Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is there an unbiased list of Trump's accomplishments, broken campaign promises, fuck-ups, and victories (such as they are)?

I know people on the right who say: don't look at him, look at what he does.

So...what did he do?

No medical plan. No wall.

Stock market? I dunno. My 401K was building nicely under Obama.

I'd been meaning to post this for a while; the last few days should certainly be included. He indirectly contributed to the 5 deaths.

by Anonymousreply 28January 15, 2021 3:55 PM

His fans never paid attention after Nov. 2016. Occasionally they saw him flash on TV saying something nasty, but that's just Donald. Daddy was busy making America white/straight/Christian again. Anything anti-Trump was just bitter loser Hillary fans who couldn't move on. And them low gasoline prices!

They don't realize that 4 long years have dragged on and their lives are still the same (with a dash of Covid).

by Anonymousreply 1January 8, 2021 5:08 AM

Make many phone calls, have many meetings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 8, 2021 5:09 AM

It doesn't take too long to look at either the NYT Coronavirus Updates site (no paywall) or the Worldometer site. 374,124 total deaths so far from covid-19. No mean accomplishment for a flim-flam man and real estate huckster.

by Anonymousreply 3January 8, 2021 5:12 AM

It would fill a library.

Which is his next project, actually.

by Anonymousreply 4January 8, 2021 5:12 AM

Anyone else remember the middle-class tax cuts that he mentioned, coincidentally just before the mid-terms?

Let's add that to the Did Not Happen list.

by Anonymousreply 5January 8, 2021 5:12 AM

R5, good point. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 6January 8, 2021 5:24 AM

Ug I I meant OP at R6

by Anonymousreply 7January 8, 2021 5:24 AM

They've been rushing around trying to accomplish world peace the past couple months, so they can say they did something (god knows what they promised the Saudis). Donald was going to take credit for Jared's hard work so he could get Noble Piece Prize. But now that will never happen.

by Anonymousreply 8January 8, 2021 5:33 AM

It was never about policies or accomplishments. The MAGAts don't care that he didn't build a wall, didn't repeal and replace Obamacare, didn't "lock her up," didn't bring back manufacturing and coal mining jobs, or do any of the other things he promised them. They don't care that he ignored COVID or that the deficit has skyrocketed. They don't care about the U.S.'s standing in the world. They don't care if the U.S. becomes a third-world shithole. All they care about is "owning the libs" and hating "others" (blacks, Muslims, immigrants, etc.). That's all they stand for. Everything else is just for show.

by Anonymousreply 9January 8, 2021 5:41 AM

R9, I totally get that.

Just wondering tho what else is there.

Some of my q's have been around pre-covid b/c I knew this day was coming (he's leaving yay!)

But where's the economy? Are there better trade deals? Do people have more $ in the bank?

by Anonymousreply 10January 8, 2021 6:06 AM

He's now managed to expose a wide swarth of white supremacists, insurrectionists, racists, fascists, etc. to authorities

by Anonymousreply 11January 15, 2021 12:07 PM

[quote] He's now managed to expose a wide swarth

Oh, DEAR!

They are anything but swarthy.

by Anonymousreply 12January 15, 2021 12:14 PM

America in Shambles

by Anonymousreply 13January 15, 2021 12:15 PM

I suppose you could start here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 15, 2021 12:20 PM

And then move on to here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 15, 2021 12:22 PM

No poor and lower middle class people do not have more money in the bank but I have seen rich people in the NYT comments say essentially 'whatever! I got my tax cuts' so I assume the rich got richer. Manufacturing jobs did not come back. Pelosi and Congress saved the affordable healthcare act and stopped him wasting billions on a wall that could never be built as he promised. He did absolutely nothing to help lower middle class people like me who desperately need affordable housing, help with student debt and better workplace protections. He didn't improve infrastructure in rural America which is vital if they are to compete in the modern economy. And no he did absolutely nothing to bring home American jobs skilled or unskilled or to stop the tax loopholes. In fact he told his rally crowds he was bringing jobs back and then he went to his golf course in Ireland and told them he was sending even more jobs and would recommend Ireland (as a tax haven) to more American companies.

But remember if you give people someone to hate they won't ask for anything else. His base got nothing, are worse off in ever way and are just thrilled because he validated their racism, misogyny and bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 16January 15, 2021 12:32 PM

Is your comma button broken?

by Anonymousreply 17January 15, 2021 12:36 PM

OP, I’ve compiled an exhaustive list of his accomplishments here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 15, 2021 12:42 PM

He valiantly tried to save America, but obstructionist, atheistic Democratic Communists fought him every step of the way.

by Anonymousreply 19January 15, 2021 1:23 PM

Donald Tromp promised to eliminate the debt with his tax cuts.

The national debt has risen by almost $7.8 trillion during Trump's time in office. That's nearly twice as much as what Americans owe on student loans, car loans, credit cards and every other type of debt other than mortgages, combined, according to data from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.

Donald Trump Built a National Debt So Big (Even Before the Pandemic) That It’ll Weigh Down the Economy for Years

The “King of Debt” promised to reduce the national debt — then his tax cuts made it surge. Add in the pandemic, and he oversaw the third-biggest deficit increase of any president.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 15, 2021 1:51 PM

[quote] he oversaw the third-biggest deficit increase of any president.

That is in 4 years, where the other Presidents took 8 years.

by Anonymousreply 21January 15, 2021 1:55 PM

One good thing was the criminal justice reform, a bipartisan effort.

Can't think of anything else, however. The rest is a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 22January 15, 2021 1:57 PM

President Lyndon B. Johnson once said, "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

by Anonymousreply 23January 15, 2021 1:59 PM

r19 Don't forget Satanic cannibalistic pedophillic as well. Probably an exaggeration (?), but really bonkers there are actually Americans who truly subscribe to that belief

by Anonymousreply 24January 15, 2021 2:32 PM

[quote] but really bonkers there are actually Americans who truly subscribe to that belief

And at least a couple of them are now members of Congress.

by Anonymousreply 25January 15, 2021 2:35 PM

500 Lies in one day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 15, 2021 2:38 PM

I have asked Trump supporters many times to list what he has done for the country. The only thing they can come up with was economy and tax cuts - to which i can reply - Obama's economy he ruined it and raised the national debt by 40% - Tax cuts - for the rich, you aint rich - next? The wall - Not done and the capitol terrorist attack proved Walls don't work right? Then they resort to calling me names.

by Anonymousreply 27January 15, 2021 3:48 PM

As someone overseas, the nice thing is he has not started any wars, nor invaded any countries. America does do that too much.

by Anonymousreply 28January 15, 2021 3:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!