Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

**BREAKING** Mikie Sherrill says Congress members gave 'reconnaissance' tours day before Capitol raid

Rep. Mikie Sherrill, during a live webcast Tuesday evening, said she witnessed some members of Congress leading people through the Capitol on Jan. 5 in what she termed a "reconnaissance for the next day" when insurrectionists took part in a deadly siege on the legislative branch.

During the Facebook Live, Sherrill (D-11, Montclair) addressed her constituents to explain why she voted for a resolution to ask Vice President Mike Pence to remove President Donald Trump from office by invoking the 25th Amendment. That measure passed late Tuesday 223-205, but Pence had notified House Speaker Nancy Pelosi earlier in the day that he would not comply with the request.

That makes it likely that the House will, for the second time, impeach Trump on Wednesday. Sherill said she intends to support an article of impeachment against Trump for "incitement of insurrection."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92January 15, 2021 2:09 AM

She better be right about this.

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2021 6:21 AM

Not sure why she would make this up.

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2021 6:23 AM

They had lists of good guys and bad guys. That makes me think they had help.

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2021 6:24 AM

They had to get that list from someone.

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2021 6:25 AM

I am thinking this is what is so "shocking" about these videos that the public has yet to see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2021 6:25 AM

I know I’m not truly prepared for the shock of how Congress has been infiltrated.

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2021 6:25 AM

Not make it up, but be mistaken. Congresspeople show constituents around the Capitol all the time.

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2021 6:27 AM

If you see something, say something.

She did the right thing by speaking up.

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2021 6:30 AM

it's jus a matter of time before reddit and the gang put it all together. They have all the metadata from Parler.

They girl behind the hack is a hero. Gizmodo is organizing the data into media reports which break it all down...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2021 6:39 AM

This is why I worry about nancy. These people are desperate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2021 6:41 AM

[quote]Rep. Mikie Sherrill, during a live webcast Tuesday evening, said she witnessed some members of Congress leading people through the Capitol on Jan. 5 in what she termed a "reconnaissance for the next day" when insurrectionists took part in a deadly siege on the legislative branch.

I would not be surprised about this at all.

Also - who were they? They need to be run out of town.

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2021 7:27 AM

Agreed R10.

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2021 7:28 AM

I bet this was one of them,,,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2021 9:17 AM

It's up on AOC's twitter now. And her 10 million followers. She is on the case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2021 10:07 AM

Reminds me of the WTC survivors who said they saw dozens of people doing "construction" throughout the building in the weeks before the collapse. Planting explosives?

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2021 10:36 AM

Listen, Biden and Harris are gonna need that bubble the Pope was in wherever they go.

by Anonymousreply 16January 13, 2021 10:41 AM

Allegedly Lauren Boebert was messaging the rioters their locations during the MAGA invasion of the Capitol.

by Anonymousreply 17January 13, 2021 10:57 AM

She has a security background.

by Anonymousreply 18January 13, 2021 10:58 AM

[quote] Reminds me of the WTC survivors who said they saw dozens of people doing "construction" throughout the building in the weeks before the collapse. Planting explosives?

My eyes just rolled right out of my head and onto the floor.

Great! Now an eagle just flew away with one. Guess you can call me Sammy Davis, Jr. from here on.

by Anonymousreply 19January 13, 2021 11:08 AM

I'd be willing to be that batshit crazy QAnon Senator Lauren Boebert was one of them showing MAGAs around the day before.

by Anonymousreply 20January 13, 2021 11:22 AM

The Feds, when they interview the people they have arrested, will be asking them questions around who helped them.

I suspect that they are going to need cast iron evidence of Congressmen and women aiding and abetting the rioters, because these are powerful people, with powerful backers that the Feds are dealing with.

Charging a democratically elected official is a tough old thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 21January 13, 2021 11:33 AM

I think the whistleblower is former military too.

by Anonymousreply 22January 13, 2021 11:34 AM

I feel better with these guys around but they better not let the republican congressional suspects out of their sights.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 13, 2021 11:38 AM

Will any of them be executed fir treason?

by Anonymousreply 24January 13, 2021 11:39 AM

*for

by Anonymousreply 25January 13, 2021 11:50 AM

...and this is where Nancy Pelosi ruins the country. That’s the podium right there and her office is 2 door on the left.

by Anonymousreply 26January 13, 2021 11:55 AM

And certain House members screaming about having to go through metal detectors....they are carrying weapons which they will use on their fellow House Members if there is another breach.

This infiltration of government goes very deep.

by Anonymousreply 27January 13, 2021 11:56 AM

"Just walked into the Capitol to find literally hundreds of troops napping and lining up in the Congressional Visitor Center"

pssst down the hall in the little boy's room- taking raw loads.

by Anonymousreply 28January 13, 2021 11:58 AM

Shit's about to get even more real.

by Anonymousreply 29January 13, 2021 11:58 AM

[quote] and this is where Nancy Pelosi ruins the country.

Typo? I hope.

by Anonymousreply 30January 13, 2021 12:41 PM

Biggs, Brooks, and Gossar are definitely involved. They organized the 6th

by Anonymousreply 31January 13, 2021 12:50 PM

r20 She may be batshit, but fortunately she is NOT a Senator.

by Anonymousreply 32January 13, 2021 1:23 PM

"The call is coming from inside the House!"

by Anonymousreply 33January 13, 2021 1:24 PM

[quote]We in Arizona have known for years that both Biggs and Gosar are completely insane and these two are at the top of the insurrection train...and I'm sure Alabama's Mo Brooks is right there with them - Patti

The tweet has a screenshot from AZ Central with Biggs and Gosar photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 13, 2021 1:45 PM

[quote]Rep. Mikie Sherrill, during a live webcast Tuesday evening, said she witnessed some members of Congress leading people through the Capitol on Jan. 5

She better start naming names.

by Anonymousreply 35January 13, 2021 1:49 PM

Any Congress members who were involved with this... they need to be tried for treason and then executed.

by Anonymousreply 36January 13, 2021 1:50 PM

R30.... and this is where she ripped up the state of the union. Does that make you mad? Maybe you should come back tomorrow and bring some of your guys!

by Anonymousreply 37January 13, 2021 1:52 PM

WTF are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 38January 13, 2021 2:01 PM

There’s a reason they’re all urgently asking us to move on. I have a feeling this runs deep.

by Anonymousreply 39January 13, 2021 2:02 PM

Several years ago I was at the Hyatt Capitol Hill for work and there was this schmucky Arizona congressman trying to pick up the woman sitting next to me at the bar by discussing his disdain for healthcare and contempt for Congress . (This was in the evening after the work related activities were over.) Anyway I was checking my messages with an Arizona friend to see if it was one of the seditionists, and sadly it was Trent Franks. BUT my friend said in the messages that Biggs was the biggest asshole in Congress. Clearly she was prescient.

by Anonymousreply 40January 13, 2021 2:03 PM

Sherrill is my rep. My experience of her is that she is not a grandstander or rabidly anti Trump. Ex military, cool head. I believe her, but want details and proof.

by Anonymousreply 41January 13, 2021 2:04 PM

[quote] Ex military, cool head.

She gave you head?!

by Anonymousreply 42January 13, 2021 2:11 PM

R42 I hope this was a joke

by Anonymousreply 43January 13, 2021 2:17 PM

R30 The person you are perplexed by, is acting out the role of one of the Congresspersons giving a "tour" or the building to the seditionists the day before their terror spree.

by Anonymousreply 44January 13, 2021 2:17 PM

They’re gonna wait to arrest these fools until trump is gone so he can’t pardon them

by Anonymousreply 45January 13, 2021 2:19 PM

Oh dear god. Thank you, r44.

With my humblest apologies to that person.

I’m not always on my game when I drink before work.

by Anonymousreply 46January 13, 2021 2:20 PM

...and on to our next room. I want you to tear the place apart!

by Anonymousreply 47January 13, 2021 2:23 PM

Sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

It's time for UNITY and HEALING, boys and girls.

"Hey hey hey hey, shhhhhhh, 1-2-3 eyes on me. Come on, come here, look into my eyes. Ok, keep looking into my eyes, aaaaaand yes. There you go. Ok. We are going to stop talking about all of this unpleasantness. It's time to just move on. Unity. Healing. We don't need to analyze, or try to figure anything out. We're just gonna move forward in UNITY. Ok? Yes? Alright. Ok. Good."

by Anonymousreply 48January 13, 2021 2:26 PM

Come on folks let’s not live in the past. That’s only for policy making. We need to move forward, but not with respect to policy making.

by Anonymousreply 49January 13, 2021 2:29 PM

[quote]The Feds, when they interview the people they have arrested, will be asking them questions around who helped them.

That's why two of these guys have offed themselves already, the banker and the Capitol police officer. More will. They'd rather die than reveal who helped them.

by Anonymousreply 50January 13, 2021 2:33 PM

I imagine the FBI doesn't want her to yet, R35.

by Anonymousreply 51January 13, 2021 2:34 PM

About Mikie Sherrill:

she graduated from the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis with a B.S.[1] In 2003, Sherrill received a M.Sc. in economic history from the London School of Economics. In 2004, she received a certificate in Arabic language from The American University in Cairo. In 2007, Sherrill earned a J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center.[9]

Sherrill graduated from flight school in the first class of women eligible for combat.[10] After graduating from the Naval Academy in 1994, Sherrill became a U.S. Navy H3 Sea King helicopter pilot and a Russian policy officer.[2] Sherrill flew missions throughout Europe and in the Middle East.[6][9] In 2000, she was based at Naval Air Station Corpus Christi. Sherrill was a Russian policy officer when she worked at the Commander-in-Chief of the U.S. Navy.

This is a highly educated person with a strong understanding of national security. She knows what she is talking about.

by Anonymousreply 52January 13, 2021 2:35 PM

Suicide is rare, #50.

by Anonymousreply 53January 13, 2021 2:36 PM

The leader of the Proud Boys was in the fucking White House two weeks before the insurrection. Of course members of Congress were involved, just like the Trump family was involved. And Stephen Miller and all the other usual suspects.

by Anonymousreply 54January 13, 2021 2:37 PM

Completely beside the point, R53.

by Anonymousreply 55January 13, 2021 2:38 PM

If Trump pardons for insurrection and sedition and they accept, they are still barred from holding federal office under 14.3

by Anonymousreply 56January 13, 2021 2:41 PM

Lauren, you in danger, girl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 13, 2021 2:47 PM

Have we seen the video of the traitors looking at their map yet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 13, 2021 2:49 PM

She may have got elected once but I believe Boebert couldn't win re-election if her career isn't destroyed in the next thirty days.

by Anonymousreply 59January 13, 2021 2:50 PM

This thing just gets deeper and more disturbing and disgusting, doesn’t it?

by Anonymousreply 60January 13, 2021 2:55 PM

Well that was chilling, R58.

by Anonymousreply 61January 13, 2021 3:06 PM

The lady with the bullhorn in that video sure knew a whole lot about the building layout. These people studied maps and floor plans.

The angry mob was a distraction for this smaller group of people who were on a clear mission to carry out that mission.

by Anonymousreply 62January 13, 2021 3:14 PM

Tweet at r58 not available. If referencing tweets, it would be good to copy and paste. A lot of these tweets get deleted.

by Anonymousreply 63January 13, 2021 4:09 PM

It should be available, try this link instead and scroll down to 6 hours ago. It's a video so quoting it isn't too helpful, but in general I agree with quoting the tweets.

[quote]The attack on the Capitol was coordinated and planned.

[quote]Here are the insurrectionists talking about the plan, including detailed schematics of the Capitol building.

[video]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 13, 2021 4:17 PM

Sorry, I should have referenced tweet at r57 as the tweet not available.

by Anonymousreply 65January 13, 2021 4:32 PM

[quote]R9 The girl behind the hack is a hero. Gizmodo is organizing the data into media reports which break it all down...

It’s cool it was a woman who accessed the info, that another woman (Mickie Sherrill) is going to the front of the line with what she saw, and that it’s a woman (Liz Cheney, R-Wyo.), who was the first GOP House member vowing to back impeachment[bold] : )

by Anonymousreply 66January 13, 2021 4:53 PM

R65, that r57 tweet had a pic of Boebert allegedly showing people around the Capitol but it turned out not to have been true, it was an old pic of her with some white supremacist pals from December 2019, so he deleted the tweet because of that false info.

by Anonymousreply 67January 13, 2021 7:46 PM

She's about to be on Rachel.

So to speak.

by Anonymousreply 68January 14, 2021 1:20 AM

Not the least bit surprising

by Anonymousreply 69January 14, 2021 1:27 AM

Oh Lauren?

Yeah, she doesn't work here anymore. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 70January 14, 2021 1:34 AM

This is going to be interesting - they haven't had civilian tours of the Capitol since March of 2020 because of COVID.

Then suddenly there's all these people getting a tour the day before?

This really does stink.

by Anonymousreply 71January 14, 2021 4:19 AM

I believe they were allowed to have guests for the swearing in which happened only days before the attack. The newbies in congress had more leeway with the restrictions too. So this occasion would have allowed them to also give tours maybe welcome their biggest donors and supporters to celebrate. There certainly would have been a lot of people coming to the building for the swearing in ceremony that would have given cover to anyone wanting to give someone a 'tour'

by Anonymousreply 72January 14, 2021 4:34 AM

The CCTV cameras show the most indicting information of sitting congressmen and / or their staffers giving "tours." Preliminary reports (unconfirmed) of the feeds show the following Reps:

Rep Louie Gohmert GOP-TX

Rep Jim Jordan GOP-OH

Rep Matt Gaetz GOP-FL

Rep Lauren Boebert GOP-CO

Marjorie Taylor Greene GOP-GA

Paul Gosar GOP-AZ

Andy Biggs GOP-AZ

No word about staffers. I can't imagine the Reps didn't delegate this!

Again, info is not confirmed yet.

by Anonymousreply 73January 14, 2021 6:20 AM

Where are these preliminary reports?

by Anonymousreply 74January 14, 2021 6:24 AM

links, people. This is datalounge, not yahoo chats.

by Anonymousreply 75January 14, 2021 6:25 AM

If Paul Gosar, Mo Brooks and Andy Biggs were involved somehow then they need to be immediately removed from Congress and charged, tried in a court of law and punished to the full extent of the law. (+ any of R73's list). There is obviously a lot of investigation to be done yet.

IF TRUE - facilitating the MAGA terrorists was TREASON.

I suspect the allegations are true because we have all seen them on social media and in the news media screeching MAGA/stolen election/fight epitaphs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76January 14, 2021 9:42 AM

Seeing absolutely NOTHING that is saying anything even CLOSE to what r73 claims they've heard.

Let's not post nonsense rumors, okay?

by Anonymousreply 77January 14, 2021 11:54 AM

Here's validation of R73's post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78January 14, 2021 5:20 PM

Source for R78’s Tweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79January 14, 2021 5:22 PM

[quote]Rep Maloney here provides some clues as to which members of Congress were hosting "reconnaissance" tours on Jan 5.

- NEW colleagues

- Believe in conspiracy theories

- Want to bring guns into the Capitol

- Yelling at and shoving Capitol police

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 14, 2021 5:24 PM

Never mind. She cited the Daily Kos, but it doesn’t support her list of names.

by Anonymousreply 81January 14, 2021 5:24 PM

Never mind. Still unconfirmed. But I'll bet the trap is about to spring on these traitors. The FBI is trying to run out the clock on Trump's pardoning power as someone upthread posted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 14, 2021 5:30 PM

People need to stop being gullible idiots and need to quit spreading fake news and being suckered by trolls.

If you don't know the source, stop posting it all over kingdom come.

Someone on DL was doing this with the stupid airport videos that were months old. Stop being a sucker. It took 40 posts for anyone to catch the airport videos. It's ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 83January 14, 2021 5:43 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 14, 2021 5:55 PM

Who is the woman on the bull horn telling them where to go. Is she a rioter or a Congress employee?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85January 14, 2021 6:07 PM

r78/r79 need to post a retraction for crying out loud. Lazy trash.

by Anonymousreply 86January 14, 2021 6:08 PM

Thank you, R73.

Fuck off and die in a grease fire moron @ r77. Before you run your cunt-nanny mouth at a useful poster like R73, do a simple google search for the information and stop showing yourself to be such a fucking fool.

by Anonymousreply 87January 14, 2021 7:50 PM

R87 is telling R77 now because she will not be doing telling her then. Thank you R87.

by Anonymousreply 88January 14, 2021 7:55 PM

To be fair r88, r87 may very well be doing r77 then.

by Anonymousreply 89January 14, 2021 8:07 PM

R87 -- Thanks. FYI, the source of this information is the CEO of a consulting firm dedicated to emerging technologies. He founded 3 businesses. Was employed as a director at three Fortune 500 corporations. Strategist for over 480 companies. He is a Programmer and Product/Service/Software Developer.

And, like so many people of his age, he was originally a journalist for Knight-Ridder, back in the day when it was a good newspaper organization.

I cannot vouch for what he's saying. However, it's interesting to note that Mikie Sherrill's info first appeared in an NJ publication a few days before it was reported widely. Ali's information was posted on Twitter, again a few days before it was reported widely.

There are currently lots of rumors floating around DC. IT WILL BE INTERESTING IF THE EVENTS OF 1/5 WILL BE CLARIFIED OR SIMPLY SWEPT UNDER THE RUG.

I don't think anything is going to happen Inauguration Day that'll prevent Biden from taking office. Hope I am right.

by Anonymousreply 90January 14, 2021 11:17 PM

More information from Rep Maloney on MSNBC - still no names, but more clues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 14, 2021 11:47 PM

Withdrawn.

by Anonymousreply 92January 15, 2021 2:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!