Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Possible Philadelphia datalounger mugged and shot when walking his dachshund-Chihuahua

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107January 22, 2021 1:46 AM

What is funny about this?

by Anonymousreply 1January 15, 2021 9:17 PM

Just awful. Poor guy. RIP đŸ˜Ș

by Anonymousreply 2January 15, 2021 9:20 PM

i think it looks like the perps might be black. Might have been an attempted robbery with a little hate crime on the side.

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2021 9:22 PM

For the same reason that Black is now capitalized while white isn't when referring to race, OP.. Racism.

by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2021 9:23 PM

No one carries cash anymore, especially not when out walking your dog. Maybe a hate crime? This is really sad.

by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2021 9:28 PM

OP, bevause Chihuahua is a location in Mexico. A dachshund is just a breed of dog.

by Anonymousreply 6January 15, 2021 9:30 PM

R5 how many times are you gonna say the same thing? Just because you switched you me account doesn’t change the psychotic behavior.

It was an attempted robbery. Had nothing to do with race

by Anonymousreply 7January 15, 2021 9:35 PM

It was murder, not an attempted robbery. You don’t have to minimize what they did. And it may have been a hate crime against a gay man, I don’t know if the people were black or not. They may even be women.

by Anonymousreply 8January 15, 2021 9:39 PM

How heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 9January 15, 2021 9:39 PM

[quote] They may even be women.

Uh oh.

by Anonymousreply 10January 15, 2021 9:40 PM

Sad. He was quite an accomplished young man.

by Anonymousreply 11January 15, 2021 9:41 PM

If he was 25, he wasn't a DLer.

by Anonymousreply 12January 15, 2021 9:43 PM

Yes, because hate crimes against gay men would never happen with a white man.

by Anonymousreply 13January 15, 2021 9:49 PM

looks to be primarily black area trying to gentrify

by Anonymousreply 14January 15, 2021 9:50 PM

R14 don’t say that because then I don’t feel bad for the victim.

Leave people be in their areas.

by Anonymousreply 15January 15, 2021 9:51 PM

I love Dachsunds but I hate most Chihuahuas.

by Anonymousreply 16January 15, 2021 9:53 PM

NRAB

by Anonymousreply 17January 15, 2021 9:55 PM

What makes any of you think the guy was gay, or a DLer?

by Anonymousreply 18January 15, 2021 9:58 PM

he was going to move in with his GF and get married per a news report. And the police did confirm two black guys as perps.

by Anonymousreply 19January 15, 2021 10:02 PM

[quote] I hate most Chihuahuas

Yes, I can't bear high-pitched yapping, whether they be human yappers or canine yappers.

by Anonymousreply 20January 15, 2021 10:05 PM

The two suspects appear to be female.

by Anonymousreply 21January 15, 2021 10:06 PM

How do they identify?

by Anonymousreply 22January 15, 2021 10:08 PM

Oh wow! It is butch sous chef crime.

by Anonymousreply 23January 15, 2021 10:09 PM

Is the victim, Milan Loncar, the son of the luscious Sixties Sexpot?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 15, 2021 10:10 PM

My god what a loss. And they say whites don't face discrimination in housing? Live in the wrong neighborhood and you can be killed because you have the wrong skin color.

by Anonymousreply 25January 15, 2021 10:11 PM

Girlfriend? Yeah, sure

by Anonymousreply 26January 15, 2021 10:11 PM

I wonder if the victim said something to them that aggravated them while they were in the process of robbing him?

by Anonymousreply 27January 15, 2021 10:12 PM

Devastating.

by Anonymousreply 28January 15, 2021 10:15 PM

R25 you’re joking, right?

by Anonymousreply 29January 15, 2021 11:28 PM

That same robbery method is being used in Baltimore

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 15, 2021 11:45 PM

Those poor, misunderstood, victims of systemic racism, deserve our compassion and understanding !!! I am so upset I need some brazil nuts now !!!

by Anonymousreply 31January 15, 2021 11:49 PM

You can rest assured, Mamie, that when the perps are caught, there will be a trial and they will be punished.

Unlike the white guys in DC who stormed the Capitol on January 6th, including their fearless leader/inciter, Donald J. Trump.

by Anonymousreply 32January 15, 2021 11:54 PM

You don't go out at night in Philadelphia, especially on a lonely street with your dog.

by Anonymousreply 33January 16, 2021 12:01 AM

How horrible.

To die at 25 and be accused of being a Datalounger.

by Anonymousreply 34January 16, 2021 12:02 AM

Just confirms my impression about Philadelphia after living there for 3 years and visiting countless other times over the years: it is NOT a friendly city.

by Anonymousreply 35January 16, 2021 12:05 AM

It’s weird that the article concentrates so much on the exact breed of dog

by Anonymousreply 36January 16, 2021 1:39 AM

Because this shit doesn’t happen anywhere else. Please. This shit still happens in NYC all the time you just don’t hear about it as much for political agenda.

by Anonymousreply 37January 16, 2021 2:06 AM

[quote]Live in the wrong neighborhood and you can be killed because you have the wrong skin color.

I would've killed him for owning a Chihuahua. Fucking yapping ankle-biters.

by Anonymousreply 38January 16, 2021 2:24 AM

So sad. I thought it was pretty clear he was gay. Does anyone know more about this neighborhood?

by Anonymousreply 39January 16, 2021 2:52 AM

He is straight.

by Anonymousreply 40January 16, 2021 3:01 AM

"Inside Edition" aired a segment this week on people being robbed of their dogs at gunpoint.

by Anonymousreply 41January 16, 2021 3:07 AM

Philadelphia is generally a very safe city. Especially center city. I’m not sure where this is... If it’s up around temple, it’s not so safe.

by Anonymousreply 42January 16, 2021 3:22 AM

Live each day, moment with meaning.

by Anonymousreply 43January 16, 2021 3:22 AM

A friend talked about moving to Philadelphia. I thought she was insane. I didn't say it. Fortunately she stopped talking about it.

How much cash do people carry on them today anyhow?

by Anonymousreply 44January 16, 2021 3:56 AM

Awful. Really so sad and extremely senseless. Just awful.

by Anonymousreply 45January 16, 2021 4:02 AM

That's so sad. Some "people" don't deserve to breathe. And that poor doggy. S/he had no idea what is going on :(

by Anonymousreply 46January 16, 2021 4:06 AM

Poor guy, RIP. His dog must be so bereft without his owner :(

by Anonymousreply 47January 16, 2021 4:17 AM

So sad. Only solace is that they didn't harm his little Chiweenie and he was able to hold on to the pup's leash so that she stayed with him.

Senseless killing of a young man just walking his dog. Throw the book at the killers.

by Anonymousreply 48January 16, 2021 4:17 AM

He was just a kid and he looks like a sweet goofball. What a fucked up thing to do to someone.

by Anonymousreply 49January 16, 2021 5:00 AM

This is why everyone should own a cat - they don’t require to be walked four times a day.

by Anonymousreply 50January 16, 2021 5:07 AM

Seeing this I instinctively want the murderers to get the death penalty.

And the fact that they are black...is it because Philly has a large black population so there's a greater chance that your assailant will be black, or because the bastards have some sense of entitlement to the earnings of anyone not black?

by Anonymousreply 51January 16, 2021 5:34 AM

I was robbed at gun point when I was this poor dude's age. And then again a couple years later. The first thief took what he wanted and with the gun pointed at my chest said "I'm gonna shoot you now" then slowly dramatically lowered the gun and walked away. Both armed mugging were on the sidewalk in mixed race gentrifying Brooklyn neighborhoods. Cherry on the cake when I was 30 I was jumped and assaulted with no robbery by 4 teens who said nothing at all, just laughed. Also in USA.

Meanwhile I have spent time in poorest neighborhoods in the poorest cities of Africa (the shit hole countries included) and never felt fear and I am lily white, tall, and look like a pretty, gay, rich man).

The sister says "there was no reason for this" and yes it's insane but there IS a reason - hatred, resentment and people who have no conscience and no respect for human life. Like the kids who stabbed the Columbia undergrad over a wallet.

by Anonymousreply 52January 16, 2021 6:33 AM

Let's find a group of black men and convict them in the press without a trial!

by Anonymousreply 53January 16, 2021 6:50 AM

Well sure every race has their little sociopaths. Like the white teen boy who shot his baby in the face 2x and dumped it in a dead tree. There is a reason he did that. Just like there is a reason these two black youths casually shot this young white man.

by Anonymousreply 54January 16, 2021 6:56 AM

[quote] when I was 30 I was jumped and assaulted with no robbery by 4 teens who said nothing at all, just laughed.

[quote]I am lily white, tall, and look like a pretty, gay, rich man).

Ya don’t say.

Well I for one am shocked. Shocked I say.

by Anonymousreply 55January 16, 2021 12:47 PM

R54 the crime stats for American urban black males are off the charts and there is no other demographic even in shouting distance. Everyone knows it, know matter how much your ilk try to spin it. its just facts.

by Anonymousreply 56January 16, 2021 12:52 PM

It's not funny, r1, it's trollbait, designed to bring out the "these bastards just do it because they're black" comments, plus probably also some "queeny" comments because of the victim's dog, though somehow we seem to have skipped those (unless I have key trolls on ignore).

You'll never convince racists that there are a slew of reasons why these things happen, including lack of support systems for people in poverty, broken homes, or with mental illness, plus a lack of rehabilitation in the juvenile and adult incarceration system. Sure, sometimes people are just pieces of shit, but the vast majority of the time there has been a long string of issues that went undealt with and mistakes made to lead up to a tragedy like this.

by Anonymousreply 57January 16, 2021 12:57 PM

R57, any more excuses?

by Anonymousreply 58January 16, 2021 12:59 PM

What’s really funny is the other day a thread was posted about white dudes who killed someone and the thread barely reached 20 replies before getting taken down r57

Meaning these racists not only ignored the white criminals, they reported the thread until it was taken down.

But when the criminal is black they’re all over it.

by Anonymousreply 59January 16, 2021 1:00 PM

R58 exactly my sentiments as well. Unreal!

by Anonymousreply 60January 16, 2021 1:00 PM

PS the racist on here is ONE PERSON. He is a transplant to Manhattan, middle aged white racist who voted for Trump. He is also the “ ” accusatory troll r57, just so you know.

by Anonymousreply 61January 16, 2021 1:01 PM

Horrible story - I presume the gun went off unintentionally. Too much of a trigger finger - it's not worth killing somebody over that.

Be aware of your surroundings - but sometimes you are just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 62January 16, 2021 1:03 PM

How about white people stop moving to low income areas?

by Anonymousreply 63January 16, 2021 1:04 PM

R61, I don't even try to keep that whole mess straight. Every time I turn around someone is either accused of being or accused of being an accuser. It's almost as bad as that summer when Davida was both Poo Shoes AND the Poo Shoes Accuser Troll.

by Anonymousreply 64January 16, 2021 1:20 PM

Oh please

by Anonymousreply 65January 16, 2021 1:25 PM

[quote] Everyone knows it, know matter how much your ilk try to spin it. its just facts.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 66January 16, 2021 1:29 PM

I hope it is not like in NYC with no bail or very low bail for the perps once caught.

by Anonymousreply 67January 16, 2021 1:43 PM

Philly is a rough city.

by Anonymousreply 68January 16, 2021 1:46 PM

R67, there wouldn’t be low or no bail in a felony murder case.

C’mon, even you’re not that stupid.

by Anonymousreply 69January 16, 2021 1:53 PM

[quote] the crime stats for American urban black males are off the charts

R56 - And why do you suppose that they are “off the charts”?

Could it possibly be that Black males are specifically targeted by police, over-charged by D.A.s, and unfairly convicted by judges/courts because our criminal justice system is and has been systemically racist since the founding of this country?

by Anonymousreply 70January 16, 2021 1:57 PM

r70 there are no excuses for violently criminal behavior.

by Anonymousreply 71January 16, 2021 2:03 PM

R63, they were all areas built by Whites and were White communities for decades before they were invaded and became ghettos. We're just taking back what was historically ours.

by Anonymousreply 72January 16, 2021 2:04 PM

R70, it is because they are doing the crimes stupid.

by Anonymousreply 73January 16, 2021 2:08 PM

R70 - Not “making excuses”; just pointing out that racism is systemically embedded in our society and criminal justice system.

Your comment supports this fact, as it demonstrates that you believe all urban Black males are criminals and haven’t been intentionally targeted by police.

by Anonymousreply 74January 16, 2021 2:10 PM

Why is a British newspaper covering crime blotter news in an American city? You idiots have all been trolled, nice work.

by Anonymousreply 75January 16, 2021 2:45 PM

WOW R70 is doubling and tripling down. Fuck it. Now who's the troll here. really?

by Anonymousreply 76January 16, 2021 2:49 PM

R72 keep telling yourself that. Very little here was built by white people.

by Anonymousreply 77January 16, 2021 3:26 PM

R74, I didn't say all black males are criminals, dimwit. They commit over 50% of the violent crimes in the US while they are less than 4% of the population. African Americans are their own worst enemy. Millions of POC come here from all over the world and thrive within one generation, so much for systemic racism.

Truth Matters

by Anonymousreply 78January 16, 2021 3:55 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79January 16, 2021 5:31 PM

Judging by their names and family name they are from west Balkans/ex-Yugoslavia

by Anonymousreply 80January 17, 2021 6:31 PM

"there are no excuses for violently criminal behavior."

I wonder if R71 applies those standards as rigorously to the President of the United States and the Republican Party in particular and white people in general.

My money is on no.

by Anonymousreply 81January 17, 2021 6:44 PM

Actually, yes. I'm just as disgusted with the Capitol rioters as everybody else. They're trash and need to go to prison. The ghetto thugs who shot that poor man are also trash and need to go to prison.

Trash is trash.

by Anonymousreply 82January 17, 2021 6:47 PM

R52 Don’t know where you were in Africa but I lived in West Africa and it was very dangerous. Basically the sleeping area/bedrooms were like metal reinforced cages; we locked ourselves up at night in our metal cages so we wouldn’t be killed.

One of my colleagues was assaulted so badly he was medevac’d like a wounded soldier to Walter Reed.

Walking in Lagos at 9 pm at night - fucking scariest moment of my life.

I have worked all over the world and Subsaharan Africa was by far the most dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 83January 17, 2021 7:20 PM

Arrests made!

by Anonymousreply 84January 17, 2021 8:34 PM

Fry ‘em!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85January 17, 2021 8:35 PM

I feel terrible for him and his family. What a sweet face.

by Anonymousreply 86January 17, 2021 8:35 PM

[quote] Josephus Davis, 20, is charged with the murder of Milan Loncar.

The Philly DA will make him apologize to PETA for frightening the dog..

by Anonymousreply 87January 17, 2021 9:07 PM

From Philadelphia police inspector Derrick Wood: "This male was on the street with two open felony cases because his bail was reduced from 200k to 12k,]. This is ridiculous and another example of bail decisions that are being made without considering the safety of the community." So much about the Philly DA.

by Anonymousreply 88January 17, 2021 11:48 PM

[quote] So much about the Philly DA.

But he WILL be re-elected, if not given higher office.

by Anonymousreply 89January 18, 2021 12:00 AM

[quote]How about white people stop moving to low income areas?

Are you fucking for real? Are you a trans-obsessed Berner shrieking about AOC and privilege all day? You sound like a damn sociopath, of course. NOBODY in their right mind needs to self-police to not live in someone else's notion of "approved" housing or neighborhood! Everyone is allowed to live wherever they like and can afford! It is not some civic virtue to "leave those people in their neighborhoods", it is actually a reflection of your own complete racism and stupidity to think so!

No one "deserves" to own any neighborhood because of their race, that's the notion that created "exclusive" real estate and banks to red line others. You are so offensive to me with this bullshit I can't even type the words to describe it. Your neo-progressivism is a virulent toxin.

by Anonymousreply 90January 18, 2021 12:11 AM

[quote]You'll never convince racists that there are a slew of reasons why these things happen, including lack of support systems for people in poverty, broken homes, or with mental illness, plus a lack of rehabilitation in the juvenile and adult incarceration system.

Dear kindly Sergeant Krupke Ya gotta understand It’s just our bringin’ upke That gets us outta hand Our mothers all are junkies Our fathers all are drunks Golly Moses natcherly we’re punks

by Anonymousreply 91January 18, 2021 1:13 AM

[quote] I wonder if [R71] applies those standards as rigorously to the President of the United States and the Republican Party in particular and white people in general.

So stupid ^^^

by Anonymousreply 92January 18, 2021 2:11 AM

[quote] [R56] - And why do you suppose that they are “off the charts”? Could it possibly be that Black males are specifically targeted by police, over-charged by D.A.s, and unfairly convicted by judges/courts because our criminal justice system is and has been systemically racist since the founding of this country?

So young black males aren’t actually committing violent crimes? Against each other? It’s white men who are going into black neighborhoods and killing black men? Please do some reading about the violent crime rates among black men. Find out who the victims are. You sound awfully Pollyanna-ish.

Yes, black men are unfairly targeted for non-violent offenses. Yes, their sentences are often harsher for whatever reason. Yes, police are often more physically aggressive with black male suspects in their encounters with them than they are with whites. All of that is true, but it is absurd to suggest that law enforcement is somehow to blame for black males being charged with and convicted of violent crimes (perpetrated against other blacks). It flies in the face of common sense.

by Anonymousreply 93January 18, 2021 2:17 AM

[quote] So stupid

But so predictable

by Anonymousreply 94January 18, 2021 2:18 AM

Pennsylvania should dust off its death penalty for these murderers.

The victim, it seems, was a sweet guy with a bright future.

by Anonymousreply 95January 18, 2021 2:23 AM

R88 here. Apparently I was wrong - the DA ‘s office recommended against bail, the judge did it anyways. Anyways, sad all around.

by Anonymousreply 96January 18, 2021 7:02 PM

These people are so pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 97January 18, 2021 7:08 PM

So is anyone who adds an S to anyway.

by Anonymousreply 98January 18, 2021 8:44 PM

Castrate the perps so they never multiply. Cut off all govt funds from their family and have them move to another country. Human scum must be dealt with. It is beyond disgusting these perps were allowed be out on bail.

by Anonymousreply 99January 19, 2021 12:13 AM

I think you'd have to have their tubes tied.

I wonder who they arrested in place of the two chicks that did it.

by Anonymousreply 100January 19, 2021 3:05 AM

UPDATE:

Suspect caught. He was released on reduced bail 2 weeks prior to the shooting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101January 20, 2021 11:11 PM

Rep. Ilhan Omar commented about this. She said "Some people did something" .

by Anonymousreply 102January 20, 2021 11:48 PM

More stupid black-on-white crime.

by Anonymousreply 103January 21, 2021 12:13 AM

Philly is really dangerous in parts.

by Anonymousreply 104January 21, 2021 12:26 AM

R87 thru 89 are correct. It's because of the Philly DA Larry Krasner that these things are happening. He's not prosecuting criminals, not requiring bail.

40 years ago, Philly was uninhabitable because of the crime -- and now it's on its way back there.

by Anonymousreply 105January 21, 2021 1:13 AM

Page 11

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106January 22, 2021 1:33 AM

"You'll never convince racists that there are a slew of reasons why these things happen, including lack of support systems for people in poverty, broken homes, or with mental illness, plus a lack of rehabilitation in the juvenile and adult incarceration system. "

Women are poor and victims of racism, yet the commit far fewer violent crimes.

by Anonymousreply 107January 22, 2021 1:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!