Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump Is blowing apart the Republican Party. God bless him

[bold]Excellent opinion piece by Thomas L. Friedman.[/bold]

When all the facts come out about the treasonous attack on the US Capitol inspired by President Donald Trump, impeaching him three times won't feel sufficient. Consider this Washington Post headline from Monday: "Video Shows Capitol Mob Dragging Police Officer Down Stairs. One Rioter Beat the Officer With a Pole Flying the US Flag."

That said, while I want Trump out — and I don't mind him being silenced at such a tense time — I'm not sure I want him permanently off Twitter and Facebook. There's important work that I need Trump to perform in his post-presidency, and I need him to have proper megaphones to do it. It's to blow apart this Republican Party.

My No.1 wish for America today is for this Republican Party to fracture, splitting off the principled Republicans from the unprincipled Republicans and Trump cultists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1301/14/2021

And the Republican Party has been blowing Trump for years.

by Anonymousreply 101/14/2021

I totally agree. Even some of his hard core supporters in the community here seem to feel ashamed and deceived by him. ( I know, sigh) I think the momentum is gone and many wish things to return to normal. Too many are really hurting with job losses, lack of healthcare, covid . Then again, this could be wishful thinking on my part.

by Anonymousreply 201/14/2021

R2- Wrong thread, sorry!

by Anonymousreply 301/14/2021

And most of them are still blowing him and kissing his ass right now R1.

THAT'S why they're destroying themselves.

by Anonymousreply 401/14/2021

One side point: there's no such thing as an "excellent opinion piece by Tom Friedman". He's terrible.

by Anonymousreply 501/14/2021

Many only supported him because, for lack of a better word, peer pressure. The spouses, church members, ect., I feel long ago found him disgusting and destructive, disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 601/14/2021

He doesn't just need to be impeached and then convicted by the Senate. He needs to be prosecuted for treason.

by Anonymousreply 701/14/2021

Agreed R7.

by Anonymousreply 801/14/2021

Agree. They can not afford to allow him to go unpunished. Dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 901/14/2021

The GOP has been inventing a “Donald Trump” since the civil rights movement. But the monster got away from them. They’ve always been racist, but Trump is too vulgar about it.

by Anonymousreply 1001/14/2021

I'll believe it when I see it.

by Anonymousreply 1101/14/2021

He makes George Wallace and Strom Thurmond look like gentlemen and scholars. It amazes me that he was upset at how trashy the people were who were trashing the Capitol. He's the trashiest thing I've ever seen - Archie Bunker without the empathy.

by Anonymousreply 1201/14/2021

Yashar Ali:

The co-dependent relationship politically moderate white men over 50 have with Tom Friedman is something that should be studied by mental health experts.

by Anonymousreply 1301/14/2021
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!