Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Visitors to US will now need to show proof of a negative Covid test or a Covid vaccination.

So what about US citizens travelling overseas. We will likely have to show the same proof to other countries that we visit, but will we have to show a recent test when returning to the US?

by Anonymousreply 21January 15, 2021 2:06 AM

Yes, unless you fit into one of the very few exemptions. That’s one of the reasons for grace period to implement the new rules and behind airlines allowing changes to get back to the USA before then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2021 5:13 PM

More info including link to WSJ article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2021 5:15 PM

So I will need two Covid tests - one when departing for Europe, and one when returning to the US? I'll be gone for 2 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2021 5:19 PM

Likely yes. I'm trying to get home to visit relatives in the UK and Ireland this year and it is looking like we will need a negative test at both ends. TBH I'm not even confident that non-essential travel will be back and if it is there will be more changes as people get vaccinated on schedule (or not), testing becomes cheaper and more convenient (or not) etc..

by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2021 5:22 PM

QUIT FUCKING TRAVELING YOU FUCKING DIPSHITS!!!

by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2021 5:32 PM

Will that cut down on the dirty weekends in Puerto Vallarta?

by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2021 5:38 PM

Why the hell are people traveling?? Everything is closed anyway.

by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2021 5:51 PM

I assume OP means later this year rather than right now as yes much of Europe is shut down to a level most of the US is not and would be a wasted visit anyway.

But as I'm sure you guys know rich people don't accept rules so A-List gays are still going to PV and last summer they went to Turkey.

by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2021 6:11 PM

Lol...no one wants to travel to US until after the civil and covid wars are over! So like 2050?

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2021 6:17 PM

This is about a US citizen returning, nobody asked about visitors to the US although you will find that life goes on just like it did with 9/11, Bush and Iraq. People will still come to Disneyworld and the National Parks and to do road trips and I for one cannot wait to see visitors here again. Just like we go to Turkey and Eqypt and Mexico and Brazil and don't cower at home because of their political situation.

by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2021 6:22 PM

[quote]I'm trying to get home to visit relatives in the UK and Ireland this year and it is looking like we will need a negative test at both ends. T

They're going to test you in your ASS?

by Anonymousreply 11January 14, 2021 6:54 PM

It only took 8 months to come up with this logical rule.

by Anonymousreply 12January 14, 2021 6:56 PM

Who the fuck would want to travel to the USA right now? Pandemic hot spot and Trumptard insurrections.

by Anonymousreply 13January 14, 2021 7:22 PM

Paperwork can and will be forged. We need an app/QR code system to verify alongside government-issued ID.

by Anonymousreply 14January 14, 2021 8:13 PM

What if you catch it abroad? No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 15January 14, 2021 8:17 PM

Why would anyone fly into that petridish of pestilence?

by Anonymousreply 16January 14, 2021 8:28 PM

I don't have time to study for my COVID test.

by Anonymousreply 17January 14, 2021 8:37 PM

[quote] Paperwork can and will be forged. We need an app/QR code system to verify alongside government-issued ID.

Very true, r14. There’s a subreddit I saw where people are sharing and doctoring paperwork to get around COVID restrictions. The proof of negative paperwork can literally be forged with Microsoft word. There’s not uniform paperwork across individual states, let alone across the country...and forget worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 18January 14, 2021 8:51 PM

I wonder if proof of vaccination will be sufficient or if we will still need to get negative tests for flying regardless for the foreseeable future.

by Anonymousreply 19January 14, 2021 8:52 PM

Soon to be a major airport clusterfuck near you.

by Anonymousreply 20January 14, 2021 9:11 PM

Just bring in the fking chips already. Then they can scan my barcode ffs. I dont even cate anymore. Dystopia ahoy!

by Anonymousreply 21January 15, 2021 2:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!