Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Panic buttons were inexplicably torn out ahead of Capitol riots

“Every panic button in my office had been torn out — the whole unit,” Sarah Groh, Pressley’s chief of staff, recalled to The Boston Globe.

The buttons had been used before, and Groh said she had not switched offices since then. Exactly why they were not there when supporters of President Donald Trump sieged the halls of Congress was unclear to the staff, she said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 27, 2021 6:17 AM

Holy hell.

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2021 9:34 PM

Apparently someone removed the panic button from her beauty salon as well.

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2021 9:35 PM

Screams insider job.

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2021 9:35 PM

Inside job. They probably thought more Capitol police than the ones who helped enable it would come on board or step aside once everything started.

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2021 9:36 PM

Holy Christ democracy had a close call!

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2021 9:38 PM

I honestly don't think Pressley is ugly but her face is beat like a drag queen so she can look ridiculous at times against that backdrop. Does her health condition(s) and/or treatment cause cause skin problems, so maybe she actually needs heavy foundation?

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2021 9:38 PM

Anybody know if every Congressperson’s office has panic buttons? If so, why just hers being torn out? Or are we just not hearing about it?

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2021 9:40 PM

R2 probably thinks Trump is hot

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2021 9:41 PM

This is terrifying but I kinda had a feeling after reading that a congresswoman tweeted out Pelosi’s location during the riot. Between that and the wheelchair Nazi guy, nothing would surprise me. And yeah, it was a VERY close call for democracy.

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2021 9:43 PM

What is this person's health condition(s)?

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2021 9:43 PM

I thought she was bald because of some serious disease or treatment for a disease. Maybe I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2021 9:44 PM

I believe they all have panic buttons in their offices. I am sure there is tons still to come out about all this.

Considering at least one member of Congress was showing some of the insurrectionists around the day before, there is no doubt they had help on the inside. When it all comes out there are going to be more than one member of congress expelled.

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2021 9:45 PM

It's all coming out now.

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2021 9:46 PM

Alopecia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2021 9:47 PM

What makes you think it’s over R5? They’re planning attacks all over the country. A perfect opportunity for Trump to site the Insurrection Act and enact Martial Law.

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2021 9:47 PM

[quote] site

cite

by Anonymousreply 16January 13, 2021 9:49 PM

Who loves you baby!

by Anonymousreply 17January 13, 2021 9:50 PM

She just announced that her husband testing positive for Covid. Continued fallout from the 1/6 riot.

by Anonymousreply 18January 13, 2021 9:54 PM

AOC said her life was threatened but they are not supposed to disclose it now so there will be a lot of info coming out later

by Anonymousreply 19January 13, 2021 9:55 PM

Assuming that the Senate under Schumer will take up the conviction trial, a lot of bad stuff is going to come to light (contrast how McConnell didn't allow evidence or testimony at the trial a year ago).

by Anonymousreply 20January 13, 2021 9:58 PM

[quote] “Every panic button in my office had been torn out — the whole unit,” Sarah Groh,... recalled to The Boston Globe.

The word 'recall' means remember or bringing back something into one's mind, such as 'I can still vaguely recall being taken to the hospital'.

'Recall' is the wrong verb in this situation.

by Anonymousreply 21January 13, 2021 10:08 PM

Wow.

by Anonymousreply 22January 13, 2021 10:10 PM

What doing word would you use?

by Anonymousreply 23January 13, 2021 10:10 PM

Her name was probably on that list they found of good people/bad people.

by Anonymousreply 24January 13, 2021 10:16 PM

[quote] Alopecia

I thought it was Ayanna.

by Anonymousreply 25January 13, 2021 10:19 PM

How is Trump going to distance himself to this?

FYI- With severe cases of Alopecia, you also don't have eyebrows or eyelashes.

by Anonymousreply 26January 13, 2021 10:20 PM

Well, was she the only one whose panic buttons were taken out? Or did it happen to other House members and they're just not talking about it?

by Anonymousreply 27January 13, 2021 10:27 PM

[quote] What doing word would you use?

I'd be shrieking, R23. The panic button are to be used in a time of panic.

This theft (if it's true) is a major issue.

by Anonymousreply 28January 13, 2021 10:27 PM

[quote] Or did it happen to other House members and they're just not talking about it?

I suspect this.

But the other thing that is nagging at me is the commonality of the people who are speaking out. Pressley had her panic buttons ripped out. Clyburn had his private, unmarked office ransacked. The Muslim rep was on a target list. AOC is terrified about something she can't disclose. While I believe the main objective was to shut down the government, I also think there might have been a faction who just wanted to kill some minorities. The video from this morning with the bullhorn woman from AZ shows that they had a plan and nooses.

And now we are learning that they had set up a walkie-talkie system.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 13, 2021 10:37 PM

I don’t believe she voted in the late session, at least not that I saw on the earliest rolls. I wouldn’t be surprised if we learn she was too traumatized to return. I know folks are trying to downplay the insurrection, but it was a terrifying ordeal for those who weren’t in on it.

Is this why Trump came back early from Florida? To round up his accomplices and make plans?

by Anonymousreply 30January 13, 2021 10:45 PM

Yep, R30. I just heard that some R senate aides are threatening to quit if their bosses don't vote to impeach, because the aides are the ones who were hiding under desks, traumatized.

Whatever the even darker underbelly of this insurrection was, the truth WILL come to light. Too many witnesses, too many people terrorized for this to remain under wraps.

by Anonymousreply 31January 13, 2021 10:49 PM

God, I hope you’re right, r31.

by Anonymousreply 32January 13, 2021 10:51 PM

Democrats and their persecution complexes.

by Anonymousreply 33January 13, 2021 10:53 PM

Just F&F it.

by Anonymousreply 34January 13, 2021 11:02 PM

R33.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 14, 2021 12:29 AM

Oh do fuck off, R6, critiquing people’s complexions while Rome burns. Setting those priorities!

by Anonymousreply 36January 14, 2021 12:32 AM

R23 I think the correct verb there would be "nostalgicated."

by Anonymousreply 37January 14, 2021 12:41 AM

I love her style and her smooth head.

by Anonymousreply 38January 14, 2021 2:18 AM

This is shocking

by Anonymousreply 39January 14, 2021 2:24 AM

[quote] God, I hope you’re right, [R31].

I pray that R31 is right.

by Anonymousreply 40January 14, 2021 2:26 AM

She's on CNN now!

by Anonymousreply 41January 14, 2021 2:35 AM

If people don't go to actual jail for this, I'm going to be so pissed off.

by Anonymousreply 42January 14, 2021 2:45 AM

Seeing the earpieces is indeed another part of the puzzle. The Shaman and the guy on Pelosi's desk are obvious media darlings because of the entertainment value but the real baddies were not showy. Likewise the footage that shows a huge mob storming the door while using stolen shields and screaming 'heave ho' were not idiots in costumes who decided on the spur of the moment to try to break in. Those guys came to get in and had military backgrounds because 'heave ho' and living up your men to charge forward is not something a few idiots off the street can do. Also very easy to see how that women foolish enough to be in the mob was crushed to death. They did not come to play.

by Anonymousreply 43January 14, 2021 3:19 AM

I don’t necessarily believe this woman. She looks a little histrionic. Show proof.

by Anonymousreply 44January 14, 2021 3:24 AM

All the proof morons like R44 needs will be forthcoming. Congresswoman Mickie Sherrill is asking for an investigation into her allegations that members of Congress led “reconnaissance” tours of the Capitol a day before violent supporters of President Donald Trump stormed the building.

Sherril is a decorated Navy vet and has a law degree from Georgetown. While in the Navy, she was both a combat pilot and an intelligence officer. She knows how to assess a battlefield.

[quote]In a letter sent Wednesday to the Capitol Police and acting sergeants at arms for the House and Senate, Sherrill and 33 other lawmakers said they noted “extremely high number of outside groups” in the Capitol complex on Jan. 5, which they said was unusual because access had “been restricted since public tours ended in March of last year due to the pandemic.”

[quote]The letter said the visitors “appeared to be associated with the rally at the White House the following day” and “seemed to have an unusually detailed knowledge of the layout of the Capitol complex.”

Pressley's experience with the disabled panic buttons is consistent with prior complicity by parties with Capitol access. All this won't be swept under the rug this time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 14, 2021 3:35 AM

Has she heard of wigs? I believe some black women wear wigs on occasion. At least it's not unheard of.

by Anonymousreply 46January 14, 2021 2:45 PM

This is why we need statehood for Washington DC. We need more than a few rent a cops guarding our democracy when the federal government falls into the hands of a maniac like Trump. DC needs a governor snd its own national guard unit.

by Anonymousreply 47January 14, 2021 2:57 PM

R44 is the type of kneejerk reactionary we need to all ignore right now. Of course some troll on DL is going to call a woman “histrionic,” and the demand to “show proof” is the usual “fake news!” in a new dress. Predictable and disappointing.

Learn to spot these types and recognize that “pointless bitchery” often has a very definite point in times like these. People are brainwashed by the right wing trolling and social media onslaught. People mimic their talking points under the guise of “bitchery” without even realizing it. It’s very disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 48January 14, 2021 3:02 PM

Ayanna, gurl, call me. I have a fabulous perruquier.

by Anonymousreply 49January 14, 2021 4:09 PM

It is no surprise that they went after AOC, Presley, Omar, and Talib. They are very high-profile women of color and are routinely vilified by the reich-wing nutjobs.

I suspect that as this is further investigated, we are going to discover that this was a planned, coordinated attack.

by Anonymousreply 50January 14, 2021 4:26 PM

[quote] Sherrill and 33 other lawmakers said they noted “extremely high number of outside groups” in the Capitol complex on Jan. 5

I remember we had people asking if Sherrill were lying or mistaken. Guess those 33 others who saw the same groups were also just mistaken, too?

by Anonymousreply 51January 14, 2021 4:28 PM

Rep. Pressley looks just like Kevin Aviance.

by Anonymousreply 52January 14, 2021 4:32 PM

R46, Ayanna Pressley was wearing wigs for a while, then decided to stop.

by Anonymousreply 53January 14, 2021 4:33 PM

R27, it was Pressley's aide who said something, and I suspect it's because she didn't know she wasn't supposed to. I doubt that there would have been a way for every office's panic buttons to be removed without someone noticing first, but it's easy to imagine some select Representatives that really upset the Trumpsters had their offices specifically targeted.

We're only getting a few snippets here and there of the details like this, which makes sense, especially if the FBI thinks the same people could be behind future attacks.

by Anonymousreply 54January 14, 2021 4:37 PM

why it aint gots no hair???

by Anonymousreply 55January 14, 2021 5:01 PM

R55, why ya aint gots no brain? Dropped on your head as a child?

by Anonymousreply 56January 14, 2021 6:37 PM

[quote] Ayanna, gurl, call me. I have a fabulous perruquier.

That’s sweet, Doris, but they’re Congresspeople, I’m sure they have water available.

by Anonymousreply 57January 14, 2021 6:52 PM

Did they snatch her wig at the same time they tore out her panic button?

by Anonymousreply 58January 14, 2021 6:58 PM

The stupidity around here is painful around her. Like a bunch of 5 year olds on a sugar high.

"LOOKIT THE BAWLD LADY BWAAA HAAA HAAA!!!" Fucking morons.

by Anonymousreply 59January 14, 2021 7:21 PM

Peter Meijer, a freshman GOP congressman, said he also saw a lot of groups on 1/5.

It happened. Congress members are complicit and I don’t think the names will surprise us when they come out.

by Anonymousreply 60January 14, 2021 7:23 PM

The capitol police installed panic buttons in all the members of the squads offices in 2019 after the criminal president started tweeting about them and there were multiple threats to their lives. I would have so many hidden weapons in my office if I was one of them or armed body guards.

by Anonymousreply 61January 14, 2021 7:31 PM

You have to admit, r59, it’s not exactly something one sees every day.

by Anonymousreply 62January 14, 2021 7:38 PM

This was posted in the MAGA thread (Part 4).

What is the possibility that what I posited at R29 relates to some of these allegations? Again, while I believe the main goal was to subvert the Electoral College process, if someone knew that chaos was coming, why wouldn't they take advantage of it?

[quote] Since 2001, hundreds of Black officers had sued the department for racial discrimination. They alleged that white officers called Black colleagues slurs like the N-word and that one officer found a hangman’s noose on his locker. White officers were called “huk lovers” or “FOGs” — short for “friends of gangsters” — if they were friendly with their Black colleagues. Black officers faced “unprovoked traffic stops” from fellow Capitol Police officers. One Black officer claimed he heard a colleague say, “Obama monkey, go back to Africa.”

[quote] Already, officials have suspended several police officers for possible complicity with insurrectionists, one of whom was pictured waving a Confederate battle flag as he occupied the building. One cop was captured on tape seeming to take selfies with protesters, while another allegedly wore a red “Make America Great Again” hat as he directed protesters around the Capitol building. While many officers were filmed fighting off rioters, at least 12 others are under investigation for possibly assisting them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 14, 2021 8:31 PM

[quote]The stupidity around here is painful around her. Like a bunch of 5 year olds on a sugar high.

R59, bear in mind that the alt right/4chan/Russian troll brigades are still here. Rep. Pressley triggers them deeply on so many levels - she's a woman, she's black, she's a progressive - and being all these things, she's also a US Representative, with the authority that entails. It just kills them.

by Anonymousreply 64January 15, 2021 8:01 AM

Investigate! Investigate! Investigate!

by Anonymousreply 65January 15, 2021 9:01 AM

If it turns out that people were radicalized by a specific rhetoric, I would support her exercising every legal option available.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 23, 2021 8:59 PM

I think she's fabulous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 25, 2021 12:26 AM

She reminds me that when I boil eggs, I need to remember to not put the heat on too high or to leave them in the saucepan too long, lest they crack all open.

by Anonymousreply 68January 25, 2021 1:31 AM

I worked tech support for the federal government, if you cut the cable on the panic buttons it alerts the federal be police. My dimwit co-worker cut the panic button cable instead of an old data cable and the police were in the office in five minutes. So it's possible those cables were cut and someone ignored the alarms.

There is a software app that documents the alarms and disconnects. So if someone did an override that was probably logged digitally.

by Anonymousreply 69January 25, 2021 1:42 AM

[quote] Authorities say 35-year-old Robert Lemke was arrested Tuesday at 6 a.m. in Bay Point, California, on charges that he sent threatening texts to Jeffries' brother during the January 6 attack on the Capitol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 27, 2021 2:12 AM

Why haven't these senators been arrested?

by Anonymousreply 71January 27, 2021 2:29 AM

[quote] I worked tech support for the federal government, if you cut the cable on the panic buttons it alerts the federal be police. My dimwit co-worker cut the panic button cable instead of an old data cable and the police were in the office in five minutes. So it's possible those cables were cut and someone ignored the alarms.

I could see them being ignored when people were moving office. The senators and congress people need to have a safe room built in their offices and some kind of gate needs to be installed that seals off their doors

by Anonymousreply 72January 27, 2021 2:31 AM

I thought George Foreman was dead. He does NOT look good in facial lipstick.

by Anonymousreply 73January 27, 2021 3:23 AM

B/c there was quite a bit of planning ahead of breaching the Capitol. It was fully supported and funded by the president. Bill Moyers created a time line of the insurrection. See below. My interest is in the time period b/t these two Trump tweets.

[quote]2:24 p.m.: Trump tweets: “Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify. USA demands the truth!” Tweet sent after Capitol was breached.

Then...

[quote]4:17 p.m.: Trump tweets a video telling rioters, “I know your pain, I know you’re hurt. We had an election that was stolen from us. It was a landslide election and everyone knows it, especially the other side… It’s a very tough period of time. There’s never been a time like this where such a thing happened where they could take it away from all of us — from me, from you, from our country. This was a fraudulent election, but we can’t play into the hands of these people. We have to have peace. So go home. We love you. You’re very special. You’ve seen what happens. You see the way others are treated that are so bad and so evil.”

So what happened in those two hours? Why did the coup fail?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74January 27, 2021 4:17 AM

[I thought George Foreman was dead. He does NOT look good in facial lipstick.]

The pricks on this thread making snide comments about Ayanna Presley's appearance are thr worst type of gays and have nothing to contribute. And what the fuck do you mean by "facial" lipstick? As opposed to "anal" lipstick, like how you wear it, r73?

by Anonymousreply 75January 27, 2021 5:14 AM

Fuck, I burned through all my F&F before I hit that asshole at R73.

by Anonymousreply 76January 27, 2021 5:30 AM

I got him, r76.

Troll be gone!

by Anonymousreply 77January 27, 2021 5:37 AM

Why exactly are you making fun of this woman over a condition she can't control? You think she chose to lose her hair? Frankly, I think she's brave as hell not just putting on a wig and embracing her alopecia. It's hard enough being a man losing your hair, but society doesn't think much of it. Be a woman going through that and it's hell.

by Anonymousreply 78January 27, 2021 5:37 AM

[quote] I honestly don't think Pressley is ugly but her face is beat like a drag queen

No one asked, dumbfuck.

by Anonymousreply 79January 27, 2021 5:56 AM

R74 Thank, Marie! Great find.

by Anonymousreply 80January 27, 2021 6:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!