Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Black officer facing Capitol Mob hailed as a hero

When I saw this video, I was so scared for this black officer. He was alone and facing an angry mob filled with White supremists.

He is now credited with singlehandedly defending the Senate from a mob of Trump supporters during last Wednesday' riots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 17, 2021 2:56 AM

He is to be commended

by Anonymousreply 1January 15, 2021 12:50 AM

[bold]‘He's a Hero!': Capitol Officer Could Receive Congressional Gold Medal[/bold]

Heralded as a hero for his quick-thinking actions during last week's riot, a U.S. Capitol Police officer from Prince George's County, Maryland, could receive a Congressional Gold Medal.

The officer, Eugene Goodman, diverted a group of rioters from the Senate chamber, where lawmakers were taking cover, NBC News reported. His efforts were captured in a viral video, which shows him confronting the group's leader and walking in the opposite direction of the chamber, prompting the rioters to chase him, NBC News reported.

"He's a hero!" Rep. Charlie Crist, D-Fla., said of Goodman in a statement. "The United States Capitol was under attack by armed, violent extremists, and Officer Eugene Goodman was the only thing standing between the mob and the United States Senate. I shudder to think what might have happened had it not been for Officer Goodman's fast thinking and commitment to his duty and his country."

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 15, 2021 12:54 AM

Not worthy of a Medal of Freedom, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2021 12:56 AM

From far away, it's hard to tell how he looks like but he's handsome. Doesn't like the limelight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2021 1:06 AM

How many of those ravening monsters in human form plaster their social media accounts with "THIN BLUE LINE" and police worship crap?

80% at least.

by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2021 1:17 AM

The first time I saw that video clip I was focusing on why he was all alone. The second time I viewed it I realized he was likely drawing the violent seditionists away from the chamber where congress was. Yes he is a hero.

by Anonymousreply 6January 15, 2021 1:18 AM

He was probably able to draw them away, because he and his co-workers knew damn well that some of those vile terrorists were eager for the chance to kill a black man. He was deliberately risking his life to save others, to save democracy, and a person can't get a lot braver than that.

Gawd, it's such a chilling thought. Everyone in that mob has been photographed, they should ALL, every one, stay in jail until they're old and incontinent! They were there to kill.

by Anonymousreply 7January 15, 2021 1:24 AM

I hope he gets a medal and his face on a postage stamp.

by Anonymousreply 8January 15, 2021 1:27 AM

His Congressional Medal of Honor has more meaning and more stature than those empty toy medals given to Jim Jordan and Devin Nunes. This guy saved Jordan and Nunes lives. The mob killed an officer who was a Trump supporter so they could have easily killed them too.

by Anonymousreply 9January 15, 2021 1:30 AM

Astounding that this hasn't gotten more play. He did the exact thing an LEO is taught and trains for. Believe me, if he looked like Madison Cawthorn (face) or was a Nave SEAL you would be seeing this about, oh I don't know, a million times a day, maybe.

I hope someone is whispering in Biden's ear to give this man a Medal of Freedom on January 21st.

by Anonymousreply 10January 15, 2021 1:31 AM

[quote]I hope he gets a medal and his face on a postage stamp.

Nope, Mr. Goodman's heroics will be swept into the waste bin of nonessential historic memory.

Remember Frank Wills? Thought not.

by Anonymousreply 11January 15, 2021 1:35 AM

[quote] He was probably able to draw them away, because he and his co-workers knew damn well that some of those vile terrorists were eager for the chance to kill a black man.

I don't think it was a plan, he was just unlucky to be there by himself. He was on walk-talkie and saying "Senate floor." Black cops often say that they feel like outsiders in LEO.

by Anonymousreply 12January 15, 2021 1:35 AM

I think a medal's a little much.

How about a couple of Popeye's gift cards?

by Anonymousreply 13January 15, 2021 2:08 AM

I see MAGA cunts have arrived on this thread

by Anonymousreply 14January 15, 2021 2:13 AM

New video of Officer Goodman leading the mob up the stairs. If you watch it til the end, you'll see a side-by-side show of the viral video and the new one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 17, 2021 2:40 AM

Those Magats are idiots. The FBI now now has access to our of the videos they posted and their cell numbers.

by Anonymousreply 16January 17, 2021 2:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!