Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pisa's Santa Maria della Spina Church

If you've visited Pisa, you'll probably arrived by train, and after you've had been to one or several major cities.

This chuch is located midway beetween Pisa's train station and the area of the Duomo and Tower, and appears quite suddenly after walking narrow streets. Personally I thought is was gorgeous albeit LOL-worthy. It's like it is the Doumo of Milan but for little mice.

Thoughts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 20, 2021 10:39 PM

I LOLed. :)

by Anonymousreply 1January 15, 2021 3:51 AM
by Anonymousreply 2January 20, 2021 9:09 PM

10 years of mass immigration has pretty much ruined the Italian charm of Pisa.

by Anonymousreply 3January 20, 2021 9:22 PM

Reminds me somewhat of Santa Maria dei Miracoli in Venice, not in style, but in position and cuteness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 20, 2021 9:28 PM

Why does the Santa Maria della Spina Church have TWO front doors?

by Anonymousreply 5January 20, 2021 9:37 PM

A duomo for little mice.

How delightful!

by Anonymousreply 6January 20, 2021 9:57 PM

It looks cute in pics but totally underwhelming in real life. It reminded me of a glorified garage. Actually, the whole old town of Pisa (minus the cathedral) is ugly as fuck. Many guide books say it's one of the hidden jewels of Italy (because most tourist never bother exploring its streets) but it's an utterly charmless place with a weird creepy vibe to it.

by Anonymousreply 7January 20, 2021 10:34 PM

I love both of those churches. I've been to the little one in Venice at R4 and it truly is wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 8January 20, 2021 10:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!