Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WaPo: Hillary Clinton: Trump should be impeached but that alone won’t remove white supremacy from America

Last week’s attack is cause for grief and outrage. But it should not be cause for shock.

My essay in the @WashingtonPost .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 12, 2021 3:55 AM

It won't end til all the Angry Old White Men (and their heifers) die-off. Which blissfully happens every day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 11, 2021 3:38 PM

R1, I've been waiting for the "angry old men" to die off. But there's always more coming up to take their place. The angry old men taught their kids to be the same way. And their kids radicalized other people.

I remember being a teenager and walking my dog in my neighborhood. I saw two unsupervised white boys in their yard. One looked to be about five; the other looked to be about three. Their black neighbor (a man who appeared to be in his 50s) was outside doing yard work next door. The five-year-old boy said to his little brother, "look, there's the [n-word]". The black neighbor, who heard it, smiled and waved at the boys. He knew where the boys had learned the word, and they were too young to understand its impact. He showed them only warmth and kindness in an attempt to counteract whatever their parents were teaching them about him.

This shit gets passed down from generation to generation. The school system needs to include diversity training as part of its curriculum. Kids need to be taught to respect people who are different, they need to be taught NOT to bully and not to sexually harass or assault other kids. The schools need to teach empathy, because so many parents fail to teach it.

by Anonymousreply 2January 11, 2021 3:52 PM

[quote]The schools need to teach empathy, because so many parents fail to teach it.

Over my resigned body!

by Anonymousreply 3January 11, 2021 3:56 PM

Hillary is correct. Obama is correct that him (as a black man) being POTUS really caused resentment.

Trump didn't create white supremacy. It existed and was brought to the surface when Trump came into power.

by Anonymousreply 4January 11, 2021 4:23 PM

Trump will do anything to 'win'. He used to be a Democrat. He'll morph into anything he needs to be.

by Anonymousreply 5January 11, 2021 4:59 PM

Hilary Clinton doesn’t get to tell me I shouldn’t feel shock.

by Anonymousreply 6January 11, 2021 5:44 PM

R2 is right. There were several GenX and Boomer parents there with their kids at the insurrection. There are a lot of Millennials who are alt-right, just look at all the podcasters.

The idea that these bigots are generational and will die off is a fallacy. It's just not true.

by Anonymousreply 7January 11, 2021 5:50 PM

This woman couldn’t be bothered to visit the Midwest, losing the election to a game show host who bragged about rape. I don’t want to hear from her. This is her fault.

by Anonymousreply 8January 11, 2021 6:05 PM

How odd that our Parler-linking ALL CAPS hysterical OP, who has been posting for something like 28 hours straight now, would start a thread about Hillary Clinton that would lead to shitstain trolls like r8 blaming the attempted coup on her.

I mean, it's such a shock that the OP would post something that ostensibly looks like a legitimate concern, but which is quickly revealed to just be trollbait meant to deflect blame off of Trump and the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 9January 11, 2021 6:26 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 11, 2021 6:30 PM

Please stop giving a platform to this irrelevant woman.

by Anonymousreply 11January 11, 2021 6:36 PM

Bumping to give a platform to this great woman. All her predictions of what would happen if Trump became President have come true.

by Anonymousreply 12January 11, 2021 6:52 PM

R12 And your point is? Any intelligent and informed American could have made the same predictions.

by Anonymousreply 13January 11, 2021 6:57 PM

[quote] Trump should be impeached but that alone won’t remove white supremacy from America.

Gee, not to state the obvious or anything. Is she getting dementia?

by Anonymousreply 14January 11, 2021 7:00 PM

She was excoriated for making those observations, R13. She laid out exactly what would happen if Trump was elected and she was right about all of it, and sour old GOP sympathizers like you wouldn't admit it if your lives depended on it. "She called people Deplorables! She didn't visit my pitiful square state! I'll rewrite history to make it seem like she was just stating the obvious because she's a mean mommy and I hate her! Waaah!"

Whatever. You can shitpost on an anonymous forum about how Hillary Clinton is the real problem all you want, it doesn't make it true. It just wastes your time. But I can't imagine you were doing anything useful with your time, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 15January 11, 2021 7:09 PM

"He's gonna take our economy from here, to HERE."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 11, 2021 7:29 PM

[quote] ...sour old GOP sympathizers like you.

Guess again. I said she was irrelevant. That doesn't make me a Republican sympathizer, sour, old or otherwise. If you knew how I feel about Republicans you'd realize how stupid a statement that was for you to make.

Your vitriol is excessive, and your emotional response leads me to believe that you're female, so stop acting out stereotypes.

You're wasting your time on this shithole site just like I am.

by Anonymousreply 17January 11, 2021 8:25 PM

[quote]The school system needs to include diversity training as part of its curriculum.

Many school systems do have some form of this but if it's optional, the people who need it aren't taking it.

Hell, many colleges require some form of this and many people take it to get it over with and never look back.

by Anonymousreply 18January 11, 2021 8:41 PM

R18, diversity and tolerance needs to be taught in kindergarten. I remember my curriculum included some special topics. In addition to the alphabet and numbers, we learned to tie our shoes, and we also learned to memorize our parents' names and phone number. In kindergarten, they need to teach who MLK was, and they need to play his speech, and explain what it means. They need to explain that there are all types of families. Some families have just one parent. Other families have a mom and a dad, while some have two moms or two dads. And no one type of family or skin color is better than any other. There should be anti-bullying video games to encourage being nice. Calling another kid "dummy", "fatso", "midget", "loser" or other demeaning terms should result in suspension for the third offense. Nip the bullying and harassment in the bud before it gets bad.

Of course, the repubs will label this as "liberal indoctrination". Some of them (the ones who don't rely on the schools for free meals and babysitting) will withdraw their kids and homeschool them. But, a lot of kids will

by Anonymousreply 19January 12, 2021 3:45 AM

The super-predators deserve equal right in prison.

by Anonymousreply 20January 12, 2021 3:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!