Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ukranian Artist Ivan Myasoedov (1881-1953)

At the risk of starting one too many threads on old-time artists - I've been fascinated by this fellow and would like to know more about him. I'm pretty certain he was gay, by the look of some of these photographs. He wrote a "Manifesto of Nakedness", something to do with the theater. I think he's quite striking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2021 11:13 PM

Another pic in fancy garb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2021 8:56 PM

Another not-so-flattering pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2021 8:57 PM

The little bug-eyed bastard!

by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2021 8:57 PM

A short biography with a manly-looking pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2021 8:58 PM

I'm sure many of you have stories to tell about Ivan. Kudos if you can link him to Melania or Ivanka!

by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2021 8:59 PM

A very Bacchic look, very Dionysiac, in those first pics. Fin-de-siècle Classicism taking a decadent turn. He could also work as Heracles. Question, OP: did he surround his image with nymphs or satyrs? Cuz there's your answer.

by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2021 9:05 PM

I haven't found any other pics of him yet R6, but I'm looking. I found one page that said he "Died Meat Eaters in Buenos Aires"; wonder what that means!

by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2021 9:45 PM

Wow, there are actually nude photos of him! Not gay, though, he was married. Went to Spain, became a circus wrestler and a weightlifter named "Hercules", lived in Liechtenstein, convicted numerous times of forgery, had to flee to Argentina where he died. Interesting and, hey, we all learned something today!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2021 9:54 PM

Looks like the kind of guy who spends hours looking in the mirror, trying to come up with new ways to look more Dionysian and Byronic.

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2021 11:07 PM

"MORE DIONYSUS AND LESS BACCHUS!"

by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2021 11:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!