Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elon Musk

There is something very off about this dude. I don't know. He obviously has very libertarian leanings, which, okay. But remember that whole episode with those trapped kids in the cave in Thailand and how he got into a Twitter war with one of the rescuers and the first thing he reached for was to call him a pedo? That was weird, right? Well, turns out calling someone a pedo is a QAnon hallmark. I could easily see this guy being a Trump supporter.

And what the fuck is going on with SpaceX? That just has all the hallmarks of a psy op. What is that company really up to?

Red flags all over the place with this guy.

by Anonymousreply 63May 3, 2022 7:58 PM

I heard he launched satellites that look like stars!

by Anonymousreply 1January 12, 2021 2:59 AM

Yes. Musk and Zuckerberg. I think they were incels. Never got laid until they became rich. Sociopaths? Musk has a well documented history of drug addiction and unstable behavior.

by Anonymousreply 2January 12, 2021 3:00 AM

[quote] But remember that whole episode with those trapped kids in the cave in Thailand

I'm glad the rescuers decided to go against the Elon Musk's plan.

I'm glad they availed themselves of the support of Matt Damon for the volunteers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 12, 2021 3:03 AM

[quote] Well, turns out calling someone a pedo is a QAnon hallmark.

Calling someone a pedo is also a Datalounge hallmark.

[quote] Musk has a well documented history of drug addiction and unstable behavior.

Shocking! Unacceptable!

by Anonymousreply 4January 12, 2021 3:05 AM

He's a troll and an edgelord

by Anonymousreply 5January 12, 2021 3:08 AM

He named his child X Æ A-12. I get NXIVM vibes from him. Maybe slightly less severe

by Anonymousreply 6January 12, 2021 3:12 AM

He's a billionaire who can ignore the twitter-minions.

Chairman Mao said his people are ants. This billionaire can do the same.

by Anonymousreply 7January 12, 2021 3:16 AM

Alien possession

by Anonymousreply 8January 12, 2021 3:20 AM

He’s a modern, trashy Rockefeller type. His business probably peddles more narcotics than anything. And he takes them, too.

by Anonymousreply 9January 12, 2021 3:23 AM

Didn't he hook up with Amber Heard during her marriage to Depp?

by Anonymousreply 10January 12, 2021 3:25 AM

R10, yes.

by Anonymousreply 11January 12, 2021 3:28 AM

He's an Alien.

by Anonymousreply 12January 12, 2021 3:32 AM

When he made the "We will coup whoever we want!" tweet, it was his "supervillain" moment. It's like straight out of a Marvel movie. Just out-in-the-open evil. Of course we live in a sick capitalist world filled with neverending distractions, so barely anyone batted an eye.

by Anonymousreply 13January 12, 2021 4:02 AM

Anyone who buys a Tesla is trash.

by Anonymousreply 14January 12, 2021 4:12 AM

R13 Oh shit. That's not good. Someone I care about very much, and who is otherwise extremely poor right now, has some Tesla stock that has skyrocketed in value since it's humble purchase. I wonder if I should encourage them to sell before Musk gets cancelled?

by Anonymousreply 15January 12, 2021 4:15 AM

Oh mark my words. This guy is a freak.

He IS the same type of guy who was behind the fyre festival.

Conman to the stars. And these stupid fools just eat it up.

by Anonymousreply 16January 12, 2021 4:18 AM

I teach at a stem university and most of the undergraduate men idolize Musk.

by Anonymousreply 17January 12, 2021 4:19 AM

Anyone who buys a Tesh is trash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 12, 2021 4:25 AM

So... can the people who actually run Tesla force him out, or force him out of an active management role?

Because he's obviously crazy, on drugs, and just plain eeeEEEeeevil.

by Anonymousreply 19January 12, 2021 5:32 AM

"I could easily see this guy being a Trump supporter." Well, he openly supported Trump on Twitter, so it's not a big secret

by Anonymousreply 20January 12, 2021 5:41 AM

He's a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 21January 12, 2021 5:45 AM

The problem with Tesla, is that as long as he is the face of the company, they risk those cars being associated with a total flake, which he is.

That is the sole reason why I won't buy one. I hate this guy. I don't want to be associated or reminded of him. And every time I see one ofe these cars I think of this garbage can person. I'd rather walk.

by Anonymousreply 22January 12, 2021 5:49 AM

Love the cars.

by Anonymousreply 23January 12, 2021 6:33 AM

R20 Well...Musk also tweeted that he was going to vote for Kanye. So. Regardless of what this crazy man tweets, the truth is that there's a much higher chance that he did not vote at all, than that he voted for Trump. He's too cracked out these days to leave his drug den and go out into the daylight to vote in elections.

by Anonymousreply 24January 12, 2021 6:35 AM

I don't care if he voted, I care whose campaign fund he gave money to!

And it's a pity he's the face of Tesla, as long as he's part of the company I won't buy one. Well, I can't afford to buy one new, but I would like an electric car when they come down to my price range! But I can't be seen in a Tesla as long as this dirtbag is part of the brand.

by Anonymousreply 25January 12, 2021 6:57 AM

[quote] But I can't be seen in a Tesla as long as this dirtbag is part of the brand.

Have you heard about Henry Ford being an evil dirtbag?

by Anonymousreply 26January 12, 2021 7:19 AM

All I'm saying is that engineers (who tend to be aspie) think he's the cats meow so he's not completely worthless, in all likelihood.

by Anonymousreply 27January 12, 2021 7:26 AM

I'll bet a large percentage of you dissing him don't even know what businesses he's in or what he's accomplishing and planning to accomplish. Tesla alone has pushed the automobile industry kicking and screaming toward a renewable future. SpaceX renewable launch vehicles are paving the way for humans to live an work in space, and meet earth's need for resources. Starlink will make affordable Internet access available across the world, breaking the back of communications giants in the process. He's developing brain/computer interfaces that will give sight to blind, restore motion to paralyzed and bring on unknown advantages to humans in the future.

He's odd, but definitely in the right way.

by Anonymousreply 28January 12, 2021 9:08 AM

South African

by Anonymousreply 29January 12, 2021 9:49 AM

He’s a sociopath and one day his empire will crumble because of his actions. We will one day be watching documentaries about him similar to Mcaffee and those Enron people.

by Anonymousreply 30January 12, 2021 10:59 AM

Henry Ford was a sociopath and one day his empire crumbled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 12, 2021 11:59 PM

[quote] SpaceX renewable launch vehicles are paving the way for humans to live an work in space

It will never happen.

by Anonymousreply 32January 13, 2021 12:10 AM

H Ford was a noted anti-Semite who collapsed and died just after he saw a movie of the persecution of Jews and others in the Nazi extermination camps. Surely Musk is not a Ford; I know Musk is eccentric but he's not that bad, is he?

by Anonymousreply 33January 13, 2021 1:31 AM

[quote] he's not that bad, is he?

The OP will tell us. The OP has Musk on his Hate List at No.1.

by Anonymousreply 34January 13, 2021 2:47 AM

No, R33, obviously he's not. It's just typical DL cranks. There's a lot of hatred for successful entrepeneurs around here.

by Anonymousreply 35January 13, 2021 8:30 AM

[quote] There's a lot of hatred

Yes, it's a simple-minded hatred without nuance. More like a dummy-spit.

by Anonymousreply 36January 13, 2021 10:01 AM

R34:

Sorry, but he is not No, 1 on my hate list. He is not an open Trumptard, and I reserve top honors on my hate list for idiot seditionists and Trump supporters.

Also, REAL cars have a fucking ICE and I don't care what you or any Tesla owner says.

by Anonymousreply 37January 15, 2021 12:41 AM

He's aging like Mickey Rourke. Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 38March 7, 2021 8:31 PM

He could be that bad. He definitely harbors animosity towards Jews.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 7, 2021 8:35 PM

Muslims seem to adore him so take that for what its worth.

by Anonymousreply 40March 7, 2021 8:35 PM

[quote] … REAL cars have a fucking ICE

What is that?

by Anonymousreply 41March 7, 2021 8:46 PM

He’s a psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 42March 7, 2021 9:10 PM

He runs a cult. All his fanboys are insufferable

by Anonymousreply 43March 7, 2021 9:37 PM

Elon to the rescue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44February 27, 2022 10:59 AM

What it means

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45February 27, 2022 11:03 AM

Napoleonic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 3, 2022 3:14 PM

Elon is as moderate as they come.

But liberals are attacking him now?

Crazy.

by Anonymousreply 47May 3, 2022 3:17 PM

R47 Why do you say that when Musk himself describes himself as right of centre? It's like the posters here who say Douglas Murray isn't a conservative, when he's an avowed Neocon.

Musk made a cartoon meme of a political continuum with a stick figure representing himself yrsterday, or the day before. In it, he explains how he once was considered a slight deviation to the lect, from centre. but that leftists became too extreme, and he feels the continuum has shifted. Making him right of centre. He expresses his outrage at wokeness, and SJWs and loathes the cancel culture of the left. Musk says his evolution to being right of centre has taken place slowly, since 2008.

He supports really traditional, if not old-fashioned ideas about men and women, gender roles, etc. Many who have known him over the years say he is no friend to homosexuals. He thinks it's unnatural, and he's said they make him uncomfortable sometimes...but that he doesn't think "they" should be discriminated against. He doesn't seem to have any of "them" in his employ. If he does they're more than likely so derp in the closet, they're finding Christmas presents.

by Anonymousreply 48May 3, 2022 3:37 PM

^deep in the closet

by Anonymousreply 49May 3, 2022 3:38 PM

I hope Musk cleans up all the trans Twitter uses who have been allowed to post "Kill Fags" on their accounts.

by Anonymousreply 50May 3, 2022 3:40 PM

R50 Wouldn't that NOT comport with the idea of free speech above all else, even if people's' feelings get hurt? That's the MO of Musk! The entire raison d'être the owner is to create a new wild west of freedom of speech, or so he claims.

I'm beginning to agree with dome of Musk's fanboys here that the people who talk about him, don't really know anything about him.

by Anonymousreply 51May 3, 2022 3:48 PM

^some

by Anonymousreply 52May 3, 2022 3:49 PM

Inciting murder is not free speech.

That's where you draw a line.

by Anonymousreply 53May 3, 2022 3:50 PM

R53 I think you meant to say "that's where Musk should draw the line". I'm not involved on Twitter, nor am I an American. Quite frankly, I think the "free speech" element is somewhat misunderstood, as I think that implies more of a governmental rung of suppression or censorship. (But I'm keeping out of it)

Are there so very many transpeople threatening to kill specific gay blokes, because it's the first i've heard ANYONE make mention of such a thing. Perhaps you could link to a specific user's account?

Perhaps it's a good idea for a thread of its own if this is what is on Twitter. From what I've read, there isn't supposed to be any editing, or censorship at all. Jack Dorsey supports this as well, and is on the advisory board. If someone threatens to kill specific people, the authorities will more than likely be notified, I would hope. They will probably not allow it, yet you say it's already been happening, so you've left me more confused about it.

by Anonymousreply 54May 3, 2022 3:59 PM

R54, someone posted a link in another thread to a lot of anti-gay posts by trans-people on Twitter. It was pretty ugly.

And Twitter did not take down those posts or suspend those user accounts.

by Anonymousreply 55May 3, 2022 4:08 PM

R55 I would blame Musk's deeply ingrained homophobia for that if actual death threats are being made., and they're being ignored. Not cool, and glad I don't have a Twitter account.

by Anonymousreply 56May 3, 2022 4:18 PM

[QUOTE] I would blame Musk's deeply ingrained homophobia for that

This has all been happening well before Musk bought Twitter.

Hopefully he'll have those "Kill Fags" posts removed.

And I don't see Musk as homophobic at all.

by Anonymousreply 57May 3, 2022 4:22 PM

R57 People see what they want to see.

by Anonymousreply 58May 3, 2022 4:24 PM

Anyone who believes homosexuality is unnatural, is homophobic in my mind.

by Anonymousreply 59May 3, 2022 4:25 PM

He's a scam artist and the new Howard Hughes pretending to be the new Edison.

He knows nothing about anything except running his mouth for his pump & dump stock schemes using his companies as bait. Oh, and sucking gov contractor tit.

He has a tendency to ask for shit that doesn't and can't exist just to impress the money guys. I am sure he drives the real engineers he thankfully hires totally fucking bonkers.

by Anonymousreply 60May 3, 2022 6:25 PM

A lot of rich guys are incels. Insufferable uggos with little to no empathy, who would never have women or friends without their wealth. Hef was the ultimate cuck incel. His childhood crush chose his best friend, he did not lose his virginity until he was about 24, his wife cheated on him…. he created Playboy to get even and exploit women out of hate. Elon was born into money, so his story is a bit different. Make no mistake, he is ugly and weird, nobody would be getting pregnant by him if it weren’t for the cash.

by Anonymousreply 61May 3, 2022 6:31 PM

If he was pumping and dumping, why'd he come out a couple of years ago saying Tesla stock is way overvalued? It's still amazing to me that his own rabid shareholders just brushed that off!

by Anonymousreply 62May 3, 2022 7:55 PM

He's a Bond villain in-progress.

by Anonymousreply 63May 3, 2022 7:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!