Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kevin McCarthy's fight for survival

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy is under siege, raising challenges to his best-laid plans for becoming House speaker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 21, 2021 7:05 PM

He needs to be removed. I hope Liz Cheney gets his seat.

[quote] McCarthy and his team are worried because the sprint to the midterms begins now. Nonetheless, they think they have enough time to reset their image and get the party and its funding streams back on track.

I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 1January 12, 2021 3:01 AM

Which is why i can't understand why the fool isn't locked in with Pelosi to get rid of Trump completely. Is the fear of being primaried by Trumpublicans that frightening?

by Anonymousreply 2January 12, 2021 3:05 AM

r2 Trumpism = Racism. Racism = 75% of the Party

by Anonymousreply 3January 12, 2021 3:17 AM

[quote] why the fool isn't locked in with Pelosi to get rid of Trump completely. Is the fear of being primaried by Trumpublicans that frightening?

McCarthy represents Bakersfield which is very Republican. I drove through there in November before elections and saw a lot of billboards calling Democrats communists. The population is largely Latino but mostly poor. They need a Democrat like Stacy Abrams to organize something.

by Anonymousreply 4January 12, 2021 3:35 AM

[quote]He needs to be removed. I hope Liz Cheney gets his seat.

How could she get his seat when they're not even in the same state, much less the same district?

by Anonymousreply 5January 12, 2021 4:21 AM

r5 i think he or she means that Cheney, who is the #2 Republican would move up to #1 where McCarthy is now

by Anonymousreply 6January 12, 2021 6:02 AM

When I first saw this thread title, I thought you were talking about his literal survival. Seems that's a bigger priority for him and his conference these days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 21, 2021 6:16 PM

Well, it might be his literal survival since the WP reported that the MAGA-ites in his district didn't think he was loyal enough to Dear Leader. I'd love to see Big Liz kick this asshole to the curb

by Anonymousreply 8January 21, 2021 6:32 PM

He’s weak. The Republicans need a firebrand for leader, someone like Gingrich.

by Anonymousreply 9January 21, 2021 6:40 PM

R8 She's a target of the MAGAts too. Don't expect her to win reelection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 21, 2021 6:47 PM

Nobody needs Gingrich for anything, R9. Absolutely nothing. If there is one person responsible for today's political climate, it's Newt Gingrich. The trail of responsibility for 1/6/2021 can be traced back to him and his aggrieved white man bullshit that he's been peddling for the last 30 years.

Gingrich is completely toxic and radioactive. No one wants him for anything other than spouting off with his big mouth.

Biden should leave him and his old hag over in the Vatican. He fits rights in with all the other thieves, liars, crooks and sexual perverts who inhabit Vatican City.

by Anonymousreply 11January 21, 2021 6:49 PM

He was very good in Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

by Anonymousreply 12January 21, 2021 7:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!