Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Facebook will begin removing all content that mentions the phrase "stop the steal," a full 69 days after Election Day

Facebook will begin removing all content that mentions the phrase "stop the steal," a full 69 days after Election Day.

The social media giant said in a blog post that it will ramp up enforcement against the phrase because it was used by those who participated in last week's riots at the US Capitol. "With continued attempts to organize events against the outcome of the US presidential election that can lead to violence, and use of the term by those involved in Wednesday's violence in DC, we're taking this additional step in the lead up to the inauguration," Guy Rosen, Facebook's VP of integrity, wrote in a post about the company's preparation for Inauguration Day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 12, 2021 4:42 AM

Replying to @CNN This is so disgusting. They waited to see how Trump's coup attempt would play out before finally taking action.

by Anonymousreply 1January 11, 2021 11:19 PM

Replying to @CNN WOW! way to go Facebook!!! Maybe now they can start removing the 2016 Hilary email stuff?

by Anonymousreply 2January 11, 2021 11:20 PM

Replying to @CNN Thank you Zuck but can you also stop the steal on my data cause that'd be cool too

by Anonymousreply 3January 11, 2021 11:20 PM

Too little, too late, but I am more surprised that Facebook is doing this vs. Twitter. Facebook's user base is more deplorable than Twitter's.

by Anonymousreply 4January 11, 2021 11:21 PM

Replying to @CNN I said this on another post, but the sad thing is that Facebook and YouTube continue to allow the radicalization of our veterans by not banning the groups who target them and feed them this propaganda. Both are still allowing conspiracy videos to be posted, too.

by Anonymousreply 5January 11, 2021 11:21 PM

They are probably lying. They love to release a statement and then not make any real changes. They really only care about money, they don't care who lives or dies.

by Anonymousreply 6January 11, 2021 11:24 PM

How insulting. That is it? People should sue him to hell.

by Anonymousreply 7January 11, 2021 11:25 PM

So brave. So moral.

by Anonymousreply 8January 11, 2021 11:26 PM

Seems like they are trying to shut the barn doors closed after the horses got out.

by Anonymousreply 9January 11, 2021 11:28 PM

A dollar short and a day late/

by Anonymousreply 10January 11, 2021 11:40 PM

"Facebook bragging about what a great job they’re doing. It took me two seconds to find this."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 12, 2021 4:07 AM

Not only just that, Facebook and Twitter should also silence isscums when they made any degrading opinions about transgenders. I am already proposing to Muriel to let transgender such as myself to remove the comment of cisscums here. Truth be told, the world will be a better place without those cisscums, particularly the old ugly gay cisscums here, who settled to be "gay" because they are broke and cannot afford gender reassignment surgery.

by Anonymousreply 12January 12, 2021 4:15 AM

We all know this is the anti-trans troll who has taken her schtick to new heights ^

by Anonymousreply 13January 12, 2021 4:19 AM

What other words will be thrown down the hole?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 12, 2021 4:30 AM

[quote] It took me two seconds to find this.

The notorious Molly Jong-Fast is so very, very Fast

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 12, 2021 4:32 AM

So what you’re saying R6, is that Facebook is the Trump administration of social networks.

by Anonymousreply 16January 12, 2021 4:42 AM

'lock her up' however will remain.

by Anonymousreply 17January 12, 2021 4:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!