Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

This says it all right here. Idolatry. One man before country

This clip explains it all so well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 12, 2021 4:50 PM

Yeah, this isn’t about politics which is what makes it so dangerous. They weren’t storming the capitol because they don’t like Biden’s policies on the environment. It is a cult of personality and Trump is a deity to them. Will it begin to fizzle once he’s out of office? I hope, but I’m fearful for the next few years.

by Anonymousreply 1January 12, 2021 2:59 PM

Thank you, OP. It does explain it very well.

by Anonymousreply 2January 12, 2021 2:59 PM

What would they do if he faded away? Died? Just so impossible to fathom how he inspires such devotion. He always made my skin crawl. He is repulsive in every way. Baffling.

by Anonymousreply 3January 12, 2021 3:05 PM

This “movement” has been going on for decades. It just never had a leader before Trump.

by Anonymousreply 4January 12, 2021 3:08 PM

Trump needs to be arrested, tried, convicted of treason, and then forced to make a public speech announcing surrender/renouncing the whole MAGA movement. It would be very Emperor Hirohito.

by Anonymousreply 5January 12, 2021 3:11 PM

Did anyone else noticed that almost no one showed up to protest Jack Dorsey? Trump did no rally that day. I can not explain it but it is as if he puts them in some hypnotized state. Hitler had that ability. Disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 6January 12, 2021 3:13 PM

He’s summoning the hounds of hell.

by Anonymousreply 7January 12, 2021 3:14 PM

NOOOOOO! IDOLATORS! DORK-SIDED!

by Anonymousreply 8January 12, 2021 3:18 PM

I'll never as long as a live understand why so many revere this piece of shit conman that whips them up into a frenzy. I know all the explanations about racism,etc. but still it's one of the most bizarre and disturbing things I've ever seen up close in my own country.

by Anonymousreply 9January 12, 2021 3:23 PM

[quote]I'll never as long as a live understand why so many revere this piece of shit conman that whips them up into a frenzy. I know all the explanations about racism,etc. but still it's one of the most bizarre and disturbing things I've ever seen up close in my own country.

That's what dictators do. Of course, one could say the same for Hitler.

I don't think anyone fully understands this terrifying phenomenon, but the best explanation I've heard is that all of Trump's followers are filled with rage for various reasons, and they fact that he embodies and fans that rage is so important to them that it outweighs EVERYTHING else, even the very real fact that supporting Trump is not in their best interests in terms of their own lives and livelihoods. Of course, it doesn't help that a very large percentage of Trump's followers are incredibly stupid people and therefore easily led -- but, at the same time, it should be noted that SOME of his followers actually seems to well educated and intelligent in other respects. Arguably, those are the Trump supporters we should fear most, but all of them are terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 10January 12, 2021 3:30 PM

Very good analysis, r10.

We New Yorkers always looked at him as a buffoon since the ‘70s. There’s a reason he didn’t even carry his own home state.

by Anonymousreply 11January 12, 2021 4:26 PM

R10 Added to that - Republicans who know better, are cognizant of the inanity and danger of Trump's appeal, and co-sign the terror. Defend him against all their better judgement.

So it's a perfect storm of the cray cray that has let this happen. Those who want Jesus installed in place of the Constitution (the American Taliban effect). The grievance addicts. The wild-eyed white supremacists. The mentally ill conspiracy trolls.

But worst of all, to me, Republicans that are so tribal, who know better, don't take a stand, don't say the truth, and even worse, give tacit agreement to things demonstrably untrue... and so if anything is subject to doubt, by definition, anything I believe can be true too.

Things are true because I believe them. The MAGA poison.

by Anonymousreply 12January 12, 2021 4:33 PM

And amazingly when you ask them what their grievances are with regard to the election, they all say the same thing, “well there was massive fraud!!”

“Really? What kind of fraud? What happened?”

“Fake votes. Massive, massive fraud!”

They can’t even argue their point of why they’re pissed off.

by Anonymousreply 13January 12, 2021 4:37 PM

They can't say why they're pissed off because they don't have to, R13. THEY ARE ENTITLED WHITE MEN. Period.

If an idea comes in their head, or whatever inanity comes out of their pie holes, it should be considered gospel truth because THEY ARE ENTITLED WHITE MEN.

by Anonymousreply 14January 12, 2021 4:42 PM

R14... well the MAGA distaff unit is pretty strong too...

by Anonymousreply 15January 12, 2021 4:47 PM

[quote]This says it all right here. Idolatry. One man before country

It is a great segment, but it seems a bit rich that somehow the FBI has become an arbiter of placing country above one man.

by Anonymousreply 16January 12, 2021 4:50 PM

OK, R15, change entitled white men to entitled white people.

Happy now?

by Anonymousreply 17January 12, 2021 4:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!