Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you ever see someone sleeping in a murphy bed and get the urge to push them into the wall?

I do

by Anonymousreply 14January 16, 2021 7:06 AM

OP we're all bored with your threads.

D'ya think......?

Do you ever wonder if? ....

Should I.....?

What if we....?

šŸ˜“šŸ˜“šŸ˜“šŸ˜“šŸ˜“

by Anonymousreply 1January 15, 2021 7:31 PM

First, you don't just push, you must lift the bed upright.

I had a lovely Murphy bed in my first apartment. It had an iron headboard and foot board and lifted and swiveled into a very large closet. I remember it and the guests who shared it with me fondly.

It was similar to this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 15, 2021 8:18 PM

Fuck OP.

I have questions:

Do you fold up your top sheet and bedcover? What do you do with the pillows? Do your sheet air out properly in a closet? Are you supposed to tuck everything in so that it stays made when itā€™s vertical? How do you keep your cat/dog/stoat/rhino out of the bed when you put it up?

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2021 8:31 PM

R3, you tuck everything in. I put my pillow on a shelf in the closet. The closet was very large, more like a small room or today's walk in closets.

by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2021 8:44 PM

In my second apartment there was also a closet for a murphy bed but the bed was long gone. It was also the size of a large walk in closet with a small window and space for a bureau.

Funny, I was just thinking about those apartments in San Francisco this week, and about the large closets. Both buildings were from the 1940s or before, were spacious with hardwood floors, and had period detail.

by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2021 8:47 PM

R2 It looks like something that would be very useful today.

by Anonymousreply 6January 15, 2021 8:51 PM

R2 -- I had a Murphy bed exactly like that in a 1930's efficiency apt in West Hollywood. Very comfortable and easy to operate, and that style makes the room look so much nicer than the newer ones that just fold down from a big awkward armoire type piece of furniture.

by Anonymousreply 7January 15, 2021 9:16 PM

[quote]r2 It had an iron headboard and foot board and lifted and swiveled into a very large closet.

I don't understand the purpose/advantage of the swivel feature.

by Anonymousreply 8January 15, 2021 9:44 PM

[quote] 1930's efficiency apt

I hadn't heard of that expression before.

I've googled and it says efficiency apartments are smaller than studio apartments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 15, 2021 10:33 PM

R8 so the bed can come through a regular sized closet door instead of the bed-sized double door that a Murphey that simply drops down needs - it is visually better hidden when closed.

by Anonymousreply 10January 15, 2021 11:22 PM

My pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 11January 15, 2021 11:33 PM

Iā€™d want the ā€œDown With Loveā€ electronic version and, yeah, Iā€™d probably accidentally push the button...ā€Your Wifeā€™s Home!ā€ And neither of us is married type of thing.

by Anonymousreply 12January 16, 2021 12:54 AM

YES!

by Anonymousreply 13January 16, 2021 6:57 AM

I am wary

[quote] If not secured or used properly, a Murphy bed can collapse on the operator. A 1945 court case in Illinois found that a tenant assumed the risk of injury from a wall bed installed in a rented inn room. In 1982, a drunk man suffocated inside a closed Murphy bed, and two women were entrapped and suffocated by an improperly installed wall bed in 2005. A 2014 lawsuit alleged that a defective Murphy bed led to the death of a Staten Island man.

by Anonymousreply 14January 16, 2021 7:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!