Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sadly, I think the GOP is going to get away with it

[...]

by Anonymousreply 45January 22, 2021 11:03 PM

Get away with WHAT, Svetlana?

by Anonymousreply 1January 12, 2021 5:18 PM

McConnell is motivated by $$$$. If the folks with the money decide that the agitators in Congress are a distraction and threaten their financial interests, McConnell will support expulsion. There are BANKS making statements that they will reevaluate their political contributions. That is a loud signal to Republicans, not a dog whistle.

by Anonymousreply 2January 12, 2021 5:18 PM

All Republicans are motivated by money (except their uneducated/willfully ignorant base who are mainly motivated by racism, xenophobia, misogyny, homophobia, and other assorted bigotries). Shut off the $$ spigot, and the GOP will definitely panic.

by Anonymousreply 3January 12, 2021 5:35 PM

R1 is one of our more astute posters who two weeks ago was swearing in no uncertain terms DJT would be going into that good night peacefully and without incident because DJT cowered in fear of the US judicial system, the US military and law enforcement.

How's that workin' out for ya, R1?

by Anonymousreply 4January 12, 2021 5:38 PM

And further from my comment above, the Dems have a stellar moment to finally, fucking FINALLY get tough and pull no punches. I don't give a shit how long they've worked with or known their GOP colleagues, that's over. A majority of the population is crying for accountability and severe consequences to be landed upon those involved. If the Dems shrink away now, it will be an absolute betrayal of their Congressional duties and responsibilities to the citizens of the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 5January 12, 2021 5:39 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 6January 12, 2021 8:24 PM

The House will impeach and maybe one or two at the most Republican Senators will vote to convict but that is it. Instead of impeaching a man that is leaving in 8 days, how about censuring the Seditious Six?

by Anonymousreply 7January 12, 2021 8:30 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 8January 12, 2021 9:38 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2021 1:16 AM

Sadly, Boris the right-wing troll usually begins his psy-ops against liberals with "Sadly," outing himself every time he defends Trump the traitor and his crime sprees.

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2021 2:04 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2021 4:12 AM

I am CONCERNED!!!

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2021 4:14 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2021 4:27 AM

[quote] McConnell is motivated by $$$$. If the folks with the money decide that the agitators in Congress are a distraction and threaten their financial interests

I read with delight of all Business that are pissed and announcing withholding donations to those Seditious Six. That's the only thing that speaks to the GOP. Keep on with the pressure. I want to see them suffer.

by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2021 4:31 AM

Maybe someone who says “Trump is going to get away with it,” r11?

Common Boris tactic.

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2021 4:41 AM

The "Sadly, I think..." formula is always the sure sign of a troll.

by Anonymousreply 16January 13, 2021 5:03 AM

Of course they are. It is just a show for you. Within 6 months, no one will talk about it. And DNC and GOP will continue to rub shoulders again.

by Anonymousreply 17January 13, 2021 5:17 AM

What did they "get away with?"

by Anonymousreply 18January 17, 2021 2:55 PM

Pelosi is discussing the clause of the 14th Amendment that empowers Congress to expel seditious members, so they most certainly are NOT getting away with it.

by Anonymousreply 19January 17, 2021 3:02 PM

I think people should be able to express their anxieties without always being called a troll. It helps when someone says I think this [fill in the blank bad thing] is going to happen and then there are all these replies as to why that won’t be the case. We’re all venting on DL.

by Anonymousreply 20January 17, 2021 4:50 PM

There is ALWAYS someone posting that scripted talking point at R20.

Fucking TROLL.

by Anonymousreply 21January 17, 2021 4:53 PM

Um no. But you do you r21.

by Anonymousreply 22January 17, 2021 4:55 PM

The thing is that Biden will want/has to hit the ground running. He's got bigly issues like Corona and the economy to get a grip of. The last thing he needs is Congress clogged up with impeachment and other proceedings, when he needs to get legislation through.

There's plenty of time later to deal with Trump and his cronies.

by Anonymousreply 23January 17, 2021 4:57 PM

Trumper at R20/R22 wants gay men to believe we "NEED to voice our out-of-control fears OVER AND OVER AND OVER in different threads, no matter HOW INANE! Even if the evidence refuting our moronic attempts at spreading worry and dissension has been posted 50 times, we NEED to cry about it 100 MORE times!"

You fucking sickos.

by Anonymousreply 24January 17, 2021 5:02 PM

"The SECRET DOCUMENTS!!!!! The My Pillow Guy FOUND THEM!!!!!!! Trump is enacting MARTIAL LAW!!!!!

The GOP IS GOING TO GET AWAY WITH IT!!!!!

THE SECRET DOCUMENTS that NANCY DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 25January 17, 2021 5:16 PM

[quote] Of course they are. It is just a show for you. Within 6 months, no one will talk about it. And DNC and GOP will continue to rub shoulders again.

???

by Anonymousreply 26January 17, 2021 5:38 PM

[quote] Sadly, I think the GOP is going to get away with it

Does this mean you are concerned? Has "sadly" become the new "concern?"

by Anonymousreply 27January 17, 2021 5:47 PM

Even after all he's done...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 17, 2021 5:51 PM

That’s at odds with another recent poll showing only 30something percent approval. 37? 33? I forget the exact number.

by Anonymousreply 29January 17, 2021 6:26 PM

33, r29. At least the last I saw this AM.

by Anonymousreply 30January 17, 2021 6:33 PM

George Stephanopoulos asked Joaquin Castro this morning if the Senate fails to convict Donald Trump, could that be seen as vindication for him. I think his response was just that they will do everything they can to bring a solid case against him and go from there. From my perspective, I don't see how such an outcome could be seen as anything other than the Rethugs letting Trump skate yet again for his crimes, not to mention being too stupid to take what will be a golden opportunity to cut ties with him and stop him from running again in 2024. Of course, their idiotic base will probably see it as "justice" but my hope would be that the majority of sane Americans would see it otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 31January 17, 2021 6:38 PM

Hopefully, there are enough Americans who finally understand what kind of a person Trump really is that he could never win if he ran again for political office.

by Anonymousreply 32January 17, 2021 6:50 PM

trump is cowering as we all suspected he would. He is going to go through some things. Tee-hee

by Anonymousreply 33January 17, 2021 7:49 PM

And I think all Boris wants is to keep DLers under a constant strain of illegitimate anxieties, R20.

If you’re genuinely “concerned,” you should pull yourself together and stop giving criminal scum powers they don’t have.

Trump’s the only one who should be paranoid. Now the government can prosecute him for his voluminous crimes and his own party is finally going to war with his cultists, who must be beaten back and put in their place if the Republicans ever want to win outside rural states again.

The FBI’s Southern District of N.Y. Is already prosecuting Trump for tax evasion and New York state wants to crack down on him, too.

by Anonymousreply 34January 17, 2021 10:30 PM

But, R34, Svetlana at R20 NEEDS to express her "worries" and foment dissension on EVERY thread on DL.

She "has the right!"

by Anonymousreply 35January 17, 2021 10:52 PM

Sadly for the Boris @ r28, 43% is not enough to win almost all presidential elections.

by Anonymousreply 36January 17, 2021 11:07 PM

And ABC is just one poll.

Other pollsters are currently showing Trump at 29% approval.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 17, 2021 11:09 PM

"... they will do everything they can to bring a solid case against him"

That's the problem: the deification of The President. He's just a freakin' CEO of a company- paid by US- not a King selected by God.

If we don't get some laws reigning them in, we risk a dictatorship (again).

Start with the f-ing pardons.

by Anonymousreply 38January 17, 2021 11:31 PM

Did "they get away with it" yet???????

by Anonymousreply 39January 18, 2021 3:31 PM

[quote]people should be able to express their anxieties without always being called a troll

The board is full of people saying "Trump will get away with it" and "America is doomed" and they're the same people being trollish in other areas as well.

If you have someone who has said two dozen times that Trump will win and the coup will succeed, it's pretty obvious what they're doing.

by Anonymousreply 40January 18, 2021 3:46 PM

OP Svetlana, you still haven't explained what "they got away with" yet.

Do the MyPillow Guy and Rudy unveil the SECRET DOCUMENTS today that keep Trump in power?

by Anonymousreply 41January 19, 2021 11:28 AM

Gotten away with it yet???

by Anonymousreply 42January 19, 2021 10:39 PM

Sadly, still?

by Anonymousreply 43January 20, 2021 10:22 PM

Well, OP?

by Anonymousreply 44January 22, 2021 10:02 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 45January 22, 2021 11:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!