Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sadly, I think the GOP is going to get away with it

At least the ones in Congress. For the simple fact that in the zero sum game of a FPTP-elected two party system, there's simply no mechanism or even political maneuvers available to really hold anyone accountable.

by Anonymousreply 4510 hours ago

Get away with WHAT, Svetlana?

by Anonymousreply 101/12/2021

McConnell is motivated by $$$$. If the folks with the money decide that the agitators in Congress are a distraction and threaten their financial interests, McConnell will support expulsion. There are BANKS making statements that they will reevaluate their political contributions. That is a loud signal to Republicans, not a dog whistle.

by Anonymousreply 201/12/2021

All Republicans are motivated by money (except their uneducated/willfully ignorant base who are mainly motivated by racism, xenophobia, misogyny, homophobia, and other assorted bigotries). Shut off the $$ spigot, and the GOP will definitely panic.

by Anonymousreply 301/12/2021

R1 is one of our more astute posters who two weeks ago was swearing in no uncertain terms DJT would be going into that good night peacefully and without incident because DJT cowered in fear of the US judicial system, the US military and law enforcement.

How's that workin' out for ya, R1?

by Anonymousreply 401/12/2021

And further from my comment above, the Dems have a stellar moment to finally, fucking FINALLY get tough and pull no punches. I don't give a shit how long they've worked with or known their GOP colleagues, that's over. A majority of the population is crying for accountability and severe consequences to be landed upon those involved. If the Dems shrink away now, it will be an absolute betrayal of their Congressional duties and responsibilities to the citizens of the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 501/12/2021

R5 They won't though, as they are essentially up against 75 million all alone.

If the Cons in Canada had pulled something like that, the Liberals would at least have the NDP to back them up.

In Germany, the AFD wouldn't stand a chance against CDU + SPD + Greens + FPD.

In a two-party state, it's simply impossible for the governing party to purge members of the opposition without cries of dictatorship. You may not care, but they certainly do.

And the GOP isn't going away. They'll be back in power someday, for no other reason than there simply aren't any alternatives and never will be. The Democrats have to keep that in mind when deciding how hard they want to go after them.

by Anonymousreply 601/12/2021

The House will impeach and maybe one or two at the most Republican Senators will vote to convict but that is it. Instead of impeaching a man that is leaving in 8 days, how about censuring the Seditious Six?

by Anonymousreply 701/12/2021

Bump

by Anonymousreply 801/12/2021

Why do you think Moscow Bitch is going along with the impeachment now? They know they have to give the Democrats a big win to make it politically easier for them to let the GOP off.

by Anonymousreply 901/12/2021

Sadly, Boris the right-wing troll usually begins his psy-ops against liberals with "Sadly," outing himself every time he defends Trump the traitor and his crime sprees.

by Anonymousreply 1001/12/2021

R10 Who's defending Trump?

by Anonymousreply 1101/12/2021

I am CONCERNED!!!

by Anonymousreply 1201/12/2021

And wouldn't you know it, people on Reddit have already started raising glasses for Bitch. Won't be long till they completely forget about the Seditious Six.

by Anonymousreply 1301/12/2021

[quote] McConnell is motivated by $$$$. If the folks with the money decide that the agitators in Congress are a distraction and threaten their financial interests

I read with delight of all Business that are pissed and announcing withholding donations to those Seditious Six. That's the only thing that speaks to the GOP. Keep on with the pressure. I want to see them suffer.

by Anonymousreply 1401/12/2021

Maybe someone who says “Trump is going to get away with it,” r11?

Common Boris tactic.

by Anonymousreply 1501/12/2021

The "Sadly, I think..." formula is always the sure sign of a troll.

by Anonymousreply 1601/12/2021

Of course they are. It is just a show for you. Within 6 months, no one will talk about it. And DNC and GOP will continue to rub shoulders again.

by Anonymousreply 1701/12/2021

What did they "get away with?"

by Anonymousreply 18Last Sunday at 5:55 AM

Pelosi is discussing the clause of the 14th Amendment that empowers Congress to expel seditious members, so they most certainly are NOT getting away with it.

by Anonymousreply 19Last Sunday at 6:02 AM

I think people should be able to express their anxieties without always being called a troll. It helps when someone says I think this [fill in the blank bad thing] is going to happen and then there are all these replies as to why that won’t be the case. We’re all venting on DL.

by Anonymousreply 20Last Sunday at 7:50 AM

There is ALWAYS someone posting that scripted talking point at R20.

Fucking TROLL.

by Anonymousreply 21Last Sunday at 7:53 AM

Um no. But you do you r21.

by Anonymousreply 22Last Sunday at 7:55 AM

The thing is that Biden will want/has to hit the ground running. He's got bigly issues like Corona and the economy to get a grip of. The last thing he needs is Congress clogged up with impeachment and other proceedings, when he needs to get legislation through.

There's plenty of time later to deal with Trump and his cronies.

by Anonymousreply 23Last Sunday at 7:57 AM

Trumper at R20/R22 wants gay men to believe we "NEED to voice our out-of-control fears OVER AND OVER AND OVER in different threads, no matter HOW INANE! Even if the evidence refuting our moronic attempts at spreading worry and dissension has been posted 50 times, we NEED to cry about it 100 MORE times!"

You fucking sickos.

by Anonymousreply 24Last Sunday at 8:02 AM

"The SECRET DOCUMENTS!!!!! The My Pillow Guy FOUND THEM!!!!!!! Trump is enacting MARTIAL LAW!!!!!

The GOP IS GOING TO GET AWAY WITH IT!!!!!

THE SECRET DOCUMENTS that NANCY DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 25Last Sunday at 8:16 AM

[quote] Of course they are. It is just a show for you. Within 6 months, no one will talk about it. And DNC and GOP will continue to rub shoulders again.

???

by Anonymousreply 26Last Sunday at 8:38 AM

[quote] Sadly, I think the GOP is going to get away with it

Does this mean you are concerned? Has "sadly" become the new "concern?"

by Anonymousreply 27Last Sunday at 8:47 AM

Even after all he's done...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28Last Sunday at 8:51 AM

That’s at odds with another recent poll showing only 30something percent approval. 37? 33? I forget the exact number.

by Anonymousreply 29Last Sunday at 9:26 AM

33, r29. At least the last I saw this AM.

by Anonymousreply 30Last Sunday at 9:33 AM

George Stephanopoulos asked Joaquin Castro this morning if the Senate fails to convict Donald Trump, could that be seen as vindication for him. I think his response was just that they will do everything they can to bring a solid case against him and go from there. From my perspective, I don't see how such an outcome could be seen as anything other than the Rethugs letting Trump skate yet again for his crimes, not to mention being too stupid to take what will be a golden opportunity to cut ties with him and stop him from running again in 2024. Of course, their idiotic base will probably see it as "justice" but my hope would be that the majority of sane Americans would see it otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 31Last Sunday at 9:38 AM

Hopefully, there are enough Americans who finally understand what kind of a person Trump really is that he could never win if he ran again for political office.

by Anonymousreply 32Last Sunday at 9:50 AM

trump is cowering as we all suspected he would. He is going to go through some things. Tee-hee

by Anonymousreply 33Last Sunday at 10:49 AM

And I think all Boris wants is to keep DLers under a constant strain of illegitimate anxieties, R20.

If you’re genuinely “concerned,” you should pull yourself together and stop giving criminal scum powers they don’t have.

Trump’s the only one who should be paranoid. Now the government can prosecute him for his voluminous crimes and his own party is finally going to war with his cultists, who must be beaten back and put in their place if the Republicans ever want to win outside rural states again.

The FBI’s Southern District of N.Y. Is already prosecuting Trump for tax evasion and New York state wants to crack down on him, too.

by Anonymousreply 34Last Sunday at 1:30 PM

But, R34, Svetlana at R20 NEEDS to express her "worries" and foment dissension on EVERY thread on DL.

She "has the right!"

by Anonymousreply 35Last Sunday at 1:52 PM

Sadly for the Boris @ r28, 43% is not enough to win almost all presidential elections.

by Anonymousreply 36Last Sunday at 2:07 PM

And ABC is just one poll.

Other pollsters are currently showing Trump at 29% approval.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37Last Sunday at 2:09 PM

"... they will do everything they can to bring a solid case against him"

That's the problem: the deification of The President. He's just a freakin' CEO of a company- paid by US- not a King selected by God.

If we don't get some laws reigning them in, we risk a dictatorship (again).

Start with the f-ing pardons.

by Anonymousreply 38Last Sunday at 2:31 PM

Did "they get away with it" yet???????

by Anonymousreply 39Last Monday at 6:31 AM

[quote]people should be able to express their anxieties without always being called a troll

The board is full of people saying "Trump will get away with it" and "America is doomed" and they're the same people being trollish in other areas as well.

If you have someone who has said two dozen times that Trump will win and the coup will succeed, it's pretty obvious what they're doing.

by Anonymousreply 40Last Monday at 6:46 AM

OP Svetlana, you still haven't explained what "they got away with" yet.

Do the MyPillow Guy and Rudy unveil the SECRET DOCUMENTS today that keep Trump in power?

by Anonymousreply 41Last Tuesday at 2:28 AM

Gotten away with it yet???

by Anonymousreply 42Last Tuesday at 1:39 PM

Sadly, still?

by Anonymousreply 43Last Wednesday at 1:22 PM

Well, OP?

by Anonymousreply 4411 hours ago

Get a fucking life, R39-R44.

by Anonymousreply 4510 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!