Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Donald Trump Jr does not want a pardon.

Anderson Cooper reported inside sources saying Trump will likely pardon his children very soon, while he still can. However it is sourced that Donald Trump Jr. does not WANT a pardon and feels like he does not need one.

How many of the children want a pardon? Which children need one, and for what?

I would guess Ivanka and Jared need them, as they were White House staffers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 16, 2021 2:28 PM

Barron. For all those servant corpses Melania had to dispose of while landscaping the Rose Garden.

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2021 9:11 AM

Question: would their role in last week's coup entirely be considered a federal crime since it occurred in DC? They never actually were part of the mob that entered the building, but they presumably conspired to commit a crime in the District of Columbia. How (hypothetically) would that work?

In regards to OP's question about Jr. however, he is clearly in a downward spiral of addiction & self-loathing, so he's probably hoping he'll be charged so he can take up some *righteous cause* to give his life some purpose rather than just ODing in a hotel room - alone & forgotten, which is clearly the direction he's heading.

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2021 9:15 AM

He doesn't have to accept it, but he will because he is a pussy.

[quote] A pardon cannot be recognized by a judge if it has not been brought judicially before the court by plea, motion, or otherwise. United States v. It may then be rejected by the person to whom it is tendered; and if it is rejected, we have discovered no power in this court to force it upon him." ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2021 9:23 AM

W-H-O G-I-V-E-S A S-H-I-T ?!

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2021 9:58 AM

The problem with accepting a pardon for sedition is 14.3.

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2021 10:35 AM

Pardon US, mein Fuhrer!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2021 10:44 AM

[quote]Question: would their role in last week's coup entirely be considered a federal crime since it occurred in DC? They never actually were part of the mob that entered the building, but they presumably conspired to commit a crime in the District of Columbia. How (hypothetically) would that work?

Yes. If you conspire to commit a crime that takes place in another jurisdiction, you can be charged in either jurisdiction. Since it's a federal crime, and since both jurisdictions are in the U.S. (presumably), the DOJ will decide where they want to try this.

I worked on an international federal criminal case. People in foreign countries who conspired in a crime that affected the U.S. were charged in federal court. The defendant can be tried in any jurisdiction affected by the crime or in which an overt act took place, even if didn't involve the particular defendant's role in the conspiracy. So, in this case, defendants from Japan, Germany, and Switzerland were handled (plea bargains) in a Dallas federal courtroom (Northern District of Texas), even though most of these defendants had never been to Texas before. Multiple defendants argued for change of venue to no avail.

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2021 4:42 PM

Junior might want to reconsider, but then he isn't known for being smart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2021 9:01 PM

R8- He is known to be a coked out drug addict.

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2021 9:04 PM

Thank God obesity isn't a Federal Crime

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2021 9:10 PM

Just like Roger Stone apparently said he didn't want one.

When he got one, he gladly accepted it

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2021 9:12 PM

Very interesting, thank you R7

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2021 9:17 PM

Wait -- don't you have to be convicted of a crime before you're pardoned for it?

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2021 9:18 PM

Kimberly Guilfoyle and Diamond & Silk were at the sedition rally on Jan. 6 according to the itinerary of speakers.

I haven't heard what they said.

by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2021 9:29 PM

We should just do away with the presidential pardon business. Maybe one or two worthy people are helped, but think of all the crooks it lets off the hook. And I don't think presidents were ever intended to turn it into a cottage industry.

by Anonymousreply 15January 14, 2021 4:39 AM

What he really wants is a few kilos of blow from the FBI's evidence safe.

by Anonymousreply 16January 14, 2021 5:20 AM

W-H-O G-I-V-E-S A S-H-I-T ?!

R4 edited for spacing. 2 spaces between words wasn't enough.

by Anonymousreply 17January 14, 2021 8:11 AM

^Fuck, it didn't work! Oh, well.

by Anonymousreply 18January 14, 2021 8:12 AM

FREE TIFFANY!

by Anonymousreply 19January 14, 2021 8:19 AM

He was coked up out of his mind. He didn't say 'pardon', he said 'hard on.'

by Anonymousreply 20January 14, 2021 8:42 AM

R14- They both told the crowd to "fight." Yeah, there is no amount of coke to block out the reality of the trouble they face.

by Anonymousreply 21January 14, 2021 10:07 AM

Is it wring I hate this dullard more than his father?

by Anonymousreply 22January 14, 2021 10:08 AM

Will someone please beat the living shit out of one of them? (Jr is my preferred but I'd take any of them.) We need the cheering up in these horrible Covid times!

by Anonymousreply 23January 14, 2021 10:09 AM

The first thing that pops into my mind when I read this thread is - what do they need a pardon FOR?

IF they do all need pardons then doesn't that confirm the Dump family is a crime and grift family and they admit it?

by Anonymousreply 24January 14, 2021 10:11 AM

I hate to see what they take home from the White House. Check the silverware after they leave.

by Anonymousreply 25January 15, 2021 3:07 AM

My guess is that the parade of pardons will start by the end of the day today (Friday) because it's his last weekend and he'll likely be shoving off to the Winter White House before long to play some golf.

Expect them to continue throughout the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 26January 15, 2021 4:40 AM

If he pardons himself, I think he has the foreknowledge to know he’s done for 2024. But he also knows how exposed he is to federal charges. He’ll either do it tonight (Saturday is a slow news night) or more probably that morning before he gets out of Dodge, so he doesn’t face the fallout.

by Anonymousreply 27January 16, 2021 12:51 PM

Junior Mint and Guilfoyle just want to make 💘 love and snort.

by Anonymousreply 28January 16, 2021 1:14 PM

He needs rehab, not a pardon. And probably massive amounts of plastic surgery to fix his nose in a couple of years.

by Anonymousreply 29January 16, 2021 1:25 PM

[quote] probably hoping he'll be charged so he can take up some *righteous cause* to give his life some purpose

He has a righteous purpose-- run for something in 2022 or 2024. Federal or state charges will fire up his supporters. As far as the GOP is concerned, he has the brightest future of all the kids because he sincerely likes the things the deplorables like. Yes he's obviously a cokehead but he seems pretty far from oding in a bathtub. He has a bit more discipline than his father.

On the other hand, federal charges would hurt Ivanka's "brand" and she will take the pardon.

Ultimately someone with sense in Trump's orbit will prevail upon Jr. to take it as well-- probably that lawyer Cipollone. He seems to be the only one scumbag close to Trump at this point who understands the danger they are all in.

by Anonymousreply 30January 16, 2021 1:33 PM

And what's this bullshit about he can pardon people in secret?

by Anonymousreply 31January 16, 2021 1:37 PM

tic toc tic toc where are pardons?

by Anonymousreply 32January 16, 2021 1:42 PM

He should read The Mueller Report.

by Anonymousreply 33January 16, 2021 2:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!