Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BREAKING: 54% say Pres. Trump should be charged criminally with inciting a riot

Nine in 10 Americans oppose the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, seven in 10 say Donald Trump bears at least some responsibility for it and a majority in a new ABC News/Washington Post poll – 56% – favors efforts in Congress to bar him from holding elected office again.

Fifty-four percent in the national survey also say Trump should be charged criminally with inciting a riot for having encouraged his supporters to march on the Capitol. More, 66%, say he has behaved irresponsibly, more broadly, in his statements and actions since the election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 15, 2021 12:31 PM

This is some good news to start the day.

by Anonymousreply 1January 15, 2021 10:32 AM

[quote] Nine in 10 Americans oppose the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol,

I’d say, OP, that the average is even higher than that.

by Anonymousreply 2January 15, 2021 10:45 AM

The numbers they didn't reveal: 85% of Republicans think Trump was perfectly justified in what he did because of rampant election fraud.

That's the number that's truly frightening.

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2021 11:48 AM

I honestly wonder if they truly believe that or they’re just saying that for their own purposes.

I mean, who the fuck would think if you went against a president you and your family would receive credible death threats? That’s fucking outrageous!

by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2021 11:57 AM

It should be 99%. I’m leaving 1% out for mental defectives.

This country is so fucked.

by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2021 12:02 PM

The dump administration has made it perfectly clear America has much higher than 1% of its population that is mentally defective

by Anonymousreply 6January 15, 2021 12:11 PM

The impeachment is a criminal charge, it's an indictment.

He should also be federally charged by, say, the FBI, I'm sure that's what they're talking about here, and I agree.

by Anonymousreply 7January 15, 2021 12:13 PM

R6, true. We learned that lesson about 71 million times on election night.

by Anonymousreply 8January 15, 2021 12:15 PM

Where did you even get that number, R3? I can't find anything that says so.

Only 70% of Republicans support Trump, that's a huge drop, he was at 87% per Gallup before the coup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 15, 2021 12:15 PM

And here r3, this says only 45% of Republicans support the coup.

Are you just confused or are you one of those trolls trying to make it seem like everything is doomed and "Trump will win again" and such?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 15, 2021 12:17 PM

That’s a fucked up article at r10.

Did anyone read the lede sentence? Jesus Christ on a cracker.

by Anonymousreply 11January 15, 2021 12:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!