Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Barb and Star go to Vista del Mar

Jamie Dornan rips off his shirt for some reason and I am here for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 15, 2021 2:01 AM

This was one of the last trailers I saw in the theater, played before the last film I saw in the theater (Little Women).

It was a lame teaser trailer....honestly a film like this was custom made for at home viewing.

by Anonymousreply 1January 11, 2021 8:38 PM

Don't even pretend you old queens that you weren't that kid on the bike singing Barbra.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 12, 2021 10:28 PM

Not just Barbra, but 'Bee-Gees Barbra'!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 12, 2021 10:39 PM

Anyone else watching! It’s basically a stoner movie in the vein of Dude Where’s My Car, but for women and gay men over 35. The less explained about it the better, but it’s the kind of film where a crab talks like Morgan Freeman and Reba McIntyre shows up in a pivotal cameo.

Jamie Dornan is not a natural comedian but looks very, very hot here. He’s getting age lines in his face and he’s bulkier than in the 50 Shades films, but both suit him very well.

by Anonymousreply 4February 12, 2021 12:49 PM

Is it funny, R4? AVClub gave it a good review and I love Kristen Wiig...

by Anonymousreply 5February 12, 2021 1:03 PM

If you like Kristen Wiig/SNL humor (Lorne Michaels is a producer) you should enjoy. It's like trippier 30 Rock/Kimmy Schmidt humor.

by Anonymousreply 6February 12, 2021 1:11 PM

Pedro Pascal loves it! Does this count as a coming out?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 12, 2021 10:02 PM

I like Kirsten Wigg, this was...fine, nothing I'd pay for. I didn't care for one aspect of the plot and would have preferred more Barb & Star and less "that other part". Spent the first 15 minutes trying to figure out it if was an SNL sketch I wasn't aware of, very modern Coffee Talk. A couple bland musical numbers were probably the highlight for me.

by Anonymousreply 8February 12, 2021 10:23 PM

Where are you watching it, R4?

by Anonymousreply 9February 12, 2021 10:33 PM

What is this fuckery?

by Anonymousreply 10February 12, 2021 10:43 PM

I shut it off after the first 25 minutes. Not funny.

by Anonymousreply 11February 13, 2021 2:32 AM

[quote]Reba McIntyre shows up in a pivotal cameo.

Fuck that gay hating Republican cunt.

by Anonymousreply 12February 13, 2021 2:42 AM

I knew what I was in for during the opening credits when I saw it was produced by Will Ferrell's production company. Moderately funny, very stupid, but entertaining. Kristin Wiig co-wrote it so of course she has characters call her character "beautiful".

by Anonymousreply 13February 13, 2021 6:31 PM

Cute, mindless entertainment. Several WTF cameos, and I realized towards the end of the movie that Wiig's "villain voice" is very similar to her SNL character's voice on the 60s "Secret Word" game show skits. I wonder what the budget was...there's no way this is making any $$$ on rentals.

by Anonymousreply 14February 14, 2021 2:47 PM

I must admit I am impressed how Jamie embraces the lovesick, goofball comic relief character.

I think it's a fun movie.

by Anonymousreply 15February 14, 2021 4:43 PM

He was so thrilling in The Fall. Highly recommend it. I was skeert.

by Anonymousreply 16February 14, 2021 11:12 PM

R12

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 15, 2021 2:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!