Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mass Schizophrenia

Is this the zombie apocalypse? “Lizard people, Aliens, Pedophiles around every corner!!!” If you were saying all this shit in 1995 you’d be locked up.

by Anonymousreply 13January 11, 2021 8:58 PM

Zombie plague?

by Anonymousreply 1January 11, 2021 5:01 PM

All I know is that my niece, who previously was left leaning but mostly apolitical has gone insane and has been brainwashed by QAnon. This started to become evident in early summer.

New studies show psychological effects, many of them literally at the psychotic level, linked to COVID. She was very sick in January/February in the NYC area but refuses to get tested for antibodies because “COVID is not a threat.”

Her husband wants to have her committed and if they split up will seek custody of the kids. My poor sister, and my whole family really, are at wits end.

by Anonymousreply 2January 11, 2021 5:05 PM

There will be many suicides, they are saying, along with increased domestic violence. Little to no mental heath services. Grim.

by Anonymousreply 3January 11, 2021 5:10 PM

I work with a Deplorable who was visibly agitated after Trump was banned and some of the apps were blocked. Tense, depressed... I think he's going through withdrawal being blocked from Parler or something.

There's going to have to be some kind of mass-deprogramming for these people. This was a cult.

by Anonymousreply 4January 11, 2021 5:18 PM

Yes, treat them as cultists.

by Anonymousreply 5January 11, 2021 5:29 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 11, 2021 5:36 PM

Most people started getting the Internet around 1995, so it took about 25 years for it bring about full blown societal psychosis.

by Anonymousreply 7January 11, 2021 5:37 PM

It’s the zombie apocalypse just not exactly how you would think.

by Anonymousreply 8January 11, 2021 5:40 PM

The sheer volume and scope of disinformation and conspiracy stuff online is beyond the worst. There's no stopping it at this point. Some of it is specifically "produced" and edited to cause extreme mental distress. And people like r2s niece and r4s coworker, and my next door neighbor, they're drinking it from a firehose. Digital media has become a mental health crisis.

by Anonymousreply 9January 11, 2021 6:27 PM

More like Mass Paranoid Personality Disorder:

Paranoid personality disorder (PPD) is one of a group of conditions called "Cluster A" personality disorders which involve odd or eccentric ways of thinking. People with PPD also suffer from paranoia, an unrelenting mistrust and suspicion of others, even when there is no reason to be suspicious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 11, 2021 7:15 PM

Accusations of witchcraft, Satanism and conspiracy cults always come up when illegitimate brokers are trying to overthrow governments undemocratcially.

That's why Putin and RUSSIA TODAY call Hillary a witch. That's why Q-Anon and Donald Trump's white trash army of suckers calls the Democrats Satanic pedophile cultists.

Read the history of this very ancient and tired tactic:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 11, 2021 8:49 PM

Also, social media has allowed anyone to publish Fake News, slander and defamation anonymously and with impunity. It allows millions of people to believe in absurd lies and remain insulated from any truth.

We won't get out of this mess until Section 230 is repealed and the social media companies are held liable for ANY falsehoods published on their networks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 11, 2021 8:55 PM

[quote]R2: New studies show psychological effects, many of them literally at the psychotic level, linked to COVID.

Mmm-hmm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 11, 2021 8:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!