Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

GOP Sen. Susan Collins thought the mostly white pro-Trump mob that stormed the Capitol was 'the Iranians' at first

GOP Sen. Susan Collins of Maine in a new op-ed said she initially thought the Capitol siege was the work of the Iranians. "My first thought was that the Iranians had followed through on their threat to strike the Capitol," Collins, a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, wrote. Though it's true tensions between the US and Iran have been heightened in recent weeks, it was no secret that pro-Trump extremist groups were planning to come to the Capitol and potentially engage in violence on January 6. The mob that stormed that Capitol was mostly white and visibly pro-Trump. Trump had also urged his supporters to come to the nation's capital on January 6, advertising a "wild" protest to take place that day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 13, 2021 12:19 AM

Um, didn't she see the thousands of white protesters in Washington just outside the window?

Suddenly Iranians came in and broke into the Capitol--sure that makes tons of sense.

by Anonymousreply 1January 12, 2021 5:59 PM

Bullshit. What specific Iranian threat was that, exactly? Is she "concerned" enough to vote for impeachment? Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2January 12, 2021 6:00 PM

Susie feared those bearded Iranians were going to ravish her and have their way with her!

by Anonymousreply 3January 12, 2021 6:02 PM

The only people who are MORE STUPID than she is are those inbred people in Maine who voted for her.

by Anonymousreply 4January 12, 2021 6:02 PM

I'm so sick of this clueless bitch and her big masculine nose.

by Anonymousreply 5January 12, 2021 6:03 PM

Wow she is the dumbest cunt alive.

by Anonymousreply 6January 12, 2021 6:03 PM

Already a thread.

She's as dumb as they come.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 12, 2021 6:04 PM

[quote]Susie feared those bearded Iranians were going to ravish her and have their way with her!

Susie prayed those bearded Iranians were going to ravish her and have their way with her!

by Anonymousreply 8January 12, 2021 6:05 PM

R8, you're confusing Susie with Miss Lindsey Graham.

by Anonymousreply 9January 12, 2021 6:06 PM

Sadly, Susan Collins is paid to "think."

by Anonymousreply 10January 12, 2021 6:09 PM

R2, there is no defense or excuse for this woman but there was a very public threat from Iran about plans to attack the Capitol on January 6.

by Anonymousreply 11January 12, 2021 6:15 PM

Well she certainly doesn't belong on the "Intelligence" Committee.

by Anonymousreply 12January 12, 2021 6:24 PM

She's lying again. There's not a single honest Republican; even the "moderate" ones are bloated plutocrats who will cave to the Nazi mob the first chance they get.

by Anonymousreply 13January 12, 2021 6:26 PM

Ms Collins is a national treasure.

by Anonymousreply 14January 12, 2021 6:33 PM

She is moronic, seemingly barely having managed to graduate 3rd grade.

There are an estimated 1-1.5 million Iranian Americans in the USA. In fact, this country is deemed to be the highest concentration of Iranians outside of Iran.

by Anonymousreply 15January 12, 2021 6:48 PM

Not to me bitch! Steven King, Author Maine-the state hates you Susan. We know you cheated.

by Anonymousreply 16January 12, 2021 6:48 PM

Someone needs to shake some sense into that woman.

by Anonymousreply 17January 12, 2021 6:50 PM

Apparently, tons of Iranians run around with the Confederate flag and QAnon shirts

by Anonymousreply 18January 12, 2021 6:52 PM

Excuse us Ms. C, we're Persians.

by Anonymousreply 19January 12, 2021 7:45 PM

R17- WW. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 20January 12, 2021 7:50 PM

We now return to our Lifetime feature film “Ambivalent Cluelessness: The Susan Collins Story”.

by Anonymousreply 21January 12, 2021 8:08 PM

Well, many people do not have brains, but if it wasn't the Iranians, it was people from the Iraq.

by Anonymousreply 22January 12, 2021 8:11 PM

You'll have to forgive Mrs. Collins -- she had just come off a marathon viewing of 'Shahs of Sunset' and 'Not without my Daughter.'

by Anonymousreply 23January 12, 2021 8:55 PM

Thanks R20, especially given I usually think my jokes sound funny only to me.

by Anonymousreply 24January 13, 2021 12:04 AM

She's very concerned, you know.

by Anonymousreply 25January 13, 2021 12:09 AM

Sue never fails to disappoint. She’s such a lying cunt.

by Anonymousreply 26January 13, 2021 12:18 AM

Never believe a fucking word that comes out of that cunt's mouth. She's so vile she makes McConnell seem like a altar boy.

by Anonymousreply 27January 13, 2021 12:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!