Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

George W. and Laura Bush 'Look Forward' to Attending Joe Biden’s Inauguration

I think EVERYONE is just happy Trump will be gone soon!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 11, 2021 4:20 PM

By not being completely insane and hateful (and by befriending Michelle Obama), one could not have imagined in 2008 that dumbass Dubya has become a elder statesman of moderation and kindliness, but here were are.

by Anonymousreply 1January 10, 2021 4:08 PM

GWB had the best line about Trump's inaugural speech in 2017 ; 'That's some weird shit'!

by Anonymousreply 2January 10, 2021 4:33 PM

So, this degenerate war criminal whose incompetence, stupidity and psychopathic immorality have caused widespread devastation across the entire world, has the authority to judge Trump, or anybody else for that matter? And this is based on what, exactly?

The fact that this neoliberal sewer rat is endorsing Biden, isn't something positive at all. It only is a reflection of the fact that Biden is part of the bipartisan corporatist mafia that controls the US government. You know, the same that wanted Trump to run against Hillary Clinton because his buffoonish ways would make her look great by comparison, and then were outraged when he won against all odds.

We ought not to forget that this monkey-faced beast and his non-entity of a wife, left the presidency with one of the lowest approval rates for any president in history, and only a very expensive whitewashing campaign (in which those other two war criminals Barack and Michelle Obama have actively participated), can justify the "clout" that they undeservedly have nowadays.

Yes, Trump has been a rather atrocious president, but the reason why he is hated is because he says things that are inconvenient. If he had dishonestly masked his actions with euphemisms and polite mannerisms, the depraved leeches that conform the political establishment, would have loved, supported and promoted him.

However, he wasn't a competent speech reader and actor like Obama, a bombastic snake oil salesman like Reagan, a grey technocrat like George Bush Sr or a charismatic charlatan like Clinton (you know, someone that will skillfully distract people's attention from reality) and so, he is hated by the same hypocrites who have benefited the most from his policies.

This is downright shameful, no matter how the media and some people in here, might try to spin it.

by Anonymousreply 3January 10, 2021 5:29 PM

Fuck these assholes. So I guess we’re glossing over the Iraq War now?

by Anonymousreply 4January 10, 2021 5:35 PM

R,, Shouldn't you be doing something for Putin?

by Anonymousreply 5January 10, 2021 5:47 PM

Trump is hated because not only is an "atrocious" president but because he has defied the constitution and created seditious acts. No matter how bad Obama and Bush may have been, neither tried to become an authoritarian dictator who used blatant lies to manipulate the American public.

by Anonymousreply 6January 10, 2021 5:52 PM

R3. God, you’re tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 7January 10, 2021 7:07 PM

I'm not a fan but I think his friendship with Michelle is oddly warm and cute.

by Anonymousreply 8January 10, 2021 7:11 PM

Will Pickles come pickled?

by Anonymousreply 9January 10, 2021 7:14 PM

"Yes, Trump has been a rather atrocious president"

"Rather," R3? You give yourself away. And if GWB and Laura are making the Right rage-- and they are-- it's fine by me.

by Anonymousreply 10January 10, 2021 7:15 PM

My deplorable family members have been raging on them since he was the first Republican leader to call Biden and Kamala. They thought it was disrespectful. I told them not accepting defeat is disrespectful. And awfully unbecoming.

by Anonymousreply 11January 10, 2021 7:23 PM

All of the former Presidents in recent history have gotten along well with each other after their terms end. I’ll bet not one of them will have a positive word to say about Dump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 10, 2021 7:27 PM

R12 nope they all loathe him. I'd be willing to bet they all told Biden to just proceed as any other president elect would because this guy was gonna make things difficult for him. You have to commend Biden for ignoring the noise of a loud cry baby and continue as though it was like any other presidential victory in this country.

by Anonymousreply 13January 10, 2021 7:31 PM

Not a fan, but I'm sure it hurts Turd's feelings.

by Anonymousreply 14January 10, 2021 7:34 PM

As the only living former Republican president it's important for him to be there I think. I'm glad he's making it a point to not only be there but make it known. I'm 100 percent certain it enrages Dump to the point of foaming at the mouth which is why i love it all the better.

by Anonymousreply 15January 10, 2021 7:38 PM

Dearie @R12, all of them have gotten on well because they are all crooks, corporate slaves and war criminals. Don't pretend that they get on well because they are lovely people and Trump is a monster.

R7, I may be tiresome, but at least I am not a shameless and indecent apologist for neoliberal war criminals, like you. And your entire reason is? Oh yes: Orange Bowl is loud-mouthed and rude. OMG, he is such such a monster! Never mind that he has dropped less bombs than Obama, Bush Jr, Clinton and Bush Sr, and had taken the US from 7 wars under Obama, to 3. Does that mean that I am praising Trump? Obviously, I am not. However, those who are a million times WORSE than him, do not deserve any praise - even if they are smiley, polite and, in some cases, articulate and eloquent.

And R10, this repulsive beast is directly responsible for Iraq and Afghanistan, the 2008 crisis and setting up the conditions for the Arab Spring, which has had terrible effects on Northern Africa, the Middle Eaqst and Europe. We should ALL be raging against this evil bastard, and not just because he is critical of Trump. Clearly, you don't have enough common sense to appreciate this small, but loudly inconvenient fact.

You brainless, pseudo-leftist poseurs are worse than the trumpers. At least trumpers don't pretend to be informed and cultured intellectuals who are above it all, while acting like little children and refusing to see the truth, because "Trump is ruuuuuuude!".

Please. Just please... 🙄

by Anonymousreply 16January 10, 2021 7:40 PM

This is too much truth, R16, there's no point in unloading it in this place.

by Anonymousreply 17January 10, 2021 7:44 PM

R16 Triggered MAGAt alert!

by Anonymousreply 18January 10, 2021 7:44 PM

Attention DL shoppers. Crazy on aisle 16.

by Anonymousreply 19January 10, 2021 7:45 PM

I'm sure 'W' is very happy that he's no longer thought of as the worst president in our current life and times.

by Anonymousreply 20January 10, 2021 8:05 PM

R16 and r17 are the same person.

by Anonymousreply 21January 10, 2021 8:20 PM

Dump is the best thing that ever happened for W's legacy. He seems like an absolutely stellar President now in retrospect.

by Anonymousreply 22January 10, 2021 8:56 PM

Not enough diazepam in the world for R16.

by Anonymousreply 23January 10, 2021 9:24 PM

"And [R10], this repulsive beast is directly responsible for Iraq and Afghanistan, the 2008 crisis and setting up the conditions for the Arab Spring, which has had terrible effects on Northern Africa, the Middle Eaqst and Europe. We should ALL be raging against this evil bastard, and not just because he is critical of Trump. Clearly, you don't have enough common sense to appreciate this small, but loudly inconvenient fact."

Oh, really, I don't? I protested this "inconvenient fact" as loudly as one possibly could when it was taking place. I lost friends over it and argued with family members about it for years. It was terrible-- HE was terrible-- but it is over and done.

George Bush was a very bad president, but do I believe he is a sociopath? No. I don't. I do believe Donald Trump is-- "less damage" or not.

by Anonymousreply 24January 10, 2021 9:43 PM

[quote] The fact that this neoliberal sewer rat

Oh, shut the fuck up, tankie.

by Anonymousreply 25January 10, 2021 9:54 PM

R16 isn’t a MAGAt, she’s a tankie. Sanders/Gabbard was probably her dream ticket.

by Anonymousreply 26January 10, 2021 9:57 PM

W was a bad President. But I don't have any doubt that if he had lost to John Kerry in 2004, he would have conceded and supported an orderly transition.

by Anonymousreply 27January 10, 2021 10:03 PM

[quote]Does that mean that I am praising Trump? Obviously, I am not. However,

Obviously, you are. However shit.

by Anonymousreply 28January 10, 2021 10:06 PM

You whippersnappers can't imagine how loathed and reviled W was back in the day. It was Trump-level hatred, the big difference being no Twitter etc. They even made a movie about his demise. I personally consider him a warmonger and have zero interest in anything he has to say.

by Anonymousreply 29January 10, 2021 10:08 PM

When Trump dies it'll be interesting to see if any former presidents attend his funeral.

by Anonymousreply 30January 10, 2021 10:09 PM

[quote]You whippersnappers can't imagine how loathed and reviled W was back in the day. It was Trump-level hatred, the big difference being no Twitter etc. They even made a movie about his demise. I personally consider him a warmonger and have zero interest in anything he has to say.

Most people considered W to be kind of dimwitted but likeable enough. Everyone knew Cheney was the real warmonger who was making all the decisions behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 31January 10, 2021 10:11 PM

R31 Only right-wingers "liked" W. The left utterly despised him. It was intense, but social media wasn't really there to amplify it. Seems like a century ago.

by Anonymousreply 32January 10, 2021 10:16 PM

Michelle actually really likes both George and Laura despite'se their political differences. The Bush daughters were also genuinely kind and gracious with their daughters and I think Michelle has always appreciated it.

by Anonymousreply 33January 10, 2021 10:19 PM

Bush is a war criminal (dear God even my superconservative parents ended up hating the Iraqi War) and Trump is a despicable traitor who has divided the country in a way not seen since before the Civil War making us a nation not only to be laughed at but to be horrified by. They both deserve a firing squad. Why is it always the Republicans who are the biggest shits? Even Carl Bernstein said Donald with action after action is far worse than Nixon ever was and the entire nation was ready to take him down and he was smart enough to make himself scarce.

by Anonymousreply 34January 10, 2021 10:25 PM

[quote]Bush is a war criminal (dear God even my superconservative parents ended up hating the Iraqi War)

Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden both supported and voted to authorize the Iraq War when they were Senators. There's plenty of blame to go around on that issue.

by Anonymousreply 35January 10, 2021 10:29 PM

[quote] You whippersnappers can't imagine how loathed and reviled W was back in the day.

I remember very well. I hated him at the time and can’t say that I care for him now. But Trump is 50x worse.

by Anonymousreply 36January 10, 2021 10:33 PM

I will be watching all the faces of former Presidents at Biden's inauguration, but in particular will focus on these FLOTUS: Hillary and Michelle. They'll be beaming ear to ear. Good for them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 10, 2021 10:34 PM

[quote] Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden both supported and voted to authorize the Iraq War when they were Senators.

As did nearly everyone in Congress. Everyone was misled, including them. Anyone who continues to blame them, nearly 20 years later, is a loon as far as I’m concerned.

by Anonymousreply 38January 10, 2021 10:37 PM

Still dumber than a rock. Someone please give him a brain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 10, 2021 10:41 PM

Thank you for showing me that there are still honest people in this place, R17 and R29. George W Bush is one of the most nefarious political figures in history, guilty of unspeakable war crimes that have sparked 20 year long war that is still ongoing, and has only served to set the stage for a wider conflict against China , Russia and their allies - in short, anyone who poses a threat to an American supremacy obtained and maintained through relentless regime change wars, murders, financing coups and misappropriating resources.

And as far as his benevolent simpleton shtick is concerned, it was nothing more than a cynical exercise of marketing. He is just as bad as Cheney and we ought not to forget that nefarious, corrupt warmongerse like John Bolton, Colin Powell and Donald Rumsfeld, flourished under his presidency. His limited intelligence has never prevented him from being a conman, and the fact that he became the most powerful man in the world, proves it very well.

R10/R24, anyone who would have been aware of what Bush Sr and Jr did in Iraq and the Middle East (alongside Clinton and that sow Madelein Albright), wouldn't say "it is over and done". Millions of people have died, are still dying and will die because of this - many of them American. And yet, you're saying that he was somehow more innoffensive than Orange Bowl, just because one tweets nonsense and the other doesn't? You clearly don't have an ounce of common sense. Trump is thye one that got rid of Bolton, didn't start any wars and took America from 7 war fronts, to 3.

Yes, Trump is as much of a corrupt, neoliberal pig like the rest of presidents in the last 50 years. Guess what? He still isn't anywhere near as bad, and the fact that the shameless prestidigitators at MSNBC constantly bark about him being rude, arrogant and boastful, doesn't make him any worse than the previous presidents. If you cannot see that, all I can say is that I find your lack of judgement alarming.

And yes, R26, I would have LOVED it if Tulsi Gabbard had won the presidency, which she would have indubitably done in spite of Hillary Clinton's smears, because Andrew Yang, Howie Hawkins and her were the only candidates with genuine principles, a well-defined vision and the capacity to build a sustainable future for the US, within the world. Moreover, Gabbard is the only truly unifying figure in the entire election, and that is why the establishment were so hostile toward her: she cannot be bought and everyone would have rallied behind her, except their corporate donors. As for Bernie Sanders, I am not even going to lower myself to talk about that despicable, backstabbing old bastard.

If you want to call me a tankie because of that, I am DELIGHTED. I'd rather be a tankie than a filthy neoliberal piece of shit.

And no, the fact that you cannot refute what I'm saying, doesn't make me insane. It just makes YOU inadequate, ignorant and deliberately obtuse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 10, 2021 10:46 PM

Yay, let's all pretend that Obama isn't also a war criminal.

by Anonymousreply 41January 10, 2021 11:06 PM

Nancy Bush, HW's sister and W's aunt just died from COVID-19.

by Anonymousreply 42January 10, 2021 11:08 PM

Excuse me R40 but Trump TRUMPS everyone simply over Covid alone. I don't blame him for the virus and I don't even blame him for all of the deaths like many would. Look at what dem asshole Cuomo did in the nursing homes in NY! But Donald managed to turn the greatest threat this country has faced since WWll into a murderous divisive political tool simply in order to advance his own ambitions and feed his narcissist monster of a soul. And the greatest irony of all is if he had rallied the nation to fight this disease as even a half way decent human being would have he would have handily re-won the presidency. But like the mobster he is nothing delights him more than pitting his friends against his friends and pitting them all against his enemies real and imagined.

by Anonymousreply 43January 10, 2021 11:08 PM

But, but, but... That would be racist, R41! Also, he used words like "solidarity", "unity" and "brotherhood" a lot. That surely means that he is a VERY good person, right?

by Anonymousreply 44January 10, 2021 11:08 PM

George W. and Laura Bush attending the inauguration is not an endorsement of Joe Biden. It is an endorsement of the peaceful change of power that is supposed to take place every four years, and did until that idiot Trump was installed. Their attending the inauguration could be a symbolic return to the norms of American politics.

by Anonymousreply 45January 10, 2021 11:09 PM

The main difference with Trump is that he gave America (the Homeland, if you will) the treatment we reserve for shithole countries.

by Anonymousreply 46January 10, 2021 11:10 PM

[quote] When Trump dies it'll be interesting to see if any former presidents attend his funeral.

Let's hope Dump is denied a state funeral, and whatever happens, he definitely should not lie in state in the rotunda of the U.S. Capitol, which was just defiled by his terrorists.

by Anonymousreply 47January 10, 2021 11:10 PM

Obama droned American citizens and had Gaddafi sodomized with a bayonet.

by Anonymousreply 48January 10, 2021 11:11 PM

Trump's corpse should be thrown into a Dumpster, which should then be set on fire, and floated down a river.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 10, 2021 11:12 PM

fuck the both of them. george refused to endorse Biden

by Anonymousreply 50January 10, 2021 11:12 PM

No, R40. Trump has lost the election because of his own paralyzing incompetence. He just didn't know what to do and, when faced with the terrible COVID-19 crisis, he delegated responsibility on anyone he could find, and hoped that everything would go away. Also, Congress have approved two atrocious relief bills that condemn millions to poverty, while protecting the interests of their donors, and he hasn't done anything to veto or condemn their actions. THAT is what has ruined his chances of re-election. He is little else than a big-mouthed, boisterous narcissist, and when he actually had to prove his capacity, he became paralyzed with fear.

However, we should not remember how that evil cunt Pelosi did everything in her power to prevent him from being able to provide any form of financial assistance to the public, so as to ensure that Biden would succeed. The fact that Trump has comfortably sat in his chair and hoped for a miracle is what has caused his presidency to collapse - still, his political adversaries (both Democrats and Republicans), are far from blameless in this situation.

by Anonymousreply 51January 10, 2021 11:15 PM

Dump should die in prison.

by Anonymousreply 52January 10, 2021 11:16 PM

The last two term Republican President has to go to piss Trump off.

by Anonymousreply 53January 10, 2021 11:16 PM

Bush may have destroyed the Middle East, but Trump is destroying America from the inside and is a far greater threat.

by Anonymousreply 54January 10, 2021 11:17 PM

Bingo! @R46

by Anonymousreply 55January 10, 2021 11:18 PM

The great thing about this, is that his picture will never be in the White House

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 10, 2021 11:18 PM

R51, sorry, Nancy can do no wrong in my world. Amazing that you have the balls to blame a Dem for a single aspect of the last year. It shows your true colors. You’re the reason Dems struggle — you eat your own. You don’t understand how critical it is to create a message of unity, you just don’t care. Spewing your venom is more important to you.

by Anonymousreply 57January 10, 2021 11:57 PM

[quote] has only served to set the stage for a wider conflict against China , Russia and their allies - in short, anyone who poses a threat to an American supremacy

This is a totally moronic take. Yes, let’s abandon the international stage and leave it to China and Russia. Wonderful idea.

[quote] that sow Madelein Albright

Yes, down with Albright (one of the most effective Secretaries of State in the last half-century), up with Tulsi Gabbard (a Russian asset who never met a murderous autocrat she didn’t like).

[quote] Trump is thye one that got rid of Bolton

Yes, after he appointed him in the first place.

[quote] And yet, you're saying that he was somehow more innoffensive than Orange Bowl, just because one tweets nonsense and the other doesn't?

Jesus Christ.

Yes, Trump’s tweets are what make him offensive. He’d be totally cool, otherwise. /sarcasm

You’re either being willfully ignorant or you don’t mind all the other crap that he’s done. As long as he’s as isolationist as possible, then he’s better than “neoliberal” warmongers.

[quote] If you cannot see that, all I can say is that I find your lack of judgement alarming.

Not nearly as alarming as I find yours, I assure you.

by Anonymousreply 58January 11, 2021 12:28 AM

R33 Yuck

by Anonymousreply 59January 11, 2021 1:17 AM

[quote]Trump's corpse should be thrown into a Dumpster, which should then be set on fire, and floated down a river.

What do you have against woodchippers?

by Anonymousreply 60January 11, 2021 1:35 AM

[quote]Dearie @[R12], all of them have gotten on well because they are all crooks, corporate slaves and war criminals. Don't pretend that they get on well because they are lovely people and Trump is a monster.

Even Carter?

by Anonymousreply 61January 11, 2021 1:35 AM

R51 eats pop. He had me until he started kissing the ass of fucking TULSI, Tulsi the Tugboat, with the face of a log. She is a horrible horrible horrible human being, and hates gay people to boot. And yet here we have a poster talking about how amazing she is lmao? Clown.

by Anonymousreply 62January 11, 2021 1:40 AM

POOP goddamit

by Anonymousreply 63January 11, 2021 1:40 AM

R1 It's lovely. But he still took the country in 2003 into an unnecessary war in with tragic consequences, and said country was stupid enough to elect him president with a popular majority in 2004.

I think he's got this thing for Black women. Remember Condi Rice?

by Anonymousreply 64January 11, 2021 4:12 PM

[quote] he has dropped less bombs

you mean he has dropped "fewer" bombs (and I'm not judging the accuracy of your statement)

by Anonymousreply 65January 11, 2021 4:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!