone calls for smelling salts.)

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2021 11:10 PM

Chasten is so excited tonight, he’s going to felch for Pete.

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2021 11:17 PM

There will be floats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 19, 2021 2:08 AM

I wonder if the Capitol riots made Pete and Chasten rethink their housing situation in DC? I would have expected them to want a house, but a more secure condo might might be a better decision. I wonder if the Transportation Department has a security detail for the secretary?

by Anonymousreply 8January 19, 2021 2:34 AM

OK. It's only fair that we host a welcome reception here for Secretary Buttigieg and his spouse. Alcohol has always bee cheaper in the District, and we can get gallons for a song. ow as far as the catering menu I have no idea. What do people from Indiana eat?

I feel very strongly that we ought to have champagne, and that we ought to NOT have Ritz crackers. My own feeling is that we help Pete and Chas acclimate themselves to the a rea by serving crab salad and other fish from Cheasepeake Bay. But I'm not really sure. Your input is deeply desired...

by Anonymousreply 9January 19, 2021 2:55 AM

You Pete fanatics are slipping, today is Peter's 39th birthday, only reason I know is the Victory Fund sent me a fund raising email and a link to sign a birthday card.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 19, 2021 7:15 PM

Pete Buttigieg @PeteButtigieg · 51m

And I’m pleased to join everyone in wishing a Happy Birthday to @DollyParton!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 19, 2021 7:18 PM

"Now Mayor Buttigieg, what is your preferred anal lubricant?"

by Anonymousreply 12January 19, 2021 9:15 PM

National profile and media deals prove lucrative for Pete Buttigieg

[quote] He earned a $16,970 advance for his first book, “Shortest Way Home,” along with between $100,000 and $1 million in royalties from its sales; and about $55,000 in advances for the book’s United Kingdom and Korean rights.

[quote] For his second book, "Trust," released in late 2020, he earned $311,500 in advances.

[quote] And he earned $36,667 from the University of Notre Dame as a faculty fellow for the 2020-2021 academic year, when he taught and researched on the nature of trust, the year's research theme for its Institute for Advanced Study.

[quote] He also earned $150,000 from iHeartMedia to host a podcast, “The Deciding Decade.” And he was paid $1,825 to guest host "Jimmy Kimmel Live!"

[quote] Buttigieg also made from $2,501 to $5,000 in capital gains from Google stock and from $15,001 to $50,000 in dividends and capital gains from Apple stock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 20, 2021 11:11 AM

Pete's hearing will start at 10AM eastern time on C-Span tomorrow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 21, 2021 1:35 AM

Even our first Gentleman of Transportation Rats his hair!

by Anonymousreply 15January 21, 2021 6:24 AM

Ted Cruz is questioning Pete right now and being his usual asshole self.

by Anonymousreply 16January 21, 2021 4:00 PM

I would love to see Pete verbally flay Ted Cruz.

by Anonymousreply 17January 21, 2021 4:03 PM

[quote] I would love to see Pete verbally flay Ted Cruz.

I would also but that doesn't fit into Biden's theme of working across the isle, right now. I am sure there will be more opportunities for Pete to make Cruz look like the asshole he is after Pete is confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 18January 21, 2021 4:10 PM

Pete looks cute.

by Anonymousreply 19January 21, 2021 4:27 PM

Little Homosexual Transportation Secretary.

by Anonymousreply 20January 21, 2021 4:28 PM

Poor Chasten is really balding in front.

by Anonymousreply 21January 21, 2021 4:29 PM

Oooh there's a hot young aide to one of the Senators chatting up Pete now after the hearing. Chasten Gurl you better man watch out!!!

by Anonymousreply 22January 21, 2021 4:30 PM

It will be on again at 9PM tonight on CSpan1 and and again at 2AM tomorrow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 21, 2021 4:36 PM

Pete's opening statement on YouTube

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 21, 2021 4:41 PM

Oh Pete - you do us proud

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 21, 2021 10:04 PM

When is the full Senate vote?

by Anonymousreply 26January 21, 2021 10:31 PM

His first act as Secretary of Transportation: He will legalize butt-fucking on interstate buses!

by Anonymousreply 27January 21, 2021 10:46 PM

He's always so impressive. Love this guy. He does look like he isn't sleeping though. Is he stressed about this new job?

by Anonymousreply 28January 21, 2021 10:52 PM

He doesn’t have experience but he’ll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 29January 21, 2021 10:55 PM

[quote]He doesn’t have experience but he’ll be fine.

Everyone bitches about Pete having no experience yet nobody said shit about the fat pig who was the last president having no experience.🙄

At least Pete is intelligent and educated.

by Anonymousreply 30January 21, 2021 11:05 PM

Pete needs to trade up from Chasten, who is too common.

by Anonymousreply 31January 21, 2021 11:09 PM

Chasten is compliant that is what matters.

by Anonymousreply 32January 21, 2021 11:11 PM

It was nice to see him and Chasten double-bagging it with their face masks yesterday. I guess that carries over from early on in their relationship.

by Anonymousreply 33January 21, 2021 11:25 PM

GOP Senator Jon Tester

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 21, 2021 11:37 PM

Love Pete. Chasten must be lubing up right as we speak!

by Anonymousreply 35January 22, 2021 12:00 AM

The questioning and Pete's answers were very interesting. Transportation is the heart of our economy.

by Anonymousreply 36January 22, 2021 12:15 AM

Good.

by Anonymousreply 37January 22, 2021 12:24 AM

Pete will be interviewed by Lawrence O'Donnell tonight. On Friday he will be interviewed on The View.

by Anonymousreply 38January 22, 2021 12:28 AM

Pretty awesome that positive feedback's coming from R senators, but prob Cruz & Hawley will vote against confirmation

by Anonymousreply 39January 22, 2021 12:33 AM

Why is he torturing himself by going on The (Old Cunt) View?

by Anonymousreply 40January 22, 2021 12:33 AM

I think Cruz needs a good dick up his ass so he won’t be so miserable all the time.

by Anonymousreply 41January 22, 2021 12:34 AM

Cruz needs something stuck in him alright. But not a cock.

by Anonymousreply 42January 22, 2021 12:36 AM

Because I am Pete's #1 fan, I watched that entire hearing. And all of you bitches who are constantly going on about his lack of experience, should have listened to Pete slay on just about every question he was asked. For someone who doesn't have any experience, those Senators were pretty damned impressed with his responses. And Chasten was so cute sitting in back, supporting his man. Pete deserves everything!!!

by Anonymousreply 43January 22, 2021 12:37 AM

I admired the way Pete dealt with Cruz. I would not be able to maintain my composure if I were being questioned by that piece of dogshit.

by Anonymousreply 44January 22, 2021 12:40 AM

Cruz would eat Trump’s shit no matter how much Trump makes fun of him or his family. These MAGAts are mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 45January 22, 2021 12:48 AM

Does Ted masturbate every night to a picture of Dump?

by Anonymousreply 46January 22, 2021 12:50 AM

[quote] I think Cruz needs a good dick up his ass so he won’t be so miserable all the time.

Why waste a good one?

Give him gym’s or something

by Anonymousreply 47January 22, 2021 12:51 AM

Do you think Pete and chasten rim?

by Anonymousreply 48January 22, 2021 12:53 AM

[quote] Does Ted masturbate every night to a picture of Dump?

If you had a wife that looked like teds does, you'd probably do the same thing

by Anonymousreply 49January 22, 2021 12:54 AM

Did Amy and Pete have a knife fight in the alley afterward?

by Anonymousreply 50January 22, 2021 12:57 AM

Cue the retards who believe that Buttigieg will be the Dem presidential nominee for 2024 AND that he win it!

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...

by Anonymousreply 51January 22, 2021 12:58 AM

Cue the sad sack of shit at R51 whose advances Pete rejected years ago.

Seek therapy, hun.

by Anonymousreply 52January 22, 2021 1:08 AM

How do you know that Pete is a top? Did he wear a hanky in his pocket during the campaign?

by Anonymousreply 53January 22, 2021 1:31 AM

[quote]Cue the sad sack of shit at [R51] whose advances Pete rejected years ago. Seek therapy, hun.

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...

by Anonymousreply 54January 22, 2021 1:35 AM

Why do you laugh? Pete isn't bad looking.

by Anonymousreply 55January 22, 2021 1:39 AM

Will he be asked to Lip Sync for His Life, before a final confirmation vote?

by Anonymousreply 56January 22, 2021 1:41 AM

What did idiot Cruz ask him?

by Anonymousreply 57January 22, 2021 2:00 AM

Ohh if he gets this all you haterz will need to shut it about his thin resume.

by Anonymousreply 58January 22, 2021 2:00 AM

Article on Politico's website this afternoon:

Pete Buttigieg, displaying the political acumen that fueled his surge from mayoral obscurity to political stardom, sailed through a Senate hearing Thursday that was every bit an audition for a potential future presidential turn as it was for his impending role as Transportation secretary.

Buttigieg’s maiden outing in the Senate can be seen as the kickoff to a potential future run at the presidency, which will play out in the background of virtually everything he does as a member of President Joe Biden’s Cabinet. And though most Americans would view DOT as a sleepy agency, it will enjoy a higher profile under Biden, who has promised to elevate climate concerns among every arm of government.

by Anonymousreply 59January 22, 2021 2:03 AM

R34: Nobody else pointed out, Jon Tester is NOT a Republican/GOP, though I know he kind of looks like a Republican. He's the Democratic (senior) Senator from Montana.

by Anonymousreply 60January 22, 2021 2:10 AM

He's really very impressive and it's been great to see him progress in every way. I like what I've seen of Ossoff but he's from money and already a multi-millionaire with a flimsy resume. It's really inspiring to see Pete's financial disclosures and see him go from earing 37,000 to the major to having one of the lowest net worths running for presidency to building up his wealth with book deals. He's one of those guys who really deserves every success and break he's had and I think he'll be great in this role. Pelosi was talking about the importance of infrastructure and stressed the nightmare they had with Trump over infrastructure bills that he would support and then throw fits in the office when she went to negotiate. Infrastructure is top of her agenda, top of Biden's agenda and Pete is getting a great opportunity here.

I almost don't want him to be President. Almost. I think it can be a waste of great talent which can be used to greater effect elsewhere. I think Obama could have maybe done more outside the WH too but it's the show pony role and Pete would has all the signs of being heading in that direction. And thankfully he's a good egg and not economically a Right-center Right shit like some other openly gay leaders.

by Anonymousreply 61January 22, 2021 2:25 AM

Pete doesn't do the butt-fuck thing. He's into oral. (So you can stop all your anal sex references/jokes.

by Anonymousreply 62January 22, 2021 2:26 AM

God Bless Pete who has become a Personal Jesus for the Gay Community. He has all the goods to climb all the way to the top - the White House!

by Anonymousreply 63January 22, 2021 2:29 AM

Personal Jesus for the Gay Community?

No thanks. I've had quite enough of cults of personality after the last 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 64January 22, 2021 2:32 AM

R50 they seem to be over that and are friends now. Klobuchar even said she hoped at some point to hang out with Pete and his husband with her husband

you can see the whole thing here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 22, 2021 2:44 AM

I miss watching Mayor Pete on my tv screen. Now he is one Gay with major potential to be president.

by Anonymousreply 66January 22, 2021 2:48 AM

Twitter made a big deal about Amy's book being called Antitrust to Pete's trust. I had no idea they were ever feuding because they are similar enough in every way to be mom/son and I assumed they'd gravitate towards each other. Chasten had Doug and Kamala on his vlog after the primary and he and Doug had really become very close, I wonder if Kamala will be cooking for the boys at the VP residence.

by Anonymousreply 67January 22, 2021 2:59 AM

His confirmation hearing was 5 days ago. Why hasn't he been confirmed yet? Other cabinet posts have already been confirmed. What's the holdup?

Is the GOP trying to screw with the homo?

by Anonymousreply 68January 26, 2021 7:37 PM

Fran Lebowitz says no to Buttigieg (when threads collide).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69January 26, 2021 8:25 PM

The Transportation Committee hasn't even held a vote yet, after they vote then the whole Senate will need to vote. No dates have been set for either of those votes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 27, 2021 8:27 AM

The Senate committee approved his nomination today by a vote of 21-3. Cruz, Blackburn, and Rick Scott were the naysayers. I'm surprised Hawley didn't join them.

Liebowitz was commenting on Pete's presidential run, and I couldn't care less what she thinks about him, especially since she couldn't get elected dog catcher anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 71January 27, 2021 10:39 PM

I assume the full Senate vote will happen in the next few days. They need to confirm the Homeland Security head Mayorkas first IMO, now that his nomination was approved by the committee in spite of Hawley's attempt at obstruction.

by Anonymousreply 72January 27, 2021 11:10 PM

Peter's Public Financial Disclosure Report

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 28, 2021 12:40 AM

No surprise that homophobe Marsha Blackburn voted against him

by Anonymousreply 74January 28, 2021 12:43 AM

[quote]Is the GOP trying to screw with the homo?

Well certainly some of them secretly want to screw the homo (or any homo).

by Anonymousreply 75January 28, 2021 12:46 AM

Hawley and Blackburn are homophobic cunts.

by Anonymousreply 76January 28, 2021 1:18 AM

Liebowitz is a self-entitled idiot.

by Anonymousreply 77January 28, 2021 3:32 AM

I felt dirty looking at Pete's financial disclosures, but I couldn't help myself.

by Anonymousreply 78January 28, 2021 3:36 AM

Fniancial report was interesting. He doesn't have much.

by Anonymousreply 79January 28, 2021 3:41 AM

Anyone watching the confirmation vote? Looks like an overwhelmingly bi-partisan vote.

by Anonymousreply 80February 2, 2021 4:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!