Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘It’s A Sin’ Creator Russell T Davies Says It’s Important To Cast Gay Actors As Gay Characters

Thoughts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 12, 2021 7:57 PM

But not TOO gay.

by Anonymousreply 1January 12, 2021 7:27 PM

Is there dong?

by Anonymousreply 2January 12, 2021 7:29 PM

And only murderers should play murderers?

by Anonymousreply 3January 12, 2021 7:30 PM

It's a fine line. The issue is more that a lot of gay actors aren't cast in any role, period. Gay or straight.

by Anonymousreply 4January 12, 2021 7:31 PM

We have a thread already

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 12, 2021 7:32 PM

^ Oops, that didn't work

by Anonymousreply 6January 12, 2021 7:32 PM

I'm not saying every gay role needs to be played by a gay actor. But when you have gay themed projects happen without any gay actors, that's a travesty.

by Anonymousreply 7January 12, 2021 7:39 PM

R7 Now, that is a good statement I can endorse.

by Anonymousreply 8January 12, 2021 7:44 PM

Out gay actors are not going to be cast in straight roles in major productions. Gay actors in the closet get important straight roles all the time. Mike Doyle should have had a major career years ago. He never got it. Though he might say he did just fine and is happy how it all worked out. I saw him when he was very young and thought he was going to be a big star. But maybe I was just potty about him.

by Anonymousreply 9January 12, 2021 7:47 PM

Jonathon Bailey is doing fine, he sends his love.

by Anonymousreply 10January 12, 2021 7:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!