Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Celebrities whose death prevented them from being MAGAts

Elvis Presley, Joan Rivers, Donna Summers

Who else?

by Anonymousreply 84January 30, 2021 2:12 PM

Elvis. Angela Lansbury. Ann-Margret.

by Anonymousreply 1January 15, 2021 6:47 AM

Phyllis Thaxton

by Anonymousreply 2January 15, 2021 6:48 AM

Mick Jagger, Miss Kay Lenz, Joan Crawford.

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2021 6:49 AM

Jerry Lewis, Candy Spelling, Cory Koons.

by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2021 6:50 AM

Bunny Blake

by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2021 6:52 AM

omg - there was more than one Donna Summer?

by Anonymousreply 6January 15, 2021 6:55 AM

News of my death has been greatly exaggerated.

by Anonymousreply 7January 15, 2021 7:13 AM

Donna Summer would never have supported Dotard.

by Anonymousreply 8January 15, 2021 7:14 AM

Donna Summers was a jesus freak who hated gays and had zero sense of humor about her failed career. She would have sung at Trump's inaugural, if asked.

by Anonymousreply 9January 15, 2021 7:19 AM

Phyllis Schlafly

by Anonymousreply 10January 15, 2021 7:24 AM

Ann-Margret, Angela Lansbury & Mick Jagger are still alive.

by Anonymousreply 11January 15, 2021 7:38 AM

Joan Rivers would have never supported Trump.

by Anonymousreply 12January 15, 2021 7:41 AM

Chris Gaines, Jem, Hannah Montanna.

by Anonymousreply 13January 15, 2021 7:42 AM

Adolf Hitler

by Anonymousreply 14January 15, 2021 7:46 AM

r11 What about ME?

by Anonymousreply 15January 15, 2021 7:47 AM

Angela Lansbury died in 2014. I remember, because my grandmother cried half the day. Mick Jagger committed suicide - it was in the news cycle for weeks. Ann-Margret passed from choking. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 16January 15, 2021 7:52 AM

This thread is a fucking disaster l

by Anonymousreply 17January 15, 2021 8:13 AM

OP - bitch please, not Donna and Joan.

by Anonymousreply 18January 15, 2021 8:19 AM

Nixon

by Anonymousreply 19January 15, 2021 8:19 AM

Ginger Fucking Rogers

by Anonymousreply 20January 15, 2021 8:22 AM

Sally Fields and Ringo Starrs

by Anonymousreply 21January 15, 2021 8:22 AM

Jimmy Stewart owns this thread.

by Anonymousreply 22January 15, 2021 8:23 AM

Eva Brauns

by Anonymousreply 23January 15, 2021 8:25 AM

Freida Claxton

by Anonymousreply 24January 15, 2021 8:26 AM

Paul McCartney

by Anonymousreply 25January 15, 2021 8:26 AM

Yes, both Sally Fields and her sister Strawberry would have been waving the MAGA flag. Unfortunately, Sally was killed in a horrible surfing accident and Strawberry ingested some pesticide. RIP

But I understand their mother, comedian Totie Fields, is still going strong.

by Anonymousreply 26January 15, 2021 8:56 AM

Are you all picking on the OP?

🙃

by Anonymousreply 27January 15, 2021 9:03 AM

R26, Don’t forget the black sheep of the family, Kim Fields.

by Anonymousreply 28January 15, 2021 9:25 AM

R12 honey, they were friends, she was a Republican, and she helped spread the "Obama is gay and Michelle is a secret tranny" QAnon-adjacent bullshit, in ways that made it clear she thought calling someone gay was an insult.

Melissa has been trying to rehabilitate their image a bit -- she is always saying they were "socially liberal Republicans" -- but they were both Repugs and neither your friend nor ally.

by Anonymousreply 29January 15, 2021 9:41 AM

Fred Trump

by Anonymousreply 30January 15, 2021 9:49 AM

Leona Helmsley will always be remembered for one of the most arrogant statements ever uttered: "We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes." A touching sentiment from the New York hotel tycoon widely dubbed the "Queen of Mean"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 15, 2021 9:52 AM

John Wayne

Frank Sinatra

Jeffrey Dahmer

by Anonymousreply 32January 15, 2021 9:55 AM

Liberace

by Anonymousreply 33January 15, 2021 9:55 AM

Elvis Presley was a liberal.

by Anonymousreply 34January 15, 2021 3:02 PM

Sam Kinison

by Anonymousreply 35January 15, 2021 3:18 PM

“I’m not a dried up Quaker, sitting on my ass, knitting doilies.”

by Anonymousreply 36January 15, 2021 4:34 PM

Roy Cohn

by Anonymousreply 37January 15, 2021 8:02 PM

I don't see Joan Rivers going MAGA.

Jerry Lewis and Donna Summer - yes.

Interestingly, I actually do NOT think Ronald Reagan would have been MAGA, no matter how frequently he's invoked by those idiots.

by Anonymousreply 38January 15, 2021 8:16 PM

Archie Bunker

by Anonymousreply 39January 15, 2021 8:20 PM

I don't know about MAGA but I think America is CONSTIPATED so instead of MAGA we need MADA-Make America Defecate Again.

by Anonymousreply 40January 15, 2021 8:21 PM

Charlton Heston

Frank Capra

Cecil B. DeMille

by Anonymousreply 41January 15, 2021 8:23 PM

Glenn Ford

Kirk Douglas

Pearl Bailey

by Anonymousreply 42January 15, 2021 8:33 PM

John Wayne

by Anonymousreply 43January 15, 2021 8:47 PM

Not Sinatra R32

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 15, 2021 8:53 PM

Victor McLaglen would have been a Proud Boys corps leader.

by Anonymousreply 45January 15, 2021 9:48 PM

Sinatra would had “the boys” take Trump out four years ago.

by Anonymousreply 46January 15, 2021 9:55 PM

Lee Atwater

by Anonymousreply 47January 15, 2021 10:04 PM

Donna Summer did not hate gays. If she was guilty of anything it was not being a more vocal ally--like, you know, 99% of straight people. Politically, she tended to follow her husband's beliefs--and her husband HATES Trump and is very vocal about how intolerant abd disgusting Trump is.

by Anonymousreply 48January 15, 2021 10:12 PM

Yes, R48, there's no first-hand source for the Donna Summer anti-gay rumor. As I recall, it first turned up in gossip columns, as though it had been planted by someone with a grudge.

by Anonymousreply 49January 15, 2021 10:21 PM

Phyllis Schlafly

by Anonymousreply 50January 15, 2021 10:23 PM

Ann-Margret is a Repug? Why am I not surprised?

by Anonymousreply 51January 15, 2021 10:26 PM

R44 beat me to it.

Sinatra was scum, but THERE ARE LIMITS.

by Anonymousreply 52January 15, 2021 10:46 PM

R52- Sinatra was ONLY skilled at BANGIN THE BROADS.

by Anonymousreply 53January 15, 2021 10:54 PM

Joan Rivers may have been a Republican, and maybe she even would have voted for Trump in 2016, thinking that the dignity of the office of the Presidency would chasten him. But she was a New Yorker, and a very intelligent woman. I don't think she would have stuck with him, once she saw who he actually is.

by Anonymousreply 54January 15, 2021 11:04 PM

Elvis Presley did not give a damn about politics. He didn't care who was in the White House. There are photos of him with Nixon, though. Elvis, who collected badges, wanted a badge from the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs and to be named a “Federal Agent at Large.” So he sucked up to Nixon to get one. He told Nixon was "on his side" and that he could be very helpful in the fight against drugs, which of course was hilarious because Elvis was a hard core drug addict. He was also very crazy by that point, telling Nixon he had been 'studying Communist brainwashing and the drug culture for over ten years" and that he was "accepted by the hippies" so he infiltrate their ranks and get information from them. Anyway, it was really just a photo op for both of them. Elvis got his badge, it was an honorary one, but he thought it was real. At any rate, Elvis couldn't have care less about supporting Nixon. He was apolitical; I don't think he ever voted in his life.

by Anonymousreply 55January 15, 2021 11:07 PM

Ugh. Donna Summer was an African American woman. Most MAGAs are WHITE!

by Anonymousreply 56January 15, 2021 11:09 PM

MAYBE, R54? Rivers would have gladly voted for Trump and admitted it publicly. She knew exactly what he was, and would only have turned on him after the tax cut.

R55, yes, Elvis didn't care about politics, and like most people he knew nothing about politics or government. But Elvis did sway conservative. All those communists and hippies liberals did not appeal to him. If he were alive today, Elvis would be disgusted with all the godless gays and illegals taking over. He'd LOVE Trump.

by Anonymousreply 57January 15, 2021 11:17 PM

Agreed R54. But Joan was classist, elitist and racist. There's no way around that. However, she was a much more authentic "friend to the gays" than Kathy Griffin. Joan took care of many of her gay friends, financially and emotionally. I would know a bit about that. She was truly a loving, warm, hysterically funny and completely incorrect woman. A snobby New York Jew. Rivers was no civil rights activist. But a pal to many people and the most loyal of friends to ANYONE she cared for.

Donna Summer WAS a complete religious nutjob homophobe. It's not a rumor. A rumor does not destroy your career. She didn't exist in cancel culture times. She lost her career because 90 percent of her fanbase were gay and she HATED that. She certainly never acknowledged them - until she tried to do some damage control. She even disowned the meanings of her songs. Great voice but an emotionless singer. Some people have built in soul to their vocal sound, but are personally nothing of the sort. Donna Summer deserved to have her career die. Her voice held up beautifully, but she was a legacy artist singing songs she didn't believe in to an audience that she disapproved of. She should have just switched to Xtian Music and had it out with god, later. Which came soon.

by Anonymousreply 58January 15, 2021 11:19 PM

If I may add a name to the opposite column, Lauren Bacall's death prevented her from becoming a raucously outspoken Trump hater. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 59January 15, 2021 11:26 PM

Loretta Young.

Dorothy Kilgallen.

Jeanne Bice.

by Anonymousreply 60January 15, 2021 11:37 PM

Note: loving Trump and being a MAGA can have nothing to do with VOTING for Trump. It's an affiliation, a hero worship, a devotion to his name and persona.

by Anonymousreply 61January 16, 2021 12:16 AM

I think it depends on whether or not Elvis had been brainwashed by Fox News. Don't forget he loved people (MLK, Ali) the right wing hated back then.

by Anonymousreply 62January 30, 2021 5:57 AM

Also do not forget he was friends with Sal Mineo back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 63January 30, 2021 5:59 AM

[quote]News of my death has been greatly exaggerated.

News of my death has been greatly exaggerated.

Same here, still fine,

She sends her wickedness.

by Anonymousreply 64January 30, 2021 6:06 AM

[quote]Sally Fields

Sally Fields? She's a hardcore Liberal and she's not dead yet. She hates Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 30, 2021 6:10 AM

Where's the proof Ann-Margret is a Republican? And what's all this tired cunting on Donna Summer?

by Anonymousreply 66January 30, 2021 6:19 AM

And Ann-Margret isn't dead, numbnuts.

by Anonymousreply 67January 30, 2021 6:20 AM

Dixie Carter

by Anonymousreply 68January 30, 2021 6:29 AM

Ann Margaret died in 2016, at 84. She was once married to Larry King. RIP to the both of them.

by Anonymousreply 69January 30, 2021 6:31 AM

[quote]I don't see Joan Rivers going MAGA.

She would totally be MAGA. Even with that blow out on his reality show. She worshiped money above all as and would flip on a dime for it. She was already a hardcore Republican as it was, she LOVED making fun of Bill Clinton and the blue dress stains. Even in her personal life, when the writers of her last show wanted to unionize, she fought them tooth and nail and when it went public, she tried to blame the producers saying it was out of her hands. At that point she was worth over 100 million dollars, she could have paid their salaries 1000 times over or at least backed them up. But nope, writers getting union pay was worth letting them go.

She would be kissing Donald's ring, claiming Melania was the most beautiful first lady and praising Ivanka's conversion to Judaism. All so she could get invited to the White House.

by Anonymousreply 70January 30, 2021 6:32 AM

R69 is unamusing.

by Anonymousreply 71January 30, 2021 6:33 AM

Since when is death funny R71? Ann Margaret was an old time whore, but she deserves some respect. She choked on a whisper.

by Anonymousreply 72January 30, 2021 6:37 AM

[quote]Ugh. Donna Summer was an African American woman. Most MAGAs are WHITE!

Most, is not all. 20% of African Americans still voted for Trump. Just look at all the Rappers that were pro Trump. Plus she was always a liar. She lied about saying anti-gay stuff on stage after she got born again, lied about how she was basically tricked into making those moaning sex sounds on her first album, she even lied about having cancer when she was circling the drain.

But I will cut her some slack, she never seemed terribly bright, more go with the crowd that she's around kind of personality. She did kind of crudely try to apologize about the anti-gay thing writing a letter to Act-Up at the time which they kept private for years but called off the dogs for her. I could see her as voting for Trump, preforming at his gigs, but when all hell broke lose just disappear without an opinion. Sort of like Terri Nunn of Berlin.

by Anonymousreply 73January 30, 2021 6:51 AM

Joan credited the celeb apprentice show for reviving her career.

Didn’t Donna sue and win a settlement from the New Yorker for publishing that she made anti gay comments at a concert? I never heard her say she was tricked into making sounds for her first album, she did start performing some of love to love you baby. Donna didn’t lie about cancer because other than her family no one knew and her death was a shock. Donna performed at Obama’s Nobel awards ceremony in 2009. I don’t know about her politics, but her husband and both daughters with him have been pretty anti trump on social media.

by Anonymousreply 74January 30, 2021 6:57 AM

Speaking of Elvis, does anyone know if Pricilla is a Republican or Democrat?

by Anonymousreply 75January 30, 2021 7:06 AM

R12 she absolutely would have supported her buddy, Donald. She was an old salty cunt. I don’t care what that old bitch did for our community. It doesn’t undo the fact that she was bitter and hateful.

by Anonymousreply 76January 30, 2021 7:12 AM

I hate to say it but I do wonder about Jackie Collins. She voted Republican and seemed very anti Hillary and Obama going by her twitter.

by Anonymousreply 77January 30, 2021 7:13 AM

[quote]Donna didn’t lie about cancer because other than her family no one knew and her death was a shock

Yeah, that's called a lie when the public doesn't know after being asked about rumors she might be dying. I heard it with my own ears while she was being interview on the radio shortly before her death.

[quote] Donna sue and win a settlement from the New Yorker for publishing that she made anti gay comments

Me too, I sued that horrible rag called Daily Mirror for having the never to call me a homosexual, I won that too. - Liberace

by Anonymousreply 78January 30, 2021 7:52 AM

Pat Buchanan.

by Anonymousreply 79January 30, 2021 8:18 AM

R62, you're thinking too literally. MAGAs don't analyze, they go with a gut feeling.

"Sally Fields?"

Sally FIELD, anyone?

by Anonymousreply 80January 30, 2021 1:19 PM

Elvis never commented on politics during his career. He didn’t want to alienate his fans.

As for Joan Rivers, I don’t think she would’ve been a Trump supporter, politically. She was a very intelligent woman, and would’ve been appalled by Trump’s antics of ruining the country. Also, if she went MAGA, she would’ve enraged her fan base, such as straight women and gay men.

by Anonymousreply 81January 30, 2021 1:40 PM

Donald Trump HATED Leona Helmsley, and she HATED him just as equally. They were bitter rivals, and I suspect that Trump was extremely jealous of Helmsley empire.

by Anonymousreply 82January 30, 2021 1:51 PM

R81, you keep saying Joan Rivers was a "intelligent woman." Intelligence has nothing to do with Trump support, ignorance and selfishness does. I don't think Joan would ever have become a full fledged MAGA, but she would have been happy for the tax cut and keep her mouth SHUT.

by Anonymousreply 83January 30, 2021 1:56 PM

R78 is a tiresome twat.

by Anonymousreply 84January 30, 2021 2:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!