Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chris Hayes sounds the alarm on twitter...

"In the almost 10 years I've hosted a cable news show, I've had a lot of occassion (unfortunately) to cover massive acts of violence from mass shootings to terrorist attacks to large scale protests that have turned violent."

"In *each and every case* - no matter what jurisdiction, from the largest city to the tiniest rural county, local law enforcement gives some kind of media briefing after the event is over. Often these happen in middle of the night or wee hours of the morning."

"Often they're repeated multiple times a day to give updated information: how many police officers were killed or hurt, how many civilians were killed or hurt, how many people are hospitalized, who has been apprehended, and who is still at large, and what suspects are being sought"

"I cannot believe that it's now been FOUR DAYS since the most consequential attack on the seat of US government since 1812 and there has been, as far as I can tell NOT A SINGLE BRIEFING FROM FEDERAL AUTHORITIES. "

"What on earth is going on?"

"I have never seen anything like this."

"There is so little we know! Everyone is piecing things together from interviews w elected, first-hand accounts and some incredible reporting, but basically no official information."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166January 13, 2021 11:02 AM

He's a hysterical ninny, but he's not wrong here.

by Anonymousreply 1January 11, 2021 12:07 AM

Chris Hayes types fat.

by Anonymousreply 2January 11, 2021 12:12 AM

Law enforcement needs a massive purge, from the top-down. A huge spring cleaning. Make a four-year university degree mandatory for them to enter the force -- just like every other f'ing profession out there today.

by Anonymousreply 3January 11, 2021 12:12 AM

Trump installed a bunch of lackeys for a reason, they're all just trying to pretend it never happened. No briefings, no information released, no flag at half mast for the officers, nothing.

by Anonymousreply 4January 11, 2021 12:13 AM

I don't think people are "getting" it. It's the lack of press conferences that is really freaking people out. It's not because they can't do it. It's because they won't.

by Anonymousreply 5January 11, 2021 12:14 AM

It could also be because the attack hasn't ended. Lot's of replies on his feed are saying that.

by Anonymousreply 6January 11, 2021 12:15 AM

I understand that members of Congress may carry arms inside the Capitol. If I were such a Rep or Senator, I would be armed from now on at all times when there in case there is another police-sponsored attempted coup.

by Anonymousreply 7January 11, 2021 12:16 AM

I just posted this in another thread—no idea he posted this. No press conferences, no briefings, no info whatsoever. What the hell???

by Anonymousreply 8January 11, 2021 12:18 AM

The people who would give the press conferences on the coup are complicit in the coup.

It's pretty simple, really.

by Anonymousreply 9January 11, 2021 12:19 AM

Is the terrorist attack over? Should some federal agency be giving us some information?

by Anonymousreply 10January 11, 2021 12:20 AM

I agree with Michael Moore. LEO does not want to do a press conference because no one wants to have to share how fucked up the response was, or be blamed for it. It’s really shameful. The Tennessee bomber without a single casualty to bystanders had multiple press conferences.

by Anonymousreply 11January 11, 2021 12:22 AM

Chris Hayes wants other people to his job for him.

by Anonymousreply 12January 11, 2021 12:24 AM

This is burning up twitter. Everyone is retweeting it.

by Anonymousreply 13January 11, 2021 12:27 AM

If law enforcement allowed it why would they want to talk about it?

by Anonymousreply 14January 11, 2021 12:27 AM

Chris Hayes is a high-anxiety Karen.

by Anonymousreply 15January 11, 2021 12:31 AM

Exactly, R14. They don't want the scrutiny or the attention, and Trump is surely throwing up roadblocks as well.

by Anonymousreply 16January 11, 2021 12:32 AM

I don’t doubt there’s something very sinister going on. But I think a lot of it also comes down to just pure incompetence. These agencies have been a revolving door for four years. Who the fuck even works at these agencies anymore? And the people who are there in leadership positions are inexperienced and likely uninterested in the actual job. Nobody knows what they’re doing.

by Anonymousreply 17January 11, 2021 12:32 AM

Why are people trying to minimize this. It's the first time that no agency has had a press conference (after a major attack) in the history of the country.

by Anonymousreply 18January 11, 2021 12:32 AM

What are some other reasons for this? None of this is convincing. I think it could still be going on. How would we know?

by Anonymousreply 19January 11, 2021 12:34 AM

Trump gutted a bunch of agencies, probably for just such a contingency. The chief of the Capitol police resigned as did the House Sgt at Arms. They may not even know who is responsible for informing the press and they probably aren't keen to do it anyway, considering how badly they dropped the ball here.

Officers have told the press that they weren't given any notice or warning other than possible protests, which is either gross incompetence or part of a plot. The cops don't want to have to answer to either of those options.

by Anonymousreply 20January 11, 2021 12:35 AM

You say you think the coup is still going on, what do you even mean by that?

by Anonymousreply 21January 11, 2021 12:35 AM

Replying to @chrislhayes Ok, this is crazy but hear me out. Is it possible the 25th HAS been invoked. It explains a lot. Why Pence ordered the National guard even though he was not in the chain of command. Why they are not having a press conference. Why some secretaries have resigned AFTER they voted.

by Anonymousreply 22January 11, 2021 12:35 AM

Some law enforcement, like the US Attorney in DC (linked), are giving updates. We're hearing of arrests from local law enforcement. The Administration is going silent because they're complicit with the crimes and because they're headless, Trump basically letting everything run to chaos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 11, 2021 12:36 AM

Replying to @chrislhayes I’ve been wondering the same since Wednesday - absolute crickets

by Anonymousreply 24January 11, 2021 12:36 AM

Replying to @chrislhayes Spoiler. It was an inside job coordinated by the White House. ALL the people who should be briefing you are #complicit. The footage of a policeman being beaten to death was sickening and damning. #LockThemUp

by Anonymousreply 25January 11, 2021 12:37 AM

As someone who works in government, this is really strange. There are always deputy or press people that are assigned to brief the press. And if it was ongoing doesn’t matter. That actually would make the silence even worse.

by Anonymousreply 26January 11, 2021 12:37 AM

[quote]Why are people trying to minimize this. It's the first time that no agency has had a press conference (after a major attack) in the history of the country.

Normally after an attack on the nation, the President would go on TV and make a statement and bring other heads of appropriate agencies on to add further details. But since the current President is incompetent and was himself involved in coordinating the attack, it's probably unclear as to who should be speaking to the public.

by Anonymousreply 27January 11, 2021 12:37 AM

I'd think Trump would have gotten word out somehow that he had been 25th by the "deep state" yadda yadda if it had happened already.

by Anonymousreply 28January 11, 2021 12:38 AM

@CreechJeff Replying to @chrislhayes I'm trying to tell you Chris, US Intel knew about the plan to attack the Capital. The chief of the Capitol Police flat out lied to @SpeakerPelosi & several other US legislators about the preparedness for a possible attack. The Govt was complicit in this coup.

by Anonymousreply 29January 11, 2021 12:38 AM

If 25th had been invoked, Congress would have to have been informed.

by Anonymousreply 30January 11, 2021 12:38 AM

Well, we know what's happening. The agencies responsible for providing briefings on the attack have been hollowed out and gutted from within by the person who sits at the head of the executive, Donald Trump.

I don't think there is anything nefarious going on here (at least related to the lack of briefings). I think it's just another consequences of putting someone like Trump in charge.

Four years is a lot of rot.

by Anonymousreply 31January 11, 2021 12:39 AM

The press conferences have been a painful farce for the last 4 years.

Why moan about their absence when everything is about to go down the drain in a matter of days?

by Anonymousreply 32January 11, 2021 12:40 AM

Kayleigh what's-her-face finally came out of hiding with shitty hair and makeup, and like r23 said, we've been getting some news. Not a lot and not as much as we should, but it hasn't been complete radio silence.

We know Trump and some lackeys were complicit in this. We've all seen the video from before he gave his speech. We know some cops were sympathetic and others were simply incompetent. Agencies meant to deal with this are almost empty or full of incompetent Trump goons.

That alone explains why everyone is keeping quiet. And the FBI isn't going to say shit right now, it's an active ongoing investigation.

by Anonymousreply 33January 11, 2021 12:40 AM

My hunch is that the WH will not authorize anyone to speak out of fear of admitting all the mistakes and roadblocks they put up.

by Anonymousreply 34January 11, 2021 12:41 AM

[quote]US Intel knew about the plan to attack the Capital

The FBI knew, that's why they brought in the leader of the Proud Boys before the rally. The Secret Service surely knew, they got Pence out of there first and very quickly because they knew the mob would come for him after Trump's speech.

But the intelligence agencies aren't going to be giving press conferences, are they?

by Anonymousreply 35January 11, 2021 12:42 AM

[quote] I'm trying to tell you Chris, US Intel knew about the plan to attack the Capital. The chief of the Capitol Police flat out lied to @SpeakerPelosi & several other US legislators about the preparedness for a possible attack. The Govt was complicit in this coup.

Have the complicit ones all fired or pressured to resign. Prosecute the ringleaders. Strip the rest of their porcine pensions, benefits, salaries. I want to see these fuckers in their 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s forced to start over from scratch.

by Anonymousreply 36January 11, 2021 12:45 AM

Normally DC police, DHS, FBI and other states that sent assistance would be giving joint press conferences. But not having them raises major red flags, which of course we know is the WH causing the riot and deaths.

by Anonymousreply 37January 11, 2021 12:45 AM

There will be another Warren Commission. Rinse and Repeat, Land of the Free, Home of the Brave. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 38January 11, 2021 12:46 AM

If Pence grows a pair and triggers the 25th, it will be specific to this travesty and Trump’s part in it. Hopefully he is being told the truth about how Trump and Rudy planned the attack.

by Anonymousreply 39January 11, 2021 12:48 AM

As Moore said if there was nothing nefarious going on why was there only a fifth of the police on duty when everyone knew this was going to happen? Why was there no National Guard why were there no police on horseback why were there no helicopters?

This was all planned. Moore's video has to be seen by everybody. It was the greatest homegrown terrorist attack on the nation's capital ever and it was planned by Trump and his henchmen..

by Anonymousreply 40January 11, 2021 12:48 AM

Jason Crow spoke with the sec of the Army tonight

Sounds like a mix of incompetence, miscommunication stemming from the incompetence, and in some cases, willingness to allow the attack to keep happening

What a mess

I for one cannot wait for the congressional hearings. A lot of people need to go to prison

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 11, 2021 12:49 AM

The problem is that the DC police - sympathetic to Trump’s planned insurrection- repeatedly turned down assistance requested by the DC mayor.

by Anonymousreply 42January 11, 2021 12:57 AM

Not even Nixon, another Repuke, tried this.

by Anonymousreply 43January 11, 2021 1:00 AM

The head of the USCP is an expert in law enforcement and crowd control. He deliberately sent his staff into danger without the right equipment, number of bodies, information, a strategy. Can you imagine how that would feel? I want you to think about that — he used officers as sacrificial lambs on the altar of Trump. I also personally believe that some black officers were left alone on purpose too. This was orchestrated in partnership with the WH and key players in DOJ and Pentagon and their media. We could charge thousands of people with crimes, and I hope they do. But what was done to the USCP is fucking OUTRAGEOUS — and I’m not some cop lover. They were used, almost as bait. OUT-fucking-RAGEOUS.

by Anonymousreply 44January 11, 2021 1:05 AM

Trouble is that the MSNBC crowd are full of conspiracy theories.

by Anonymousreply 45January 11, 2021 1:05 AM

[quote] The head of the USCP

Who s/he R44. Link at all?

by Anonymousreply 46January 11, 2021 1:07 AM

I don’t think that applies here. If they wanted to protect the Congress and capitol building they would have. This was a setup planned by Trump and Rudy.

by Anonymousreply 47January 11, 2021 1:08 AM

r45, so that's the trouble??

by Anonymousreply 48January 11, 2021 1:15 AM

As European intelligence and political sources have been saying with the detachment of closer experience and informed interest, this coup attempt was only partly a pack of idiots running amuck. Trump and his lackeys/handlers have, indeed, been gutting safeguards, processes and qualified staffing for every manner of domestic and foreign defense, oversight and planning.

by Anonymousreply 49January 11, 2021 1:17 AM

Like the Kennedy assassination, we are never going to be free from conspiracy theories about this incident.

by Anonymousreply 50January 11, 2021 1:18 AM

I bought a gun yesterday. Anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 51January 11, 2021 1:19 AM

Chris Hayes has what we used to call "snail eyes."

by Anonymousreply 52January 11, 2021 1:22 AM

He also has what we used to call a double-chin R52, which for a person of his age and given his TV exposure is not good.

by Anonymousreply 53January 11, 2021 1:24 AM

R44 Co-signed. I feel horror for those policemen who, in their innocence, were sent to the slaughterhouse.

by Anonymousreply 54January 11, 2021 1:24 AM

Why are you even using the term conspiracy theories? It was planned for months.

by Anonymousreply 55January 11, 2021 1:26 AM

R48 It's sort of a mixture between MSNBC's tendency towards paranoia, and Chris Hayes' double chin ((eye roll)). Cunts are gonna cunt, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 56January 11, 2021 1:26 AM

R48, of course that’s not “the trouble.” But my brain is processing all of this in an episodic manner, it sinks in in pieces. “The trouble” is that we have a traitor madman in the WH, a political party enabling said madman, and half the populace is a brainwashed cult. But I stand by the horror of a commander sending in his team to be slaughtered — it is horrific, and those officers who did their jobs will never ever be the same again. That kind of betrayal scars you and takes years to accept. Their minds will wrestle with it, their minds will grabble with the idea that they were expendable items to be tossed in a wastebin. They have families and people they love — none of us will ever understand what that type of betrayal is like. But I agree with you, “the trouble” is much much much bigger.

by Anonymousreply 57January 11, 2021 1:31 AM

Chris H and MadCow went on and on and on for years on MSNBC about Mueller and yet Mueller was a damp squib. That's when I stopped watching, also because they sacked poor old C Matthews, my fave.

by Anonymousreply 58January 11, 2021 1:31 AM

[quote] a commander

Who exactly, R57 troll?

by Anonymousreply 59January 11, 2021 1:33 AM

Trouble is that r45 is a Trump Deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 60January 11, 2021 1:46 AM

Not a troll r59, here. And why do you think I’m a troll btw???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 11, 2021 1:53 AM

[quote] I bought a gun yesterday.

I just bet you did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 11, 2021 1:54 AM

For r59 again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 11, 2021 1:54 AM

And my third gift to r59. I’m just trolling away, making shit up right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 11, 2021 1:55 AM

No agency wants to go first because then they’ll automatically become the fall guy

by Anonymousreply 65January 11, 2021 1:58 AM

If you're spamming a thread because of what some asshole who calls Maddow "MadCow" said, then yeah, you're starting to act like a troll. He's already trolling you, stop wasting your time trolling him back.

by Anonymousreply 66January 11, 2021 1:59 AM

People who wish to post here need to back up their assertions with links. That's all. Nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 67January 11, 2021 2:00 AM

Somebody needs to address the public? Did they get all the bombs? Did they find out who set the bombs? These people could still be in D.C.

by Anonymousreply 68January 11, 2021 2:00 AM

[quote]People who wish to post here need to back up their assertions with links. That's all. Nothing new.

Bitch, shut the fuck up.

You've been trying to derail this thread from the beginning, talking about Hayes being fat and saying MSNBC viewers are all conspiracy theorists, and singling r64 et al. out to try to get a fight going to completely derail everything. Go. Fuck. Your. Self.

by Anonymousreply 69January 11, 2021 2:01 AM

Honestly, I didn’t even think about this but now that I am...

by Anonymousreply 70January 11, 2021 2:02 AM

Fuck off and fist fuck yourself again R69 for the 12th time today.

by Anonymousreply 71January 11, 2021 2:03 AM

The Dems started all this election stealing crap in 2016 with the Russian allegations. The Dems also abolished the filibuster in the Senate. Suck it up, I have.

by Anonymousreply 72January 11, 2021 2:04 AM

I guess the trolls are trying to bury this thread with all the bumps of other threads that are years old. I wonder why they don't want anyone to notice that nobody is addressing the nation. The lights are on but nobody is home.

by Anonymousreply 73January 11, 2021 2:04 AM

R69 and R71, SILENCE!

by Anonymousreply 74January 11, 2021 2:06 AM

Chris Hayes and Maddoff sounded the alarm years ago with Mueller and that went nowhere. Forget it.

by Anonymousreply 75January 11, 2021 2:07 AM

^Mad Cow Maddow

by Anonymousreply 76January 11, 2021 2:07 AM

Sure, r74, I'll stop pointing out that trolls are trying to derail the discussion, that way there will be more room for you to post yet another link to another dull and useless Seth Abramson Twitter thread.

by Anonymousreply 77January 11, 2021 2:09 AM

I have a bad feeling about this. Unless some actual top officials come out and answer questions about this, we can assume the terrorist attack and subsequent coup are still ongoing?

If it was over, the appropriate federal agencies would be addressing the nation, no? Like they have 100% of the time in the past.

by Anonymousreply 78January 11, 2021 2:11 AM

R77 Oooo girl...

by Anonymousreply 79January 11, 2021 2:12 AM

The trolls seem more focused on this thread than they have any other thread since Wednesday. Wonder why that is. They are determined to try to distract from it. It's startling.

by Anonymousreply 80January 11, 2021 2:12 AM

No one is derailing anything. The fact is that MSNBC went on about a vast Russian-rightwing conspiracy for years and kept going, for the ratings, until Mueller finally said, "No."

by Anonymousreply 81January 11, 2021 2:12 AM

Rep. Crow's office also noted that Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy said that further attempts at violence are very possible.

I know people here think the coup is still going and/or we don't have any new information, but what McCarthy says seems much more likely: the last attempt is over, more attempts may be around the corner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 11, 2021 2:13 AM

I don't think so, r78, because the threat for MORE attacks is pretty high, and organizations like the FBI don't want to tip their hand and let potential insurrectionists and terrorists know what their plan is.

by Anonymousreply 83January 11, 2021 2:14 AM

R78 learn to quote using your [ ]

by Anonymousreply 84January 11, 2021 2:14 AM

Why haven't we heard anything else about the bombs?

by Anonymousreply 85January 11, 2021 2:16 AM

Okay, now I’m jumping in.

WHAT IN THE FUCK DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH A DOMESTIC TERRORIST ATTACK ORCHESTRATED BY AN IMPEACHED SITTING PRESIDENT AND HOW IT IS ADDRESSED BY A PROMINENT AND RESPECTED NEWS PROGRAM?

by Anonymousreply 86January 11, 2021 2:17 AM

Mary me all you want. R45 made me get tears in my eyes-

The enormity of this DOES sink in in pieces- Its a Pandoras Box and it seems never-ending - like this will multiply in its horror as the days go on. The reality of it.

You explained betrayal in a very accurate way. God bless the good men and women who did their jobs with honor.

by Anonymousreply 87January 11, 2021 2:17 AM

Meant for R81.

by Anonymousreply 88January 11, 2021 2:17 AM

There probably weren't any bombs.

by Anonymousreply 89January 11, 2021 2:17 AM

The rabid revolutionaries carefully strolling between the guide ropes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 11, 2021 2:18 AM

Sorry, I meant R57!!! Fuck. There is so much to absorb.

by Anonymousreply 91January 11, 2021 2:18 AM

"but what McCarthy says seems much more likely: the last attempt is over"

Give the link for this quote... Is this more disinformation? Please include McCarthy's quote. This is serious.

by Anonymousreply 92January 11, 2021 2:18 AM

[quote] The fact is that MSNBC went on about a vast Russian-rightwing conspiracy for years and kept going, for the ratings, until Mueller finally said, "No."

No, R81, Mueller did not say '𝑛𝑜' regarding Russian interference. Stop spreading Trump/Barr narratives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93January 11, 2021 2:20 AM

R85, the bombs were planted by that Barnett guy apparently, the one sitting in Pelosi's office (or an outer office, maybe, but you know who I mean). He was charged days ago so I think the issue has been pretty well covered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94January 11, 2021 2:21 AM

What, R92? What are you implying?

If you have any information that says the coup on Wednesday is still going, then post it. I'm saying that from what we heard via Rep. Crow's talk with the Army Secretary, that Wednesday's coup attempt is over, but more may be coming.

by Anonymousreply 95January 11, 2021 2:22 AM

Where does he say it is over? Exactly? That would bring some relief. But I can't find where he says that.

by Anonymousreply 96January 11, 2021 2:24 AM

R95, there are posters all over the web advertising another event for January 17th, at DC and state capitals. I refuse to link that here. Look it up. There is a shit ton of propaganda being churned out at warp speed, it’s everywhere. Look at something called “the real scarboro” on Parler, it’s a video — though this video talks about Jan 20th.

Either way, it’s kind of semantics, right? Are multiple attempts to overthrow a government all lumped in as a single coup d’etat, or is each event singular and its own separate coup attempt? I think it’s potato, potahto.

by Anonymousreply 97January 11, 2021 2:27 AM

Bombs were real. Some found at DNC, RNC, and god knows where else.

The poster upthread who had no idea there were any bombs is why we need government officials out in front informing the public and taking questions. Look how clueless posters like that are. That is why we need more information.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98January 11, 2021 2:27 AM

R96/OP, if you think the coup attempt is still ongoing, then show us WHY you think that. People have been asking for hours what you mean when you say you think the coup is still underway. You never answer.

You've been spending all day on DL posting ALL CAPS panic threads and challenging anyone who posts actual links and facts, especially on your DHS thread, and I'm starting to suspect that none of what you're doing is in good faith.

by Anonymousreply 99January 11, 2021 2:27 AM

R95/R99, I'm not sure that there's a meaningful distinction between Wednesday's coup (which you're characterizing as "over") and the planned next ones on the 17th, 19th, and 20th. The whole situation is ongoing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100January 11, 2021 2:28 AM

R97, I know, I was in at least two of the several threads we had about that event AND I'm the person who tried to find the original source for the poster and event; the source, best I can tell, was some small Boogaloo Boy blog.

Telling me that there are people still planning more actions is telling me what I already know, because I already linked to tweets that have the information Rep. Crow provided today about possible domestic terrorism from now until the inauguration.

by Anonymousreply 101January 11, 2021 2:29 AM

So, he never said it was over, RIght?

Enough with all this disinformation.

by Anonymousreply 102January 11, 2021 2:30 AM

You're the one saying on the DHS thread you started that the Dept of Homeland Security has jurisdiction over all this, R102, and attacking all the people who showed you otherwise.

You're the one who wants everyone on Datalounge to think there's still a coup going on right now, right this minute, based on nothing but your word.

I wouldn't be accusing others of spreading disinfo, R102. That seems to be your job.

by Anonymousreply 103January 11, 2021 2:37 AM

Replying to @adamgoldmanNYT FBI Director Wray nor David Bowdich, the deputy director in charge of operations at the bureau, has held a news conference where reporters could ask questions. Neither has Jeffrey A. Rosen, the acting attorney general. Neither has John Demers of DOJ National Security Division.

by Anonymousreply 104January 11, 2021 2:38 AM

This thread blows chunks. Very, very unsatisfying discourse. What is all y'alls deals?

by Anonymousreply 105January 11, 2021 2:40 AM

Adam Goldman @adamgoldmanNYT · 1h I can think of a few people I would like to question: the head of counterterrorism (CTD) and the head of domestic terrorism operations (DTOS) at the FBI and the chief of the counterterrorism section at DOJ.

by Anonymousreply 106January 11, 2021 2:40 AM

Back to the topic: So, why [italic]haven’t[/italic] they given a media briefing?

by Anonymousreply 107January 11, 2021 2:40 AM

Adam Goldman @adamgoldmanNYT · 52m Why aren't the people entrusted with protecting this country at the podium every day answering hard questions about the "siege of the Capitol" as Director Wray described it in a news release. Let that sink in. The F.B.I. director said there was a "siege of the Capitol."

by Anonymousreply 108January 11, 2021 2:40 AM

Souldelay @SouldelayR · 1h Replying to @adamgoldmanNYT Because they are all actively complicit. The planning coordination, execution and the stonewalling now came from the WH Meadows, Miller and Trump. They are all busy hard deleting emails, texts, destroying evidence Wake up America! You are surprised?

by Anonymousreply 109January 11, 2021 2:41 AM

April Moyer @AprilMuttz · 1h Replying to @adamgoldmanNYT We are a country without an executive branch of government.

by Anonymousreply 110January 11, 2021 2:43 AM

Marilyn @mlwharriman74 · 6h Replying to @chrislhayes You probably already know this but...Steven Sund, US Capitol Police Chief, who resigned day after Capitol breach, is employed until 1/16 when resignation takes effect. N Pelosi sd he never contacted her. Did he ever give a briefing? Sgt. At Arms?

by Anonymousreply 111January 11, 2021 2:45 AM

They're going to have to build a new Federal prison just to hold all the new inmates.

by Anonymousreply 112January 11, 2021 2:54 AM

R111, I cannot back this up with a link, but I have never read that either one of them gave a statement. Anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 113January 11, 2021 2:54 AM

It took two seconds to go to Google and search for [italic] Steven Sund statement, [/italic] guys.

It's bullshit but he HAS made a statement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114January 11, 2021 3:01 AM

Sund also gave an interview to WaPo, which is also bullshit ass-covering on his part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115January 11, 2021 3:05 AM

I think the FBI (and probably the DOJ) is laying low while Trump is there so he can’t fuck anything up with his obstruction

by Anonymousreply 116January 11, 2021 3:05 AM

He has not taken any questions or appeared before a camera or faced the pubic in anyway.

by Anonymousreply 117January 11, 2021 3:05 AM

PlanetInCrisis @SallyS79 · 5h Replying to @chrislhayes The absence of information from official sources is what leads to anxiety and dangerous speculation. The Rs think holding Trump & his congressional lackeys accountable inflames the situation. I think no trusted source of information in the govt. is a far worse scenario.

by Anonymousreply 118January 11, 2021 3:06 AM

Tribeca69 @meingram61 · 3h Replying to @chrislhayes It was an inside job on the highest levels. The people involved include the pres and his staff, Law enforcement, ex military, state legislators and a lot of Washington insiders like Ginni Thomas who helped finance 70 buses. Follow the money.

by Anonymousreply 119January 11, 2021 3:07 AM

I highly recommend people start doing a quick Google search or take a glance on Twitter before making grand pronouncements about so-called facts which are, in actually, just their own assumptions.

by Anonymousreply 120January 11, 2021 3:10 AM

THIS:

[bold] It was an inside job on the highest levels. The people involved include the pres and his staff, Law enforcement, ex military, state legislators and a lot of Washington insiders like Ginni Thomas who helped finance 70 buses. Follow the money.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 121January 11, 2021 3:10 AM

r115, can you post the contents of that interview? It is behind a paywall.

Which is ironic. Because people upthread don't seem to know the value of a press conference and why they have been mandatory at every major event in U.S. history.

This information is behind a paywall that 99% of the population will never see. Looking forward to reading it if you would kindly post the contents.

by Anonymousreply 122January 11, 2021 3:17 AM

[quote] It took two seconds to go to Google and search for Steven Sund statement, guys. // Sund also gave an interview to WaPo

Sp the entire thread is based on just another MSNBC political porn fantasy

by Anonymousreply 123January 11, 2021 3:26 AM

[quote]I'm not sure that there's a meaningful distinction between Wednesday's coup (which you're characterizing as "over")

There's a huge difference between people speculating that there is still an ongoing coup attempt behind the scenes, and this insistence that, because "they" haven't said that it's officially over, that means it's not.

There's no logic to that. A majority of the time, people who say things like that won't even explain who "they" are.

No one who insists the coup is ongoing wants to explain why or how. The best I can tell, after piecing together a bunch of separate posts, many of them hysterical, is that some people think any and all future attacks/domestic terrorism will be automatically linked to the Wednesday coup attempt and will be basically a continuance of the coup attempt.

Sure, but that's an opinion, not a fact, and disagreeing with your opinion is not disinformation.

We saw hints that the rally on the 6th was going to turn into an attack for months before it did, and we're not seeing the same kind of hints now of any continuance of the coup. Trump has been silenced, plenty of people have been identified and arrested, the Secret Service and the FBI are on the ball even if the Capitol police aren't, and Wednesday was an unmitigated failure for the insurrectionists. There's no path for them to keep Trump in office, which was their goal. They didn't have a path before, as we all know, but didn't realize it, and now I think a lot of them get it.

Personally, I don't see any way the coup attempt can continue, and I think if we get more outbreaks of violence, they'll be about revenge and not about keeping Trump in office, which is what the 6th was ostensibly about.

If you disagree, fine, but claiming your opinion is fact and any disagreement with your opinion is disinformation is pretty disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 124January 11, 2021 3:27 AM

[quote] people think any and all future attacks/domestic terrorism will be automatically linked to the Wednesday coup attempt and will be basically a continuance of the coup attempt.

What the hell else would you link it to?

by Anonymousreply 125January 11, 2021 3:33 AM

This thread is full of denialist trolls, and ya know what? It's fine if you waste your time on DL trying to distract from reality by trashing MSNBC and misrepresenting Mueller. Because a metric ton of info will eventually come out to explain the officials' embargo. And your poop throwing on this lil ol DL thread will be the least of any of our worries.

Just look at the footage and eyewitness accounts that are piling up. This jigsaw puzzle will be solved, and the picture won't be pretty.

by Anonymousreply 126January 11, 2021 3:41 AM

R126- The level of conspiracy and criminality, much less evil , will probably shock many. This will take years to unravel. Historians are going to be in their element.

by Anonymousreply 127January 11, 2021 3:44 AM

Does anyone have a wapo sub? I would like to read the article at r115.

by Anonymousreply 128January 11, 2021 3:44 AM

Yep, R127. The beauty of a D-controlled House and Senate is that congressional hearings will actually be substantive. As will DOJ investigations.

by Anonymousreply 129January 11, 2021 3:47 AM

Yes, R 128. We can't copy entire articles due to copyright restrictions, but I'll cut and paste the highlights:

WAPO 1: [bold]Outgoing Capitol Police chief: House, Senate security officials hamstrung efforts to call in National Guard [/bold]

an. 10, 2021 at 8:38 p.m. PST Add to list

Two days before Congress was set to formalize President-elect Joe Biden’s victory, Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund was growing increasingly worried about the size of the pro-Trump crowds expected to stream into Washington in protest.

To be on the safe side, Sund asked House and Senate security officials for permission to request that the D.C. National Guard be placed on standby in case he needed quick backup.

But, Sund said Sunday, they turned him down.

In his first interview since pro-Trump rioters stormed the U.S. Capitol last week, Sund, who has since resigned his post, said his supervisors were reluctant to take formal steps to put the Guard on call even as police intelligence suggested that the crowd President Trump had invited to Washington to protest his defeat probably would be much larger than earlier demonstrations.

House Sergeant at Arms Paul Irving said he wasn’t comfortable with the “optics” of formally declaring an emergency ahead of the demonstration, Sund said. Meanwhile, Senate Sergeant at Arms Michael Stenger suggested that Sund should informally seek out his Guard contacts, asking them to “lean forward” and be on alert in case Capitol Police needed their help.

by Anonymousreply 130January 11, 2021 3:50 AM

For R128. WAPO 2:

Irving could not be reached for comment. A cellphone number listed in his name has not accepted messages since Wednesday. Messages left at a residence he owns in Nevada were not immediately returned, and there was no answer Sunday evening at a Watergate apartment listed in his name. A neighbor said he had recently moved out.

Stenger declined Sunday to comment when a reporter visited his Virginia home. “I really don’t want to talk about it,” he said.

It was the first of six times Sund’s request for help was rejected or delayed, he said. Two days later on Wednesday afternoon, his forces already in the midst of crisis, Sund said he pleaded for help five more times as a scene far more dire than he had ever imagined unfolded on the historic Capitol grounds.

An army of 8,000 pro-Trump demonstrators streamed down Pennsylvania Avenue after hearing Trump speak near the White House. Sund’s outer perimeter on the Capitol’s west side was breached within 15 minutes. With 1,400 Capitol Police officers on duty, his forces were quickly overrun.

“If we would have had the National Guard we could have held them at bay longer, until more officers from our partner agencies could arrive,” he said.

by Anonymousreply 131January 11, 2021 3:51 AM

WAPO 3:

Just before 2 p.m., the pro-Trump mob entered the Capitol, sending lawmakers and staff scrambling for safety. D.C. police had quickly dispatched hundreds of officers to the scene. But it wasn’t enough. At 2:26 p.m., Sund said, he joined a conference call to the Pentagon to plead for additional backup.

“I am making an urgent, urgent immediate request for National Guard assistance,” Sund recalled saying. “I have got to get boots on the ground.”

On the call were several officials from the D.C. government, as well as officials from the Pentagon, including Lt. Gen. Walter E. Piatt, director of the Army Staff. The D.C. contingent was flabbergasted to hear Piatt say that he could not recommend that his boss, Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy, approve the request.

“I don’t like the visual of the National Guard standing a police line with the Capitol in the background,” Piatt said, according to Sund and others on the call.

Again and again, Sund said, “The situation is dire,” recalled John Falcicchio, the chief of staff for D.C. Mayor Muriel E. Bowser. “Literally, this guy is on the phone, I mean, crying out for help. It’s burned in my memories.”

by Anonymousreply 132January 11, 2021 3:52 AM

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 133January 11, 2021 3:52 AM

WAPO 4:

Last Monday, Sund said, he began to worry about the Jan. 6 demonstration.

“We knew it would be bigger,” Sund said. “We looked at the intelligence. We knew we would have large crowds, the potential for some violent altercations. I had nothing indicating we would have a large mob seize the Capitol.”

Sure, there were claims that alt-right instigators had discussed storming the building and targeting lawmakers. But Sund said such threats had surfaced in the past.

“You might see rhetoric on social media. We had seen that many times before,” he said. “People say a lot of things online.”

Still, he decided to call Irving and Stenger to ask for permission to request that the National Guard be put on emergency standby. Irving didn’t like the idea, Sund said; he said it would look bad because it would communicate that they presumed an emergency. He said he’d have to ask House leaders.

On the way home that evening, Sund did as Stenger suggested, calling Maj. Gen. William J. Walker, the head of the 1,000-member D.C. National Guard, to tell him that he might call on him for help. “If we can get you leaning forward,” Sund said, “how long do you think it would take to get us assistance?”

Walker said he thought he could send 125 personnel fairly quickly. Over the weekend, Sund had also conferred with D.C. Police Chief Robert J. Contee III, who also had offered to lend a hand if trouble arose.

On Tuesday, Sund said he briefed Irving and Stenger, who said that backup seemed sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 134January 11, 2021 3:54 AM

WAPO 5: Just before noon Wednesday, Sund was monitoring Trump’s speech to the crowd on the Ellipse when he was called away. There were reports of two pipe bombs near the Capitol grounds. So Sund didn’t hear the president call on protesters to “fight” against lawmakers preparing to confirm Biden’s victory. Nor did he hear Trump’s personal attorney, Rudolph W. Giuliani, urging the crowd to engage in “trial by combat,” an eerie reference to battles to the death in the series, “Game of Thrones.” Sund said he now suspects that the pipe bombs were an intentional effort to draw officers away from the Capitol perimeter.

The first wave of protesters arrived at the Capitol about 12:40 p.m.

“As soon as they hit the fence line, the fight was on,” Sund said. “Violent confrontations from the start. They came with riot helmets, gas masks, shields, pepper spray, fireworks, climbing gear — climbing gear! — explosives, metal pipes, baseball bats. I have never seen anything like it in 30 years of events in Washington.”

Using video footage from the Capitol and radio transmissions from his incident commanders, Sund could see his officers trying to hold the line. But the rioters immediately yanked the barricade fence out of the way and threw it at his officers’ heads.

“I realized at 1 p.m., things aren’t going well,” he said. “I’m watching my people getting slammed.”

Sund immediately called Contee, who sent 100 officers to the scene, with some arriving within 10 minutes. But at 1:09 p.m., Sund said he called Irving and Stenger, telling them it was time to call in the Guard. He wanted an emergency declaration. Both men said they would “run it up the chain” and get back to him, he said.

Minutes later, aides to the top congressional leaders were called to Stenger’s office for an update on the situation — and were infuriated to learn that the sergeants at arms had not yet called in the National Guard or any other reinforcements, as was their responsibility to do without seeking approval from leaders.

“What do you mean that there’s no National Guard, that there’s no reinforcements coming?” aides demanded to know. “Why haven’t you ordered them, why aren’t they already here?”

by Anonymousreply 135January 11, 2021 3:55 AM

WAPO 6: Sund said he called Irving twice more and Stenger once to check on their progress. At 1:50 p.m. — nine minutes before the Capitol was breached — Sund said he was losing patience. He called Walker to tell him to get ready to bring the Guard. Irving called back with formal approval at 2:10 p.m. By then, plainclothes Capitol Police agents were barricading the door to the Speaker’s Lobby just off the House chamber to keep the marauders from charging in.

Sund finally had approval to call the National Guard. But that would prove to be just the beginning of a bureaucratic nightmare to get soldiers on the scene.

At 2:26 p.m., Sund joined a conference call organized by D.C’s homeland security director, Chris Rodriguez. Among those on the screen were the District’s police chief, mayor and Walker.

Unlike anywhere else in the country, the D.C. Guard does not report to a governor, but to the president, so Walker patched in the office of the Secretary of the Army, noting that he would need authorization from the Pentagon to order soldiers to the Capitol.

Piatt noted the Pentagon still needed authorization from Capitol Police to step foot on Capitol grounds. Sund ticked through details on the severity of the breach, but the call got noisy with crosstalk as officials asked more questions.

Contee sought to quiet the din. “Wait, wait,” he said, and then directed attention to Sund. “Steve, are you requesting National Guard assistance at the Capitol?”

Sund said he replied: “I am making urgent, urgent, immediate request for National Guard assistance.”

But Piatt, dialed in from across the river at the Pentagon, pushed back, according to Sund, saying he would prefer to have Guard soldiers take up posts around Washington, relieving D.C. police, so that they could respond to the Capitol instead of guardsmen. Sund’s account is supported by four D.C. officials on the call, including Bowser.

Bowser told The Washington Post that Sund had “made it perfectly clear that they needed extraordinary help, including the National Guard. There was some concern from the Army of what it would look like to have armed military personnel on the grounds of the Capitol.”

Falcicchio said that once Contee confirmed that Sund wanted the National Guard, D.C. officials echoed his request.

“Contee was definitely — I hate to use this term, but there’s no other term for it. He was pleading,” Falcicchio said. “He was pleading with them to fulfill the request that Capitol Police was making.”

But the entire discussion was in vain. Only McCarthy, the secretary, could order the Guard deployed — and only with the approval of the Pentagon chief. McCarthy has since said that, at the time of the call, he was busy taking the requests to activate more Guard to acting defense secretary Christopher C. Miller.

At one point, according to a defense official, Contee said, “Let me be clear, are you denying this?” To which Piatt responded that he wasn’t denying the request; he simply didn’t have the authority to approve it.

“It was clear that it was a dire situation,” the defense official said. “He didn’t want to commit to anything without getting approval.”

by Anonymousreply 136January 11, 2021 3:57 AM

WAPO 7

At 3:45 p.m., Stenger told Sund that he would ask his boss, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), for help getting the National Guard authorized more quickly. Sund never learned the result. More of Contee’s officers had arrived and were helping remove rioters from the grounds. Capitol Police worked with other federal authorities, including the Secret Service, the Park Police and the FBI, to secure lawmakers, eject rioters and sweep the building so lawmakers could return to finish counting the electoral college votes that would allow them to formally recognize Biden’s victory later that night.

According to a timeline the Defense Department published Friday, Miller verbally authorized the activation of the entire D.C. Guard at 3:04 p.m. It would take two more hours for most of the citizen soldiers to leave their jobs and homes, and pick up gear from the D.C. Armory.

Sund, who was officially replaced as chief Friday, said he is left feeling that America’s bastions of democracy need far more security. He said the violent crowd that mobbed the Capitol was unlike anything he has ever seen.

“They were extremely dangerous and they were extremely prepared. I have a hard time calling this a demonstration,” he said.

“I’m a firm supporter of First Amendment. This was none of that,” he added. “This was criminal riotous activity.”

Sund blamed Trump for putting his officers at risk, saying “the crowd left that rally and had been incited by some of the words the president said.” Sund said he fears what may come next.

On Sunday, the Capitol’s rolling green lawn was ringed by high black fencing and patrolled by personnel in green camouflage keeping the public at bay.

“This is the people’s house. Congress members have always prided themselves on having an open campus,” Sund said. But now, “I’m not sure that will continue to be defensible.”

The end,

by Anonymousreply 137January 11, 2021 3:59 AM

This is DL. We allow pointless bitchery, but NOT pointless discourse. Get it together you cunts.

by Anonymousreply 138January 11, 2021 4:01 AM

R127 I remember about 2 hours into the assault and then 10-15 hours after it, it occurred to me that this domestic terrorist attack had almost the same emotional impact on me as 9/11 - and I had just turned 20 and was living in Greenpoint Brooklyn at when that attack occurred - but then I shrugged it off and admonished myself. “Don’t be so fucking neurotic,” I said to myself. Still, I couldn’t shake the feeling.

I paced my apartment that evening and as more news, details, footage, and photographs Crete revealed, the comparison continued to re-emerge, looming before my minds eye like a blood red moon set against a blue-black, starless night sky. It was an eerie feeling.

A few hours later I heard on the news, or read somewhere, probably Twitter, the same comparison to 9/11. And then I heard and read another comparison and then another... I realized I was not alone.

Although 9/11 was infinitely more tragic and shocking, of course, in some ways this terrorist attack felt and feels - how do I put it... more intimate? It gives me a sickly, queasy feeling that makes me clam up. It’s the idea that this attack not only came from within but from top and low levels; from all quarters, really. I suppose writhing under the weight of a global pandemic for nearly a year compounds the effect.

I don’t know. I’m probably making no sense.

by Anonymousreply 139January 11, 2021 4:11 AM

You're making plenty of sense, R139. I haven't been glued to the news like this since 9/11.

The difference is how quickly attempts to minimize this act of terrorism have set in. Every time I see shots of Congress members cowering on the floor of the balcony, or their staff barricading offices doors while hunkering under furniture, texting their loved ones goodbye, I think how utterly terrified they must have been. And yet somehow -- unlike 9/11 -- it's morphing into something we quickly move on from. That's almost as surreal as the insurrection itself.

by Anonymousreply 140January 11, 2021 4:21 AM

Replying to @nycsouthpaw Those now-former colleagues also never made any accounting to the public and are not covering themselves in glory here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141January 11, 2021 4:28 AM

Replying to @nycsouthpaw Interesting. Sund blames the Pentagon and is backed up by Bowser’s chief of staff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142January 11, 2021 4:29 AM

@nycsouthpaw Have yet to hear a good explanation for the 1.5 hour delay between the first and second calls with the Mayor

by Anonymousreply 143January 11, 2021 4:30 AM

R140 But at least we’re more informed, equipped, and prepared than we were twenty years ago. The masses - WE - have tons of evidence and no matter how badly nefarious players may want this to go away, it is not.

Though criticized for being too harsh on Pelosi (I disagree), the 60 Minutes interview with her and segment on the attack was succinct and effective. It makes an impact, one which will, along with Pelosi’s charge, reverberate through next week and beyond.

Trump apparently is preparatory hold a rally in Texas this week. At first I was shocked then disgusted but now I’m having a case of the Mr. Burns’ “Yes. Yessss...”’s. If it happens - if it is allowed to happen - it will only exacerbate things for him.

I say let it happen but with the National Guard “neutrally” standing by. The optics will be devastating AND it’ll send a clear message.

This week is going to be a doozy.

by Anonymousreply 144January 11, 2021 4:32 AM

Wow. There have been no Trump fundraising emails since [bold]Wednesday![/bold]. And now that Stripe has banned him, he has no way to process payment.

by Anonymousreply 145January 11, 2021 4:34 AM

R145 He’s dying a slow, seizure-ridden death.

by Anonymousreply 146January 11, 2021 4:36 AM

We are cutting off his lifelines, his Twitter, his electronic payments, his store, what else? He needs to be neutralized like Dorothy throwing water on the Wicked Witch of the West.

by Anonymousreply 147January 11, 2021 4:42 AM

NY Times also publishing details now. Looks like people are starting to go on the record. If anyone has a sub they can post more:

WASHINGTON — Huddled in a command center on Wednesday afternoon, Mayor Muriel Bowser of Washington and her aides saw a photograph of blood stains on the temporary grandstands at the Capitol, a makeshift structure built for the inauguration of a new president in two weeks.

The enormity of the deadly failure sank in.

Rioters had broken through the thin police line on the Capitol steps and were descending on hundreds of lawmakers conducting the ceremonial, quadrennial act of certifying the presidential vote — and the mayor and her aides were not able to stop the attack.

Ms. Bowser and her police chief called the Pentagon, asking for additional D.C. National Guard troops to be mobilized to support what officials were realizing was inadequate protection at the Capitol. But they were told that the request would first have to come from the Capitol Police.

In a call to Chief Steven Sund of the Capitol Police, they learned that his force was under siege, lawmakers were being rushed to safety, and rioters were overrunning anyone in authority. He kept repeating the same phrase: “The situation is dire.”

Cutting through the cross talk, one person on the call posed a blunt question: “Chief Sund, are you requesting National Guard troops on the grounds of the Capitol?”

There was a pause.

“Yes,” Chief Sund replied, “I am.”

Yet the Capitol Police and the city’s Metropolitan Police had rebuffed offers days before for more help from the National Guard beyond a relatively modest contingent to provide traffic control, so no additional troops had been placed on standby. It took just over four hours for them to arrive.

It was just one failure in a dizzying list that day — and during the weeks leading up to it — that resulted in the first occupation of the United States Capitol since British troops set the building ablaze during the War of 1812. But the death and destruction this time was caused by Americans, rallying behind the inflammatory language of an American president, who refused to accept the will of more than 81 million other Americans who had voted him out of office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148January 11, 2021 4:42 AM

if anyone does have a sub, the NYTimes article at r148 should be it's own thread. There is probably serious tea in there if I could get at it. Post it in a new thread anyone is still up.

by Anonymousreply 149January 11, 2021 4:44 AM

#149, sometimes if you enter the headline into a Google search, you'll find a non-pay site printing the story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150January 11, 2021 4:51 AM

[quote] it's morphing into something we quickly move on from.

Of course. Just as we got over ACTUAL terrorism in the capital. Of which I expect you never even knew.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151January 11, 2021 5:02 AM

[quote] Make a four-year university degree mandatory for them to enter the force

Should they all major in literature, too?

Take your elitism somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 152January 11, 2021 7:49 AM

R152, stick your inferiority complex up your asshole without any lube, you stupid cunt. And then go read a book.

by Anonymousreply 153January 11, 2021 8:12 AM

R152, some countries require a 4-year degree to become a police officer.

Years ago, I worked for a police department (in the US) where the officer requirements were a 4-year degree or a 2-year combined with military experience. A number of the officers had or were working towards their masters.

by Anonymousreply 154January 11, 2021 8:23 AM

Almost all the repugs have to go. Even now, most are proud to say they don't regret anything. They're still keeping up the bullshit lie that the election was rigged. They need to go

and the dirty 7 (hawley, cruz, mccarthy, johnson, boebert, etc) need to be arrested for conspiring with terrorists for the purposes of sedition and the FELONY MURDER of 5 people, including a police officer.

Every single day people are arrested all over this country for minor drug offenses. Their crimes cause them to lose their jobs, some their homes and much, much more. Their arrests can haunt them for the next 20 yrs when getting jobs, loans, or government assistance. And these fuckers still have their jobs, health care and pensions

by Anonymousreply 155January 11, 2021 9:11 AM

They are criminals and must face trials. Good luck to them, they should be convicted based on present evidence.

by Anonymousreply 156January 11, 2021 9:14 AM

R139 I agree. This is a horrible attack and half of the mob don't even realize what they did. There was a small core hell bent on executions. And then a range of motivations for entering. But ignorance does not excuse. That lady who got shot to death. She really was in a trance to do what she did. It's like a mob of zombies. All brainwashed with lies. LIES LIES LIES and the sitting reps and senators STICKING to the lies. Un-fucking-believable!

by Anonymousreply 157January 11, 2021 9:20 AM

I agree that something nefarious is going down. Fascism will not go peacefully.

by Anonymousreply 158January 11, 2021 10:26 AM

R153 No inferiority complex here. I have a B.S. in Economics from a private university with a fairly good reputation (GW).

Just not a superiority complex.

by Anonymousreply 159January 11, 2021 11:26 AM

^Education does not necessarily mean enlightenment. Just look at a number of prominent officeholders with Ivy League degrees, including the one with a Wharton degree who currently resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

R152

by Anonymousreply 160January 11, 2021 11:57 AM

"I've had a lot of occassion"

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 161January 11, 2021 12:00 PM

The silence is the most frightening time of this entire administration for me. We are weak, we seem to our law enforcement totally infiltrated. Agencies gutted. Sigh..

by Anonymousreply 162January 11, 2021 12:03 PM

R162 The silence is deadly.

by Anonymousreply 163January 11, 2021 2:34 PM

R154 If we are speaking about Europe (I can't address other countries) higher education is generally more accessible and thus it is more reasonable to require it for professional police work.

When higher education becomes truly affordable for all who are qualified, without taking on onerous amounts of debt, then we can discuss requiring a degree for police work.

R152

by Anonymousreply 164January 11, 2021 2:35 PM

To digress for a moment, I want to suck Chris Hayes’ cock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165January 11, 2021 3:08 PM

Damn, that WAPO Twitter timeline series reads like The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald

by Anonymousreply 166January 13, 2021 11:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!