Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RIP Adolfo "Shabba-Doo" Quinones, star of "Breakin" and "Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo"

NYTimes obituary.

He's waackin in heaven now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 16, 2021 7:56 AM

Old news, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1January 15, 2021 3:33 PM

He got stuck in the '80s.

by Anonymousreply 2January 15, 2021 3:34 PM

And yet, the obituary was published just the day before yesterday, r1.

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2021 3:50 PM

I wonder how he felt about boogaloo being used as a reference to a second U.S. civil war? Now the angels know.

by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2021 3:52 PM

R3 And yet, dozens of other stories were published when he actually died:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2021 4:12 PM

This is literally news from LAST YEAR

by Anonymousreply 6January 15, 2021 4:22 PM

And yet, r3, this could have been added to the original thread about his death, instead of starting a new thread.

by Anonymousreply 7January 15, 2021 4:41 PM

I love the idea of 'waackin in heaven'!

by Anonymousreply 8January 15, 2021 5:11 PM

I only learned of his death on another thread today; don't know how I missed this one. Toni Basil is still kicking; Fred "Rerun" Perry died several years ago.

Soul Train! "Love, peace and soul"

RIP, Shabba.

by Anonymousreply 9January 16, 2021 3:34 AM

The NY Times article mentioned that he helped "advise" dancers on one of DL's most favorite guilty pleasures, XANADU. He's in the big finale....as one of the pop-locking Zoot-suiters.

by Anonymousreply 10February 16, 2021 7:15 AM

r10 I thought it was him, but I read an interview where Shabba said it's not him. It sure as hell looks like him, and moves like him, but he said it's not.

Here is the interview. He comes off rather arrogant and rather dismissive of his Breakin' stars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 16, 2021 7:19 AM

Which one of you old coots had him?

by Anonymousreply 12February 16, 2021 7:38 AM

I thought those movies were the stupidest things ever made. Who ever thought doing a film about dancers acting like they are having a stroke and call it dancing. Yeah let's have a dance off and save the neighborhood community center

by Anonymousreply 13February 16, 2021 7:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!