Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Donald Trump and his Loyalists

Last one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2021 8:48 AM

What a load of psychobabble.

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2021 7:36 AM

Horseshit R1.

Bandy X. Lee is a renowned and respected psychiatrist and president of the World Mental Health Coalition.

She raises some interesting and realistic points for thought.

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2021 7:59 AM

One does eventually realize that we can't have everything we want. It is defective reasoning for some people NOT to accept this immutable fact. There's only 2 responses: 1)Either society indulges such a need or 2.) they face annihilation. If we can't apoease them, ultimately it ends in destruction.

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2021 7:59 AM

Good post, OP. I don't usually care about the psyc takes on Plump but this is solid.

Here is the takeaway: "The treatment is removal of exposure."

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2021 8:06 AM

All 74 million of them.

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2021 8:14 AM

{R5} See I don’t think we’re to believe all 74 million who voted for him are a part of the “ shared psychosis” There are as many religious opportunists, contrarians, liberal baiters, greedy capitalists etc as there are true believers. Of course good old-fashioned racism and religious zealotry are never to be underestimated. Mitch McConnell is not a Qanon quack for example. The average Republicans support or complicity with this man and his crimes against America almost makes them more chilling to me.

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2021 8:34 AM

I do think "removal of exposure" will help.

Not all 74 million Trump voters are Capitol-storming nutzoids. Many just want to see that the government is working on jobs, their pocketbooks and health care.

So if Biden/Harris can get some big wins through Congress that directly affect folk—including the $2k stimulus, shoring up the ACA and revving up vaccinations—it will take the temperature down considerably.

Of course, the pandemic complicates all of this. His COVID response got Trump voted out of office, but Biden is going to be subject to 10 times the criticism for any slowdown or fuckup in getting the vaccine out to 75% of Americans ASAP. And that is looking like an almost insurmountable challenge.

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2021 8:41 AM

I enjoyed reading her analyses. Thanks, OP.

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2021 8:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!