Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez says she had a 'close encounter' during the Capitol riot and 'thought I was going to die'

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) is speaking out about her "traumatizing" experience at the Capitol building during last week's deadly pro-Trump riot, revealing a "very close encounter" made her fear for her life.

The New York lawmaker spoke on Instagram about what she described as a "traumatizing week for so many people" after a mob of President Trump's supporters stormed the Capitol building in a riot that left five people dead. She referenced a "close encounter" she had during the riot, one she said she couldn't provide further details on for security reasons.

"I had a pretty traumatizing event happen to me," she said. "And I do not know if I can even disclose the full details of that event due to security concerns, but I can tell you that I had a very close encounter where I thought I was going to die. ... I did not know if I was going to make it to the end of that day alive. And not just in a general sense, but also in a very, very specific sense."

Ocasio-Cortez told viewers that it "is not an exaggeration to say that many, many members of the House were nearly assassinated" during the riot, and lawmakers were "very lucky that things happened within certain minutes" so they weren't harmed.

"But many of us nearly and narrowly escaped death," Ocasio-Cortez added.

She also described having feared, after being taken to a secure location with other lawmakers, that certain "white supremacist members of Congress" would "disclose my location" and "create opportunities to allow me to be hurt" or "kidnapped."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98January 30, 2021 9:29 AM

What kind though?

Was it a close encounter of the third kind?

by Anonymousreply 1January 15, 2021 6:29 PM

Sure, Flan.

by Anonymousreply 2January 15, 2021 6:32 PM

I believe it.

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2021 6:35 PM

It is utterly insane that any of our government officials came close to experiencing any of this. This is why Dump has been dumped and will soon be flushed.

by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2021 6:38 PM

Usually, I make jokes but I think this shit was too real for those folks on the Hill. Nancy sounded wounded, angry, and jittery during her press conference today. She was still in command cause she's a bad bitch, but this really scared a lot of people.

by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2021 6:41 PM

It doesn’t help that they have insurrectionists as co workers.

by Anonymousreply 6January 15, 2021 7:07 PM

I would love to see Boebert and QAnon DRAGGED out of the Capitol building in chains, for being treasonous traitors.

It's like 1776 all over again.

by Anonymousreply 7January 15, 2021 7:10 PM

I was terrified for her. I've been worried for a couple years because the insane assholes on the right and fox news say the most horrible things as if she isn't human. Don't these assholes understand a "revolution" will destroy our economy. The $1 would be worth nothing and everything people with savings have would be wiped out. But these assholes all bought guns and ammo...I loathe them all.

by Anonymousreply 8January 15, 2021 7:19 PM

[quote]Nancy sounded wounded, angry, and jittery during her press conference today. She was still in command cause she's a bad bitch, but this really scared a lot of people.

Yeah, she seemed on the verge of tears.

by Anonymousreply 9January 15, 2021 7:19 PM

[quote] The $1 would be worth nothing

But the $5 would be ok, right?

by Anonymousreply 10January 15, 2021 7:23 PM

I am terrified of her. I think she has been put in an ever increasing position of power with no knowledge or experience guide her in making important decisions that will affect us all.

by Anonymousreply 11January 15, 2021 7:26 PM

Furious Pelosi calls out Capitol riot 'punk'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 15, 2021 7:30 PM

R11 is too dumb to realise that AOC is the best thing to happen to American politics in decades.

by Anonymousreply 13January 15, 2021 7:33 PM

I dont like her, but I believe her

by Anonymousreply 14January 15, 2021 7:55 PM

[quote] too dumb to realise that AOC is the best thing to happen to American politics in decades.

No. She most certainly is NOT.

That said:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 15, 2021 7:56 PM

Was she physically surrounded by thugs and threatened?

by Anonymousreply 16January 15, 2021 8:15 PM

r16 I too wish we had more details, I'm sure they will come out one day, but for now I'm going to give her and all Democrats the benefit of the doubt.

by Anonymousreply 17January 15, 2021 9:44 PM

I believe her. There are too many rethugs who were also shook, including Mikey Prance, for her to be exaggerating this.

I think Pelosi is mad AF and probably a bit scared since the Qunts and pricks were tweeting the locations of her and other Dems during the attack.

I'd be mad AF too, if I knew my coworkers wanted to kill me because they believe every stupid lie a mentally ill jackass spews.

I only hope they stay safe and people hear just how far these terrorists got while the orange traitor ignored all calls. That every one of these Qunts and terrorists are thrown out, lose everything and end up living in a box by the river.

by Anonymousreply 18January 15, 2021 9:53 PM

She walked past a mirror and thought a crazy bug-eyed lady was about to attack.

by Anonymousreply 19January 15, 2021 9:57 PM

She has no reason to lie about this - everything will be confirmed. It's pretty tacky to make fun of these congresspeople's trauma. I feel bad for Pence too - nobody should fear for their lives at their workplace.

by Anonymousreply 20January 15, 2021 10:02 PM

The gallows weren't props, they were intended for use.

by Anonymousreply 21January 15, 2021 10:06 PM

I think she ran into Colorado congresswoman Lorena Boebert who told rioters where Nancy Pelosi was while they were entering the building.

by Anonymousreply 22January 15, 2021 10:09 PM

I am intrigued to hear more.

by Anonymousreply 23January 15, 2021 10:10 PM

I want to know more about the gallows. How do we know if they were props or not? What time were they put up? Could Donald Trump see the gallows? What could Donald Trump see and hear during the rally? Were they chanting “Hang Mike Pence” in his presence or did he see that part on tv?

by Anonymousreply 24January 15, 2021 10:22 PM

I cannot emphasize enough what low level trash that boebart (or whatever) chick is. Absolute gutter trash.

by Anonymousreply 25January 15, 2021 10:25 PM

[quote] …I think she has been put in an ever increasing position of power with no knowledge or experience guide her in making important decisions…

Are you saying she's immature?

by Anonymousreply 26January 15, 2021 10:27 PM

Anyone who doubts her.....have you not watched all the footage? I really hope every Repug Senator is forced to watch all of it in closeup in the impeachment trial and then put on camera to reply and try and excuse Dump.

That crowd was bloodthirsty. It boggles my mind and chills my heart to think what would have happened if they hadn't been stopped.

by Anonymousreply 27January 15, 2021 10:31 PM

Anyone who doubts her is trolling, r27.

by Anonymousreply 28January 15, 2021 10:33 PM

[quote] these congresspeople's trauma

I've seen footage of the staffpeople walking down concrete steps into the basement and to the escape tunnels.

by Anonymousreply 29January 15, 2021 10:35 PM

Great point, r29!

It must’ve been extremely frightening for everyone that day.

by Anonymousreply 30January 15, 2021 10:39 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 15, 2021 10:41 PM

[quote] I've seen footage of the staffpeople walking down concrete steps into the basement and to the escape tunnels.

Link?

by Anonymousreply 32January 15, 2021 10:42 PM

There are massive escape tunnels under the building.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 15, 2021 10:52 PM

I'm sure part of the terror of being there that day was not fully knowing what was going on outside but hearing the shouting and breaking down of doors.

How many school shootings have happened in the last 4 years that might just have added into their horror?

by Anonymousreply 34January 15, 2021 11:02 PM

Have we found out about Miss Pressley's broken panic button?

by Anonymousreply 35January 15, 2021 11:04 PM

You can be sure AOC will talk about that in her appearance on Rachel Maddow's show tonight, r35.

by Anonymousreply 36January 15, 2021 11:12 PM

R34 - I find it rich that Republicans were scared and shocked during that time. Huh - kind of like what thousands of American kids have had to go through with active shooters in their schools.

Or the millions of kids who now have active shoot drills twice a year - even for Kindergartners.

Their lack of understanding and compassion is unreal.

by Anonymousreply 37January 15, 2021 11:27 PM

[quote] Another suspected suicide. This guy was French.

This reminds me of that movie "2012," where people who knew what the fuck was REALLY going on, all of a sudden started to disappear or die in mysterious "accidents."

There's a fuck lot more going on here, than we're being told.

[quote] I'm sure part of the terror of being there that day was not fully knowing what was going on outside but hearing the shouting and breaking down of doors.

Plus the mistaken believe that the Capitol Building was secure, the police could be trusted, and so could their Republican colleagues.

All of it turned out to be wrong.

The security of our Democratic Representatives and Senators was compromised by traitorous and treasonous Republicans.

They MUST be tried, convicted, and then hanged as traitors. Just like during the Revolutionary War.

by Anonymousreply 38January 15, 2021 11:34 PM

AOC - All Out Crazy.

by Anonymousreply 39January 15, 2021 11:37 PM

Or you could just throw some more extra commas at them, r38.

by Anonymousreply 40January 15, 2021 11:38 PM

[quote] This reminds me of that movie "2012," where people who knew what the fuck was REALLY going on, all of a sudden started to disappear or die in mysterious "accidents."

Like [italic]Goodfellas[/italic]!

by Anonymousreply 41January 15, 2021 11:39 PM

R40 I'm not R38 but I'm guessing the excess commas are there for us to pause and ponder at the gravity of the situation.

by Anonymousreply 42January 15, 2021 11:45 PM

^^Oh, FFS.

by Anonymousreply 43January 15, 2021 11:47 PM

R43

Last week's 'bloodthirsty mob' was nothing compared to the bloodthirsty mobs of India, Syria and Pakistan.

by Anonymousreply 44January 15, 2021 11:48 PM

R40 is a MAGA cunt.

Every single one of those commas at R38 was correct.

by Anonymousreply 45January 15, 2021 11:50 PM

To be frank … I'm more distressed at the unnecessary 'F word' than the excess commas.

by Anonymousreply 46January 15, 2021 11:55 PM

Ya think, r45?

[quote] There's a fuck lot more going on here, than we're being told.

Tell me what the purpose of that comma is. I won’t wait.

by Anonymousreply 47January 15, 2021 11:56 PM

The purpose of the comma is the dramatic pause.

by Anonymousreply 48January 16, 2021 12:03 AM

I'm not surprised she was worried she was going to die. She repeatedly appears on their most hated list. She's probably next on their list after Pelosi.

by Anonymousreply 49January 16, 2021 12:05 AM

I believe her. These mother fuckers were serious. Fortunately they were also incompetent. She's lucky to be alive. They slaughtered cops for Christ's sake

by Anonymousreply 50January 16, 2021 12:08 AM

[quote] their most hated list

This guy is on it too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 16, 2021 12:13 AM

[quote] They slaughtered cops

How many were slaughtered?

by Anonymousreply 52January 16, 2021 12:14 AM

Oh, please! This pathetic bitch is nothing more than a shameless sellout, who used grassroots activism to negotiate her accession to the highest strata of political power and then, execrably betrayed every single person that helped her to get where she is. She is not a new voice, but just an opportunist who is ready to keep perpetuating the cycle of corruption that has caused people to vote for Trump. And the same can be said about the rest of the Justice Democrats.

Yes, there were a few people who didn't go into the Capitol with good intentions, and that is why Brian Sidnick died. However, the vast majority of them were there to stupidly vent their anger, without any direction or purpose. The only thing that this repulsive sow is trying to do is ensure that the tech oligarchs of Silicon valley will silence anyone she doesn't agree with, as well as all of her detractors.

Disgusting liar, demagogue and prestidigitator. Instead of Tweeting all day long and posting ridiculous Instagram stories where she says exactly the opposite of what she does, she should get to work and stop kissing Nancy Pelosi's behind.

by Anonymousreply 53January 16, 2021 12:21 AM

R53 You make her sound like The Shrike!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 16, 2021 12:35 AM

[quote]Oh, please! This pathetic bitch ...

See, I stopped reading as soon as the misogyny came out.

by Anonymousreply 55January 16, 2021 12:52 AM

R53 sounds like a Q-Anon believer.

by Anonymousreply 56January 16, 2021 1:14 AM

Like 1776, except it was: "The morons are coming! The morons are coming!"

I know there were militias and mercenaries too. I was very worried about AOC. I sincerely hope she didn't get to flee to her office during the riot and find they'd ripped out the panic buttons. If that didn't terrify you nothing would. I hope she was ushered straight from the chamber to the safe room.

by Anonymousreply 57January 16, 2021 2:18 AM

Wow! We have our very own Maga apologist and insurrection minimizer at R53!

There were good people on both sides, amiright?

by Anonymousreply 58January 16, 2021 2:35 AM

R57, she wasn't in the safe room because she didn't trust its safety for her.

by Anonymousreply 59January 16, 2021 2:36 AM

It sounded like there were QAnon congresswomen already occupying the "safe" room.

by Anonymousreply 60January 16, 2021 3:13 AM

Now that we know Ayanna Presley's "panic buttons" were removed, it all makes sense.

The MAGATS were trying to take out The Squad, Nancy, and Pence.

by Anonymousreply 61January 16, 2021 3:40 AM

Anyone see AOC on maddow?

by Anonymousreply 62January 16, 2021 3:43 AM

Yes, AOC was calm and articulate and entirely empathetic with Rachel. She wasn't able to divulge many details of the investigation (no named names) but it was encouraging to hear from her that it was happening.

by Anonymousreply 63January 16, 2021 4:07 AM

I like AOC. She's smart and makes a lot of sense when she talks. You may not like her politics but she's a decent person who is there for her constituents.

I heard a theory today about the Mr.. Pillow meeting with the Orange Idiot. A photographer snapped Pillow's notes and the words "martial law" were revealed.

Perhaps that's what trump was hoping for on Jan 6, that the violence and threats would succeed enough for him to enact martial law and eventually declare himself permanent president.

by Anonymousreply 64January 16, 2021 5:07 AM

I don't like her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 16, 2021 6:00 AM

Somebody from one of the alphabet agencies was on TV saying that the public does not have the full story/videos of what went down that day. There's lots more. I believe AOC was specifically threatened. We'll eventually find out and r53 can eat his words.

by Anonymousreply 66January 16, 2021 6:35 AM

It'd be hard to believe AOC [BOLD] wasn't[/BOLD] individually threatened, R66. Pelosi and Pence were too, but they were whisked off to safety before the others. AOC was left unprotected, and something scared her badly enough to keep her out of the packed "safe room" where the QAnon Reps were refusing to wear face masks and tweeting Pelosi's location to the rioters. She and the other Maga favorite targets also needed special protection.

by Anonymousreply 67January 16, 2021 9:01 AM

OMG, R55! That is VIOLENCE!!!

However, the fact that this evil bitch (there you have a little more violence) campaigned on medicare for all and the de-escalation of war, protecting the poor and creating a fairer society, and has then voted for the largest upward transfer of wealth in history, increasing army budgets, giving next-to-nothing to people in need and leaving people who don't have health coverage to die, is perfectly fine and dandy, isn't it? 70,000 people die every year in the US because they don't have access to healthcare and yet, when grassroots activists demanded that she force a vote on medicare for all, she started saying that "these people are not accredited activists" (I didn't know that there was an Activist Accreditation Organism that handed out membership cards), and started a defamation campaign against them.

Also, when this evil sow gaslights everyone by claiming she wants the opposite of what she does, isn't that violence? Also, when Rashida Tlaib and this narcissist call Orange Bowl "a motherfucker", that is not an insult? And I am not a fan of Trump, but since when did these people become the moral arbiters of America? Who has given them the authority to decide who deserves and who doesn't deserve to be insulted under any circumstances?

The so-called Justice Democrats are a failure and you pseudo-leftist apologists, are an embarrassment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 16, 2021 11:14 AM

[quote] A photographer snapped Pillow's notes and the words "martial law" were revealed.

No, no, no, silly. That’s not what it said. Y’all read it wrong. It said [italic]merger[/italic] law. Mr. Trump, being such a brilliant businessman, I wanted to ask him about it. I’m thinking of merging with Sleepy’s.

by Anonymousreply 69January 16, 2021 2:00 PM

R68 eats piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles and piles AND YET MORE PILES of SHIT.

by Anonymousreply 70January 16, 2021 3:44 PM

And *has* piles, I assume, r70.

by Anonymousreply 71January 16, 2021 3:51 PM

Can someone explain more about the "safe rooms?"

Were the right-wing Deplorable fascist Congresspeople taken to the same room as Democrats? Why?

They should have been sequestered and protected by party affiliation, specifically because the Republican traitors were telling the insurrectionists where to go!!!

And that QANON CUNT was revealing Nancy Pelosi's location!

What a stupid idea to shelter them together.

In my opinion, Republicans should not have been protected at all.

They were the ones who brought the MAGATS to Washington DC, so they should have been shoved out the front door to deal with the rabid crowds.

And if they died in the process, well then SO BE IT.

by Anonymousreply 72January 16, 2021 7:09 PM

R53/R68 needs to be investigated by the FBI.

by Anonymousreply 73January 16, 2021 7:46 PM

[quote] Were the right-wing Deplorable fascist Congresspeople taken to the same room as Democrats? Why?

Because when the safe rooms become a necessity, the shit has hit the fan already. They aren’t about to ask party affiliations before huddling people in a ‘safe room.’ Picture that bullshit: “Oh, you’re a Democrat? Sorry, this area of safety isn’t for you, only repigs. What you want to do is go all the way down this hall here, make a left, then a quick right....”

Are you serious?

[quote]They should have been sequestered and protected by party affiliation, specifically because the Republican traitors were telling the insurrectionists where to go!!!

And who the hell would've even THOUGHT of something like that beforehand? Besides, if they were in the same room, maybe it would actually help. At least we know if they had weapons they wouldn’t have mowed down the whole room. Also, if I am someone giving locations to the rioters, am I really going to give my location too?

When you’re dealing with an emergency of any kind, time is of the essence. Can you imagine the heads we would be calling for if the repigs told democrats they couldn’t come in their safe room? Worse if one of them got hurt or even killed because they wouldn’t let them in?!

Say there was an attack on the White House and there were Dems there to meet with trump. Does Trump say, “sorry, this bunker is only for repigs. Go find safety outside of this house because these safety protocols are only for one party.”

JFC

by Anonymousreply 74January 16, 2021 8:25 PM

R74, are you not paying attention or are you just willfully ignorant? Or worse, are you attempting to sow diinformation?

There were members of Congress who felt extremely unsafe being locked up with some of there colleagues because those colleagues 1) are known white supremacists and/or Q nuts, 2) are known to carry weapons within the Capitol, 3) have a history of being openly hostile, and 4) refused to wear a mask inside the safe room to the point of being belligerent and even mocking those members who urged them to wear a mask. These are the same colleagues who were tweeting and live streaming the locations of known political targets. That is why AOC and other members of Congress preferred to fend for themselves rather than be locked up with these internal Trump allies.

by Anonymousreply 75January 16, 2021 8:49 PM

[quote]I think she has been put in an ever increasing position of power with no knowledge or experience guide her in making important decisions

She doesn't have any power. She regularly complains that Pelosi isn't allowing any younger Democrats to be groomed for leadership positions.

by Anonymousreply 76January 16, 2021 8:56 PM

They could’ve fended for themselves. No one was “forced” into a room. In fact, some were “stuck” in the chambers balcony. Some returned to their offices, which was how Pressley found out her panic alarm had been ripped out.

You’re in an emergency situation. Nobody has time to sit and check who is affiliated with what party! Talk about willfully ignorant. Did you see the video of them going to the members in the chambers and saying “protestors are in the building”?

Now you expect these police officers, before ushering people to the safest location with the shortest distance from where they’re standing at that time to ask party affiliations so they can split them up like grade schoolers at a fucking fire drill?!

Exactly how many safe rooms do you think exist, anyway?

You’d be singing a different tune if, say, AOC was injured because she wasn’t allowed into that specific safe room, but had to go elsewhere due to her party affiliation only.

FOH with that crap.

by Anonymousreply 77January 16, 2021 8:56 PM

Pressley said that she knew the panic buttons in her office used to be there, because she had used them before. I'd like to know what previous situations occurred in the Capitol that required her to use her office's panic buttons??

by Anonymousreply 78January 16, 2021 9:07 PM

They have drills, r78.

by Anonymousreply 79January 16, 2021 9:12 PM

I still say that Republicans should have been shoved out the windows of the Capitol, into the "loving" arms of their constituents.

by Anonymousreply 80January 16, 2021 11:12 PM

Was her Close Encounter of the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd kind?

by Anonymousreply 81January 17, 2021 5:10 PM

Jesus. You couldn’t even get past r1, you fucking idiot?

by Anonymousreply 82January 17, 2021 7:05 PM

Is it me or is she being too coy about the details? Doesn't make for a good story and sounds possibly made up. There's no details whatsoever. All she'd have to say is that she was confronted, within x amount of feet of protestors, etc.

by Anonymousreply 83January 17, 2021 7:42 PM

fake fake fake

by Anonymousreply 84January 17, 2021 7:48 PM

She's not making it up. When this shit is all over and we understand how far reaching the Nazi tentacles are in our law enforement, military and government, it will be chilling. When she's finally able to share the details, the same people shrieking fake, will be squealing that she's "reopening old wounds. Why bring up the past? It was over six months ago and there have only been a couple bombings since then. Just calm down snowflakes"

by Anonymousreply 85January 17, 2021 8:06 PM

I bet she knows who in that room helped those psychos get into the Capitol and can't say who they are due to ongoing investigations, I wonder if any of those Q idiots were dumb enough to threaten her to her face while they were hiding.

by Anonymousreply 86January 17, 2021 8:16 PM

I’d keep a ratty blond wig, big glasses, and a red maga hat In my office so I could walk right by the zombies and leave.

by Anonymousreply 87January 17, 2021 8:31 PM

R11 Fuck you Cletus

by Anonymousreply 88January 17, 2021 9:08 PM

Did AOC have "panic buttons" as well, or just Presley?

by Anonymousreply 89January 18, 2021 2:00 PM

[quote]I am happy to work with Republicans on this issue where there’s common ground, but you almost had me murdered 3 weeks ago so you can sit this one out. Happy to work w/ almost any other GOP that aren’t trying to get me killed. In the meantime if you want to help, you can resign.

In the past I have been half inclined to say AOC and Ted Cruz should fuck and get it over with, but jeez, after the dust has settled it will be very interesting and very scary to hear how close the insurrectionists got to them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 28, 2021 6:08 PM

Well, since the Deplorables and Log Cabinettes here practically foam at the mouth at the mention of AOC, this tracks quite easily.

She really sets right-wing loons off.

by Anonymousreply 91January 28, 2021 6:14 PM

Oh God, she's such a drama queen. It's always about her. How dare she slander people?

The fear she claims she felt that day is nothing compared to the fear that was felt in neighborhoods all over the country as her friends BLM/Antifa burned and looted.

by Anonymousreply 92January 28, 2021 6:21 PM

I hope AOC causes Mitch McConnell to have a massive coronary so his black heart splits open like a rotting peach!

by Anonymousreply 93January 28, 2021 6:36 PM

r92, meet r91

by Anonymousreply 94January 29, 2021 5:45 AM

Cori Bush and others are harassed by MTG.

[quote]A maskless Marjorie Taylor Greene & her staff berated me in a hallway. She targeted me & others on social media. I'm moving my office away from hers for my team's safety. I've called for the expulsion of members who incited the insurrection from Day 1. Bring H.Res 25 to a vote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95January 30, 2021 3:12 AM

This is from the Washington Post today. There's LOTS of video footage that we haven't seen, including the Capitol security cameras.

"House Democrats have sought out new cellphone footage of the Capitol siege as well as updated details about injured police officers as they seek to build an emotionally compelling impeachment case against former president Donald Trump. The goal is to present the Senate with fresh evidence that reveals what Trump knew in advance of the Jan. 6 rampage at the Capitol, as well as how his words and actions influenced those who participated. The rioting left five dead, including one member of the U.S. Capitol Police. In addition, two officers, one with the D.C. Police Department, have since died by suicide. The effort to present new video evidence and witness testimony appears designed to make Republican senators as uncomfortable as possible as they prepare to vote to acquit Trump, as most have indicated they will do. The prospect of injured police officers describing the brutality of pro-Trump rioters to Republicans who regularly present themselves as advocates of law enforcement could make for an extraordinary, nationally televised scene."

by Anonymousreply 96January 30, 2021 3:30 AM

Always On Camera is really working the "Woman in Peril" drama a bit, huh?

Does she do much other than get all sassy on Twitter?

by Anonymousreply 97January 30, 2021 5:33 AM

You're just jealous because she's smarter and prettier than you R97 but I'm guessing most everyone is smarter and prettier than you.

by Anonymousreply 98January 30, 2021 9:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!